HOMEMADE APPLE PIE WITH CHAI SPICES
Warm and sweet homemade apple pie with a little something extra- flavored with your favorite chai spices!
Provided by Sally
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Prepare my pie crust recipe through step 5.
- In a large bowl using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, stir the apples, lemon juice, flour, all of the spices, sugar, and vanilla extract together until thoroughly combined. Set filling aside as the oven preheats; this time allows the apples to begin letting off their juice.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C).
- On a floured work surface, roll out one of the discs of chilled dough (keep the other one in the refrigerator). Turn the dough about a quarter turn after every few rolls until you have a circle 12 inches in diameter. Carefully place the dough into a 9×2 inch pie dish. Tuck it in with your fingers, making sure it is smooth. Spoon the filling into the crust and discard some of the leftover juices in the bottom of the bowl. Dot the pieces of butter on top of the filling.
- Remove the other disc of chilled pie dough from the refrigerator. Roll the dough into a circle that is 12 inches diameter. Carefully lay the dough over the filling. Use a small paring knife to trim off excess dough from the sides. Cut slits in the top to form steam vents. Crimp the edges to seal.
- Lightly brush the top of the pie crust with the egg/milk mixture. Sprinkle the top with coarse sugar. Place the pie onto a large baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Keeping the pie in the oven, turn the temperature down to 375°F (190°C) and bake for an additional 30-35 minutes. After the first 20 minutes of bake time, I place a pie crust shield on top of the pie to prevent the edges from browning too quickly.
- Allow the pie to cool for 3 full hours at room temperature before serving. This time allows the filling to thicken up. Cover pie leftovers tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
CHAI-SPICE APPLE PIE
The apple pie takes on the flavors of Indian chai (tea). A blend of fennel seeds and ground cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom offers a unique and spicy rendition of this fall favorite dessert.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Dessert & Treats Recipes Pie & Tarts Recipes
Yield Makes one 9-inch double-crust pie
Number Of Ingredients 13
- On a lightly floured work surface, rollout one dough disk to a 13-inch round,about 1/8 inch thick. Brush off flour. Fitdough into a 9-inch pie plate; trim to a1/4-inch overhang. Chill 30 minutes.
- Peel, core, and cut apples into 1/2-inchslices. In a large bowl, gently toss appleswith lemon juice, brown sugar, flour, salt,fennel, cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, with a bakingsheet on center rack. Arrange apple mixtureon dough; dot with butter. Roll outremaining disk as above; drape over pieplate. Trim to a 1/2-inch overhang, andfold under bottom dough; crimp with afork. Cut a 1/4-inch hole in center; makefour slits. Chill at least 15 minutes.
- Cut dough scraps into shapes, and adhere to pie with egg white. Brush over entire pie with egg white, sprinkle with sanding sugar. Bake on heated sheet until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees; continue baking until juices are bubbling, 30 to 35 minutes more. Let cool on a wire rack.
CHAI APPLE PIE
This surprising twist on apple pie will be your new favorite dessert. It's not fall without apple pie! Instead of a traditional cinnamon-only apple pie, we're putting a twist on this beloved classic. This chai apple pie will have your whole house smelling like the holidays. Our chai spice mix gives apple pie an even more fun, cozy, seasonal taste. Top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy the flavors of the season!
Provided by Jessica Furniss
Categories Desserts Pies Apple Pie Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat apple juice in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second intervals until very warm, but not boiling. Add chai tea bags, cover, and let steep for 10 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop apples, tossing them in a bowl with lemon juice to keep from browning.
- Combine cinnamon, ginger, cloves, cardamom, and black pepper for spice blend in a small bowl.
- Combine apples, apple juice-chai tea blend, the spice blend, brown sugar, butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt in a large pot. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the apples start to soften, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer 1/4 cup of the warm apple liquid from the pot to a small bowl. Add cornstarch and whisk until completely dissolved into the liquid and no clumps remain. Stir mixture back into the pot. Continue cooking over medium heat, stirring often, until the mixture starts to thicken, about 5 minutes. Pour the filling into a bowl and set aside to cool, about 1 hour.
- While filling cools, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Pour filling into one of the thawed pie crusts and press the other crust dough over the top. Cut a small, shallow slit in the top with a sharp knife. Gently brush beaten egg over the top crust. Cover the outer edges of the pie with aluminum foil to avoid burning.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Gently remove foil and continue to bake until golden and bubbly, about 15 minutes more. Allow to cool until the pie is warm, but not hot, before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 425.4 calories, Carbohydrate 63.2 g, Cholesterol 30.9 mg, Fat 18.8 g, Fiber 5.6 g, Protein 4.2 g, SaturatedFat 5.8 g, Sodium 323.7 mg, Sugar 33.6 g
CHAI SPICED DOUBLE APPLE PIE
Very easy and spicy twist on traditional apple pie. You can also sub the raisin/cherry mix for some more apples, different fruit, etc. Serve with a unique ice cream such as rum raisin, almond, a holiday spice flavor like gingerbread or pumpkin pie, or apple-mint. I've also made a cool whip topping or white cake icing mixed with different flavors and served the variations alongside...try pumpkin spice mix, apple-mint jelly, ginger, instant chai mix.
Provided by GoldsmithLissa
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place jellyroll pan on rack in lower third of oven.
- Preheat to 350°F.
- Combine dried fruit and rum. Microwave on high at 15 intervals until warm and plumped. Set aside.
- Coat deep-dish pie pan with cooking spray. Prepare crust as instructed, reserving 2/3 cup of dough. On lightly floured surface, roll out remaining dough into 14" round. Fit into pan. On lightly floured surface, roll reserved dough into 14" round, cut out 10 1-in wide strips.
- In large bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, and spice. Stir in apples and dried fruit mixture until coated. Transfer into crust.
- Brush edges of crust with egg. Arrange dough strips in lattice pattern over filling. Press ends onto bottom crust. Trim edges and flute. Brush with egg. Sprinkle evenly with sugar.
- Bake on hot pan for 2 hours or until bubbly. Cover with foil after 2 hour if crust is browning too quickly.
- Cool completely on rack. Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 453.3, Fat 13.3, SaturatedFat 3.4, Cholesterol 26.4, Sodium 316, Carbohydrate 80.1, Fiber 4.7, Sugar 49.3, Protein 4.6
Use this crust to make our Chai-Spice Apple Pie, Lavender-Grape Tart, and Caramel-Walnut Pie.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Dessert & Treats Recipes Pie & Tarts Recipes
Yield Makes 2 eight-to-ten-inch pie crusts
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a food processor, pulse flour, salt, and sugar several times to combine. Add butter; process until mixture resembles coarse meal. With motor running, add ice water in a slow, steady stream until dough just holds together; do not process more than 30 seconds.
- Divide dough into two equal pieces; place each on plastic wrap. Flatten into disks; wrap, and chill at least 1 hour.
More about "chai apple pie recipes"
CHAI-SPICED APPLE PIE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Category Healthy Apple Pie RecipesCalories 286 per servingTotal Time 4 hrs 30 mins
- To prepare crust: Whisk 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, granulated sugar and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Cut butter into small pieces and quickly rub them into the dry ingredients with your fingers until the pieces are smaller but still visible. Add 4 tablespoons ice water and toss with a fork until evenly moist. Add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if necessary. Knead the dough in the bowl a few times--it will still be a little crumbly. Turn out onto a clean surface and knead a few more times until the dough just holds together. Divide in half and shape into 5-inch-wide disks. Wrap each in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Let the pie dough stand at room temperature for 5 minutes. Roll out one disk on a lightly floured surface into a 12-inch circle. Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate (not deep-dish). Prick in several spots with a fork. Refrigerate.
- To prepare filling: Combine honey and vanilla in a small saucepan and warm over low heat just until the honey thins a bit. In a large bowl, gently toss apples with the honey mixture, crystallized ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and salt. Sprinkle with flour and stir to combine. Transfer the filling to the pie pan. Moisten the outer edge of the crust with water.
CHAI-SPICED APPLE PIE RECIPE | THEHUB FROM WALMART …
Servings 10Total Time 4 hrs 30 minsCategory All Recipes
EASY CHAI APPLE PIE BAKED OATS | ONESTRIPECHAI
14 FALL DESSERT RECIPES WITH CHAI | ALLRECIPES
APPLE CHAI HAND PIES - MODERN CRUMB
MAKE APPLE PIE SPICE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHAI SPICE APPLE HAND PIES (DAIRY-FREE) - SUGARED & STIRRED
CHAI APPLE PIE - KARO
BAILEYS APPLE CHAI PIE RECIPE | BAILEYS US
BAILEYS APPLE CHAI PIE
CHAI SPICED APPLE PIE - NORDIC WARE
MINI CARAMEL-CHAI SPICED APPLE PIES - A COZY KITCHEN
CHAI SPICED APPLE PIE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHAI SPICED APPLE PIE WITH THE COLLEGE HOUSEWIFE
APPLE SLAB PIE WITH CHAI SPICES AND LEMON DRIZZLE - NORTHERN GINGER
CHAI SPICED APPLE CRANBERRY PIE - THE LITTLE VINTAGE BAKING …
VANILLA CHAI APPLE PIE - MIKEBAKESNYC
ROOIBOS & CHAI APPLE PIE – TICK TOCK
CHAI APPLE PIE | THE SWEET OCCASION
CHEF PENNY'S CHAI APPLE PIE | INSTITUTE OF CULINARY EDUCATION
CHAI SPICED APPLE PIE RECIPE | HOMEMADE APPLE CRUMBLE PIE
ASHA'S CHAI APPLE HAND PIES – DIASPORA CO.
SPICED CHAI APPLE PIE | 12 TOMATOES
CHAI SPICED APPLE PIE RECIPE - TABI MAY LIFE
HOMEMADE APPLE PIE WITH CHAI SPICES - THERE'S AN APPLE FOR THAT
CHAI APPLE PIE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHAI SPICED APPLE PIE, TWO WAYS - FORK KNIFE SWOON
HOMEMADE APPLE PIE WITH CHAI SPICES - STEMILT
CHAI APPLE PIE - APPLE PIE RECIPES
CHAI APPLE PIE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
SUGARROTI CHAI APPLE PIE RECIPE
CARAMEL-PECAN UPSIDE-DOWN CHAI APPLE PIE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
CHAI SPICED DUTCH APPLE PIE - DEL'S COOKING TWIST
HOMEMADE APPLE PIE WITH CHAI SPICES - MY ROI LIST
CHAI APPLE PIE - BAKEGOOD
INDIAN AS APPLE PIE'S CHAI PIE | INDIAN AS APPLE PIE
CHAI SPICED APPLE PIE - RECIPESRUN
MAPLE CHAI APPLE PIE - CHAI LATTE SPICED APPLE PIE
PALEO CHAI SPICED APPLE PIE | GREAT LAKES COLLAGEN
CHAI SPICED APPLE PIE — THE MOTHER COOKER
MASALA CHAI TEA SPICED APPLE PIES - ROSIE LOVES TEA
CHAI-SPICED CARAMEL APPLE CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE - SUNSET MAGAZINE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love