BACON-WRAPPED VENISON TENDERLOIN
- Mix brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, and Worcestershire together in a bowl until sugar is dissolved. Place tenderloin into a container with a lid or zip-top bag and pour the marinade over. Cover and marinate for at least 8 hours, to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Remove tenderloin and discard marinade. Wrap a slice of bacon around the tenderloin, starting at one end, and secure it with a toothpick. Continue wrapping bacon around the loin until it is covered and secured with toothpicks. Place on a broiler pan on the center rack of the oven.
- Bake in the preheated oven until slightly pink in the center, 35 to 40 minutes for medium-rare. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with white sugar, and turn on the oven's broiler.
- Broil in the preheated oven until bacon is crisp, about 5 minutes, turning once and watching closely so it doesn't burn. Remove from the oven and place on a cutting board. Let stand for 10 minutes. Slice with a knife between each strip of bacon so there are several pieces.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 622.5 calories, Carbohydrate 114.7 g, Cholesterol 95.9 mg, Fat 6.3 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 28.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 2067.4 mg, Sugar 112 g
GRILLED VENISON BITES (DEER BALLS) (CAJUN)
When you serve these up, the joke is; you have to kill a lot of deer to get this many ;o). Of course, they aren't really deer family jewels--they are actually bite size pieces of deer back strap or tenderloin. I got this recipe from a Cajun gentleman I hunt with in Haughton LA named Claude. I "guarunteeee", even people who say they don't like venison will eat a plate full of these. I prefer to use Tony Cachere's Cajun seasoning, thin cut bacon, zesty Italian dressing, and cook them over mesquite, but any wood or charcoal will do. Enjoy!
Provided by Pokey in San Antonio
Yield 20 balls, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Cut venison into bite size bits.
- Cut bacon into 3-4 inch pieces. You may even want to cut the bacon strips in half, length-wise first, depending on the width of the bacon.
- Wrap each chunk of meat with a piece of bacon, using a tooth pick to hold in place.
- Place wrapped venison in a plastic bag and cover with dressing. Marinate over night.
- Place marinated deer balls on plate and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Grill until bacon is crisp, turning often. I found the easiest way is to use a fish basket, that way you can turn them all over at once. Another way is to use a skewer. No mater what method you use, watch for flare ups, since the oil in the Italian dressing will cause quite a blaze if you don't keep an eye on it. I walked away one time to get a beer and when I came back my balls were burnt to a crisp.
GRILLED, BACON WRAPPED VENISON BACK STRAP
- Combine all ingredients except the bacon in the marinade. Let the venison marinade over night.
- Half cook the bacon and then wrap each steak.
- Grill to your liking.
- Of course, you never want to overcook venison.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1095.5, Fat 96, SaturatedFat 24.3, Cholesterol 222.1, Sodium 1615.9, Carbohydrate 3.7, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 0.1, Protein 52.9
- Cut the venison tenderloin into 12 strips lengthwise. Toss with Italian dressing, and allow to marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat a grill for medium heat.
- To assemble the venison wraps, lay a strip of venison on top of a strip of bacon. Place a teaspoon of cream cheese at one end, and top with a slice of jalapeno. Roll up and secure with a skewer. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Season the wraps with desired amount of seasoning salt.
- Grill for 10 minutes, then turn over, and continue cooking until the bacon is crisp.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 305 calories, Carbohydrate 2.1 g, Cholesterol 88.8 mg, Fat 22.2 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 22.9 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Sodium 1204.6 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
"My husband, Ron, and I hunt and created this dish that's special enough for company," relates Phyllis Abrams from Alton, New York.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6-8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Rub tenderloin with 1-2 teaspoons of oil and the garlic. Combine the flour, salt and pepper; sprinkle over tenderloin and shake off excess. In a skillet, brown tenderloin on all sides in remaining oil. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms until tender; remove and set aside. , Wrap bacon around tenderloin, securing the ends with toothpicks. Return to skillet. Cook over medium heat until bacon is crisp and a thermometer inserted into tenderloin reads 160°, turning frequently. Remove and keep warm. , In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add parsley and reserved mushrooms; cook and stir until heated through. Discard toothpicks from tenderloin; serve with mushroom sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 165 calories, Fat 7g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 75mg cholesterol, Sodium 445mg sodium, Carbohydrate 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 22g protein.
More about "char grilled bacon wrapped venison bites recipes"
BACON WRAPPED VENISON BITES - BUY THIS COOK THAT
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 45 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 65 per serving
10 BEST BACON WRAPPED VENISON RECIPES | YUMMLY
BACON WRAPPED VENISON TENDERLOIN - SOUTHERN MADE SIMPLE
RECIPE: GRILLED VENISON BEER BRATS - BIG DEER
BACON WRAPPED VENISON APPETIZERS - HONEYBUNCH HUNTS
THIS BACON WRAPPED VENISON TENDERLOIN IS EASY TO PREPARE - WIDE …
SMOKED BACON-WRAPPED VENISON TENDERLOIN RECIPE - NORTH …
10 BEST GRILLED VENISON RECIPES | YUMMLY
VENISON ON THE GRILL RECIPES – 45+ SIMPLE COOKING VIDEOS
BACON-WRAPPED GARLIC VENISON ROAST - THE DEERSLAYER'S WIFE
HOW TO GRILL BACON WRAPPED VENISON BACKSTRAP - MARTINI RECIPES …
BACON WRAPPED VENISON TENDERLOIN BITES - CREATE THE MOST …
A BACON WRAP KEEPS SMOKED VENISON BACKSTRAP RICH AND JUICY
BACON WRAPPED VENISON TENDERLOIN GRILLED : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION …
RECIPE: GRILLED BACON WRAPPED VENISON BITES | 365 WHITETAIL
GRILLED VENISON BITES (DEER BALLS) (CAJUN) RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CHAR-GRILLED BACON WRAPPED VENISON BITES | RECIPE | BACON …
CHAR-GRILLED BACON WRAPPED VENISON BITES | RECIPE | BACON …
BACON WRAPPED VENISON TENDERLOIN GRILLED - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
BRAT RECIPES WITH BACON - THERESCIPES.INFO
BACON WRAPPED VENISON BACKSTRAP - SMOKING MEAT FORUMS
GRILLED BACON-WRAPPED VENISON WITH BALSAMIC CHERRIES & FARRO
BACON WRAPPED DEER TENDERLOIN BITES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
BACON WRAPPED VENISON RECIPES - MARTINI RECIPES WITH AMARETTO
GROUND VENISON BACON BULLETS | LEGENDARY RECIPE - YOUTUBE
GRILLED BACON WRAPPED VENISON TENDERLOIN RECIPES | DEPORECIPE.CO
BACON WRAPPED VENISON BITES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BACON WRAPPED VENISON BITES RECIPE | YUMMLY | RECIPE | VENISON …
SWEET BACON-WRAPPED VENISON TENDERLOIN BITES RECIPE | WESTON …
GRILLED VENISON AND BACON BURGER RECIPE (2022) - BBQCHIEFS
GRILLED VENISON STEAK AND BACON RECIPE - GAME & FISH - GAME …
GRILLED VENISON APPETIZERS ARE A QUICK, TASTY SNACK - SMOKER …
GRILLED BACON WRAPPED VENISON BACKSTRAP - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
BACON-WRAPPED RACK OF VENISON RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BACON WRAPPED VENISON RECIPES - MARTINE RECIPES
BACON-WRAPPED JALAPENO CHICKEN BITES – RECIPE - JUGHANDLE’S FAT …
RECIPE: GRILLED BACON WRAPPED VENISON BITES - FOOD NEWS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook venison on a charcoal grill?DIRECTIONS Cut venison into bite size bits. Cut bacon into 3-4 inch pieces. Wrap each chunk of meat with a piece of bacon, using a tooth pick to hold in place. Place wrapped venison in a plastic bag and cover with dressing. Place marinated deer balls on plate and sprinkle with seasoning. Grill until bacon is crisp, turning often.
What's the best way to cook bacon wrapped venison?While the bites are baking (about 1o minutes in a HOT 450 degree oven), whisk together your favorite barbecue sauce with a little water. You can put it on thick if you'd like, but this step is to add just a little sweetness to balance out the flavors. Plus the simple bbq basting gives the Bacon Wrapped Venison a gorgeous color.
How to cook venison Tenderloin in the oven?Wrap each piece of venison with half a strip of thick cut bacon. Wrap tightly, securing with a toothpick. Arrange the bacon wrapped bites seam side down onto a broiler pan or wire rack over a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes at 450. Remove from the oven and turn on the broiler.
What are the best tips for cooking venison meat?Wrap each piece of venison meat with half a strip of bacon. Secure with toothpicks. Bake for 10 minutes in a pre-heated oven. Remove from oven and baste with thin barbecue sauce. Broil and baste, turning frequently until the bacon is crispy and browned. Next, drain marinade off of the venison and pat off any excess marinade.