CHEATER INSTANT POT® POLLO EN MOLE
This chicken mole is my rendition of the Mexican classic, but cooked in an Instant Pot®. I'm not claiming it's authentic, but family raves about it. I use Mexican mole dry seasoning from the Savory Spice® shop. Serve on top of rice or warmed corn tortillas garnished with queso fresco and sliced avocado.
Provided by thedailygourmet
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine tomatoes, chicken broth, mole seasoning, water, 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil, ancho chile powder, chipotle chile powder, salt, and pepper in a blender; blend until smooth.
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. Allow to get hot and add remaining 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil. Add onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Cancel Saute mode. Add chicken and pour sauce on top.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 15 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, for 15 minutes. Release remaining pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Add Mexican chocolate and stir to combine.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 411.1 calories, Carbohydrate 20.9 g, Cholesterol 64.8 mg, Fat 24.3 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 26.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 781.5 mg, Sugar 5 g
POLLO CON MOLE DE JEFE
I have adapted this recipe from more complicated moles that I have tried in Mexico. I have tried to keep the dish authentic in style and taste, while still being user friendly. More complicated moles involve roasting dried peppers and spending a lot more time. This dish can be done in under an hour and half, while more traditional moles take many hours to make. The chicken can be substituted with either pork or beef. I hope you enjoy!
Provided by Jeff Corwin
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the chicken chunks with 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Quickly brown the chicken, in batches if necessary, and transfer it to a plate. Deglaze the pan with 1/4 cup of the chicken stock, after fond is deglazed, transfer the liquid to a small bowl and set aside.
- Give the pan a quick rinse and towel dry. Put the pan back over medium-high heat and when the pan is hot, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil (but not smoking) add the onion, and 2 pinches of salt, saute until nearly translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes, Stir in the garlic and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the dry spices to onion/garlic mixture and saute for 2 minutes. Next add the remaining 1 3/4 cups chicken stock (including stock from deglazing), and bring to a near boil but not bubbling. Turn the heat down to simmer, and whisk in the almond butter, tomato paste, sriracha sauce, salt to taste, and honey. Whisk the sauce until completely incorporated. Add chocolate pieces, and continue to whisk until melted. Gently simmer the sauce for 5 minutes on the stove, take the pan off the heat, and immerse the chicken into mole sauce. Cover the pan and put it into the oven for 10 minutes. Reduce the oven heat to 350 degrees F. Remove the cover from the pan and bake for 1 hour.
- As the mole bakes, spoon the mole sauce over the chicken if the chicken is exposed periodically, or give a gentle stir every once and a while if you see a skin forming. If the mole sauce seems to be reducing too much (if it looks overly pasty), then add a splash of chicken stock to thin it out. Take the pan out of the oven, remove chicken from the pan to a covered dish to keep warm. The sauce should be thick; if it's not gravy-thick then reduce it for a few minutes on the stove top. If the sauce is overly thick then thin it out with a splash of chicken stock. Taste and add more kosher salt if you like. Stir in most of the cilantro (reserve a few pinches for garnish), then add the chicken back to the sauce. Spoon the chicken mole into a serving dish and top with the diced tomato and remaining cilantro. Good accompaniments include a Spanish-style rice, roasted potatoes, stewed Mexican-style black beans, roasted pumpkin, or squash.
- Cook's Notes:
- - I prefer bone-in but can use boneless, bone in will make for moister, more flavorful chicken, if medium-size then split and cut breast (with or without bone-in) into 3rds, for large chicken breasts then cut into quarters.
- - Sriracha sauce is a spicy sauce from Vietnam with rooster on label, or you can substitute with fresh minced habanero pepper or good quality hot sauce to taste, (if not using sriracha make sure you use substitute heat with caution, for example 1 teaspoon fresh habanero is far hotter than equal part sriracha) but sriracha works best in this recipe. It's now available in most grocery stores.
INSTANT CHICKEN MOLE POBLANO
- Combine rice, water, and salt in a 2-quart heavy saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 18 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered and undisturbed, 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- While rice cooks, blend mole and broth in a blender until smooth, then bring to a boil in a 12-inch skillet, stirring occasionally. Add chicken, then reduce heat and cook at a bare simmer, uncovered, turning chicken once, until just cooked through, about 15 minutes total (sauce will thicken slightly).
- *Available at mexgrocer.com and some Latino markets.
PRESSURE-COOKER CHICKEN MOLE
Chocolate with chicken? If you're not familiar with mole, don't be afraid of this versatile Mexican sauce. I love sharing this recipe because it's a great one to experiment with. -Darlene Morris, Franklinton, Louisiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Sprinkle chicken with salt; place in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Combine tomatoes, water, onion, chiles, almonds, raisins, oil, cocoa, chipotle pepper, garlic, cumin and cinnamon in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Pour over chicken. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure cook on high for 15 minutes. , Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure. Remove chicken; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Stir in chocolate until melted. Serve chicken with sauce. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 311 calories, Fat 18g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 86mg cholesterol, Sodium 378mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 26g protein.
POLLO CON MOLE POBLANO - CHICKEN IN MOLE SAUCE
Serve this famous Mexican dish with serve the dish with rice, homemade pork tamales, picadillo, flour tortillas, and a salad of tossed greens and tomatoes. From Texas Highways.
Provided by Molly53
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat a shallow layer of oil in a very large skillet, or use two skillets.
- Brown chicken in oil on both sides; add water to cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, make the sauce by placing all remaining ingredients (except bay leaf) in a blender and processing until smooth.
- When chicken is done, drain broth and reserve.
- Add 1 to 1 1/2 cup of broth to sauce.
- Blend, pour over chicken in skillet, add bay leaf, and cook on low heat for 35 more minutes.
POLLO EN MOLE (CHICKEN IN MOLE SAUCE)
A chicken dish from the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico. I found it on a website stating that it came from a family in Cancun.
Provided by coconutcream
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Wash chicken and cut into large chunks.
- Place in a pot with enough water to cover the chicken and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer on medium for about 15 minutes.
- Remove all of the broth and add back 1 cup of that broth to the pot.
- Mix together the peanut butter, chocolate syrup, chili powder, tomato sauce, cloves, cinnamon, paprika and salt in a bowl and then add to the pot. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with warm tortillas.
More about "cheater instant pot pollo en mole recipes"
EASY CHICKEN MOLE | FAST INSTANT POT SHREDDED CHICKEN MOLE
4.8/5 (53)Total Time 50 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 257 per serving
- Set a 6-quart or larger Instant Pot or similar electric pressure cooker to SAUTE. Add the olive oil. Once hot, add the onion and sauté until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook just until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Turn off the Instant Pot and scrape the onion and garlic into a blender. Return the insert to the pot and set back to SAUTE. Add a few splashes of water, scrape up any browned bits, and discard them. You want the bottom of the Instant Pot to be fairly clean so that it does not burn. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- To the blender with the onions, add the tomatoes, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, pepitas, raisins, cocoa powder, salt, cumin, and cinnamon. Blend until smooth.
- Lightly coat the Instant Pot with nonstick spray and place the chicken in the Instant Pot. Pour the sauce over the top and do not stir. Cover and seal the Instant Pot. Cook on HIGH pressure for 8 minutes (for chicken breasts) or 10 minutes (for chicken thighs). Vent immediately.
- Remove the chicken to a plate. Turn the Instant Pot to SAUTE and bring the sauce to a simmer. Let bubble, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is rich and thick, about 10 minutes. Place a layer of paper towels over the top as the sauce cooks to catch any splatters. While the sauce cooks, shred the chicken with two forks. Return the chicken to the pot and toss with the thickened sauce. Enjoy with any desired toppings over rice, as a filling for tacos or quesadillas, over nachos, or right out of the Instant Pot with a fork.
INSTANT POT CHICKEN MOLE | HEALTHY RECIPES | WW CANADA
Cuisine MexicanCategory DinnerServings 4Total Time 45 mins
- In a blender, combine ½ cup water, powdered almond butter, raisins, chipotle peppers, cocoa, tomato paste, cumin, cinnamon, salt, garlic, and onion. Blend on high speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Coat bottom of a 6-quart or larger Instant Pot with nonstick spray. Add chicken to pot, and top with mole sauce. Drizzle remaining ¼ cup water over sauce. Close pot and seal vent; set to high pressure for 12 minutes. (It may take 10 to 15 minutes for the machine to reach full pressure.)
- When pressure cooker beeps, carefully release pressure manually. Garnish chicken with cilantro, if desired.
INSTANT POT CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr
- Place stock, tomato puree, onion, raisins, cocoa, cumin, cinnamon, chocolate, garlic, chipotle chile, ancho chile, 1/4 cup of the olive oil, 1/4 cup of the pumpkin seeds, and 1 teaspoon of the salt in a blender. Process until smooth, scraping down sides of blender as necessary.
- Set Instant Pot to SAUTÉ setting. Add 2 tablespoons of the oil. Sprinkle chicken with remaining salt. Cook 4 of the chicken thighs, skin side down, until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Flip, and cook to brown other side, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer browned chicken to a plate; repeat with remaining oil and chicken. Place all browned chicken back in Instant Pot. Pour mole sauce over chicken. Turn Instant Pot off.
- Cover cooker with lid, and lock in place. Turn steam release handle to SEALING position. Set to HIGH pressure, and cook 25 minutes. Carefully turn steam release handle to VENTING position, and let steam fully escape. Carefully remove lid from cooker. Place chicken on a platter. Spoon sauce over top. Sprinkle with remaining pumpkin seeds.
EASY INSTANT POT MOLE SAUCE - THE FOODIE AND THE FIX
INSTANT POT CHICKEN MOLE - WHOLESOMELICIOUS
INSTANT POT CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE - SUGAR SPICES LIFE
INSTANT POT ESTOFADO DE POLLO (OR POLLO GUISADO, PUERTO …
INSTANT POT POLLO GUISADO - CHEF ZEE COOKS
CALDO DE POLLO IN THE INSTANT POT - SIMPLE PRESSURE COOKER MEALS
INSTANT POT CHICKEN MOLE MAKING POLLO MOLE CAN BE A LABOR OF …
INSTANT POT CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
DONA MARIA MOLE VERDE AND PORK RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
INSTANT POT CHICKEN MOLE | RECIPES | WW USA - INSTANT POT RECIPES
CALDO DE POLLO RECIPE | CALDO DE POLLO MEXICANO + VIDEO
EASY INSTANT POT ARROZ CON POLLO - MOMMY'S HOME COOKING
COMO HACER POLLO ENTERO EN LA INSTANT POT
INSTANT POT POLLO GUISADO RECIPE OR PUERTO RICAN CHICKEN STEW
POLLO EN INSTANTPOT - YOUTUBE
MOLE DE POLLO MEXICANO~CHICKEN IN A MOLE SAUCE - LA PIñA EN LA …
MOLE CHICKEN INSTANT POT TACOS + VIDEO - KEVIN IS COOKING
INSTANT POT ARROZ CON POLLO - FEASTING AT HOME
INSTANT POT CHICKEN MOLE RECIPES
INSTANT POT CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE - CHEFDEHOME.COM
INSTANT POT FRICASE DE POLLO - LANA UNDER PRESSURE
INSTANT POT ARROZ CON POLLO RECIPE - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
INSTANT POT CHICKEN MOLE - RECIPESRUN
INSTANT POT CHICKEN MOLE RECIPE - PINTEREST.COM
INSTANT POT POLLO GUISADO (STEWED CHICKEN) - SPRINKLEDIY
PRESSURE COOKER SHREDDED CHICKEN IN BLACK MOLE SAUCE
INSTANT POT CHICKEN MOLE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
POLLO ASADO CON INSTANT POT - YOUTUBE
INSTANT POT CUBAN CHICKEN AND RICE (ARROZ CON POLLO)
CHICKEN AND CHEATER DUMPLINGS - INSTANT POT - FOOD RECIPES
POLLO EN MOLE - BIGOVEN.COM
INSTANT POT ARROZ CON POLLO - TESSA THE DOMESTIC DIVA
RECIPE | POLLO CON MOLE — KARINA MORA
MIKE'S MOLE DE POLLO RECIPE - FOOD NEWS - FOODNEWSNEWS.COM
INSTANT POT® MAIN DISH RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
HOW TO MAKE MOLE POBLANO (QUICK AND EASY RECIPE)
CROCK POT POLLO EN MOLE | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE BOX
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook chicken mole in an Instant Pot?How to Make Easy Chicken Mole Arrange the chicken in the Instant Pot. Place the sauce ingredients into a blender, process until smooth, then pour the whole shebang right over the chicken. Cook the chicken for a short and sweet 8 minutes of pressure. Reduce the sauce right in the Instant Pot on the saute setting.
How to make mole casserole?This is where your mole comes together. In a large, heavy pot, heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil to medium heat. After 3 minutes, add the chile sauce and cook for 20 minutes. Add in the other blended sauce. Stir well to combine. When it comes to a boil, taste for salt. Add the Mexican chocolate, brown sugar and remaining 3 cups of chicken broth.
How to cook chicken tacos in an Instant Pot?Pour the mole sauce over the chicken and seal the Instant Pot. Cook on high for 25 minutes (or 20 minutes for boneless), then do a Quick Release. Remove the chicken from the pot and shred. Then add back to the pot and stir to coat in the sauce. Now it’s time to assemble these Instant Pot chicken tacos!
How do you make mole poblano?Use either Doña Maria or Rogelio Bueno. Put 2tbs oil in a pan, warm add entire bottle of mole, whisk and cook on low heat 3 minutes. Add 2 cups broth, whisk until blended. Add a bit of Mexican chocolate-1/3 of the disk. Whisk. Add the chicken-if you want to cook it in sauce-and simmer 20 minutes. Or!