BLUE MOON ICE CREAM
this is exactly like the blue moon ice cream that can be found in northern michigan at kilwins. Its also the same that i used to have in the summers as a kid in the 70's. there isn't any pineapple or alcohol in this!!
Provided by babpd
Categories Frozen Desserts
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- 1/2 Cup of milk scalded in pan.
- add 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/4 tsp of salt. stir till dissolved.
- add 1/2 cup of half and half.
- add 11/2 cups of heavy whipping cream.
- add vanilla, raspberry, lemon flavoring.
- add blue food coloring.
- chill in fridge till very cold.
- put in ice cream machine!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310, Fat 25.1, SaturatedFat 15.6, Cholesterol 91.8, Sodium 137.9, Carbohydrate 20.2, Sugar 16.8, Protein 2.5
CHEATERS BLUE MOON ICE CREAM
Yes, I too, am on a quest for the "true" Blue moon ice cream.This is the non-"fruit loop" flavor version. This one also doesn't have crushed pineapple. But if your version of Blue Moon HAS to have it, by all means throw some in! I got this particular recipe off of a Blue Moon bulletin board and I have yet to try it... so good luck!
Provided by Lady of shallot
Categories Frozen Desserts
Yield 1/2 gallon
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Have frosted glasses or bowls at the ready.
- Do not add any more alcohol. If you do the mixture will not freeze properly.
- Blend ingredients in a blender until ice cream JUST turns into liquid.
- Put in frosted vessels and into the freezer IMMEDIATELY. The mixture has to set up FAST or the alcohol will separate.
- Serve in cold glasses right out of freezer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 4563.9, Fat 249.8, SaturatedFat 154.2, Cholesterol 999.1, Sodium 1816.5, Carbohydrate 535.9, Fiber 15.9, Sugar 481.8, Protein 79.5
BLUE MOON ICE CREAM
This is my ALL-TIME, ABSOLUTE FAVORITE ice cream! There used to be an ice cream shop called Dryan's in my hometown in WI & this was always the most popular ice cream flavor. The shop closed when I was a teenager & I thought I'd never get to enjoy it again. Then about 10 years ago, a local creamery started making it again. I was beyond happy! But where I am now, they don't sell it. So when my friend from back home sent me this recipe recently, I was so happy because now I can have it anytime! *Picture not mine. I ate it all before I could take a picture! Will add my own ASAP.
Provided by S I @SyiLuvsPastries
Categories Ice Cream & Ices
Number Of Ingredients 9
- ****** FYI: JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS.....PLEASE UNDERSTAND that this ice cream is NOT supposed to mimic ANY blue raspberry/raspberry treats that you've had at or from any other establishment! There is not going to be a strong raspberry flavor to this ice cream either. The flavor is VERY FAINT. If you read my previous comments, you will see that this ice cream originated in Milwaukee, WI and can only be found in Wisconsin and Michigan. The flavor is like no other and many WI and MI residents, that actually grew up eating it, are STILL trying to figure out just WHAT the flavor is actually supposed to be! However...WE STILL LOVE IT AS IT BRINGS BACK SUCH WONDERFUL CHILDHOOD MEMORIES!! :-D ******
- In a medium saucepan, heat the whole milk over medium heat to scalding. Add the sugar and salt, stir until completely dissolved.
- Add the heavy cream and vanilla pudding mix; stir until pudding mix has been blended.
- Remove from the heat. Add in the vanilla, raspberry, and lemon extracts. Add the blue food coloring; stir to blend well and get a consistent blue color. *You want the color to be as shown in the picture, as that's the TRUE color of this ice cream.
- Transfer the mixture to a container and place it in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 - 3 hours.
- Once cold, pour mixture into your ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's directions.
- **I'm even more happy now than before!! I found a website where I can order the actual blue moon ice cream that I grew up on (from the actual dairy/creamery in Wisconsin)!! They also still make the blue moon ice cream sandwiches. YEA!!!! I'm still going to continue making this recipe as well though, as it's a very good copy cat recipe and you can never have too much blue moon ice cream (at least I cant)!
EASY NO-COOK PASTRY CREAM
In this no-cook easy pastry cream, there's no hand-whisking or tempering involved. Use it to fill fruit tarts, cream puffs, or Boston Cream Pie.
Provided by Vallery Lomas
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat until very stiff peaks form and the filling smooths out, about 2 minutes. Store covered in the refrigerator until well chilled. The pastry cream can be refrigerated up to 3 days.
More about "cheaters blue moon ice cream recipes"
THE DUTCH BAKER'S DAUGHTER: BLUE MOON ICE CREAM
BLUE MOON ICE CREAM | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
BLUE MOON ICE CREAM RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
86 BLUE MOON ICE CREAM IDEAS - PINTEREST.CA
BLUE MOON RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BLUE MOON ICE CREAM | RECIPE IN 2022 | BLUE MOON ICE CREAM, ICE …
BLUE MOON ICE CREAM CUPCAKES - WITH SPRINKLES ON TOP
BLUE MOON ICE CREAM RECIPE | RECIPE CLOUD APP
WHATS IN BLUE MOON ICE CREAM RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BLUE MOON ICE CREAM RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
BLUE MOON ICE CREAM RECIPE - THEBRILLIANTKITCHEN.COM
BLUE MOON ICE CREAM RECIPE - PLAIN.RECIPES
BLUE MOON ICE CREAM RECIPE | COOKING SELF
BLUE MOON ICE CREAM - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
WHAT IS THE REAL BLUE MOON ICE CREAM FLAVOR? | TASTE OF HOME
BLUE MOON ICE CREAM - YUM GOGGLE
AUTHENTIC NO CHURN BLUE MOON ICE CREAM - BAKING BEAUTY
CHEATERS BLUE MOON ICE CREAM RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BLUE MOON ICE CREAM RECIPE | YOUR HOMEBASED MOM
BLUE MOON ICE CREAM ON BAKESPACE.COM
NO-CHURN BLUE MOON ICE CREAM | FUN TREAT! | ALL SHE COOKS
BLUE MOON ICE CREAM
BLUE MOON ICE CREAM : 3 STEPS (WITH PICTURES) - INSTRUCTABLES
BLUE MOON ICE CREAM - FOOD RECIPES
BLUE MOON ICE CREAM - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
BLUE MOON ICE CREAM (NO CHURN, VEGAN) - SIMPLY WHISKED
BLUE MOON - COUNTRY FRESH® DAIRY
THE ENDURING MIDWESTERN MYSTERY OF BLUE MOON ICE CREAM
13 BLUE MOON ICE CREAM IDEAS | HOMEMADE ICE CREAM, CREAM …
RECIPES | BLUE MOON
BLUE MOON ICE CREAM INGREDIENTS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS …
ISO: BLUE MOON ICE CREAM - RECIPELINK.COM
BLUE MOON ICE CREAM | RECIPE - PINTEREST
BLUE ICE RECIPES (PAGE 1) - FOODFERRET
BLUE MOON ICE CREAM - CHEESE CURD IN PARADISE
BLUE MOON ICE CREAM RECIPE WHOLESALERS FROM TAOBAO - YOYBUY
BLUE MOON ICE CREAM RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Blue Moon ice cream?How to Make Blue Moon Ice Cream 1 Scald 1 cup milk in a pan (heat it just until it begins to boil) 2 Add in sugar and salt and stir 3 Pour in whipping cream, vanilla, pudding, raspberry and lemon extract 4 Add blue food coloring to desired color 5 Chill in fridge until cold 6 Process in ice cream maker
What is the recipe for a blueberry ice cream?1/2 Cup of milk scalded in pan. add 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/4 tsp of salt. stir till dissolved. add 1/2 cup of half and half. add 11/2 cups of heavy whipping cream. add vanilla, raspberry, lemon flavoring. add blue food coloring. chill in fridge till very cold.
How do you make blue food coloring ice cream at home?DIRECTIONS 1/2 Cup of milk scalded in pan. add 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/4 tsp of salt. stir till dissolved. add 1/2 cup of half and half. add 11/2 cups of heavy whipping cream. add vanilla, raspberry, lemon flavoring. add blue food coloring. chill in fridge till very cold. put in ice cream machine!
How do you make ice cream with scalded milk?DIRECTIONS 1 1/2 Cup of milk scalded in pan. 2 add 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/4 tsp of salt. stir till dissolved. 3 add 1/2 cup of half and half. 4 add 11/2 cups of heavy whipping cream. 5 add vanilla, raspberry, lemon flavoring. 6 add blue food coloring. 7 chill in fridge till very cold. 8 put in ice cream machine!