WELSH RABBIT (RAREBIT)
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, and stir the Cheddar cheese and beer into the melted butter. Cook and stir until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes, and remove from the heat.
- Whisk together the egg, salt, dry mustard, cayenne pepper, and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl. Gradually whisk the egg mixture into the cheese mixture, stirring between additions, until the egg mixture is thoroughly combined. Return the saucepan to the stove, and stir over low heat until the Welsh rabbit is hot and smooth.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 536.5 calories, Carbohydrate 2.4 g, Cholesterol 180.4 mg, Fat 44.6 g, Protein 30 g, SaturatedFat 27.9 g, Sodium 1025.9 mg, Sugar 0.9 g
- Prepare the chicken. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6/fan 180C. Slice the breasts in half through the middle so you have two thinner pieces (so they will cook quicker). Lightly oil a shallow baking dish, one that is big enough for the chicken to fit easily in a single layer. Lay the chicken in the dish. Mix the Easy cheese, mustard and milk in a little bowl, then pile the mixture on top of each piece of chicken. There's no need to smooth it out.
- Put it in the oven. Throw the tomatoes, still on the vine, all round the chicken, then cook for 20-30 minutes until the chicken is golden and the tomatoes squashy.
- Serve it up. Serve with broccoli and new potatoes. Suggest to everyone that they squash the tomatoes on their plates to blend into the cheesy sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 316 calories, Fat 15 grams fat, SaturatedFat 8 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 2 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 44 grams protein, Sodium 1.09 milligram of sodium
CHEDDAR CHICKEN RAREBIT
You won't find a quicker or more comforting and delicious meal than this amplified version of Welsh Rarebit. By piling chicken and tomatoes on the toast before spooning on the satiny cheese sauce, the traditional luncheon dish turns into a substantial supper. Crisp slices of bell pepper are all you need for a satisfying accompaniment. You can use grilled or roasted chicken.
Provided by Olha7397
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Grate the cheese into a small saucepan. Add the milk and melt the cheese over low heat, stirring continuously, until it is almost melted, about 30 seconds. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the mustard and butter. Keep stirring until the butter is melted, 30 seconds more. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Core and thinly slice the tomatoes. Stem and seed the bell peppers, and cut them into 1-inch strips.
- Toast the bread and set the slices on dinner plates. Cover the toast with a layer of chicken and a layer of tomatoes. Reheat the sauce, and when it is bubbling, spoon it over the tomatoes. In place of chicken you can use sliced smoked turkey. Garnish with the green bell pepper and serve immediately. Serves 2 dinner servings.
- VARIATIONS: In step 1, add 1/4 cup chopped pimientos to the cheese right before stirring in the butter.
- For extra kick, add 2 Tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno peppers to the cheese after you have melted it in step 1.
- ESPECIALLY GOOD FOR COMPANY: Toast the bread on a baking sheet at 375°F for 10 minutes. Set out the sliced chicken and tomatoes, and let everyone assemble their own open faced sandwiches while you make the sauce.
- Monday to Friday Chicken.Michele Urvater.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 687.1, Fat 36.6, SaturatedFat 21, Cholesterol 165.6, Sodium 973.6, Carbohydrate 41.5, Fiber 7.4, Sugar 6, Protein 48.9
WELSH RAREBIT (CHEDDAR BEER TOAST)
This take on Welsh Rarebit is a great last-minute party snack or part of a simple dinner. The cheese topping is like a fondue--just switch out the Gruyere cheese for Cheddar and white wine for beer. It takes about 10 minutes to put together and you can keep it warm in the oven if you don't want to dig in right away.
Provided by Claire Thomas : Food Network
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the broiler.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the flour and whisk for 1 minute. Add the Cheddar, dry mustard, paprika and cayenne and a pinch each of salt and black pepper and whisk to combine. As the cheese melts, gradually add the pale ale, stirring to combine. Bring to a simmer, whisking until smooth. Remove from the heat.
- Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet. Spoon on the cheese sauce and coat each slice in the middle. Broil until the cheese is bubbly and browned, about 2 minutes (watch closely, as broilers vary). Top with chives and enjoy!
- 1. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and whisk in the flour. Cook, whisking constantly for 2 to 3 minutes, being careful not to brown the flour.
- 2. Whisk in mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper until smooth. Add beer and whisk to combine. Pour in cream and whisk until well combined and smooth.
- 3. Gradually add cheese, stirring constantly, until cheese melts and sauce is smooth; this will take 4 to 5 minutes.
- 4. Pour over toast and serve immediately.
TOMATO WELSH RAREBIT
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat, then whisk in the flour to form a thick paste. Slowly whisk in the milk until the mixture resembles a thick sauce. Stir in the tomato soup, Cheddar cheese, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and paprika until heated through, about 10 minutes. Add more milk if the soup becomes too thick.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 360.1 calories, Carbohydrate 31.5 g, Cholesterol 58.3 mg, Fat 20.4 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 13.6 g, SaturatedFat 12.5 g, Sodium 815.5 mg, Sugar 10 g
People also searched
More about "cheddar chicken rarebit recipes"
CORNISH RAREBIT RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Servings 10Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory Snack See details »
CHEDDAR RECIPES: CHEESE STRAWS, SCONES, RAREBIT - GREAT ...
Estimated Reading Time 1 min See details »
REAL WELSH RAREBIT RECIPE - COOK.ME RECIPES
Cuisine BritishTotal Time 15 minsServings 6Calories 270 per serving See details »
CHICKEN RAREBIT | RECIPE | CUISINE FIEND
Category Main CourseTotal Time 35 mins
- Cover the chicken fillets on a chopping board with cling film and flatten with a mallet or a rolling pin. Season them with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Stir the cheeses together in a bowl with the corn flour, breadcrumbs and mustard powder. Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/gas
- Heat the butter in a small frying pan until foaming. Add the mushrooms, garlic and thyme and cook until the liquid they release is absorbed back, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Dredge the chicken fillets in cornmeal, shake off the excess and add them to the pan. Cook for about 7-10 minutes on one side.
EASY CHICKEN RAREBIT | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
3/5 (4)Calories 340 per servingTotal Time 4 hrs 20 mins
- Cut chicken diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices; set aside. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, stir together pasta sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Add onion and chicken slices.
- To serve, spoon chicken and sauce mixture over bun halves. If desired, sprinkle with crumbled bacon and tomato. Serve with dill pickles, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
LEEK, SMOKED CHEDDAR AND MUSTARD RAREBITS RECIPE ...
5/5 (3)Total Time 25 minsCategory Christmas CanapésCalories 485 per serving
- Pour the ale into a pan over a high heat and bring to the boil. Bubble until the ale is reduced to 150ml, then take off the heat and set aside.
- Put a large heavy-based pan over a medium heat. Add the olive oil and the chopped chestnuts, then season with salt and pepper. Fry for 4-5 minutes, stirring, until the chestnuts start to crisp around the edges. Use a slotted spoon to lift them out onto a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- With the pan still on the heat, add the butter and, when it’s foaming, add the sliced leek and garlic, then season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring regularly, for 4-5 minutes, then stir in the flour. After a minute add the reduced ale and mix well using a wooden spoon. When the mixture starts to thicken and bubble, add the mustard, grated cheese and chopped parsley, then taste and season. Cook, stirring all the time, until the cheese has completely melted. Take the pan off the heat (see Make Ahead).
- Heat the grill to medium. Toast the bread on both sides, then spoon over the cheesy leek mixture, spreading it out to reach the edges of the toast. Put the rarebits back under the heat and grill until bubbling and blistered. Serve straightaway, scattered with the chestnuts.
WELSH RAREBIT GRILLED CHEESE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
5/5 (1)Total Time 25 minsCategory EntreesCalories 720 per serving
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the butter and flour and stir constantly until the butter is melted and the mixture forms a paste, which ought to take just a couple minutes. Continue to cook, still stirring constantly, for another minute to ensure the resulting sauce doesn’t have a floury taste.
- Gradually pour in the ale and continuously stir until the mixture thickens, anywhere from almost immediately to a few minutes later.
- Add the mustard, cheese, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne pepper and stir until the cheese has completely melted, 2 to 5 minutes. The sauce will begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Keep stirring until the cheese has completely melted. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Butter 1 side of each bread slice. Arrange 2 slices, butter side down, in a large heavy skillet, preferably cast-iron, off the heat. Top each slice with enough cheese sauce to cover the bread and then gently place the remaining 2 slices of bread on top, buttered-side up. (Some of the cheese sauce is probably going to squish out into the pan. That’s okay. It will crisp nicely.)
WELSH RAREBIT - HARVEST AND WILD FEASTS
Reviews 2Servings 4Cuisine WelshCategory Main Course
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, saving the beer for last. Gradually add the beer to moisten but do not make the mixture too wet.
- Toast the bread lightly on both sides, then let cool. Spread the beer-cheese mixture over one side. Grill gently until the topping is cooked through and well browned. Dig in.
CHEDDAR CHEESE CHICKEN | WESTMINSTER CHEESE
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
PROPER WELSH RAREBIT | THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
BAKED CHEDDAR RAREBIT RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
Servings 8Calories 582 per servingTotal Time 45 mins See details »
CROCK POT WELSH RAREBIT RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
See details »
TOASTED CHEESE AND BACON RAREBIT – COOKING AT JOYS
See details »
WELSH RAREBIT WITH CHEDDAR RECIPE
See details »
STOUFFERS WELSH RAREBIT RECIPES
See details »
TEA ROOM RAREBIT SAUCE RECIPES
See details »
CHEDDAR RAREBIT - RECIPES AND COOKING TIPS - BBC GOOD FOOD
See details »
WELSH RAREBIT - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
See details »
WELSH RAREBIT WITH CHICKEN RECIPE
See details »
You'll also love