SWISS CHEESE CHICKEN PUFFS
My neighborhood has a progressive dinner before Christmas each year, and every house provides a course. These delightful puffs were served one year to everyone's enjoyment. The cheesy flavor and creamy texture of the chicken salad mixture are wonderful inside the tender puffs. -Donna Kittredge, Westborough, Massachusetts
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Stir in cheese., Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Remove to wire racks. Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard the soft dough from inside the puffs. Cool puffs. , Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the first 7 filling ingredients. Spoon into puffs and, if desired, sprinkle with chives; replace tops. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 92 calories, Fat 7g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 40mg cholesterol, Sodium 124mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 5g protein.
CHICKEN SALAD IN SWISS CHEESE PUFFS
Here's a great appetizer for any fall gathering. Serve this chicken salad made using toasted almonds and mayonnaise and filled in Swiss cheese puffs.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spread almonds in ungreased shallow pan. Bake uncovered 6 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light brown. Cool. Increase oven temperature to 400°F.
- In medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Add chicken, celery, onions and toasted almonds; stir well. Cover; refrigerate until chilled.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat butter and water to boiling over medium-high heat. Add flour and 1/8 teaspoon salt. With wooden spoon, beat vigorously over low heat until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat. Add eggs, one at a time, beating vigorously with wooden spoon after each addition until mixture is smooth and glossy. Stir in cheese. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. Onto cookie sheet, drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls.
- Bake 14 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack; prick side of each puff with tip of sharp knife to release steam. Cool completely.
- Stir pimientos into chicken salad. Using sharp knife, cut off tops of puffs; spoon chicken salad onto bottoms. Replace tops.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130, Carbohydrate 5 g, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 200 mg
CHICKEN SALAD PUFFS
For a unique way to serve chicken salad, these puffs can't be beat! The tasty filling gets color and crunch from the olives and celery. Guests have told me they are delicious and satisfying. -Marlys Benning, Ackley, Iowa
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. , Drop by six rounded tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. , Remove to a wire rack. Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard soft dough from inside. Cool puffs. , For filling, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery and olives. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir into chicken mixture. Fill puffs just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 323 calories, Fat 24g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 137mg cholesterol, Sodium 338mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 17g protein.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk, butter, salt, pepper, and nutmeg over medium heat, until scalded. Add the flour all at once and beat it vigorously with a wooden spoon until the mixture comes together. Cook, stirring constantly, over low heat for 2 minutes. The flour will begin to coat the bottom of the pan. Dump the hot mixture into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Immediately add the eggs, Gruyere, and Parmesan and pulse until the eggs are incorporated and the dough is smooth and thick.
- Spoon the mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a large plain round tip. Pipe in mounds 1 1/4 inches wide and 3/4-inch high onto the baking sheets. With a wet finger, lightly press down the swirl at the top of each puff. (You can also use 2 spoons to scoop out the mixture and shape the puffs with damp fingers.) Brush the top of each puff lightly with egg wash and sprinkle with a pinch of Gruyere. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown outside but still soft inside.
CHEESE PUFFS WITH CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE - (4/5)
Provided by á-24734
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Melt butter in boiling water. Add 1/4 cup flour and a dash of salt. Stir rapidly until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms a ball that does not separate. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Add egg and beat until smooth. Stir in shredded cheese. Drop from a teaspoon onto a greased baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool and split. Fill with chicken salad. Unfilled puffs may be kept in freezer. Chicken salad: Mix chicken with celery, green onions, pimentos, wine, mayonnaise, salt and pepper, lemon juice, and sliced almonds. Fill puffs with chicken salad. Yields 10-12.
CHEESE PUFFS (GOUGERES)
Light, airy, cheese puffs are a versatile addition to a meal or appetizer plate. Tiny, they're like soup nuts. Larger, they pair well with beer or wine. Even bigger, they can be split and filled with ham, chicken, tuna salad, or even more cheese! These are easier to make than the recipe sounds, yet the result looks impressive enough that you can tell your friends you slaved over them.
Provided by Carolyn Bunkley
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Combine the flour with the salt, black pepper, thyme, chili powder, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl.
- Put the milk and butter in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. When the butter melts, turn heat to low. Add the seasoned flour all at once. Stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until the dough forms a ball. Remove from heat.
- Separate the white and yolk from one egg, reserving the yolk for glazing.
- Put the dough into a large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed for one minute. Then beat in one egg and the extra egg white. Beat until completely absorbed into the dough. Then add the remaining 4 eggs, one at a time, waiting each time until the previous egg is completely absorbed. After all 5 eggs (plus the one egg white) have been incorporated, the dough should be smooth and satiny.
- Add the Parmesan and Gruyere cheeses, and pepperoni if you are using it. Incorporate thoroughly into the dough.
- Use a pastry bag to pipe dough onto 2 ungreased baking sheets. You can also drop dough from a teaspoon. For tiny puffs, mounds should be about 1/2 inch in diameter. From small appetizers, mounds should be 1 inch in diameter. For puffs large enough for filling, mounds should be 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Keep the size of the puffs uniform so they bake properly. Space puffs about 1 inch apart.
- Beat the remaining egg yolk with 2 tablespoons of milk to make a glaze. Lightly brush the tops of the puffs with glaze before baking. Sprinkle tops with your Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 10 minutes (5 minutes for tiny puffs). Reduce heat to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Bake 10 minutes more for tiny puffs; 15 to 20 minutes longer for medium or large puffs, or until puffs are golden brown. Test by removing a puff from the oven and breaking it open. The inside should be baked through. If it is still doughy or wet, bake another 5 minutes.
- Remove pans from oven and leave puffs on pans until cool enough to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 219.3 calories, Carbohydrate 9.5 g, Cholesterol 130.8 mg, Fat 15.9 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 9.7 g, SaturatedFat 8.7 g, Sodium 326.9 mg, Sugar 1.3 g
CHEESE PUFF APPETIZERS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together cheese, butter, flour, and Worcestershire sauce. Knead the dough. Pinch the dough into small balls, flatten them in the palm of your hand, then roll each circle of dough around one stuffed olive. Arrange the wrapped olives on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes until lightly brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 195.2 calories, Carbohydrate 8.4 g, Cholesterol 40.1 mg, Fat 15.5 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, Sodium 451.9 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
CHICKEN CREAM CHEESE PUFFS
Seasoned chicken, cream cheese, and onion in a puff pastry. Simple base recipe that is easy to adjust to your liking. I usually boil chicken with a bay leaf, onion salt and garlic salt, then shred it. You may also cube it, buy pre-cooked, etc. This isn't anything fancy and may be too plain for your taste, so I really suggest having fun with it!
Provided by Emily Han
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 Puffs, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Blend all ingredients EXCEPT chicken and croutons in a mixing bowl, reserving a tablespoon of melted butter for the tops. Add warm cooked chicken. Separate crescent rolls into squares (2 pre-cut rolls make one shell), pushing together the seams. Put a tablespoon of chicken mix in the middle, bring opposite corners of the roll together, twisting the top and pinching the seams. Brush tops with warm melted butter, top with crouton mix. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes, or until the pastry is done and the tops are golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 367.9, Fat 30.3, SaturatedFat 18.4, Cholesterol 93.2, Sodium 678.7, Carbohydrate 17.6, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 0.8, Protein 7.3
HASSELBACK CHEESE PUFF FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: boneless, skinless chicken breasts, salt, pepper, buttermilk, ranch seasoning, cheese puff, oil
Provided by Betsy Carter
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Make parallel cuts in each chicken breast without slicing all of the way through. Place chicken breasts in a large bowl.
- Add buttermilk and ranch seasoning mix to the bowl and stir until chicken is well-coated. Marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours, or overnight.
- While chicken is marinating, place cheese puffs in a food processor or blender and pulse until finely ground. Pour into a large bowl.
- Using tongs or yours hands, toss each marinated chicken breast into cheese puff powder.
- Bend coated chicken breast to form a hollow circle. Use a toothpick to seal the ends together.
- Heat oil to 350°F (175°C) in a large skillet or pot.
- Carefully place each breast in the hot oil and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until internal temperature of chicken breast reaches 165°F (75°C).
- Remove the chicken breasts and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve with french fries, carrots, broccoli, and ranch dressing, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 891 calories, Carbohydrate 60 grams, Fat 45 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 57 grams, Sugar 10 grams
- Heat oven to 400°F. In 2-quart saucepan, heat water and butter to rolling boil. Stir in flour and thyme; reduce heat to low. Stir vigorously about 1 minute or until mixture forms a ball; remove from heat. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool on cookie sheet away from draft, about 30 minutes.
- Cut off top one-third of each puff and pull out any filaments of soft dough. Fill each puff with 1 rounded tablespoon chicken salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120, Carbohydrate 5 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 0 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 3 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Puff, Sodium 90 mg, Sugar 0 g, TransFat 0 g
CHICKEN SALAD PUFFS
- Heat oven to 350.
- Mix butter, cream cheese, salt, pepper, onion, celery, & milk, until smooth. Stir in chicken.
- Roll out crescent roll dough, pressing 2 triangles together to make squares. Place app. 3 tablespoons chicken mixture onto center of each square. Bring up sides, and pinch together to seal.
- Bake 15 minutes, serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 423, Fat 19.5, SaturatedFat 9.2, Cholesterol 110.8, Sodium 505.2, Carbohydrate 37.2, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 3.1, Protein 23.6
More about "cheese puffs with chicken salad recipe 45"
PUFF SALAD WITH CHICKEN, CORN, KOREAN CARROTS AND CHEESE
RECIPE FOR CHICKEN SALAD PUFFS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING ...
OVERNIGHT CHEESE PUFFS RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
CHICKEN SALAD PUFFS | RECIPE | APPETIZER SNACKS, RECIPES ...
CHEESE PUFF CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CHICKEN SALAD PUFF - RECIPES - PAGE 4 | COOKS.COM
CHEESE PUFFS WITH CHICKEN SALAD - FAITHFULNESS FARM BLOG ...
CHICKEN SALAD SWISS CHEESE PUFFS RECIPE - FOOD RECIPES
CHICKEN SALAD SWISS CHEESE PUFFS RECIPE - FOOD RECIPES
CHICKEN SALAD PUFFS RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
DELICIOUS CHICKEN SALAD IN HOMEMADE PUFFS - DIY & CRAFTS
RECIPE HACKS FOR CHEESE PUFFS : SOMMERS, LAURA: AMAZON.CA ...
CHICKEN SALAD SWISS CHEESE PUFFS RECIPE | FOOD RECIPES
CHICKEN CHEESE PUFFS WITH READYMADE PUFFS PASTRY/VARIETY ...
CHICKEN CHEESE PUFFS RECIPE | RECIPE OF CHICKEN PUFF |MY ...
CHICKEN SALAD SWISS CHEESE PUFFS RECIPE | RECIPE | CHEESE ...
CHEESE PUFFS | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
CHICKEN SALAD CREAM PUFFS | MYRECIPES RECIPE
BUFFALO CHICKEN SALAD PASTRY PUFFS - PLAIN CHICKEN
CHEESE PUFFS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHICKEN SALAD SWISS CHEESE PUFFS RECIPE | RECIPE | RECIPES ...
RECIPE OF JAMIE OLIVER GOUGERES (CHEESE PUFFS WITH HAM ...
HOLIDAY CHICKEN PUFF SALAD - EVERYDAY RECIPES
CHICKEN SALAD CREAM PUFFS - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
BITE-SIZE CHICKEN SALAD PUFFS - CLASSIC-RECIPES
BUFFALO CHICKEN SALAD PUFFS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CHICKEN SALAD SWISS CHEESE PUFFS RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
CHEESE PUFFS WITH HAM SALAD RECIPE - COOK.ME RECIPES
SUPER QUICK & EASY CHEESE PUFFS - JUST A MUM
CHEESE PUFFS WITH HAM SALAD RECIPE | RECIPE | HOMEMADE HAM ...
CHEESE PUFFS WITH HAM SALAD RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
CHEESE PUFFS WITH HAM SALAD RECIPE | RECIPE | CHEESE PUFFS ...
CHICKEN SALAD PUFFS PHOTOS RECIPE
You'll also love