GINGER SCALLION SAUCE
Ginger scallion sauce is a savory oil based sauce. Some people call ginger & green onion sauce. In Chinese, it called ( gēung yùng or jīang rōng) 薑蓉 which means grind ginger. The sauce is so versatile that it goes well with most things such as meats, rice and noodles.
Provided by Tracy O.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Put 8 slices of ginger into a chopper. Then, run the chopper until the ginger turns finely minced.
- Next, put finely minced ginger into a bowl.
- After, cut 5 sticks of green onion into small pieces.
- The following step, put the chopped green onion into the bowl and add 1 teaspoon of salt.
- After that, in a pan or pot heat up 1/2 cup of vegetable oil. Make sure the oil is hot enough before pouring over the ginger and green onion. (You can dip a wooden chopstick into the oil, if you little bubbles around the chopstick it means the oil is hot. Or, you can use a thermometer to measure the temperature around 375F- 400F.)
- Be careful when you pour the hot oil over the ginger and green onion. Then, mix it well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 119 kcal, Carbohydrate 1 g, Protein 1 g, Fat 14 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, Sodium 291 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
Scallion-ginger sauce is usually served alongside soy sauce chicken, bai qie ji (white cut chicken) and roasted meats with rice (commonly called rice boxes) in restaurants in Chinatowns around the country. There are many methods for making it, from a no-cook version (which results in a very green sauce with a sharp scallion and ginger flavor) to a browned version (which results in a beautiful flavor but less appealing color). Our combination method produces a happy medium. The hot oil brings out the vibrant green of the scallions and mellows the sharpness of the scallions and ginger.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 1/2 cup
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Stir together the ginger, scallions and 1 teaspoon salt in a heatproof medium bowl.
- Heat the oil over high heat in a small pot until it just starts to smoke or registers 375 degrees F on a digital thermometer, 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully pour the hot oil over the scallion-ginger mixture and stir to combine. Mix in the sugar and 1/2 teaspoon white pepper. Serve as a condiment for bai qie ji (white cut chicken).
EASY GINGER-SCALLION RAMEN NOODLES
- Combine scallions, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar in a bowl. Stir until combined and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and boil for 3 minutes. Turn heat off and let sit for 1 minute.
- Drain noodles and transfer to a large bowl. Add reserved sauce mixture and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 207.3 calories, Carbohydrate 26.4 g, Fat 9.4 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 4.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Sodium 292.2 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
GARLIC-GINGER-SCALLION STIR FRY SAUCE
- In a wok or sauté pan coated lightly with canola oil over medium-high heat, sauté the garlic, ginger and scallions until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Deglaze with shaoxing and reduce by 50 percent.
- Add soy sauce and chicken stock and reduce by 25 percent.
- Add sesame oil and when cooled, store in a covered glass jar up to two weeks in the fridge.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 211.1, Fat 9.9, SaturatedFat 1.8, Cholesterol 7.2, Sodium 2362.6, Carbohydrate 20.1, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 5.4, Protein 11.6
GINGER SCALLION SAUCE
- Mix together the scallions, ginger, oil, soy, vinegar, and salt in a bowl. Taste and check for salt, adding more if needed. Though it's best after 15 or 20 minutes of sitting, ginger scallion sauce is good from the minute it's stirred together up to a day or two in the fridge. Use as directed, or apply as needed.
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl; let stand 15 to 20 minutes before using. Sauce may be kept covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
QUICK OVEN ROASTED GINGER SCALLION LIME SEA BASS
A twist on an epicurious.com recipe. So quick and flavorful. Serve with jasmine rice or some type of asian green such as bok choy.
Provided by TheBostonBean
Yield 2-3 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Pre heat oven to 500°F.
- Mix first 5 ingredients and 3 tsp of oil. Season with pepper or salt if needed.
- Brush oven proof glass dish with 2 tsp oil.
- Arrange fish in dish.
- Spoon sauce over fish, leaving enough to drizzle over when serving.
- Roast fish for 12 minutes until opaque.
- Top with remaining sauce.
STEAMED WHOLE FISH WITH GINGER, SCALLIONS, AND SOY
- 1. Rinse the fish in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Season the fish inside and out with salt and pepper. Place the fish on a heatproof plate that is both large enough to accommodate it (a glass pie plate works well) and will also fit inside your steamer, bending the fish slightly if it is too long. Stuff half of the ginger inside the cavity of the fish and spread the remaining ginger on top of the fish.
- 2. Pour water into a wok or stockpot and set a steamer in the wok or on the rim of the stockpot. Make sure the water does not touch the bottom of the steamer. Bring the water to a boil over high heat.
- 3. Place the plate holding the fish in the steamer, cover, and steam for about 8 minutes, until the fish flakes easily when tested with the tip of a knife.
- 4. While the fish is steaming, in a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, wine, and 1 tablespoon of water. Set aside.
- 5. When the fish is ready, carefully remove the plate from the steamer and pour off any accumulated liquid. Lay the scallion and cilantro along the top of the fish. In a small sauté pan, heat the oil over high heat until it is hot but not smoking. Remove the oil from the heat and pour it directly over the scallion and cilantro to "cook" them. Drizzle the soy mixture over the fish and serve immediately.
In this easy chicken stir-fry, adapted from Lan Hing Riggin, a home cook from Virginia who grew up cooking with her family in Hong Kong, slivers of ginger and scallions turn golden, adding their sweetness and pungency to the oil. A dash of soy sauce provides saltiness and depth, while a full cup of cilantro leaves, used as garnish, makes the dish a bit lighter and fresher. Fire seekers can add a sliced chile or two along with the ginger.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cut the scallions in quarters lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1 1/2-inch-long pieces. You should end up with thin blades of scallions. Separate out the dark green tops from the pale green and white parts. (You don't have to be very thorough; some mixing of colors is fine.)
- Heat oil in a wok or 12-inch skillet over very high heat. When it's shimmering but not smoking, stir in chicken and salt. Cook, stirring almost constantly, until chicken is barely cooked and no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer chicken onto a serving plate, leaving the oil in the pan. Immediately scatter cilantro and scallion greens (not whites) over hot chicken.
- Return wok to medium-high heat. Make sure there are at least 2 tablespoons oil in the wok. If not, add more oil. Stir in ginger and cook until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Stir in scallion whites, soy sauce and sugar, and cook for another 30 seconds (if using a skillet, remove from heat). Immediately spoon the contents of the pan evenly over chicken and herbs. Serve right away.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 376, UnsaturatedFat 17 grams, Carbohydrate 2 grams, Fat 22 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 40 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 852 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
More about "ginger scallion soy sauce recipes"
GINGER-SCALLION SOY SAUCE RECIPE - VEGETARIAN TIMES
Cuisine AsianCategory Dressings & SaucesServings 1Calories 38 per serving
GINGER-SCALLION SAUCE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
Author Alyse WhitneyEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
EGG NOODLES WITH XO SAUCE AND GINGER SCALLION
GINGER-SCALLION CHICKEN MEATBALLS WITH SESAME-SOY GLAZE RECIPE
CHINESE GINGER SCALLION SAUCE - 5 MINUTE RECIPE (RAW AND HEATED …
ASIAN SALMON WITH GINGER SCALLION SAUCE — KRYSTA MACGRAY
SCALLION AND GINGER FISH - CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
SCALLION AND GINGER SAUCE RECIPE
ROASTED FISH WITH GINGER, SCALLIONS AND SOY RECIPE
GINGER SCALLION SAUCE RECIPE FOR THE MOMOFUKU FAVOURITE
CHINESE STEAMED FISH WITH GINGER AND SCALLION AUTHENTIC RECIPE
WARM TOFU WITH SOY SAUCE, GINGER, AND SCALLION RECIPE - LEITE'S …
CANTONESE RAW GINGER SCALLION OIL - THE WOKS OF LIFE
SEARED SALMON WITH SOY, SCALLIONS, AND GINGER | KITCHN
WHITE SAUCE CHINESE RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
GINGER-SOY SAUCE WITH SCALLIONS | COOK'S ILLUSTRATED
GINGER SCALLION FISH - SKINNYTASTE
GINGER SCALLION SOY SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
GINGER SCALLION SAUCE - MADAM NG RECIPE
GINGER SCALLION SAUCE RECIPE - WELL SEASONED STUDIO
GINGER SCALLION SOY SAUCE RECIPE RECIPE
GINGER-SCALLION SAUCE | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
SCALLION-SOY DIPPING SAUCE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
PAN SEARED FISH WITH GINGER, SCALLIONS, AND SOY
GINGER SCALLION NOODLES
HOW TO MAKE GINGER SCALLION SAUCE: 10 STEPS (WITH PICTURES)
GINGER SCALLION SAUCE
STEAMED FISH WITH GINGER AND SOY SAUCE - DELIGHTFUL PLATE
SCALLION GINGER SAUCE (薑蔥油) - WOK AND KIN
GINGER SCALLION SAUCE 薑蔥醬 | CHINESE RECIPES AT …
CRISPY SCALLION GINGER SALMON RECIPE - THE WOKS OF LIFE
SCALLION PANCAKES WITH GINGER SOY SAUCE - PEACEFUL DUMPLING
GINGER-SOY CHICKEN THIGHS WITH SCALLION RICE RECIPE
SOY GINGER SCALLION GARLIC SAUCE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
SOY GINGER SCALLION GARLIC SAUCE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
GINGER SCALLION SOY SAUCE RECIPES - FOOD NEWS
You'll also love