BEST-EVER BEER CHEESE SOUP
Provided by Amy Thielen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large stockpot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the carrots, peppers and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring, until well incorporated, about 5 minutes more.
- Add the chicken stock, beer and half-and-half and cook, whisking often, at a very slow simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the cheddar to the soup by the handful, whisking each batch until smooth. Add the Worcestershire, hot sauce, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, the nutmeg, mustard and lemon juice, and stir to combine.
- Puree the soup in batches in a blender (holding a thick towel over the lid to prevent overflow) until very smooth.
- Just before serving, reheat the soup until steaming and taste for seasoning, adding salt as necessary. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish each bowl with a swirl of mustard oil, a dollop of goat cheese and a sprinkle of thyme.
CHEESY BRAT STEW FOR THE SLOW COOKER
- Place the bratwurst, potatoes, minced onion, green beans, red pepper, Cheddar cheese, mushroom soup and water into a slow cooker. Cover, and cook on medium for 3 hours, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 603.5 calories, Carbohydrate 35.1 g, Cholesterol 102.4 mg, Fat 40.4 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 24.8 g, SaturatedFat 17.2 g, Sodium 1487 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
EASY CHEESY BEER SOUP
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender and fragrant. Sprinkle the flour over onion and garlic, and stir until blended in. Gradually whisk in the milk so that no lumps form. Continue to stir while you cook until the liquid thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low, and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the cheese, bacon and beer. Gently stir until the cheese is melted and soup is well blended.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 365.3 calories, Carbohydrate 14.8 g, Cholesterol 73.3 mg, Fat 23.8 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 18.7 g, SaturatedFat 13.1 g, Sodium 1035.5 mg, Sugar 9.8 g
CHEDDAR BEER SOUP
- Wash leeks in a bowl of cold water, agitating water, then lift out leeks and drain in a colander.
- Cook leeks, carrots, celery, garlic, and bay leaf in butter in a 4-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to moderately low and sprinkle flour over vegetables, then cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Add milk, broth, and beer in a stream, whisking, then simmer, whisking occasionally, 5 minutes. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Add cheese by handfuls, stirring constantly, and cook until cheese is melted, 3 to 4 minutes (do not boil). Discard bay leaf.
- Serve sprinkled with bacon.
CHEESY BEER BRAT SOUP
A cheesy, Wisconsin winter soup utilizing local beer. As with any recipe there are hundreds or thousands of variations on this basic recipe. We set this cheese/beer/brat soup apart from others with a couple primary distinctions. Being a beer nerd, when I add beer to a recipe I consider the style of beer seriously. To me beer is not just whatever you happen to have in the cooler/fridge etc. Here we've slected a locally available pale ale from Ale Asylum in Madison, WI. It lends some great color to the soup and the prominent hop presence in this ale adds a great flavor without being overwhelming. To replicate this recipe without Ale Asylum's Hopalicious you can substitute any quality pale ale or IPA. Ask your local specialty retailer for tips or look for anything with "pale ale" or "IPA" on the bottle. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is probably the most widely available and is a suitable substitute. If you've any other questions, feel free to ask! Secondly, the brats. Brats should be cooked ahead of time in 12 ounces of the same beer that is being used in the soup. We typically cook our brats in a pan with beer and most of a whole onion until they're just cooked through then I throw them on my Big Green Egg and, using only natural lump charcoal WITHOUT lighter fluid, brown them gently. Then slice and quarter as per the recipe. Fianlly, I can't recommend enough that fresh ingredients be used whenever possible, especially the fresh-pressed garlic and fresh ground black peppers. Cheers!
Provided by Zook and Lola
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- I know the "Recipe Desription" is long, but please read my notes on the beer and brats. It makes a tremendous difference in the finished product.
- Heat olive oil in soup pot over medium heat.
- add onion, clerey and carrots and cook about 15 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionaly.
- stir in flour and cook for a minute.
- Add potatoes, stock and beer and boil 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add mustard powder, garlic and black and cayenne peppers.
- Combine milk and worcestershire in small bowl and stir into soup.
- Remove soup from heat and add cheese, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Remove two cups of mixutre, puree in blender or food processor, and return to soup.
- Return soup to low heat and add bratwurst, cooking until heated through, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with warm, crusty bread, maybe with some softened garlic butter, and, of course, a glass of the beer you used in preparation.
- Send me a note and let me know what you thought!
CHEESY BRATWURST AND BEER SOUP
- Saute onion, celery, and carrot in olive oil in a large pot for 15 miutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the flour over the veggies and let cook for a minute.
- Add the potatoes, stock, and beer and bring to a boil.
- Cook 15 minutes or so, until potatoes become tender.
- Add the spices and seasonings, milk and Worcestershire sauce.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese until it is melted.
- Ladle out about 2 cups of the veggies from the soup and puree them, and then pour them back inches.
- Turn the heat back on to low.
- Stir in the bratwurst and allow it to warm through.
More about "cheesy beer brat soup recipes"
BRAT & BEER CHEESE SOUP - 4 SONS 'R' US
4.7/5 (13)Total Time 30 minsCategory Appetizer, Dinner, SoupCalories 537 per serving
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in the onion, carrot, and shallots. Reduce the heat to medium low and saute them until soft & tender- roughly 8-10 minutes.
- Add the broth & flour to a large mixing bowl. Whisk until combined and no lumps remain. Pour this mixture into the Dutch oven, and stir to combine with the veggies.
- Raise the heat back to medium, and let the mixture simmer (stirring often) until thickened- about 5 minutes.
BRAT SOUP | HEARTY CHEESY SAUSAGE SOUP | RADA CUTLERY
CHEESY BEER AND BACON SOUP | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
BRATS AND BEER CHEDDAR CHOWDER - MIDWEST LIVING
KETO BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP WITH BEER & BRATS - SEEKING …
CROCK-POT CHEESE, BEER & BRATWURST SOUP RECIPE
BRATWURST CHEDDAR SOUP WITH BEER - ONE ACRE VINTAGE …
BEER CHEESE BRAT SOUP RECIPE - GLUTEN FREE - A DASH OF …
BEST CHEESY BEER BRATS RECIPE-HOW TO MAKE CHEESY …
BRATWURST CHEDDAR POTATO SOUP | MCCALLUM'S …
10 BEST BRATWURST SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEER BRAT CHEESY CHOWDER - BITZ & GIGGLES
CHEESY BEER BRAT SOUP RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CHEDDAR BRAT & BEER SOUP - WHAT'S COOKIN, CHICAGO
BEER BRAT CHEESY CHOWDER | RECIPE | CHOWDER, BEER BRATS, COOKING
BRATS 'N BEER SOUP - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND …
BRATWURST IN BEER RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHEDDAR BEER BRAT SOUP | CHEDDAR BEER, RECIPES, BRATWURST RECIPES
CHEDDAR BEER BRAT SOUP - JOHNSONVILLE.COM
BEER CHEESE BRAT SOUP RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BEER AND BRAT CHEESE SOUP | ALDI US
CHEDDAR BEER BRAT SOUP: WAYS TO MAKE THIS COMFORTING WISCONSIN …
COZY EATS: BEER CHEESE AND BRATS POTATO SOUP - NASHVILLE WIFESTYLES
SUNDAY SUPPER: GRILLED BRATWURST, BEER, AND CHEDDAR SOUP
CHEDDAR BRAT & BEER SOUP | BEER SOUP, BEER CHEESE SOUPS, SOUP …
CHEESY BEER BRAT SOUP RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
CHEESY BRATWURST & BEER SOUP - THE OLD HEN
25 BEST BRATWURST RECIPES - WHOLE LOTTA YUM
CHEESY BRAT SOUP RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
GRILLED BRATWURST, BEER, AND CHEDDAR SOUP RECIPE
INSTANT POT WISCONSIN CHEDDAR BRATWURST AND BEER SOUP RECIPE
BEER CHEESE SOUP - AVERIE COOKS
PHILLY STYLE BEER BRAT SOUP - TIEFENTHALER QUALITY MEATS
CHEESY BRATWURST SOUP RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
CHEDDAR BEER BRAT SOUP | CHEDDAR BEER, RECIPES, SOUP KITCHEN
WISCONSIN BEER CHEESE SOUP - SMARTYPANTSKITCHEN
CHEESY BEER SOUP WITH CHEDDAR AND CRISPY BACON - ROSANNA ETC
BRAT, BEER, AND CHEESE SOUP | DIANA PHARAOH FRANCIS | DIANA P.
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #soups-stews #american #winter #dietary #seasonal #low-calorie #low-carb #midwestern #low-in-something
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook bratwurst with cheese and beer?Gradually stir in the cheese; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring frequently, until cheese melts, but do not boil. Stir in the bratwurst and beer. Cook, stirring frequently, until heated through. If you like, serve with rye bread. Makes 4 to 6 main-dish servings (7 cups).
How do you make a chicken soup with beer and cheese?1 In a large stockpot, melt the butter over medium heat. ... 2 Add the chicken stock, beer and half-and-half and cook, whisking often, at a very slow simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes. 3 Add the cheddar to the soup by the handful, whisking each batch until smooth. ... More items...
How to make beer-based potatoes soup?Add the potatoes, stock, and beer and bring to a boil. Cook 15 minutes or so, until potatoes become tender. Add the spices and seasonings, milk and Worcestershire sauce. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese until it is melted. Ladle out about 2 cups of the veggies from the soup and puree them, and then pour them back inches.
How long does it take to make beer soup?In a small saucepan, melt butter and add flour, cook and stir until lightly browned; about 2 minutes. Whisk butter and flour roux into soup until combined; simmer 8-10 minutes. Add heavy cream, 1 bottle of beer and cheese; cook and stir until melted.