This easy and delicious recipe for potato-and-turnip gratin is from "Martha Stewart's Cooking School: Lessons and Recipes for the Home Cook." Deliciously creamy, this gratin recipe is a must-make.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Main Dish Recipes Casserole Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Infuse liquid: Heat oven to 375 degrees, and butter a 2 1/2-quart oval gratin dish or 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Bring cream and thyme to just under a boil in a small saucepan, then remove from heat and let stand 30 minutes. Strain through a fine sieve and discard solids.
- Assemble: Arrange the vegetable slices in an overlapping fashion in the baking dish, alternating them and seasoning with salt and pepper as you go. Dot with butter, if using. Pour cream over top (it should almost cover the vegetables; add up to 1/2 cup more if necessary) and cover tightly with parchment-lined foil.
- Bake: Bake until vegetables are tender, about 45 minutes, then remove foil and bake until golden brown and bubbling, about 15 minutes more. Serve at once.
CHEESY TURNIP AND POTATO GRATIN
Replacing turnip for some of the potatoes not only reduces carbs but also adds another layer of flavor. I also chose to use half-and-half over whipping cream to lighten things up a bit.
Provided by Soup Loving Nicole
Categories Side Dish Potato Side Dish Recipes Potatoes Au Gratin Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly butter a 9-inch gratin dish.
- Using a mandoline, slice potatoes and turnip into 1/8-inch-thick slices.
- Layer 1/2 of the potatoes and turnips in the bottom of the gratin dish. Sprinkle 1/2 of the thyme leaves over the vegetables, season with salt and pepper, and top with 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- Layer remaining 1/2 of the potatoes and turnips on top of the cheese. Sprinkle remaining thyme leaves over the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper again. Pour half-and-half evenly over the top and cover with remaining 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese.
- Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Uncover and continue baking until browned and bubbly, about 10 more minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 221 calories, Carbohydrate 17.9 g, Cholesterol 37.6 mg, Fat 12.6 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 9.7 g, SaturatedFat 7.9 g, Sodium 184.3 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
CHEESY POTATO GRATIN
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a large, oven-safe high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. When the foam subsides, add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until it has the consistency of wet sand, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the milk, little by little.
- Put the saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Lower the heat and whisk in 2 cups of the Cheddar, 2 cups of the Gruyere, the garlic, pepper and salt. Whisk until the cheese is melted, then stir in the nutmeg. Add the sliced potatoes to the pan. Scatter the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and the remaining 1 cup Cheddar and 1 cup Gruyere over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, then increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees F., and bake until the potatoes are fork-tender and the top is bubbly and golden brown, about 15 minutes more. (Cover the dish with foil if the top becomes too dark before the potatoes are tender.) Scatter the chopped parsley over the top, and serve.
PARSNIP POTATO GRATIN
Parsnips don't get much space in the produce section. But their subtle sweetness makes them worth the hunt.-Kerry Dingwall, Ponte Vedra, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Layer the potatoes, onions, parsnips and 3/4 cup cheese in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the flour, salt, pepper; gradually whisk in cream. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with remaining cheese., Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender and top is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 412 calories, Fat 23g fat (14g saturated fat), Cholesterol 84mg cholesterol, Sodium 268mg sodium, Carbohydrate 42g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 11g protein.
CHEESY POTATOES GRATIN
Provided by Anne Burrell
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions, then season with salt and cook until the onions are soft and very aromatic, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk in the flour and cook until the roux is the consistency of wet sand, 3 to 4 minutes. Whisk in the milk, bring to a boil and cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Turn off the heat and whisk in the mustard and cheeses. Season with salt to taste to make sure it is delicious!
- Place a quarter of the potatoes in the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Ladle a quarter of the cheese sauce evenly over the potatoes. Repeat this process 3 or 4 more times with the remaining potatoes and sauce, pushing down the potatoes between each layer and topping with the sauce. Place the baking dish on a sheet tray lined with foil. Bake, rotating the dish halfway through, until the potatoes are soft when poked with a fork, 50 to 60 minutes. Tent with foil if the top is getting too brown.
- Let sit for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
- Hot cheesy potatoes!
POTATO AND TURNIP GRATIN
Provided by Bruce Aidells
Categories Milk/Cream Potato Side Bake Christmas Casserole/Gratin Parmesan Rosemary Turnip Sage Thyme Bon Appétit Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added
Yield Makes 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Position rack in top third of oven and preheat to 350°F. Bring first 11 ingredients to boil in large saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer until mixture is reduced to 33/4 cups, about 35 minutes. Strain cream mixture into large bowl.
- Peel potatoes; cut into 1/8-inch-thick rounds, adding immediately to cream mixture to prevent discoloration. Peel turnips; cut into 1/8-inch-thick rounds. Add to potato mixture; stir to coat.
- Pour vegetable mixture into 15x10x2-inch glass baking dish and press to even layer. Cover dish with foil. Bake 1 hour. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake until top is golden brown, potatoes are tender, and most of cream mixture is absorbed, about 25 minutes longer.
MASHED POTATO AND TURNIP GRATIN
Categories Cheese Potato Side Bake Casserole/Gratin Turnip Winter Bon Appétit Vegetarian Pescatarian Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added Kosher
Yield Makes 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Butter 11x7x2-inch glass or ceramic baking dish. Cook potatoes and turnips in heavy large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 35 minutes. Drain. Cool vegetables slightly and peel. Cut into large chunks; place in food processor. Add butter and process until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally. Add 1/4 cup cheese and pinch of ground nutmeg; blend briefly. Season puree to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon into prepared dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. (Gratin can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Bake gratin uncovered until vegetables are hot and top is golden, about 25 minutes.
This rich side dish is similar to potato dauphinoise - turnips and potatoes are layered up with double cream and garlic and baked
Provided by Tom Kerridge
Categories Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 150C/130C fan/gas 2. Thinly slice the potatoes and turnips to about 2mm thick - you can use a Japanese mandolin if you have one - then toss together in a large bowl. Pour the cream in a pan, then add the garlic, plenty of salt and some white pepper - be generous when seasoning the cream as the potatoes and turnips aren't seasoned separately. Bring the cream to the boil, then remove from the heat and put to one side. Grease a large gratin dish and layer a third of the potatoes and turnips in the dish, slightly overlapping each other as if you are building a wall. Pour over a third of the warm cream, then continue in this way with the remaining potatoes, turnips and cream.
- Put the gratin in the oven and cook for 20 mins. Remove the dish from the oven and push the potatoes and turnips down with a fish slice. This will help to release the starches and the cream will eventually reduce and thicken. Put the gratin back in the oven and repeat the process every 10 mins until the potatoes and turnips feel tight and firm. Return to the oven for another 20 mins and cook until golden brown and tender - test by inserting a sharp knife through the potatoes and turnips. Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 620 calories, Fat 56 grams fat, SaturatedFat 34 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 23 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 5 grams protein, Sodium 0.4 milligram of sodium
More about "cheesy turnip and potato gratin recipes"
POTATO AND TURNIP GRATIN RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
5/5 (1)Servings 8
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine first 6 ingredients in heavy medium saucepan. Bring to simmer. Remove from heat.
- Arrange potatoes and turnips in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish, alternating and overlapping slightly. Pour warm cream mixture over. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake until vegetables are tender and top is golden brown, about 45 minutes. Cool slightly, then serve.
CHEESY POTATO GRATIN - SERVING DUMPLINGS
POTATO AND TURNIP GRATIN - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
TURNIP AND POTATO GRATIN RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
CHEESY HAKUREI TURNIP GRATIN WITH FRESH HERBS - SOW THE TABLE
TURNIP AU GRATIN - KETO & LOW CARB VEGETARIAN RECIPES
SIMPLE TURNIP GRATIN WITH GRUYERE CHEESE - JUST A LITTLE BIT OF BACON
SCALLOPED TURNIP RUTABAGA CASSEROLE BEST RECIPES
POTATO AND TURNIP GRATIN RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
KETO CHEESY SCALLOPED “POTATOES” MADE WITH [TURNIPS]
CHEESY TURNIP RECIPES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
CHEESY POTATOES GRATIN RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
AU GRATIN TURNIPS AND POTATOES RECIPE - RECIPELAND.COM
CHEESY TURNIP AND POTATO GRATIN - FIERRA.STORE
PRETTY DARN QUICK POTATO GRATIN RECIPES
CHEESY TURNIP AND POTATO GRATIN 2022
CHEESY TURNIP AND POTATO GRATIN - POTATOES AU GRATIN RECIPES
POTATO AND TURNIP GRATIN RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
TURNIP AND SWEET POTATO GRATIN | WHOLEFULLY
JIM TYNAN’S POTATO AND TURNIP GRATIN
TURNIP-POTATO GRATIN RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
EASY CHEESY LOW-CARB TURNIPS AU GRATIN RECIPE VIDEO
POTATOES AU GRATIN RECIPE: CHEESY TURNIP AND POTATO GRATIN BY …
CHEESY TURNIP AND POTATO GRATIN RECIPE REVIEW BY ANONYMOUS – …
POTATO AND TURNIP GRATIN - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
TURNIP GRATIN RECIPES
CHEESY GRATIN POTATOES TURNIPS 2 TANGERINES
TURNIP GRATIN - THE PIONEER WOMAN
CHEESY TURNIPS RECIPES
EASY, CHEESY POTATO GRATIN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHEESY TURNIP AND SWEET POTATO GRATIN - BURPEE
CHEESY POTATO GRATIN FARMHOUSE RULES RECIPE 55
CHEESY POTATO GRATIN RECIPE - TODAY.COM
CHEDDAR POTATOES AU GRATIN RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
AU GRATIN TURNIPS - YOUR LIGHTER SIDE
CHEESY POTATO GRATIN RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
CHEESY TURNIP CASSEROLE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
TURNIP GRATIN WITH POTATOES RECIPE - RECIPELAND.COM
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love