- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Put almond paste, sugar, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until crumbly, about 3 minutes. Add egg white and vanilla. Mix until smooth and thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Drop batter by tablespoons onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spacing 2 inches apart. Place 2 almond slices on each mound of dough. Bake until cookies are golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Just before serving, lightly dust cookies with sugar.
CHEWY ALMOND MACAROONS
These cookies have an intense almond flavor, a crunchy crust with a chewy, tender inside. Coconut is nowhere to be found in this delicious little cookie.
Provided by Eats By The Beach
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat mats.
- In a large mixing bowl, crumble the almond paste. Add the sugar and salt.
- Using your hands, mix all the ingredients together until well mixed.
- Pour in the amaretto and gently work the liquid into the almond mixture until a paste forms.
- In a shallow, flat bowl, sift the powdered sugar into the bowl. Set aside.
- Use a 1-ounce cookie scoop to scoop out the dough into the powdered sugar.
- Roll each ball in the powdered sugar and place on the prepared baking sheet. Be sure to leave at least 1-inch space between the balls.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Allow the dough balls to sit on your counter for 20 minutes to dry out.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
CHEWY ALMOND COOKIES (MACAROONS)
- Process almonds in a food processor 9 minutes or until a paste forms, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Beat egg whites at medium speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Combine almond paste, sugar, cardamom and cinnamon in a bowl, mixing with hands until blended.
- Add egg whites; knead by hand until smooth and doughlike consistency.
- Wet fingers with water, and shape dough into 1-inch balls (about 1 tablespoon dough for each cookie).
- Slightly flatten with thumb.
- Place cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Top each with almond sliver pressed in lightly.
- Bake on middle rack of oven at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Remove cookies immediately to wire racks; cool.
CHEWY ALMOND MACAROON BISCUITS
Rustle up these easy almond cookies. Popular for Passover, they're dairy and gluten free. You can also add a little cinnamon to turn them into cinnamon balls, if you like
Provided by Victoria Prever
Categories Dessert, Snack
Yield Makes 20-25
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment. Put the ground almonds and sugar in a large mixing bowl and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy, then add to the almond and sugar mixture. Stir well - it will form a slightly sticky mixture but should hold its shape.
- Wet your hands lightly and roll a heaped teaspoon of the mixture into a ball between your palms - it should be about 4cm in diameter. Put on the tray and flatten slightly with wet fingers to a thick disc, leaving at least 3cm between each biscuit. Press a blanched almond into each one, if you like.
- Bake for 18-20 mins until just starting to turn golden around the edges, then remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack. You want them to have a chewy, soft centre and the darker they get the harder the middle will be.
- To make cinnamon balls, add the cinnamon to the almonds and sugar before you add the egg white. When shaping, leave them as balls. Bake for 18-20 mins - you want them to stay soft in the centre. While they are still warm, put them gently in a bowl of icing sugar and turn to coat. Leave until completely cooled.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 87 calories, Fat 5 grams fat, SaturatedFat 0.4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 8 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 0.2 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.02 milligram of sodium
CHEWY ALMOND MACAROONS
- In a food processor grind fine the whole almonds with the sugar, the almond extract, and the salt. In a bowl beat the whites until they are foamy (just before they hold soft peaks) and fold in the almond mixture gently but thoroughly. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and butter the parchment. Transfer the batter to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch plain tip, pipe 1-inch mounds onto the parchment, 2 inches apart, and sprinkle them with the sliced almonds. Bake the macaroons in the middle of a preheated 300°F. oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until they are golden around the edges, and let them cool on the parchment. Peel the macaroons from the parchment and store them in an airtight container.
ITALIAN ALMOND MACAROONS
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the almond paste, egg whites and lemon extract until smooth. Sift together the white sugar and confectioners' sugar, then combine sugars with the flour and salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the egg mixture along with the food coloring of your choice. Drop by teaspoonfuls, two inches apart, onto the prepared cookie sheets. Sprinkle some nuts on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until cookies are golden around the edges. Cool for a few minutes on baking sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Store or freeze in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 82.9 calories, Carbohydrate 12.4 g, Fat 3.2 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 1.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.3 g, Sodium 20 mg, Sugar 6.7 g
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Combine coconut, flour and salt.
- Stir in vanilla and milk.
- Drop from a tablespoon onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until golden brown.
ALMOND-COCONUT CHEWY CHOCOLATE COOKIES
Our macaroon-cookie confection joins coconut and fudgy dough in mouthwatering matrimony; roasted almonds seal the deal. The fact that these treats are also kosher and gluten-free makes them a love match for Passover--and for life.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes about 24
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, and salt.
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter with brown sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add egg and vanilla; beat on medium speed just to combine. Reduce speed to low and slowly add flour mixture, beating until combined. Fold in chocolate and almonds. Shape dough into a 1-inch-thick disk, tightly wrap in plastic, and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place coconut in a shallow dish. Scoop 2 tablespoons (about 1 ounce) dough and form into a ball; roll in coconut to coat. Repeat with remaining dough. Place balls on parchment-lined baking sheets, 1 inch apart; press each lightly to flatten. Bake until cookies are cracked but still slightly soft, 16 to 18 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes on sheets, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 5 days.
CHEWY COCONUT MACAROONS
These chewy cookies are my husband's favorite, so he requests them often. I like to make the macaroons on cold winter days and keep them in an airtight bowl on the kitchen counter. They never last long! -Peggy Key, Grant, Alabama
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 32 cookies.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a bowl, toss the coconut, flour and salt. Stir in milk and extract until blended (mixture will be thick and sticky)., Drop by level tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 300° just until golden brown, 18-22 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 83 calories, Fat 3g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 2mg cholesterol, Sodium 41mg sodium, Carbohydrate 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
Perfect as a present or simply to keep
Provided by tweety_anja
Yield Makes Cookies
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ fan 160C/ Gas 4. Put the almonds on a baking tray and bake on the top shelf of the oven for 5 minutes. Remove and leave to cool.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Whisk in the caster sugar, a little at a time, until the mix thickens.
- Reserve 30 almonds for decorating, then blitz the rest in a food processor to a medium coarse powder. Fold the almonds and rice flour into the egg whites, then fold in the almond extract. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture onto baking sheets lined with nonstick baking paper. Put an almond on each. Bake on the top shelf of the oven for 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Turn the cooled biscuits over and dip the base in melted dark chocolate and leave to set. Drizzle with melted white chocolate, then leave to set completely and pack into boxes or clear cellophane bags.
More about "chewy almond macaroon biscuits recipes"
ITALIAN ALMOND CHOCOLATE COOKIES - THERESCIPES.INFO
THE BEE HIVE: CHEWY ALMOND MACAROONS - TYPEPAD
SOLO FOODS | ALMOND MACAROONS
GREEK ALMOND COOKIES RECIPE (ERGOLAVI) - MY GREEK DISH
RECIPE: COCONUT ALMOND MACAROONS | COOKING ON THE SIDE
ALMOND COCONUT COOKIES - ONE BOWL AND GLUTEN FREE - SUGAR SALT …
THE BEST ALMOND MACAROON COOKIE RECIPE & HOW TO …
FRENCH ALMOND MACARONS FRENCH RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CHEWY ALMOND MACAROONS | SAVEUR
CHEWY COCONUT MACAROONS RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
ITALIAN AMARETTI COOKIES RECIPE (CHEWY AND EASY TO MAKE!)
ALMOND MACAROON COOKIES - FREE EASY AND TASTY RECIPES
ITALIAN ALMOND COOKIES (GLUTEN FREE BISCUITS, RICCIARELLI)
CHEWY ITALIAN ALMOND BISCUITS | WANDERCOOKS
COCONUT MACAROONS (WITH ALMONDS!) - MY BAKING ADDICTION
MOROCCAN ALMOND MACAROON – MLEWZA OR GHRIEBA D’ELLOUZ
SOFT & CHEWY ALMOND PASTE COOKIES - CINNAMON&CORIANDER
RICCIARELLI: CHEWY ITALIAN ALMOND COOKIES - PINCH ME, I'M EATING
ALMOND JOY MACAROONS - THE RECIPE CRITIC
EASY ALMOND MACAROONS RECIPE - EAZY PEAZY DESSERTS
5-INGREDIENT CHEWY COCONUT MACAROONS - ALL SHE COOKS
CHEWY ALMOND MACAROONS RECIPE - ALMOND COOKIES RECIPE
ALMOND BUTTER COCONUT MACAROONS (GF) - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
THE BEST ITALIAN ALMOND PASTE COOKIES (ALMOND MACAROONS
CHEWY ALMOND MACAROONS #CREATIVECOOKIEEXCHANGE - FOOD LUST …
CHEWY COCONUT MACAROONS – GAV'S KITCHEN – SWEET TASTY …
CHEWY ALMOND MACAROONS - BIGOVEN.COM
CHEWY ALMOND CARDAMOM MACAROONS - PINTEREST
FRENCH COUNTRY-STYLE ALMOND MACAROONS RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
10 BEST CHEWY ALMOND COOKIES RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHEWY ALMOND MACAROONS RECIPE BY ADMIN | IFOOD.TV
SOFT & CHEWY ALMOND COOKIES - MIRLANDRA'S KITCHEN
ALMOND MACAROONS RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
SOFT AND CHEWY ALMOND MACAROONS | RECIPE | MACAROONS, ALMOND …
ALMOND MACAROONS (MANDELBISKVIER) - SWEDISH FOOD RECIPES
EASY COCONUT MACAROONS RECIPE | COOKIES AND CUPS
DELICIOUSLY CHEWY ALMOND JOY COOKIES RECIPE - SCRAMBLED CHEFS
You'll also love