CHICKEN BRAISED WITH GRAPES
This chicken casserole is simple to prepare, yet stunning and a trifle unusual to serve. The addition of whole clusters of seedless grapes elevates it from easy everyday to dinner-party material. I based it on two recipes: the memory of a chicken dish that I ate many years ago in Toulouse, France, and the classic poulet au vinaigre, or chicken in vinegar sauce. A mellow, aged sherry vinegar and a high-quality balsamic complement the grapes. I prefer a 15-year-old balsamic, which replaces the smidgen of tomato that is often included in poulet au vinaigre. One final tip: Be sure the grapes you select - and they can be black or green instead of red - are sweet and have green stems, an indication of freshness.
Provided by Florence Fabricant
Categories dinner, one pot, main course
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Pat chicken parts dry. Melt butter in a 4-quart casserole. Brown chicken on both sides, a few pieces at a time, over medium-high heat, removing pieces to a platter as they finish. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, a couple of minutes until soft. Stir in sherry vinegar, chicken stock and cardamom. Return chicken to the pot and baste with stock mixture. Place grape bunches in pot, add thyme, cover and reduce heat to very low. Let cook 30 minutes. Chicken juices should run clear when thigh or leg is pierced with the tip of a knife.
- Transfer chicken to a warm serving platter and arrange grape clusters on top and around chicken. Tent with foil to keep warm. Heat pot on high, stir in balsamic vinegar and cook 2 to 3 minutes until sauce is somewhat reduced and thickened. Check seasoning. Discard thyme. Spoon sauce over chicken and grapes, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 660, UnsaturatedFat 26 grams, Carbohydrate 18 grams, Fat 42 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 51 grams, SaturatedFat 13 grams, Sodium 901 milligrams, Sugar 13 grams, TransFat 0 grams
SHEET-PAN CHICKEN WITH SHALLOTS AND GRAPES
This one-pan meal is simple enough for a weeknight, but impressive enough to serve at a dinner party. Chicken thighs are quickly marinated in garlic, olive oil and za'atar, if you'd like, while the oven comes to temperature. Then, they're roasted alongside thick wedges of shallots and sweet grapes, whose flavors are gently coaxed together and deepened by the chicken fat as they cook. Serve straight from the sheet pan, or plate on a pretty platter. Serve with a salad of chicories dressed with lemon, olive oil, anchovies and salty pecorino cheese.
Provided by Colu Henry
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, toss together the chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic and za'atar, if using. Season well with salt and pepper. Place the shallots and the grapes on the sheet pan and gently toss with the remaining olive oil and season well with salt.
- Nestle the chicken skin-side up in between the shallots and grapes and lay the thyme sprigs on top of the mixture. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the shallots and grapes at the edges of the pan begin to soften and caramelize.
- Turn the oven to broil and move the oven rack to sit right below it. Remove and discard the thyme sprigs and broil the chicken for 1 to 2 minutes until the skin of the chicken is crispy and golden. Scatter with chopped thyme and season with flaky salt.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 609, UnsaturatedFat 27 grams, Carbohydrate 22 grams, Fat 41 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 37 grams, SaturatedFat 10 grams, Sodium 783 milligrams, Sugar 12 grams, TransFat 0 grams
GARLIC CHICKEN AND GRAPES
- Combine mustard, soy sauce, honey and vinegar. Set sauce aside.
- In a 9 x 13 inch pan, combine garlic and oil. Place chicken in pan skin side down.
- If using thighs, bake covered at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 25 minutes. If using breasts, bake covered at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 10 minutes. Uncover, and turn chicken pieces over. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake until no longer pink in center, about 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle grapes over chicken, and bake 5 minutes longer. Remove from oven, and arrange chicken and grapes on platter. Pass sauce when serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 373 calories, Carbohydrate 18.1 g, Cholesterol 129.4 mg, Fat 11.1 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 48.4 g, SaturatedFat 2.3 g, Sodium 753.3 mg, Sugar 14.8 g
PAN ROASTED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH GRAPES AND OLIVES
Our chopped challenge this week was grapes. We really wanted to cook with them, but needed to figure out how to balance out their sweetness. The combo of grapes with chicken thighs and lots of salty ingredients hits the perfect salty/sweet note. Chopped Basket Ingredient: Grapes
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Sprinkle the chicken liberally with salt and pepper. Heat the canola oil in a large, ovenproof high-sided skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Sear the chicken, skin-side down, until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Then flip and brown the other side, 3 to 4 minutes. You may need to do this in two batches to avoid crowding the skillet. Transfer the browned chicken and any juices to a baking sheet or large plate.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the garlic, 1 cup of the grapes, the olives, capers, oregano, wine and 1/2 cup water. Stir to combine and cook until the liquid has reduced by half, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in the butter. Add the chicken and any juices back to the skillet, skin-side-up. Sprinkle the remaining grapes around the chicken. Continue cooking over medium heat until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Set the oven to broil with a rack set about 4 inches from the broiler.
- Place the skillet underneath the broiler to crisp the chicken skin, about 2 minutes. Watch carefully to avoid burning.
- To serve, divide the warm couscous among 4 plates and top each plate with 2 of the chicken thighs and a large spoonful of the sauce.
CHICKEN BREASTS WITH GRAPES
This is another version of Chicken Veronique. It goes especially well with curried rice as the dish is usually rather bland by itself.
Provided by threeovens
Yield 4 portions, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Trim chicken cutlets of all fat. Pound chicken on a flat surface slightly with a mallet. Cut into strips about 1/2 inch wide. There should be about 3 1/2 cups.
- Remove any stems from the grapes, rinse and drain well. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a large, heavy skillet then add chicken. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Cook over high heat, stirring, so chicken cooks evenly about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet with a slotted spoon.
- Add shallots; cook briefly. Add wine and any juices that collect around chicken. When the wine has reduced by half, add cream.
- Add grapes and continue cooking 4 to 5 minutes. The mixture should now have a sauce-like consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Return chicken to skillet and heat through.
- If serving with curried rice, mound rice in center of serving platter with chicken, grapes and sauce arranged around rice.
DIJON CHICKEN WITH GRAPES
This deliciously different entree features sweet grapes in a creamy Dijon sauce served atop golden chicken breast halves. The quick-to-fix main course comes from Margaret Wilson of Hemet, California.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm. , Add creamer to the skillet; cook over medium-low heat, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Whisk in mustard until blended. Add grapes; cook and stir until heated through. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 224 calories, Fat 7g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 63mg cholesterol, Sodium 245mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (10g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ROAST CHICKEN WITH GRAPES
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. Cook the couscous as the label directs, omitting any oil or butter. Fluff with a fork and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and keep warm. Meanwhile, put the chicken and onion on a rimmed baking sheet and toss with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, the herbes de Provence, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Arrange the chicken skin-side up and roast until the chicken begins to brown, about 15 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and scatter the grapes on top. Continue roasting until the chicken is golden brown and the grapes are soft, 15 to 20 more minutes. Divide the chicken, onion and grapes among plates and drizzle with the pan drippings. Serve with the couscous.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 685, Fat 27 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Cholesterol 103 milligrams, Sodium 821 milligrams, Carbohydrate 66 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 42 grams
BRAISED CHICKEN LEGS WITH GRAPES AND FENNEL
- Place a rack in middle of oven; preheat to 375°F. Season chicken legs all over with 3 tsp. salt.
- Swirl 1 Tbsp. oil in a large Dutch oven or other heavy pot to coat and heat over medium-high. Place 2 chicken legs, skin side down, in pot, making sure skin is in direct contact with pan. Cook, undisturbed, until dark golden, about 5 minutes. Turn over and cook until golden on other side, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a large plate. Repeat with remaining 2 chicken legs; reserve pot.
- Meanwhile, working one at a time, stand a bulb, root end down, on a cutting board and slice off a short end to create a flat surface. Turn cut side down and slice ½" thick, starting from the top end of bulb so the root end can hold the layers in place while you slice. Discard last ¼" (root end) of each bulb and pop out and discard tougher center from slices. Transfer fennel to a large bowl and add half of the grapes, ½ tsp. salt, and remaining 1 Tbsp. oil; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and combine broth, honey, chile paste, and remaining 1 tsp. salt in reserved pot. Stir to combine and dissolve salt. Place remaining grapes in pot and arrange chicken legs, skin side up and overlapping if needed, over grapes. Top with dressed fennel and grapes. (Don't worry if it looks crowded: Fennel will soften as it cooks.)
- Transfer pot, uncovered, to oven and roast until fennel is slightly softened, with some crispy, caramelized edges, grapes on top are swollen and browned in spots, and chicken is cooked through, 30-40 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon or tongs, transfer grapes and fennel to a bowl and chicken to a platter. Place pot over medium-high heat and bring braising liquid to a simmer. Cook until reduced by half (you should have about 1 cup liquid), 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar and fennel fronds.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve with fennel and grapes alongside.
More about "chicken and grapes recipes"
SWEET CHICKEN SURPRISE | CHICKEN RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER ...
Servings 2Total Time 48 minsCategory Lunch & Dinner RecipesCalories 440 per serving
- Rub the chicken all over with ½ a tablespoon of olive oil, season with sea salt and black pepper and place skin side down in the pan.
- Fry for a couple of minutes until golden, then lightly squash the unpeeled garlic cloves with the heel of your hand and add to the pan.
- Pick in the grapes.Turn the chicken skin side up, pour in the vermouth and transfer to the oven to roast for 40 minutes, or until the chicken is golden and tender, and the sauce is sticky and reduced.
SKILLET CHICKEN WITH GRAPES AND CARAMELIZED ONIONS …
4.8/5 (12)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory DinnerCalories 411 per serving
- To caramelize the onions, heat the butter over medium low heat in a heavy ovenproof skillet. Add the onions cook for 20 minutes or so, stirring occasionally. When the onions are a deep golden color, remove from the pan and set aside.
- To make the chicken, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Combine the flour, salt, chili powder, thyme, allspice, and black pepper. Dredge each piece of chicken in the flour mixture, shaking off the excess.
- In the same pan as the onions, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add each piece of chicken skin-side down and fry for a few minutes until golden brown; flip and cook for a few more minutes. Transfer to a plate (if it’s not fully cooked, that’s okay – it will finish in the oven – the idea here is just getting it browned on the outside).
- Turn the heat down and let the oil cool off a little bit. Add the wine – this will definitely bubble and sizzle! Add the broth and simmer until the mixture is thickened slightly. Add the onions and chicken to the pan (skin side up) and bake for 20 minutes.
WINE BRAISED CHICKEN | CHICKEN RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER
Servings 4Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory MainsCalories 588 per serving
- Set aside on a plate. Peel and cut the onions into wedges, chop the carrots, then peel and finely chop the garlic.
CHICKEN WITH GRAPES OR SUPREMES DE VOLAILLE VERONIQUE
Cuisine FrenchTotal Time 45 minsServings 4Calories 442 per serving
ROAST CHICKEN WITH GRAPES RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
5/5 (4)Category Dinner, Chicken, Chicken Roast, GrapeCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 30 mins
BEST CHICKEN SALAD WITH GRAPES RECIPE - ADD A PINCH
4.9/5 (98)Total Time 5 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 262 per serving
BRAISED CHICKEN WITH GRAPES | HEALTHY DELICIOUS
SEARED CHICKEN WITH SHALLOTS AND GRAPES RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
Total Time 20 minsCalories 322 per serving
- Remove from skillet. Add grapes to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until skins are slightly charred, about 3 minutes.
- Add shallots and cardamom; cook, stirring often, until shallots are translucent and grapes begin to burst, about 3 minutes.
ROASTED CHICKEN GRAPES ROSEMARY RECIPE - RELUCTANT ENTERTAINER
3.6/5 (24)Category Main CourseServings 6Total Time 40 mins
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Rinse the chicken, pat dry with paper towels, and cut in in half to ensure even cooking. Salt and pepper each piece. Tenderize if desired.
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the diced onions and shallots when oil is hot—sauté for 4-5 minutes or until ingredients are golden. Add the wine, lemon, rosemary, and grapes and cook for another 4-5 minutes on medium heat. Remove the skillet form heat and set aside.
- In a separate, large skillet, add a remaining olive oil on high heat and sear the chicken breast on each side for 2 minutes, drizzle a splash of balsamic vinegar over each side as you flip. Sear until chicken lightly caramelized—it does not have to be fully cooked. Keep juices and add to roasting pan for moisture and flavor.
- Place 1/2 of the onion and grape mixture on the bottom of a roasting pan, then place chicken on top with juices from pan. Spread remaining grapes and onions on top. Sprinkle with remaining chopped rosemary, and place the pan in the oven. Roast the chicken for 25-30 minutes.
BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH ROASTED GRAPES - RELUCTANT ...
3.7/5 (6)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Brine the chicken breasts in a bowl of warm water with 1/8 cup kosher salt. Let the breasts sit in the mixture to brine for 30 minutes. Remove the breasts from the brine, rinse, and pat down with paper towels.
- Place the chicken breasts on a foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle both sides (turning once) evenly with the melted butter or olive oil.
CHICKEN CUTLETS WITH GRAPE-SHALLOT SAUCE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
5/5 (7)Total Time 35 minsCategory Healthy Chicken RecipesCalories 333 per serving
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken in the flour (reserve excess flour). Heat 3 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken until golden on the first side, 2 to 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, turn the chicken and cook until the other side is golden, 2 to 4 minutes more. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the pan and heat over medium heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring, until just starting to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add grapes and cook, stirring occasionally, until just starting to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with 5 teaspoons of the reserved flour; stir to coat. Add wine and broth; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally and scraping up any browned bits, until the sauce is reduced and thickened, about 8 minutes. Stir in parsley.
- Return the chicken to the pan, turning to coat with sauce, and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve with the sauce.
QUICK SKILLET CHICKEN WITH GRAPES - A FAMILY FEAST®
Reviews 20Estimated Reading Time 4 minsServings 4Total Time 20 mins
- Once the pan is smoking hot, add half the chicken, laying them in the pan one at a time. Brown on one side for about a minute and with tongs, flip and brown the other side, again for about one minute. Transfer to a platter but do not not stack them or let them get too crowded in the pan or they will steam a bit and get chewy. Repeat for the second half of the chicken and set the cooked chicken aside.
PAN-ROASTED CHICKEN WITH GRAPES, GARLIC, AND ROSEMARY ...
5/5 (3)Total Time 45 minsCategory Chicken
RECIPE FOR CHICKEN SALAD WITH GRAPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.5/5 (37)Calories 217 per serving
CHICKEN WITH RED GRAPES AND MARSALA | NIGELLA'S RECIPES ...
BEST ROASTED CHICKEN AND GRAPES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ...
Reviews 67Servings 2Cuisine AmericanCategory Entree
ANTONI'S SHEET-PAN CHICKEN WITH ROSEMARY AND GRAPES RECIPE
4.4/5 (109)Category Entrées
WHAT IS A GOOD CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE - SALADPROGUIDE.COM
CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE NO GRAPES - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
17 CHICKEN SALADS WITH GRAPES | ALLRECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #very-low-carbs #fruit #poultry #greek #european #chicken #dietary #low-sodium #low-carb #low-in-something #grapes #meat
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook chicken and grapes in oven?Heat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, toss together the chicken with 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic and za’atar, if using. Season well with salt and pepper. Place the shallots and the grapes on the sheet pan and gently toss with the remaining olive oil and season well with salt.
How do you cook chicken and grapes in a crock pot?Transfer chicken to a warm serving platter and arrange grape clusters on top and around chicken. Tent with foil to keep warm. Heat pot on high, stir in balsamic vinegar and cook 2 to 3 minutes until sauce is somewhat reduced and thickened. Check seasoning. Discard thyme. Spoon sauce over chicken and grapes, and serve.
How to make chicken grapes with Mayo?Steps to Make It Gather the ingredients. Combine the diced or shredded chicken, chopped celery, and scallion slices with 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise in a large bowl. Add more mayonnaise, if necessary, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the grapes and any optional mix-ins, and toss gently to combine.
How do you cook chicken thighs in grape juice?Place grape bunches in pot, add thyme, cover and reduce heat to very low. Let cook 30 minutes. Chicken juices should run clear when thigh or leg is pierced with the tip of a knife. Transfer chicken to a warm serving platter and arrange grape clusters on top and around chicken. Tent with foil to keep warm.