ROASTED CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND POTATOES
Fresh rosemary gives plenty of flavor to both potatoes and sausage in this roasted chicken, sausage, and potatoes dish. Rosemary is a very aromatic herb, so you need to use only a little; refrigerate the rest of the bunch in a sealed plastic bag, up to one week.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Pierce sausage all over with a fork; place on a rimmed baking sheet with potatoes and rosemary. Drizzle all with oil; season generously with salt and pepper. Toss to coat, and spread in an even layer.
- Roast, tossing occasionally, until sausage is browned and potatoes are tender, 30 to 35 minutes. If desired, halve sausages crosswise before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 491 g, Fat 24 g, Protein 36 g
CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE STEW
I enjoy cooking for family and friends, but I don't want to break the bank. That's why I frequently rely on delicious one-pot meals like this.-Ernest Foster, Climax, New York
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place the chicken and water in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Skim fat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 30-45 minutes or until chicken is tender. Meanwhile, puncture skins of sausages; place in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain. In a large skillet, brown sausages on all sides. Cool and cut into bite-sized pieces; set aside. , In small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside. In the drippings, saute garlic until tender., Remove chicken from Dutch oven; cool. Drain broth; skim fat. Reserve 5 cups broth. Remove chicken from bones; cut into bite-sized pieces. , Pour reserved chicken broth into the Dutch oven. Add the chicken, sausage, bacon, garlic, parsley and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, macaroni, salt and pepper; simmer 10 minutes longer or until heated through. If desired, sprinkle with additional parsley.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 531 calories, Fat 33g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 118mg cholesterol, Sodium 912mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 36g protein.
HEARTY ROASTED CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE
Classic sausage and peppers get even better when you add bone-in chicken to the mix. This dish is easy to make, and it's versatile enough for family dinners, buffets or tailgating.
Provided by Campbell's Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place the chicken into a roasting pan. Add the onions, peppers, potatoes and sausage. Sprinkle with the Italian seasoning. Pour the broth over all.
- Roast at 375 degrees F for 1 hour or until the chicken and sausage are cooked through, turning the chicken over once halfway through the roasting time and basting occasionally with the pan juices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 678.2 calories, Carbohydrate 25.7 g, Cholesterol 185.4 mg, Fat 37.8 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 56.1 g, SaturatedFat 12 g, Sodium 1203.4 mg, Sugar 4.3 g
CHICKEN, SAUSAGE, PEPPERS, AND POTATOES
You'll need a large, heavy-duty roasting pan (or a couple of smaller ones) and a very hot oven for this delicious dish. The long oven time makes everything beautifully caramelized and the chicken fork tender.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook sausage links until browned and oil begins to render, about 3 minutes per side. While sausages are cooking, pierce them lightly here and there with the tip of a sharp knife so some fats and juices are released. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- When sausages are cool enough to handle, cut them into serving pieces, about 2-inch slices. Transfer back to pan along with any accumulated juices from the cutting board.
- Cut two slashes down to the bone on the skin side of each chicken thigh.
- Depending on the size of the peppers, halve or quarter them and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the sliced red and yellow onions and potato chunks. Add chicken thighs and sausage pieces with pan juices.
- Season with kosher salt, black pepper, and Italian herbs. Drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Mix with your hands until all ingredients are coated in oil, 3 or 4 minutes. Transfer to large, heavy-duty roasting pan. Evenly space the chicken thighs skin side up. Position potatoes near the top.
- Place in preheated oven until chicken is cooked through and everything is caramelized, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Sprinkle with chopped fresh Italian parsley, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 664 calories, Carbohydrate 28.2 g, Cholesterol 153 mg, Fat 45.8 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 33.8 g, SaturatedFat 14.1 g, Sodium 1288 mg, Sugar 2.8 g
OVEN CHICKEN STEW
I grew up with this entree. It couldn't be easier to prepare, and it turns out delicious every time. -Phyllis Sheeley, Altona, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place the chicken, broth and water in a Dutch oven or 3-qt. baking dish. Top with carrots, onions and celery; sprinkle with salt, pepper and basil., Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280 calories, Fat 14g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 88mg cholesterol, Sodium 1037mg sodium, Carbohydrate 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 29g protein.
ONE-POT CHICKEN WITH SAUSAGE AND POTATOES
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat oil over medium-high. Add sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until brown all over, about 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer sausage to a dish. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper and add to pan, meaty side down. Cook until golden brown on both sides, 10 minutes, flipping once. Transfer chicken to dish with sausage.
- Add onion, potatoes, and celery to pot and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until onion is soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Return sausage and chicken, meaty side up, to pot and add 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Remove lid and increase heat to high; boil until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup, 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to a platter. Add vinegar and oregano to vegetables and sausage and stir to combine. With slotted spoon, transfer vegetables and sausage to platter with chicken and top with celery leaves. Transfer sauce to a gravy boat and serve alongside chicken.
SAUSAGE STEW WITH POTATOES
- Lightly grease or spray slow cooker; place potatoes in bottom of pot. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add sausage links and brown. Slice links into 1-inch pieces and transfer to slow cooker. Add garlic and onion. In a separate bowl, combine tomatoes, chicken broth, tomato paste, oregano, salt, and pepper; stir to blend. Pour mixture over the sausages in crockpot. Cover and cook on LOW setting 8 to 10 hours, until potatoes are tender. Add bell pepper about 1 hour before serving.
- Serve as is, with crusty bread, or with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 406.5, Fat 23.8, SaturatedFat 7.7, Cholesterol 43.1, Sodium 1762.3, Carbohydrate 29.7, Fiber 4.7, Sugar 9.8, Protein 20
SAUSAGE AND CHICKEN STEW
Delicious. The original recipe I believe came from Bon Appetit April 1991 but was given to me by a close friend. I played around with it today and came up with this and it turned out very well, we think. It makes a very thick and rich stew/gumbo combination. Very cheesy.
Provided by Nimz_
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Heat a large stock pot over medium to medium high heat.
- Cook sausage until nice and brown, about 20 minutes.
- Remove sausage and set aside.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons fat from pan.
- Sauté onions until tender.
- Add bell peppers and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add wine, turn up heat and boil for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add potatoes, tomatoes, broth, tomato paste, water, oregano, basil and marjoram and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Add sausage and chicken and green beans (if using) and simmer uncover for about 20-30 minutes.
- Add cheeses and serve over rice if desired.
More about "chicken and sausage stew with oven roasted potatoes recipes"
OVEN ROASTED CHICKEN, SAUSAGE AND POTATOES - OLIVIA'S …
4.4/5 (10)Total Time 13 hrs 40 minsCategory Main CoursesCalories 870 per serving
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook the bacon until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Add the butter and cook until melted. Then, add the white wine and cook, scraping the browned bits from the bottom, until the wine is reduced by half. Reserve this mixture.
CHICKEN SAUSAGE STEW WITH POTATOES - AL FRESCO
ONE PAN ROASTED CHICKEN WITH SAUSAGE AND POTATOES
CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE STEW - I HEART RECIPES
OVEN ROASTED SMOKED SAUSAGE AND POTATOES - RECIPE DIARIES
SKILLET EGGS AND CHICKEN SAUSAGE WITH POTATOES | CHICKEN.CA
CHICKEN SAUSAGE STEW WITH POTATOES | EASY MEALS, FOOD …
CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE STEW WITH OVEN ROASTED POTATOES RECIPE ...
POTATOES WITH SAUSAGE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
CHEESY POTATO CHICKEN SAUSAGE CASSEROLE - THE ALMOND EATER
CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE STEW RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE STEW RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
CHICKEN AND SMOKED SAUSAGE STEW RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
RECIPE: 30-MINUTE SHEET PAN POTATOES AND CHICKEN SAUSAGE
WEEKNIGHT CHICKEN SAUSAGE STEW - FAMILYSTYLE FOOD
ROASTED CHICKEN SAUSAGE, PEPPERS AND POTATOES
CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE STEW WITH OVEN ROASTED POTATOES RECIPE
CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE STEW WITH OVEN ROASTED POTATOES
OVEN ROASTED POTATOES & SAUSAGE SHEET PAN DINNER
BEST ROASTED CHICKEN SAUSAGE & POTATO HASH RECIPE
ROASTED POTATO AND SAUSAGE DINNER RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
ROASTED CHICKEN SAUSAGE WITH POTATOES AND APPLES RECIPE ...
ROASTED CHICKEN AND SWEET POTATOES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
ROASTED SAUSAGE AND POTATOES - SPEND WITH PENNIES
ONE PAN ROASTED POTATOES, SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS - SKINNYTASTE
APPLEWOOD SMOKED SAUSAGE STEW WITH ROASTED POTATOES
CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE STEW - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CHICKEN STEW WITH POTATOES AND VEGETABLES RECIPES
OVEN-ROASTED SAUSAGE AND POTATOES - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE RECIPE STEW - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE STEW WITH OVEN ROASTED POTATOES RECIPE ...
OVEN ROASTED SMOKED SAUSAGE AND POTATOES - MUST-OR …
ROASTED CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND POTATOES TRAY BAKE - COOKING
SAUSAGE STEW WITH POTATOES : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE STEW WITH OVEN ROASTED POTATOES FOOD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook potatoes and sausage roast in oven?Instructions Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place potatoes slices on a baking sheet, spreading out as much as possible. Combine melted butter, olive oil, garlic powder, and paprika in a small bowl. Place in oven for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. On a second baking pan, combine sausage slices, onion, and peppers.
How to cook chicken and sausage in the oven?Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange chicken, sausage, potatoes and onion in a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl or jar. Pour marinade over chicken and gently toss to coat. Bake one hour or until chicken reaches 165 degrees internally and potatoes are tender.
What is roasted chicken sausage and potatoes tray bake?Roasted Chicken Sausage and Potatoes Tray Bake is a delicious & easy weeknight dinner. Chicken sausage roasts to perfection with onions, peppers and potatoes and a hint of spice for a sheet pan dinner that your friends and family will love. 1 1/2 - 2 pounds of baby yukon gold potatoes, quartered or halved.
How long do you cook chicken thighs with sausage and potatoes?This One Pan Roasted Chicken with Sausage and Potatoes is in the pan and in the oven in 10 minutes! We use chicken thighs and drumsticks alongside sausage, potatoes and onions tossed together in an easy and big flavored marinade. This is it guys… your new ‘feed the family before they eat all the Cheetos’ dinner.