BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN ROULADE
In an an attempt to make something I saw on Anthony Bourdain's show. I went totally off track and ended up with this incredible dish. The chicken is juicy and tender, the filling is full of flavor adds a great texture to the dish. The pepper bacon adds a great level of flavor. This dish may take a little bit of time and work, but it will be worth it anf your family will sing your praises.
Provided by ROV Chef
Categories Very Low Carbs
Yield 4 pieces, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Pre-Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Dice 4 strips of bacon into small pieces and brown over medium heat in a large sauté pan.
- Once bacon pieces are browned and crisp, strain and reserve grease and add bacon bits to the work bowl of a food processor.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of bacon grease back to the sauté pan and sauté 1/3 of the mushrooms with a pinch of salt until they are browned and reduced in size by about half.
- Add the mushrooms to the food processor and repeat cooking the next third of the mushrooms same as before. Repeat until all the mushrooms are cooked and in the food processor.
- Add the croutons, egg, grated cheese, and the 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper to the food processor. Process until the mixture forms a smooth paste.
- Butterfly the chicken breast and lay them open on the cutting board.
- Add 1/4 of the mushroom mixture to each chicken breast.
- Roll the chicken breat around the filling and then wrap each roll with bacon.
- Secure the bacon strips with toothpicks or tuck the ends under other wraps to hold in place. You want the end product to be a tight, firm roll that will be easy to pick up with tongs.
- Brown the rolls, two at a time in the large sauté pan until the are evenly browned on all sides.
- Put the chicken roulades on a parchment lined sheet pan and bake in the oven until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 170°F Should take about 15 minutes.
CHICKEN BACON ROULADES
Make and share this Chicken Bacon Roulades recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Court13
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- cook bacon until lightly brown but still flexible (not crisp). remove from pan and let dry.
- Cook the shallots in the remaining bacon fat over low heat, stirring, until softened. Transfer shallots with a slotted spoon to a small bowl and leave any fat remaining in skillet. Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. With smooth side of a meat pounder pound each breast to 1/8-inch thickness. Discard plastic from boned side of each breast. Sprinkle chicken with lemon pepper (or ground black pepper and a little lemon zest) and salt. Place 2 1/2 slices of bacon lengthwise (parallel with grain of flesh) along middle of each breast. Top with shallots and Parmesan. Using plastic wrap to help you, tightly roll up each breast lengthwise, tucking in the ends to enclose the filling. Secure seams with wooden toothpicks.
- Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to reserved fat in skillet and heat over medium high heat. Brown roulades on all sides, about 5 minutes total. Transfer the skillet to middle of oven and bake roulades until just cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a plate with tongs and keep warm, covered with aluminum foil. Pour off fat from skillet. (Careful! The handle is hot, use an oven mitt.) Add wine to the skillet and deglaze over medium high heat, scraping up brown bits. Boil wine until reduced to about 1 tablespoon. Add garlic and butter. Cook mixture over medium low heat, stirring, for 1 minute. Add flour and cook roux, stirring, 1 minute. Add broth and cream and bring to a boil, whisking. Simmer the sauce, whisking, 2 minutes. Pour through a fine mesh sieve into a small saucepan. Keep sauce warm. Remove the wooden toothpicks from roulades and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices. Spoon some sauce in center of each of 4 plates and arrange roulade slices decoratively on sauce.
CHICKEN BACON ROULADES
- Thinly slice shallots. In a 12-inch ovenproof heavy skillet cook bacon in batches over moderate heat, turning it, until golden but still flexible (not crisp) and drain on paper towels. In fat remaining in skillet cook shallots over moderately low heat, stirring, until softened. Transfer shallots with a slotted spoon to a small bowl and leave any fat remaining in skillet. Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Put each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and with smooth side of a meat pounder pound each breast to 1/8-inch thickness. Discard plastic from boned side of each breast and season chicken with lemon pepper and salt. Arrange 2 1/2 bacon slices lengthwise (parallel with grain of flesh) along middle of each breast and top with shallots and Parmesan. Using plastic wrap as an aid, tightly roll up each breast lengthwise, tucking in ends to enclose filling, and secure seams with wooden picks.
- Add oil to reserved fat in skillet and heat over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Brown roulades all over, turning them, about 5 minutes total. Transfer skillet to middle of oven and bake roulades until just cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.
- While roulades are baking, mince garlic. Transfer chicken to a plate with tongs and keep warm, covered. Pour off fat from skillet. Add wine to skillet and deglaze over moderately high heat, scraping up brown bits. Boil wine until reduced to about 1 tablespoon and add garlic and butter. Cook mixture over moderately low heat, stirring, until fragrant. Add flour and cook roux, stirring, 1 minute. Add broth and cream and bring to a boil, whisking. Simmer sauce, whisking, 2 minutes and pour through a fine sieve into a small saucepan. Keep sauce warm. Carefully discard wooden picks from roulades and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices. Spoon some sauce in center of each of 4 plates and arrange roulade slices decoratively on sauce.
Provided by Rachael Ray : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the bacon in a single layer on a slotted pan set over a baking sheet and cook three-quarters of the way through. Remove and set aside. When cool enough to handle, roughly chop the bacon.
- Sprinkle the pounded out chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper, and spread on one side with the mustard. Place some chopped bacon, pickles, parsley and egg on top of each breast, roll tightly, and then tie in a couple places with butcher's twine to secure.
- Place a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Add the rouladen to the pan and brown on all sides. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast until the rouladen reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a plate or platter and cover loosely with foil.
- Place the skillet back on the stove over medium heat and add the butter, garlic, shallot and tomato paste; cook for a minute or two. Add the wine, stock and some more parsley and bring to a boil. Season to taste. Pour the sauce over the chicken to serve.
CHICKEN BACON ROULADES
Chicken Bacon Roulades-chicken breasts, pounded thin, stuffed with bacon, shallots, and Parmesan, rolled up, browned, roasted, then served sliced, with a creamy white sauce.
Provided by Elise Bauer
Categories Dinner Bacon Chicken Chicken Breast Chicken Roulade Roulade
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Cook the bacon: Working in batches, cook the bacon over medium heat in an ovenproof thick-bottomed skillet, until lightly browned but not crisp (still flexible). Remove cooked bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Cook the shallots: Lower the heat to low and add the shallots to the pan with the rendered bacon fat. Cook over low heat until softened. Use a slotted spoon to remove cooked shallots to a bowl, leaving remaining fat in the pan.
- Tent with foil to keep warm: When the chicken roulades are cooked through, remove them from the oven to a plate, tent with aluminum foil to keep warm. Note that the skillet is very hot! Keep a pot holder draped over the handle once it's back on the stove. (At this point, whenever I take a handled pot out of a hot oven, I cool down the handles with ice cubes so that someone doesn't inadvertently try to pick up the pan with their unprotected hands.)
Nutrition Facts : Calories 783 kcal, Carbohydrate 15 g, Cholesterol 241 mg, Fiber 2 g, Protein 77 g, SaturatedFat 17 g, Sodium 1629 mg, Sugar 5 g, Fat 43 g, ServingSize Serves 4, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
More about "chicken bacon roulades recipes"
CHICKEN BACON ROULADES - EVERY-RECIPE.BLOGSPOT.COM
CHICKEN BACON ROULADES RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
SLOW POACHED CHICKEN BREAST, BACON-CHICKEN THIGH ROULADE, …
TASTY FOODS: CHICKEN BACON ROULADES RECIPE
CHICKEN ROULADE WITH BACON, SPINACH & MOZZARELLA - ATBP
BACON ROULADE - 4 RECIPES | TASTYCRAZE.COM
CHICKEN ROULADE WITH BACON - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
CHICKEN BACON ROULADES RECIPE | SAY MMM
CHICKEN BACON ROULADES RECIPE : EPISODE +17 RECIPE VIDEOS
BACON CHICKEN ROULADE RECIPE ~ MACHEESMO
BACON-WRAPPED CHICKEN ROULADE | SYSCO FOODIE
CHICKEN BACON ROULADES - PLAIN.RECIPES
ROAST PORK ROULADES WITH BACON RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
10 BEST CHICKEN ROULADE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHICKEN BACON ROULADES | TASTY YUMMY RECIPE COLLECTIONS
CHICKEN BACON ROULADES - BIGOVEN
CHICKEN ROULADE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CHICKEN BACON ROULADE RECIPE - YUMMY TUMMY
CHICKEN ROULADE RECIPE - MON PETIT FOUR®
CHICKEN, BACON & FETA ROULADE - THE CREATIVE BITE
BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN ROULADES - MEAL PLANNING MOMMIES
BACON MUSHROOM CHICKEN ROULADE - MY FOOD STORY
BACON-WRAPPED GOAT CHEESE CHICKEN ROULADE | 12 TOMATOES
CHICKEN ROULADE RECIPE BACON - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN ROULADE RECIPE - CREAM RICE RECIPE
CHICKEN BACON ROULADES - LUNCH RECIPES
CHICKEN BACON ROULADES | RECIPE | RECIPES, CHICKEN BACON, …
CHICKEN & BACON ROULADES | NOURISHING JOY
CHICKEN BACON ROULADES RECIPE - TRADITIONAL RECIPES - 2022
CHICKEN BACON ROULADES RECIPE - PIONEERWOMANCOOKIE
CHICKEN BACON ROULADES - MY-RECIPEBOOK.COM
CHICKEN BACON ROULADES | RECIPES,CAKE,CHICKEN,BLEEF,PASTA,CHOCOLATE
BACON AND ARUGULA STUFFED CHICKEN ROULADES - COOKSTR.COM
CHICKEN ROULADE STUFFED WITH SMOKED BACON, SPINACH & GOUDA
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #very-low-carbs #main-dish #poultry #chicken #dietary #low-carb #low-in-something #meat #chicken-breasts
You'll also love