CHICKEN, LEEK AND HAM PIE
succulent chicken leek and ham pie bursting with flavour
Provided by BROCKLETANK
Yield Serves 2
Number Of Ingredients 0
- heat oven to (200°C/180°C fan/gas 6) chop and wash leeks into discs and fry in butter for 5-10mins or until soft while leeks are frying chop up ham and chicken into chunks about 1cm by 1cm
- add chunks of chicken and ham to the pan along with the stock (200ml of stock or 200ml of hotwater and a stock cube) season to taste with salt and pepper
- pour the mixture into a oven proof dish and place rolled out pastry on the top, fold pastry over edges to seal and poke small holes in the middle for hot air to escape
- crack egg and whisk, gently brush over the pastry put in oven for 15-20 mins or until golden brown take out and enjoy or cool and reheat (for reheating microwave for about 3-4 mins and then put in the oven to crisp up the pastry for about 2-3 mins)
HAM AND LEEK PIES
I've been making these pies for years, so lots of friends and family now have the recipe. If you can't find leeks, a sweet or mild onion works just as well. -Bonny Tillman, Acworth, Georgia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add leeks, mushrooms and carrots; cook and stir until tender., Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk and broth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir or until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in ham, parsley, nutmeg and pepper., On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry; roll to 1/4-in. thickness. Using a 10-oz. ramekin as a template, cut out 4 tops for pies. Fill 4 greased 10-oz. ramekins with leek mixture; top with pastry. Cut slits in pastry. Brush tops with egg., Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Fat 37 g fat (15 g saturated fat), Cholesterol 123 mg cholesterol, Sodium 1,461 mg sodium, Carbohydrate 72 g carbohydrate, Fiber 9 g fiber, Protein 25 g protein.
CHICKEN, HAM AND LEEK PIE
This is adapted from a recipe I found on a website called Irish Abroad. Posted for ZWT 8 Great Britain/Ireland
Provided by AlaskaPam
Categories Savory Pies
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- 1. Take the chicken off the bone in large pieces. In a deep dish pie plate,
- make alternate layers of chicken, ham and leeks.
- 2. In a saucepan over medium heat melt the butter and add the onions. Saute
- until the onions are soft. Stir in the flour and mustard and cook for a few
- minutes. Slowy add the chicken broth and cream, stirring until it is thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken, ham and leeks in the pie pan.
- 3. Roll out the pie crust until it is slightly larger than the pie plate.
- Dampen the edges of the pie plate and cover with the pie crust. Crimp the edges
- and cut holes for steam.
- 4. Bake in a preheated 350 F oven until the crust is lighty browned, about 25 to
- 30 minutes.
CHICKEN, HAM, LEEK & ROAST POTATO PIE
This bake is a great way to use up leftover roast potatoes or gammon and can be made-ahead and frozen for convenience
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Main course
Yield Serves 4 with leftovers
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan and brown the chicken for about 5 mins. Tip into a 22 x 28cm ovenproof pie dish, then evenly scatter over the ham and roast potatoes. Heat the remaining oil and soften the leeks for about 5 mins, then stir in the flour for 1 min.
- Pour in the wine and stock. Bring to the boil and, stirring continuously, boil rapidly to reduce to a thick sauce. Take off the heat, then stir in the crème fraîche and seasoning. Pour over the pie filling and leave to cool.
- Unroll the pastry and cut off a small strip to make decorations (if you like). Roll the remainder to fit the dish and place on top of the pie. Use a fork to crimp the edges and press the pastry to the edge of the dish. Make a small hole in the centre, then cover well with cling film. Freeze for up to 3 months. For best results, defrost at room temperature for 8 hrs.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Brush pie with egg to glaze (making sure the steam hole hasn't sealed up). Cook for 30-40 mins, until golden and hot through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 956 calories, Fat 50 grams fat, SaturatedFat 19 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 82 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 46 grams protein, Sodium 2.31 milligram of sodium
More about "chicken ham and leek pie recipes"
CHICKEN, HAM & LEEK PIE - BEST RECIPES UK
Cuisine BritishCategory Comfort Food, Mid Week Meals, Pie TimeServings 6Total Time 1 hr 15 mins
- Place the chicken stock into a lidded saucepan, add the chicken breasts and bring to a low simmer. Cover with the lid and simmer for 10 minutes, remove the chicken and place on a plate. Pour the stock into a jug and set aside.
- Melt 25g of the butter in a large saucepan over a low heat, add the leeks and fry gently for two minutes, stir occasionally until softened. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute and then add the remaining butter and stir in the flour as soon as the butter has melted. Cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Gradually pour the milk into the pan, just a little at a time, stirring well between each pour. Slowly add 250ml of the reserved stock and the wine, stirring until the sauce is smooth and thickened slightly. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 3 minutes.
- Season the mixture, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Remove from the heat and stir in the cream. Pour into a large bowl and cover the surface of the sauce with cling film to prevent a skin forming. Set aside to cool.
CHICKEN, HAM AND LEEK PIE RECIPE - TOM KERRIDGE
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
CHICKEN HAM AND LEEK PIE - SIMPLE HOME COOKED RECIPES
Cuisine BritishTotal Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 1041 per serving
CREAMY CHICKEN HAM & LEEK PIE - BIGOVEN.COM
PROPER CHICKEN PIE | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
CHICKEN, LEEK AND BACON PIE RECIPE - KEEF COOKS
HAM AND LEEK PIE RECIPE | SAINSBURY`S MAGAZINE
CHICKEN BACON AND LEEK COTTAGE PIE - PINCH OF NOM
CREAMY CHICKEN, LEEK AND HAM PIE | HAD WE BUT WORLD ENOUGH AND …
HAIRY BIKERS' CREAMY CHICKEN, HAM AND LEEK PIE - GOLD FM
ROAST CHICKEN, HAM AND LEEK PIE RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
CHICKEN HAM AND LEEK PIE - USE UP YOUR …
CHICKEN PIE - THE HAPPY FOODIE
CHICKEN, HAM AND MUSTARD LATTICE PIE - DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
POTATO AND LEEK SOUP RECIPE
CHICKEN, HAM AND LEEK MEAL PREP PIES – BEAT THE BUDGET
JAMIE OLIVER'S CHICKEN, HAM AND LEEK PIE - RECIPES - MASTERCOOK
CHICKEN, HAM AND LEEK PIE - PINCH OF NOM
CHICKEN, LEEK AND HAM PIE • LOU'S KITCHEN CORNER
A SAVOURY CHICKEN, LEEK AND HAM PIE - PERFECTLY PROVENCE
LORD’S RECIPE: CHICKEN, HAM AND LEEK PIE
CHICKEN AND HAM PIE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
CHICKEN, HAM AND LEEK PIE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HAIRY BIKERS' CREAMY CHICKEN, HAM AND LEEK PIE | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR ...
EASY CHICKEN POT PIE - ERREN'S KITCHEN
CHICKEN, LEEK, HAM & SPINACH EASTER PIE @ NOT QUITE NIGELLA
CHICKEN, HAM AND LEEK PIE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
CHICKEN & LEEK PIE - CHEZ LE RêVE FRANçAIS
CREAMY CHICKEN, HAM AND LEEK PIE - PLAIN.RECIPES
RECIPE OF ANY-NIGHT-OF-THE-WEEK CREAMY CHICKEN, HAM AND LEEK PIE
LEFTOVER CHICKEN AND HAM PIE WITH MUSHROOMS - FOODLE CLUB
CHICKEN & LEEK MASH-TOPPED PIE - WAITROSE
EASY CHICKEN AND HAM PIE - MRS JONES'S KITCHEN
RECIPE: DELICIOUS CHICKEN, HAM AND LEEK PIE | DELICIOUS RECIPES
CHICKEN, HAM AND LEEK PIE - EASYTOTS
CREAMY CHICKEN, HAM AND LEEK PIE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
CHICKEN, HAM AND LEEK PIE | OFFICIAL WEBER® WEBSITE
You'll also love