PHILLY-STYLE CHICKEN CHEESE STEAK
I was surprised not to find a recipe on Allrecipes for a Philly-style Chicken Cheese Steak so I decided to create and publish one. Depending on who you ask, this sandwich may or may not be authentic Philly style, but it is fantastic. Getting a good, fresh hoagie roll is key to this sandwich being perfect.
Recipe From allrecipes.com
Provided by Scott K
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy plastic on a work surface. Firmly pound chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a 1/2-inch thickness.
- Cook chicken breasts on preheated grill until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 2 to 3 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Shred chicken; season with seasoned salt.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms; cook and stir until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in chicken; cook until heated through.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler, or preheat a toaster oven.
- Spread chicken mixture on the bottom half of each hoagie roll. Lay 2 pieces of provolone cheese side-by-side over chicken mixture.
- Place hoagie rolls under broiler or in toaster oven and cook until provolone cheese is melted and bread is crunchy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spread 1 teaspoon mayonnaise on top half of each hoagie roll. Top each half with 2 tomato slices and 1/2 of the lettuce. Fold halves together and roll each hoagie tightly in foil, using a knife to push any filling back inside. Set aside for flavors to blend, 1 to 2 minutes.
CHICKEN CHEESESTEAKS WITH PEPPERS
- Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. On a rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, toss chicken with 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Broil, without turning, until chicken is opaque throughout, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board (reserve baking sheet); let cool, and thinly slice. Set chicken aside.
- On baking sheet, toss together peppers, onion, garlic, and remaining tablespoon oil. Broil, tossing occasionally, until crisp-tender and slightly charred, 8 to 10 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Add chicken to broiled vegetables; toss, and spread in a single layer.
- Top chicken and vegetables with cheese; broil until cheese is bubbling, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Scoop out most of the doughy center from both halves of rolls; discard. Spread rolls with mayonnaise; fill with chicken and vegetables. Serve immediately.
SPICY CHICKEN HOAGIES
Make and share this Spicy Chicken Hoagies recipe from Food.com.
Recipe From food.com
Provided by ratherbeswimmin
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Generously rub the jerk seasoning over the chicken thighs.
- Put the bell pepper and onion in the bottom of a 4-5 quart slow cooker.
- Place the chicken thighs over the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, mix the broth and ketchup together; pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Take chicken out of slow cooker; shred using two forks.
- Replace chicken into slow cooker and mix well.
- Season to taste with hot sauce and salt/pepper.
- With a slotted spoon, spoon chicken mixture into hoagie buns.
- Use extra sauce for dipping.
BARBECUED CHICKEN HOAGIES
"The day after we held a barbecue, I put leftover cheese spread, chicken and hoagie rolls together," says Erin Renouf Mylroie from St. George, Utah. "We were astounded at the smell, texture and flavor of these now-favorite sandwiches."
Recipe From tasteofhome.com
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; spread over buns. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted., Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine chicken and barbecue sauce. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Spread chicken mixture over bun bottoms; replace tops.
BUFFALO CHICKEN HOAGIE
Recipe From foodnetwork.com
Provided by Katie Lee Biegel
Yield 10 to 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Put the hot sauce and butter in a small skillet and heat until melted and combined. Let cool slightly, then pour over the shredded chicken in a medium bowl and toss to coat completely.
- To assemble the sandwich, spread the chicken in an even layer on the bottom half of the bread. Top with the sliced celery and an ample amount of shredded lettuce. Spread the Blue Cheese Ranch on the top half of the bread and close the sandwich, using toothpicks to secure it. Cut into pieces and serve.
- Stir together the blue cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, chives, vinegar, onion powder and garlic powder in a medium bowl until well incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
People also searched
More recipes about "chicken hoagie recipe"
BUFFALO CHICKEN HOAGIES | COOK SMARTS
2018-08-25 · Enjoy the spice of buffalo chicken on a hoagie sandwich with a cool romaine salad and ranch on the side. Smarts: Tossing the chicken with cornstarch helps the sauce thicken and coat the chicken. Save recipe . 82. Ingredients. Servings: 4. Metric. Buffalo Chicken Hoagies…
- Heat a skillet with cooking oil over medium heat. Add chicken and saute until deep golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Pour buffalo sauce over top and simmer until sauce coats chicken and chicken is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Toss lettuce (portion for salad) with carrots, tomatoes, and portion of dressing for salad. Season with some salt and pepper.
GARLIC & DILL CHICKEN HOAGIES RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
Flatten each chicken breast to about 1/2-inch thickness, by pounding between sheets of waxed paper. STEP 2. Melt butter in 10-inch skillet until sizzling; stir in garlic and 1/2 teaspoon dill weed. Cook over medium heat 1 minute; add chicken …
- Melt butter in 10-inch skillet until sizzling; stir in garlic and 1/2 teaspoon dill weed. Cook over medium heat 1 minute; add chicken breasts. Continue cooking, turning occasionally, 10-15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches at least 165°F and juices run clear when pierced with fork.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon sour cream mixture onto each half of bun. Layer bottom half of bun with 1 lettuce leaf, 2 tomato slices, 1 chicken breast and top half of bun.
BUFFALO CHICKEN HOAGIE | RACHAEL RAY SHOW
2018-06-19 · Place shredded chicken in a medium-size bowl. In a small skillet, melt butter and combine with hot sauce. Let sauce cool slightly then pour it over the shredded chicken. Toss to coat chicken …
- For the Blue Cheese Ranch, stir together the blue cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, chives, vinegar, and onion and garlic powders in a medium-size bowl
ITALIAN CHICKEN HOAGIES RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
6 hoagie buns, split . 12 (3/4-ounce) slices Land O Lakes® Italian Blend, cut in half . Get Ingredients. How to make. STEP 1. Heat broiler. Place oven rack 4 to 5 inches from heat. STEP 2 . Melt 2 tablespoons butter in 12-inch skillet until sizzling; add bell peppers and onion. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are starting to soften. Add chicken ...
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in 12-inch skillet until sizzling; add bell peppers and onion. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are starting to soften. Add chicken and pasta sauce. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes or until mixture is heated.
- Spread remaining 2 tablespoons butter onto cut-sides of buns. Place buttered-sides up onto baking sheet. Broil 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Place 2 cheese halves onto bottom half of each bun. Spoon chicken mixture evenly over cheese; top with remaining cheese halves. Broil 2-3 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and melted. Place top half of buns over filling.
NASHVILLE HOT CHICKEN HOAGIES - RECIPES | PAMPERED CHEF ...
Combine the lemon juice, mayonnaise, sugar, and black pepper in a medium bowl. Transfer ¼ cup (50 mL) of the dressing to a small bowl. Add the coleslaw mix to the …
- Add the chicken tenders to the bowl and let them sit, covered, in the refrigerator for at least 5 minutes, or up to 30 minutes.For the coleslaw, juice the lemon with the Juicer to measure 1 tbsp (15 mL).
- Combine the lemon juice, mayonnaise, sugar, and black pepper in a medium bowl.Transfer ¼ cup (50 mL) of the dressing to a small bowl.
- Add the coleslaw mix to the bowl with the remaining dressing and stir to combine.Heat the Executive Nonstick Double Burner Grill over medium-high heat for 3–5 minutes.
GREEK-STYLE CHICKEN HOAGIE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
In a bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and garlic. Spread the mayo mixture on the inside of the sandwich rolls. Layer the chicken, tomato, red onion, feta, lettuce, and …
BEST CHICKEN CHEESESTEAKS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN ...
2018-09-27 · In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and peppers and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until very soft, 8 to 10 minutes. Add chicken …
10 BEST CHICKEN HOAGIE RECIPES | YUMMLY
2021-07-23 · Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup KitchenAid salt, pepper, thyme, kosher salt, dried tarragon, flour, heavy cream and 13 more Watermelon, Feta And Mint Salad Yummly balsamic vinegar, arugula, watermelon, extra-virgin olive oil and 3 more
See details ››
CHICKEN CHEESETEAK HOAGIES RECIPE | LAURA IN THE KITCHEN ...
1) Using the biggest skillet you have, preheat it over high heat, add the oil and allow it to get hot enough to smoke. 2) Add the chicken (frozen) and break it up with a wooden (or metal depending on the kind …
- Using the biggest skillet you have, preheat it over high heat, add the oil and allow it to get hot enough to smoke.
- Add the chicken (frozen) and break it up with a wooden (or metal depending on the kind of pan you’re using) spoon as much as you can and move it around the skillet. The heat will drop a little since you’re adding frozen meat but do not panic, after a few minutes the water will be evaporated and the chicken will develop some color.
- Allow the chicken to cook for several minutes or until fully cooked through, make 2 piles of chicken in the skillet, top with the cheese, put a lid on and allow the cheese to melt.
- Once your chicken is cooked and ready, build your sandwich by stuffing the chicken cheesteak mixture in the rolls, topping it with the lettuce tomatoes and onions, olive oil and oregano!
CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE HOAGIES - RECIPE GIRL
2020-01-24 · Instructions In a small bowl, mix together the garlic and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle the chicken pieces with the pepper mixture. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and …
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle the chicken pieces with the pepper mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and stir-fry the seasoned chicken for 4 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove the chicken from the pan. Add the sausage to the skillet and brown, about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the sausage from the pan and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to the skillet and sauté the onion, red bell pepper and jalapeño (if using) until tender and the onions begin to become translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken and sausage back to the skillet. Stir in the chili sauce, relish, water, vinegar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and simmer 10-12 minutes.
- When ready to serve place the French rolls on a rimmed baking sheet. Preheat your oven's broiler. Pile the chicken and sausage mixture onto the French rolls. Top each sandwich with 2 tablespoons shredded cheese. Place under the broiler for a minute or so- just until the cheese melts and the rolls are toasted. Watch closely, so you don't burn the rolls!
CHICKEN HOAGIE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
2009-03-29 · Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Place hoagie buns open on a cookie sheet. Top each bun with 1/4 of chicken and 2oz of provolone. Bake in oven for about 5 minutes, just until cheese is melted.
- Heat oil in skillet, add onions, peppers & mushrooms. Continue to stir occasionally. Until they are browned and onions start to carmelize.
- While they are cooking, place chicken in a nonstick skillet and stir in italian dressing, cook on medium/high heat. Continue to stir as needed, until chicken is cooked throughly.
ITALIAN SLICED CHICKEN AND PORK HOAGIE RECIPE | RACHAEL ...
2016-11-18 · Directions Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. Drizzle the pork tenderloin and the chicken breasts with EVOO and sprinkle with the seasoning blend, salt and pepper. Place the pork on a rack …
- Drizzle the pork tenderloin and the chicken breasts with EVOO and sprinkle with the seasoning blend, salt and pepper. Place the pork on a rack set over a rimmed baking sheet and roast in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Reduce the heat to 425 degrees F and roast until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the pork registers 145 to 155 degrees F, about 15 more minutes (do not open the oven while it's cooking). Transfer the pork to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes, if desired. Then very thinly slice on an angle.
- Meanwhile, heat a cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, flipping occasionally, until firm but not tight and the juices run clear, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes, if desired. Then thinly slice on an angle.
CHICKEN PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SANDWICH (VIDEO) - VALENTINA'S ...
2020-06-29 · Thinly slice the chicken breast. Slice the onion, mushrooms and cut green peppers into thin strands. In a skillet, saute the mushrooms, peppers and onions with butter and oil until the vegetables …
- In a skillet, saute the mushrooms, peppers and onions with butter and oil until the vegetables are desired doneness. Remove from the skillet.
CHICKEN CACCIATORE HOAGIES RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once or twice, until browned on both sides, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once or twice, until browned on both sides, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add bell pepper and onion to the pan; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, oregano and crushed red pepper; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine and cook, scraping up any browned bits, until most of the wine is reduced, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and the chicken. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer, cover and cook until the chicken is tender and cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Using two forks, shred the chicken into large pieces. Divide the chicken mixture among hoagie rolls and top with cheese and more oregano, if desired.
COUNTRY HAM CHICKEN CHEESE HOAGIE - BIGOVEN
On the bottom half, assemble your hoagie in tthe following order: 1 tablespoon sandwich spread, 4 oz. thin-sliced country ham, 4 oz. shaved roast chicken, 1 slice colby-jack cheese, 1 slice American cheese, 2 thin slices fresh tomato, 1 or 2 leaves of fresh lettuce. Place the other half of the hoagie bun on top, and slice the sandwich diagonally.
CHICKEN BACON HOAGIE: LOWER CAL VS RESTAURANT STYLE - ETHAN
2020-07-29 · 11-inch homemade hoagie roll. 45 g homemade ranch (recipe below) 50 g lettuce. 40 g tomato. 40 g pickled red onions. Let's get all the ingredients prepped then we'll assemble. To start, slice the chicken thighs so they lie even. Sprinkle 1.5% salt over both sides and let this sit in the fridge for an hour. Meanwhile, mix 14 grams of mayo in a bowl with an obscene amount of black pepper in ...
HOW-TO COOK PERFECT CHICKEN BREASTS | THE HOW-TO HOME
2016-01-29 · Since I was using my chicken in the hoagie recipe below I let it cool slightly and then sliced it before refrigerating. Make Ahead Chicken Breast Hoagies. Now to make our hoagies! Ingredients: 1 large loaf of Italian bread. 1 garlic clove cut in half lengthwise. 1/2 cup olive oil. Cold sliced chicken, (Tyson® Fresh Chicken prepared as above) Fresh basil leaves. Fresh mozzarella ball, …
BUFFALO CHICKEN CHEESESTEAK RECIPE | CHISEL & FORK
2021-07-27 · Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the onions are starting to brown. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Add in the buffalo sauce, tossing to coat. Add 2 slices of provolone to each hoagie roll.
See details ››
10 BEST CHICKEN HOAGIE RECIPES | YUMMLY
Chicken Hoagie Recipes 231,934 Recipes. Last updated Jul 23, 2021. This search takes into account your taste preferences. 231,934 suggested recipes. Italian Hoagie Pork. shredded iceberg lettuce, salt, Italian hoagie roll, onion, deli ham and 6 more. Italian Pork Hoagie Pork. boneless pork loin chops, Italian dressing, mozzarella cheese and 2 more . Reuben Brat Hoagie Johnsonville Sausage ...
See details ››
HEROES, HOAGIES AND SUBS RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
Rating: 5 stars. 2. Cook up a pan of Italian sausages and layer them in hoagie rolls with hot peppers, onions, and cheese for a hearty and satisfying meal. By Allrecipes. Roasted Pork Banh Mi …
See details ››
THE BEST HOAGIE SANDWICH RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
See details ››
CREAM CHEESE CHICKEN WRAP RECIPE / LOL I COOKED UP YOUR ...
2021-07-30 · Toast the hoagie rolls, scoop on the chicken and top with cheddar slice and crumbled bacon. Source: i0.wp.com Originally the recipe was made with cream of chicken soup, but i've altered it to make the sauce from scratch. Toast the hoagie rolls, scoop on the chicken and top with cheddar slice and crumbled bacon.
See details ››
GRILLED CHICKEN HOAGIE | EPICURE.COM
Coat chicken with oil and seasoning. Place on grill. Grill with lid closed until cooked, about 3 min per side. Add buns for the last 1 min of cooking; grill until lightly toasted. Meanwhile, coarsely chop spinach and prepare toppings, if using. To assemble, spread toasted buns with sauce. Add chicken…
See details ››