CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD SAUCE (CREAMY & DELICIOUS!)
This chicken with mustard sauce is an easy and elegant one pan meal. The amazing creamy dijon sauce with rosemary will have you wanting to lick your plate clean!
Provided by Rachel Gurk
Categories One Pan
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Trim chicken and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add oil to a large oven safe skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, place chicken in skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and it removes easily from the pan (it shouldn't stick). Flip each piece over and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken breasts reaches 165ºF when checked with an instant-read thermometer in the thickest portion of the meat.
- Remove chicken from the pan and place it on a plate. Cover with foil.
- Return pan to burner over medium heat.
- Add shallots and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add rosemary and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Whisk or stir in wine while scraping all the brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- Add mustard while whisking, and then add chicken broth while whisking.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes or until thickened slightly. Whisk in cream and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, or until thickened. Return chicken to pan to coat in sauce (or drizzle sauce over chicken) and serve immediately, garnished with fresh parsley or chives if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 445 kcal, Carbohydrate 6 g, Protein 51 g, Fat 21 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, Cholesterol 185 mg, Sodium 567 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 1 g, TransFat 1 g, UnsaturatedFat 10 g, ServingSize 1 serving
CHICKEN IN MUSTARD SAUCE
This healthy yet elegant weeknight chicken dish came to The Times in 1988, courtesy of Jacques Pépin. It's simple but loaded with flavor, and you can throw it together in about a half hour. Just sauté the chicken until golden, then make a quick sauce from onions, water and mustard and reduce until thick. Serve with rice to soak up the sauce, and a crisp green salad. If white meat is not your thing, it would be equally delicious made with boneless chicken thighs (just be sure to add a few minutes of cooking time).
Provided by Jacques Pépin
Categories dinner, one pot, main course
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Sprinkle the meat with the salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When it is hot, brown the chicken for one-and-a-half minutes on each side.
- Mix in the onion and continue cooking for one minute.
- Sprinkle the flour on the chicken pieces, turning them so that all the pieces are coated. Cook one minute to lightly brown the flour.
- Add the water and stir to dissolve the flour until the mixture comes to a boil. Lower the heat, cover the skillet and boil gently for five minutes.
- Remove the meat to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Cook the sauce to reduce it to about one-and-a-half cups. Mix the dry mustard with the Dijon mustard and stir until smooth. Stir the mustard mixture into the sauce and heat, but do not allow the sauce to boil after the mustard has been added.
- Place the chicken pieces in the sauce and warm over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes to develop the flavor.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 229, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 4 grams, Fat 12 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 24 grams, SaturatedFat 3 grams, Sodium 241 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
CHICKEN IN ONION AND MUSTARD SAUCE
Surprisingly mild and easy to make, this dish takes to substitutions well depending on what you have in the house. Despite the name, even my young children enjoy this chicken! It's quick, easy, and something different for dinner. Apple juice may be substituted for the applesauce and wine. Grainy, spicier mustards will create a spicier sauce; mild or sweet mustards will create a milder sauce.
Provided by sonnet
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken on both sides with pepper; cook the chicken breasts in the butter until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 6 to 7 minutes each side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove the breasts from the pan and set aside.
- Stir together the onion, parsley, applesauce, wine, mustard, and half-and-half in the pan; bring the mixture to a boil and cook about 5 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan; add the walnuts. Allow to cook until the chicken is warm, 3 to 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 388.3 calories, Carbohydrate 12.3 g, Cholesterol 89.5 mg, Fat 23.1 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 31 g, SaturatedFat 6.1 g, Sodium 220 mg, Sugar 6 g
CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD SOY SAUCE RECIPE - (4.4/5)
Provided by mytastytreasures
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cut garlic in half and onions in thin rings. Heat oil in skillet and add garlic and onion. Cook for 5 minutes. Mix soy sauce, mustard, brown sugar, and ginger in a small bowl. Add the chicken , cook a little. Add your soy sauce mixture, finish cooking the chicken and let sauce thicken a bit. (cover and cook) If sauce doesnt thicken to your liking remove chicken and cook down sauce heavily for a minute or thicken by adding cornstarch mixed with water. Very tasty.
TASTY ONION CHICKEN
The secret to this French onion chicken is the yummy, crunchy coating that keeps the meat juicy and tender. Round out your meal with green beans and buttermilk biscuits. -Jennifer Hoeft, Thorndale, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a shallow bowl, combine butter, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Place onions in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then coat with onions. , Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; drizzle with remaining butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 460 calories, Fat 36g fat (18g saturated fat), Cholesterol 124mg cholesterol, Sodium 449mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 23g protein.
CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD SAUCE
This luscious chicken entree from Coleen Deon in Dover Plains, New York is truly something special. Lemon zest and Dijon mustard add tangy flavor to the perfectly seasoned sauce-and it all goes together in minutes! Serve over hot noodles or pasta for a company-special supper.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, marjoram, thyme and pepper; set aside 1 tablespoon flour mixture. Add chicken to the bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. , In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Stir wine or broth into the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in the broth, mustard and lemon zest. , Place reserved flour mixture in a small bowl; stir in milk until smooth. Stir into broth mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to skillet; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 202 calories, Fat 6g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 63mg cholesterol, Sodium 407mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
EASY CHICKEN YASSA
This is a quick, easy, and healthy variation on the classic Senegalese dish Chicken Yassa. Chicken quarters are roasted in the oven while a simple pan sauce of caramelized onions, mustard, and lemon juice ties everything together.
Provided by Nancy Odogwu
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
PAN-ROASTED CHICKEN WITH CREAMY MUSTARD SAUCE
- In a large resealable bag, combine the beef broth, white wine, 1 tablespoon of the mustard powder, Worcestershire sauce, chopped garlic, onions and some salt and pepper. Add the chicken quarters to the bag, seal well, and shake a bit to coat the chicken in the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels; reserve the marinade. Add the chicken, skin side down, to the skillet and cook until nicely brown, 5 minutes. Flip, and brown on the reverse side, another 4 minutes. Lower the heat to medium-low and add the butter and the smashed garlic to the pan. Cook for 1 minute, basting the chicken with the melted butter.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 170 degrees F, measured at the thickest part of the thigh, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the chicken to a plate and let rest, loosely cover, for 5 minutes.
- Heat the half-and-half and rosemary in a small saucepan over low heat. Pour off all but about 2 tablespoons of the oil from the skillet the chicken was cooked in. Place the skillet over medium heat and deglaze the pan with half of the reserved marinade, scraping up any browned bit from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Cook for 2 minutes, to reduce. Strain into the heated half-and-half and remove the rosemary sprig. In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water. Whisk the cornstarch slurry into the half-and-half, then whisk in the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons mustard powder, the whole-grain mustard and the lemon juice. Season the sauce with a salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Pour some of the sauce over the chicken and serve the rest on the side.
ONE-PAN HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN THIGHS
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pat the chicken thighs dry and sprinkle the skin side generously with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to a large, high-sided ovenproof skillet and heat over medium-high heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the chicken thighs, skin-side down. (This may have to be done in batches, depending on the size on your chicken thighs, to avoid overcrowding the skillet.) Sprinkle the underside of the chicken generously with salt and pepper. Cook until the chicken skin is golden brown, crispy and easily releases from the pan, 4 to 5 minutes. Flip the chicken and continue to cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and add the white wine. Cook, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the skillet, until the harsh alcohol smells burns off and the wine has slightly reduced, about 1 minute. Add the frozen onions and garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken stock and 2 tablespoons honey mustard. Stir the mixture until well combined and emulsified. Add the mushrooms and thyme leaves to the skillet and stir to coat the mushrooms in the mixture.
- Turn the heat off. Nestle the chicken into the vegetable mixture. Add the remaining tablespoon honey mustard and tablespoon oil to a small bowl. Whisk to combine. Brush the tops of the chicken thighs with the honey mustard mixture.
- Transfer the chicken to the oven and cook until the vegetables are browned and the chicken is 165 degrees F, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Turn the oven off. Remove the chicken from the oven and add the frozen peas. Stir slightly to submerge them in the sauce. Return the skillet to the oven until the peas are heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- To serve, plate the chicken and vegetables and top with the pan sauce.
CHICKEN IN MUSTARD SAUCE
- Mix first 4 ingredients together, coat chicken thoroughly.
- Saute chicken in butter until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add water and bouillon cube.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken to warm platter.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Stir into chicken broth, cook until thickened.
- Pour gravy over chicken.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts just before serving.
PAN-SEARED CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD SAUCE
A delicious recipe DH and I tried from Williams-Sonoma, which is perfect for a busy night, as there is virtually no prep! The mustard cream sauce is very flavorful.
Provided by Dr. Jenny
Categories Very Low Carbs
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of waxed paper. Using meat mallet, lightly pound chicken until it is 1/2 inch thick. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a large fry pan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add chicken breasts, and cook, turning once, until golden on both sides and opaque throughout, 8-10 minutes total. Transfer chicken to a separate plate.
- Keep the pan on medium-high heat, and stir mustard seeds into the pan drippings. Cook, stirring for about 15 seconds. Add the wine and broth and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring until slightly reduced, 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in cream and mustard and cook for 1 minute to blend the flavors.
- Return chicken breast halves and any accumulated juices to the pan, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the chicken and divide among dinner plates. Drizzle with sauce and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 289.1, Fat 17.8, SaturatedFat 9.6, Cholesterol 118.8, Sodium 292, Carbohydrate 1.6, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 0.4, Protein 26.3
CHICKEN WITH GRAINY-MUSTARD SAUCE
- Place chicken, carrots, onions, celery,bay leaf, parsley, wine, and peppercorns ina stockpot. Add water to cover (about 3quarts); bring to a boil. Reduce heat soliquid is at a bare simmer. Poach, adjusting heat to maintain bare simmer andskimming any scum off the top, untilchicken is cooked, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove chicken from stock; use a sharpknife to remove meat from bones. Placemeat in a dish; add stock to just cover. Return bones to pot; simmer until very flavorful, about 1 hour. Pass stock through a cheesecloth-lined strainer; discard solids.
- In a clean saucepan, return stock to aboil. Reduce heat so stock is at a baresimmer. Add apricots and pineapple andpoach until tender, about 10 minutes.With a slotted spoon, remove fruit; season fruit with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon tarragon.
- Raise heat to high; cook stock until reduced to 1/3 cup, 45 minutes. Reduce heattolow; whisk in mustard, 1/4 teaspoon eachsalt and tarragon, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Divide the lettuce among 4 plates. Slicechicken; place on greens. Pour mustardsauce over chicken and serve with reserved apricot-and-pineapple mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 318 g, Cholesterol 53 g, Fat 3 g, Fiber 4 g, Protein 32 g, Sodium 377 g
CHICKEN WITH ORANGE-MUSTARD SAUCE
- Prick chicken in several places using a fork; arrange in a large dish in 1 layer. Season with salt and pepper and brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cover and refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, mustard, orange zest, cumin, and fennel together in a small glass bowl.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Brush chicken with orange-mustard sauce and arrange on the preheated grill. Cook, turning often and brushing with more of the sauce, until legs are no longer pink at the bone and juices run clear, 16 to 18 minutes. Transfer chicken to a platter and garnish with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 431.8 calories, Carbohydrate 2.9 g, Cholesterol 138.3 mg, Fat 27.2 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 41.3 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 422.8 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
More about "chicken in onion and mustard sauce recipes"
CHICKEN WITH ONION-MUSTARD SAUCE | PALEO LEAP
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CHICKEN THIGHS WITH CREAMY MUSTARD SAUCE | RECIPES
ONE-PAN CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE RECIPE
CHICKEN IN MUSTARD SAUCE (POULET à LA MOUTARDE)
CHICKEN IN CARAMELIZED ONION SAUCE - MINDEE'S COOKING …
JAMIE OLIVER'S 5-INGREDIENT CREAMY MUSTARD CHICKEN
HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN | RECIPETIN EATS
GRILLED CHICKEN IN MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE - NDTV FOOD
CHICKEN WITH CREOLE MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
CHICKEN WITH ORANGE MUSTARD SAUCE | CANADIAN LIVING
PAN SEARED CHICKEN WITH A CREAMY MUSTARD SAUCE
SKILLET CHICKEN WITH CREAMY MUSTARD SAUCE - LISA'S DINNERTIME DISH
CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD SAUCE | YELLOWBLISSROAD.COM
CHICKEN WITH DIJON MUSTARD SAUCE - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
CHICKEN IN ONION AND MUSTARD SAUCE | RECIPESTY
5-INGREDIENT SKILLET ONION CHICKEN | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
CRISPY CHICKEN SANDWICH (WITH HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE!) | MOM ON …
HOMEMADE MUSTARD CHICKEN RECIPE WITH OLIVE OIL - THEFOODXP
CHICKEN BREASTS WITH MUSHROOM AND ONION DIJON SAUCE
CHICKEN WITH BACON MUSTARD SAUCE - JULIA'S ALBUM
CHICKEN DIJON - CREAMY MUSTARD CHICKEN RECIPE | CHEFDEHOME.COM
CHICKEN IN APPLE MUSTARD SAUCE | CHICKEN.CA
CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE - MARIONKANE.COM
CHICKEN THIGHS IN A CREAMY DIJON MUSTARD SAUCE
CHICKEN IN MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE - THE HUNGRY BLUEBIRD
CHICKEN WITH ONIONS AND MUSTARD - ALLMEXRECIPES
BRAISED CHICKEN WITH ONIONS, WHITE WINE & MUSTARD
CREAMY DIJON MUSTARD CHICKEN - CLOSET COOKING
CHICKEN THIGHS WITH CREAMY MUSTARD SAUCE - THE CHUNKY CHEF
10 BEST CHICKEN WITH SOY SAUCE AND MUSTARD RECIPES - YUMMLY
TARRAGON MUSTARD SAUCE FOR CHICKEN WITHOUT CREAM - TALKING MEALS
ONE PAN HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN - BAKED BREE
DIJON MUSTARD CHICKEN RECIPE - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
You'll also love