SLICED POACHED CHICKEN WITH LIGHT AND LEMONY GRAVY
Provided by Rachael Ray : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Place the chicken in a deep skillet or pot with the onion, celery, carrot, and bay leaves. Cover with just enough water to come to the top of the meat. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and then simmer until cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove the chicken to a plate with tongs and tent with foil. Strain the poaching liquid and reserve 1 cup.
- Return the skillet to medium heat and add the butter to melt. Add the shallot and garlic and stir for 2 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour and stir another minute. Stir in the thyme and wine. Add lemon zest and juice, the reserved poaching liquid, and simmer to reduce the sauce and thicken a bit. Stir in the cream, if desired. Slice the chicken and add to the sauce to warm. Serve with bread or a simple pasta dish such as Egg Pasta with Leeks. Garnish with basil and serve.
PAN-ROASTED CHICKEN WITH LEEKS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Put the bacon in a large heavy-bottomed ovenproof skillet and cook over medium-high heat until some of the fat renders, about 5 minutes. Push the bacon to the side of the pan. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then add it to the pan and cook, turning, until it starts to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and leeks, then arrange the chicken on top of the bacon-leek mixture. Transfer to the oven and roast until the chicken is golden and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 160 degrees F, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a platter.
- Carefully return the skillet to the stovetop over medium-high heat. Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add the broth and half-and-half and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Bring to a boil and cook until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice. Spoon the leek mixture over the chicken. Serve with the remaining lemon wedges.
- Per serving: Calories 418; Fat 24 g (Saturated 8 g); Cholesterol 147 mg; Sodium 322 mg; Carbohydrate 14 g; Fiber 1 g; Protein 34 g
CHICKEN POACHED WITH THYME AND LEEKS
- For complete instructions, visit the original site at https://www.marthastewart.com/344498/chicken-poached-with-thyme-and-leeks
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize serving, Sugar 1 g, Sodium 606 mg, Cholesterol 172 mg, SaturatedFat 2 g, Calories 324 kcal, Carbohydrate 1 g, Protein 54 mg, Fat 10 g
CHICKEN POACHED WITH THYME AND LEEKS
A covering of parchment paper helps retain moisture in this lovely thyme-scented chicken. Serve the sliced meat in the leek-and-thyme poaching broth, or chilled in a chicken salad.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oil in a medium stockpot over medium heat. Cook garlic and leeks for 3 minutes. Raise heat to high. Add stock and peppercorns. Bring to a simmer.
- Cut out a circle of parchment the size of the pot. Reduce heat to low. Add thyme. Season chicken generously with salt, and submerge in broth. Place parchment on surface of broth, and cover pot with lid. Poach chicken, flipping halfway through, until cooked through, about 15 minutes. (Broth should never simmer.) Remove and discard thyme if desired. Slice chicken, and serve in broth or on its own.
CLASSIC POACHED CHICKEN IN CREAM SAUCE (POULE AU POT)
- Spread the carrots and leeks across the bottom of a large soup pot. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste and add to the pot. Add the onions, turnips, garlic and bouquet garni. Add water to cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, partly covered, until a leg pulls easily away from the body, about 1 hour.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and remove the skin. Detach the legs and wings and separate the drumsticks from the thighs. Remove the breast, discard the bones and slice the meat thinly. Cover and keep warm.
- Transfer all the vegetables in the pot to a bowl; cover and keep warm. Discard the bouquet garni. Return the pot to high heat and boil until the broth is reduced by half. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter, then whisk in the flour; do not allow to brown. Gradually whisk in 1 cups of the broth, allowing the mixture to thicken. Whisk in the cream and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, place a bed of rice or noodles in a large, deep serving dish. Top with the vegetables and then the chicken. Spoon the sauce over the top and garnish with chives. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 570, UnsaturatedFat 20 grams, Carbohydrate 23 grams, Fat 37 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 37 grams, SaturatedFat 14 grams, Sodium 1141 milligrams, Sugar 9 grams, TransFat 0 grams
POACHED CHICKEN BREAST WITH KABOCHA SQUASH AND LEEKS
Provided by campbells
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Season chicken breasts with salt. Combine breasts with leeks, garlic, and Swanson® Chicken Broth in a large, heavy-bottomed pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until breasts are cooked and leeks are very tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Shingle squash over top of chicken and leek mixture, cover, and cook until squash is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Gently remove squash and leeks and divide evenly in shallow bowls. Slice the poached chicken breasts and serve with broth.
POACHED BEEF WITH LEEKS
- Cover potatoes with cold water in a saucepan; add 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer until tender, 10 to 15 minutes; drain. Return to pot; cover.
- Stir together horseradish, vinegar, parsley, oil, and a pinch of salt; set aside.
- Bring stock, wine, celery, and garlic to a boil in a tall, narrow 6-quart pot. Reduce heat to medium-low; add leeks and 3 sprigs thyme. Simmer until vegetables are tender, 5 to 10 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to a large bowl; cover. Place beef and peppercorns in pot; add water just to cover, if necessary. Partially cover pot; cook at a bare simmer until an instant-read thermometer reads 130 degrees when inserted into center of beef, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove beef, and let rest 10 minutes.
- Carve beef on a carving board into 18 thin slices; add any juices to broth. Pour broth through a fine sieve into bowl with vegetables; discard solids. Divide soup, potatoes, and beef among six bowls; garnish with thyme. Serve sauce on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 462 g, Cholesterol 93 g, Fat 29 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 28 g, Sodium 559 g
More about "chicken poached with thyme and leeks recipes"
LEMON CHICKEN WITH LEEKS AND THYME - HEALTHY …
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CHICKEN POT PIE WITH LEEKS AND THYME RECIPE | FOOD
5/5 (7)Category ChickenServings 6Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
BRAISED LEEKS WITH POACHED EGGS - OUR SALTY KITCHEN
POACHED COD WITH POTATOES AND LEEKS RECIPE | BON …
CHICKEN AND LEEKS RECIPE (IN CREAMY TARRAGON SAUCE)
CHICKEN & PANCETTA | CHICKEN RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER …
ROASTED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH POTATOES AND LEEKS RECIPE
POACHED CHICKEN – JUICY, GUARANTEED! | RECIPETIN EATS
POACHED CHICKEN WITH LEEKS AND ROOT VEGETABLE
ROAST CHICKEN WITH BALSAMIC PEACHES, LEEKS & THYME
POACHED AND ROASTED CHICKEN RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH …
SHEET PAN MEAL: LEMON CHICKEN WITH LEEKS AND POTATOES
BRAISED CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOMS & LEEKS RECIPE
CHICKEN BREASTS WITH LEEKS & PARMESAN CHEESE (RECIPE)
LEEKS POACHED WITH BUTTER | THE INDEPENDENT | THE …
CHICKEN POT PIE | RECIPETIN EATS
CHICKEN AND PEARL BARLEY STEW BEST RECIPES
CHICKEN AND LEEK RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
CHICKEN POACHED WITH THYME AND LEEKS RECIPE
CHICKEN POACHED WITH THYME AND LEEKS - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
ROASTED CHICKEN BREAST WITH PANCETTA, LEEKS AND THYME | RECIPE CART
GARLIC AND THYME ROASTED CHICKEN AND POTATOES RECIPE
POACHED SALMON WITH MUSHROOMS AND LEEKS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
POACHED CHICKEN RECIPE: TAHINI, LEMON, THYME AND WILD RICE
ROAST CHICKEN WITH LEEKS, THYME, AND BLACK OLIVES - ERICA DE MANE
POACHED CHICKEN - AVERIE COOKS
CHICKEN POACHED WITH THYME AND LEEKS RECIPE | RECIPE | POACHED …
POACHED CHICKEN WITH LEEKS, BROAD BEANS & HERBY SAUCE - WAITROSE
BRAISED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH LEEKS - MY THERAPIST COOKS
POACHED CHICKEN AND LEEKS WITH HERBS | FRANK ABOUT FOOD
CHICKEN AND LEEK GRATIN - ANNABEL LANGBEIN – RECIPES
LEMON POACHED CHICKEN AND LEEKS - FOOD LUST PEOPLE LOVE
BEST CIDER-POACHED CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD AND THYME RECIPE
POACHED HADDOCK WITH STEWED LEEKS RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
FRIED CHICKEN LIVERS WITH THYME, GARLIC & LEEKS
You'll also love