CHICKEN SATAY SALAD
Marinate chicken breasts, then drizzle with a punchy peanut satay sauce for a no-fuss, midweek meal that's high in protein and big on flavour
Provided by Sara Buenfeld
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Pour the tamari into a large dish and stir in the curry powder, cumin, garlic and honey. Mix well. Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally to make 4 fillets in total, then add to the marinade and mix well to coat. Set aside in the fridge for at least 1 hr, or overnight, to allow the flavours to penetrate the chicken.
- Meanwhile, mix the peanut butter with the chilli sauce, lime juice, and 1 tbsp water to make a spoonable sauce. When ready to cook the chicken, wipe a large non-stick frying pan with a little oil. Add the chicken and cook, covered with a lid, for 5-6 mins on a medium heat, turning the fillets over for the last min, until cooked but still moist. Set aside, covered, to rest for a few mins.
- While the chicken rests, toss the lettuce wedges with the cucumber, shallot, coriander and pomegranate, and pile onto plates. Spoon over a little sauce. Slice the chicken, pile on top of the salad and spoon over the remaining sauce. Eat while the chicken is still warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 353 calories, Fat 10 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 24 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 21 grams sugar, Fiber 7 grams fiber, Protein 38 grams protein, Sodium 1.6 milligram of sodium
This recipe is part of Food Editor Barney's 'cooking with kids' series. Here, Barney and his daughter Maisie make chicken skewers with peanut sauce
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Categories Main course
Yield Makes 12
Number Of Ingredients 16
- KIDS the writing in bold is for you. GROWN-UPS the rest is for you. Make a yummy marinade. Peel the ginger and help them to finely grate it and tip it into a bowl. Repeat with the garlic and lime zest. Halve the lime and get your child to juice it, then mix it in a bowl with the honey, soy, curry powder and peanut butter. Get them to give it a good mix, adding a small splash of water if it's too stiff, then help them spoon two-thirds of the mix into a small pan. Set aside for Step 4.
- Now for some chicken bashing! Put the chicken in the sandwich bag, one breast at a time, getting your child to flatten each one with a rolling pin or a meat mallet - this isn't essential, but they like doing it.
- Mix the chicken with the marinade you made. Cut the chicken into strips, tip it into the remaining third of the peanut-butter mix, then get your child to stir well. Cover with cling film and chill until required. This can be done up to 3 hrs ahead.
- Cook your tasty sauce. While the chicken is marinating, pour the coconut milk into the pan and get your child to stir together with the peanut butter mix. The sauce needs to be heated gently and stirred - suitable for confident seven- or eight-year olds, under strict adult supervision.
- 'Sew' the chicken onto the skewers. The chicken needs to be threaded into 'S' shapes onto the skewers. Get your child to thread the skewers away from themselves, being careful of the sharp points. Younger ones might find this a little fiddly, so they could just push on small chunks.
- Paint the tray with oil and cook the chicken. Heat the grill to high and get your child to brush a baking tray with oil. They can then line up the skewers on the tray. Grill the skewers for about 10 mins, turning occasionally, until lightly charred.
- Make cucumber ribbons with a peeler. Using a swivel-blade peeler, get your child to peel the cucumber into a bowl, then carry on peeling the cucumber flesh into ribbons until they get to the seeds. Repeat with each side of the cucumber.
- Mix a dressing for the cucumber. Get your child to mix the vinegar and sugar until the sugar dissolves - explain what dissolves means. Add the sweet chilli, if using, then pour over the cucumber. Add coriander if your child likes it, or serve on the side for the grown-ups. To serve, put the skewers on a platter, the sauce and salad in bowls, and serve with rice and lime wedges on the side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 117 calories, Fat 6 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 4 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 12 grams protein, Sodium 0.3 milligram of sodium
- In a mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, curry powder, garlic and hot pepper sauce. Place the chicken breasts in the marinade and refrigerate. Let the chicken marinate at least 2 hours, overnight is best.
- Preheat a grill to high heat.
- Weave the chicken onto skewers, then grill for 5 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 162.4 calories, Carbohydrate 4.1 g, Cholesterol 68.4 mg, Fat 3 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 28.8 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 693.9 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
CHICKEN SATAY SALAD
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high. Slice the chicken breasts 1/2 inch thick and toss with 2 tablespoons peanut sauce, 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a bowl. Grill the chicken until just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Whisk the remaining 5 tablespoons peanut sauce and 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil, the lime juice and 2 tablespoons water in a large bowl. Add the lettuce, cucumber, carrot, bell pepper and cilantro and toss. Season with salt and pepper and divide among bowls. Top with the chicken, peanuts and more cilantro.
- Per serving: Calories 363; Fat 20 g (Saturated 2 g); Cholesterol 66 mg; Sodium 208 mg; Carbohydrate 15 g; Fiber 5 g; Protein 32 g
Nutrition Facts : Calories 363 calorie, Fat 20 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Cholesterol 66 milligrams, Sodium 208 milligrams, Carbohydrate 15 grams, Fiber 5 grams, Protein 32 grams
CHICKEN SATAY SALAD SAMMIES
Provided by Rachael Ray : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat a grill pan or large nonstick skillet to medium high to high heat. Coat chicken in oil and grill seasoning and cook 3 minutes on each side in 2 batches. Pile up meat and shred it with a sharp knife.
- Place peanut butter in a medium, microwave safe bowl and soften in the microwave on high for 20 seconds. Whisk soy, apple juice, hot sauce and lime juice into peanut butter. Toss chicken with satay sauce. Combine shredded veggies. Place 1/4 of veggies on sandwich bottoms and top with 1/4 satay chicken mixture. Set the bun tops in place and serve or wrap for travel.
More about "chicken satay salad recipes"
THAI CHICKEN SATAY SALAD RECIPE — THE MOM 100
Cuisine ThaiCategory SaladServings 6Total Time 20 mins
- Combine the peanut butter, sesame paste, soy sauce, oil, vinegar, brown sugar, shallots, garlic, cayenne, and salt and pepper in a blender or food processor. Taste and adjust the seasonings as desired.
- In a small bowl combine half the dressing with the chicken. In a serving bowl combine the lettuce, bell pepper, carrots, shallot, and scallions. Toss with most of the remaining dressing. Pile on the dressed chicken, and if you want, drizzle over the remaining dressing, or pass it on the side for those who want it. Serve immediately.
THAI CHICKEN SATAY - CAFE DELITES
5/5 (31)Total Time 50 minsCategory DinnerCalories 542 per serving
- For the chicken marinade, mix together the coconut milk, peanut butter, brown sugar, curry paste, sauces and salt in a large, shallow bowl until well combined and creamy. Add in the chicken, turning to coat completely with the marinade. Allow to marinade for at least 10 minutes to half an hour in the refrigerator (if time allows).
- Heat oil in an oven-proof pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken until browned on each side and fragrant (about 8-10 minutes each side). Transfer to the oven and continue cooking for a further 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through (juices run clear and no longer pink inside).
- While the chicken is in the oven, combine all Peanut Sauce ingredients into a saucepan EXCEPT for the lime juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer until combined and thickened (about 5-6 minutes). Once thick, take off heat and stir in the lime juice (start with 1 tablespoon and adjust accordingly to suit your tastes).
CHICKEN SATAY WITH CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPE BY THE DAILY MEAL ...
4.5/5 (2)Category AppetizersCuisine ThaiTotal Time 1 hr 30 mins
- Step 1: In a small bowl, whisk together 1/2 can unsweetened coconut milk, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 teaspoon curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Step 2: Place 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast strips into a large resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over the chicken. Zip the bag and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Step 3: When ready to cook the chicken, thread each piece of chicken onto a bamboo skewer. Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat until smoking.
- Step 4: Cook skewers in batches for 3 to 4 minutes per side (depending on thickness) until deeply colored and cooked through. Cooked skewers can be held in a 170 F oven until all skewers are cooked and ready to serve.
CHICKEN SATAY (AUTHENTIC AND THE BEST RECIPE!) - RASA …
Reviews 195Calories 263 per servingCategory Malaysian Recipes
- Combine the chicken and the Marinade together, stir to mix well. Marinate the chicken for 6 hours in the fridge, or best overnight. When ready, thread 3-4 pieces of the chicken meat onto the bamboo skewers.
SATAY CHICKEN NOODLE SALAD | RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (43)Total Time 20 minsCategory Dinner, Noodles, SaladCalories 474 per serving
- Place both cabbages and carrots in a bowl, add 1/4 tsp salt, toss to combine and set aside for 5-10 minutes to wilt lightly.
CHICKEN SATAY ZOODLE SALAD RECIPE - TASTE AND SEE
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory EntreeCalories 549 per serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon, olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme. Pour into a resealable bag, add chicken, coat thoroughly, and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to a saucepan and bring to medium-high heat. Saute the chicken for 4 minutes, then flip each piece and cook for 3-4 more minutes. Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F. Cook chicken in batches to be sure to not overcrowd the pan.
CHICKEN SATAY WITH PEANUT SAUCE - DAMN DELICIOUS
4.9/5 (119)Category Asian InspiredServings 6
CHICKEN SATAY | RICARDO
5/5 (68)Category Main DishesServings 16Total Time 25 mins
SATAY CHICKEN NOODLE SALAD RECIPE - OLIVEMAGAZINE
Servings 4Total Time 1 hrCategory Meat And PoultryCalories 261 per serving
SPICY PEANUT CHICKEN SATAY WITH CUCUMBER SALAD | FOODAL
Reviews 3Category ChickenCuisine ThaiTotal Time 1 hr 15 mins
CHICKEN SATAY SALAD - MEDIC RECIPES - HEALTHY RECIPES ...
Category Healthy Breakfast Ideas RecipesCalories 355 per serving
CHICKEN SALAD RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SATAY CHICKEN NOODLE SALAD RECIPE | MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
4.8/5 (31)Category SaladServings 6Total Time 30 mins
CHICKEN PEANUT SATAY AND NOODLE SALAD - ETALK
Servings 8-12Total Time 20 minsCategory Dinner
COCONUT CHICKEN SATAY SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 4Calories 455 per serving
LOW CARB SATAY CHICKEN NOODLE SALAD - CHLOE TING RECIPES
CHICKEN SATAY SALAD – EASY SALAD RECIPES
CHICKEN SATAY NOODLE SALAD - RECIPES LIST
SATAY SALAD PAPAYA RECIPES | RECIPEBRIDGE RECIPE SEARCH
PB2 CHICKEN SATAY RECIPES
THAI CHICKEN PEANUT SALAD - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
CHICKEN SATAY WITH CASHEW SAUCE AND MANGO SALAD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make chicken satay salad on the grill?Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high. Slice the chicken breasts 1/2 inch thick and toss with 2 tablespoons peanut sauce, 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a bowl. Grill the chicken until just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
How to make chicken satay with soy sauce?Ingredients. 1 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter. 2 ½ cup soy sauce. 3 ½ cup lemon or lime juice. 4 1 tablespoon brown sugar. 5 2 tablespoons curry powder. 6 2 cloves garlic, chopped. 7 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce. 8 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed Add all ingredients to shopping list.
How to make chicken noodle salad with satay noodles?Place the Satay Chicken ingredients EXCEPT the oil in a bowl and toss to coat. Heat oil in a non stick fry pan over high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes until golden, then transfer to a plate. Toss noodles and remaining salad ingredients with chicken and Dressing, then serve. Serve at room temperature or warm. 1.
What to serve with spicy peanut chicken satay?Serve the cooked chicken satay drizzled with spicy peanut sauce and garnished with cilantro, sliced peppers, and chopped peanuts if you like, with cucumber salad on the side. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.