CHICKEN TAGINE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: Schwartz ground cinnamon, Schwartz paprika, ground coriander, black pepper, cumin, salt, chicken thighs, olive oil, baby potato, cherry tomato, shallot, dried apricots, salt, black pepper, lemon, fresh parsley, almond
Provided by Ivan Diaz
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 190ºC (375ºF).
- Place all of the ingredients for the spice rub in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Place chicken thighs in a large bowl and coat with the spice rub.
- Heat a very large cast iron skillet and drizzle in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. 5. Place seasoned chicken thighs skin-side down and cook until the skin is brown and crispy, about 4-5 minutes. Then flip the thighs over and brown the other side for 4 minutes. Remove chicken from the pan.
- In a large bowl, add baby potatoes, cherry tomatoes, shallots, and apricots. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix until evenly coated.
- Place the vegetables into the bottom of the tagine and arrange the chicken, skin-side up, around the top, wedging a slice of lemon between each piece of chicken.
- Place the lid on the tagine and place in the oven for 1 hour and 40 minutes, or until chicken is 165ºF (75ºC) and falls off the bone.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and toasted almond slivers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 795 calories, Carbohydrate 57 grams, Fat 31 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 72 grams, Sugar 25 grams
Chicken tagine is a classic Moroccan dish made in a special pot called a tagine and usually features preserved lemons and olives. This recipe uses lots of the warm spices and harissa that are authentic to Morocco, but it is cooked in a skillet. The substitution of fresh lemons makes this practical for a weeknight without a trip to the market or online.
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the oil to a large pan and heat over medium-high. When the oil is hot, add the chicken, skin-side down, and cook until the skins are brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Add the onions, garlic, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, ginger and turmeric and cook just until the onions start to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the lemon slices, lemon juice, harissa, chicken broth and olives, then stir to combine. Nestle the chicken back into the pan, skin-side up.
- Place in the oven, uncovered, and cook until the chicken is cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Season to taste. Scatter the cilantro and almonds over the top. Serve over the couscous.
- In a casserole set over moderately high heat, warm 1 tablespoon of the oil until hot. Add the chicken and cook, stirring, until no longer pink. With a slotted spoon transfer to a plate. Add the remaining oil to the casserole, the onions, pepper, carrots, celery, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, coriander, and bay leaves, and cook the mixture over moderate heat, covered, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cauliflower and cook, stirring, 3 minutes more. Add the water, bouillon cube, and lemon slices, bring to a boil, and simmer, covered, 5 minutes, or until vegetables are just tender. Return the chicken to the casserole, add the couscous, and cook over moderate heat, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the Harissa paste and salt to taste, stir to combine and let stand, covered, off the heat 5 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaves before serving.
EASY CHICKEN TAGINE
Simple one-pots are perfect for the busy cook. This chicken tagine is great eaten with cous cous for something a bit more filling
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat the oil in a large, wide pan with a lid, add the chicken, then fry quickly until lightly coloured. Add the onion and ginger, then fry for a further 2 mins.
- Add 150ml water, the saffron, honey and carrots, season, then stir well. Bring to the boil, cover tightly, then simmer for 30 mins until the chicken is tender. Uncover and increase the heat for about 5 mins to reduce the sauce a little. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 304 calories, Fat 11 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 14 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 12 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 39 grams protein, Sodium 0.48 milligram of sodium
TANGERINE CHICKEN TAGINE
My family and friends love foods from around the world, especially Moroccan entrees, so I created this flavorful dish. Cooking it in the slow cooker keeps each morsel moist and rich in flavor. -Brenda Watts, Gaffney, South Carolina
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine first 5 ingredients; rub spice mixture over chicken until well coated. Arrange carrots, parsnips, tangerines, apricots and almonds in bottom of a 6-qt. slow cooker. Place chicken breast side up on vegetables; pour in broth. Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 170° and chicken is tender, 6-8 hours. Remove chicken, vegetables and fruits to a serving platter; let stand 5-10 minutes before carving chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 503 calories, Fat 24g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 112mg cholesterol, Sodium 232mg sodium, Carbohydrate 35g carbohydrate (20g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 39g protein.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place the chicken pieces and eggplant in the heated oil; stir and cook until the chicken is browned on all sides but not cooked through. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Place the browned chicken and eggplant on the bottom of a slow cooker. Layer the onion, carrots, dried cranberries, and apricots over the chicken.
- Whisk together the chicken broth, tomato paste, lemon juice, flour, garlic salt, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, and ground black pepper in a bowl. Pour the broth mixture into the slow cooker with the chicken and vegetables.
- Cook on High setting for 5 hours, or on Low setting for 8 hours.
- Bring water to boil in a saucepan. Stir in couscous, and remove from heat. Cover, and let stand about 5 minutes, until liquid has been absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 379.7 calories, Carbohydrate 38.5 g, Cholesterol 64.7 mg, Fat 15.2 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 22.3 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 571 mg, Sugar 14.1 g
BEST CHICKEN TAGINE
This was inspired by a fantatstic chicken tagine from Melbourne's Meccah Bah. It has a lovely balance of spice and sweetness. I've customised it from other tagine receipes I've found - and I think this produces the best result. Modest .. maybe.. try for yourself!
Provided by amanda l b
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium heat.
- Brown chicken and remove.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger to the pot. Cover and cook until onion is tender, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Add paprika, turmeric, ground coriander, ground cumin, cayenne pepper and cinnamon and stir 1 minute to lightly 'toast' the spices.
- Stir in 2 cups water, chickpeas, tomatoes with juices, honey and coriander roots. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; add to pot. Cover and simmer for about 50 minutes - or until the chicken is cooked and tender.
- Add more water to cover the chicken if liquid has evaporated.
- When the chicken is almost ready, begin to prepare the cous-cous as per packet instructions. Add the chicken stock powder to the cous cous. When the cous cous has absorbed the liquid, add the almonds and stir through.
- If using drumsticks, remove the drumsticks and strip the meat from the bones. Return the meat back to the mixture and mix through.
- Stir sesame seeds through.
- Serve on a bed of cous cous, garnished with coriander leaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 583.4, Fat 10.6, SaturatedFat 1.6, Cholesterol 57.3, Sodium 541.6, Carbohydrate 100.3, Fiber 9.6, Sugar 40.9, Protein 25.9
MOROCCAN VEGETABLE CHICKEN TAGINE
Take a trip to Morocco with this rich, exotic dish. A tagine is a North African slow-cooked stew named after the pot it's cooked in.-Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the squash, potatoes, onion and garlic. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; place over vegetables. Top with apricots and cranberries., In a small bowl, combine flour and broth until smooth. Stir in the chili sauce, ginger, curry, cinnamon and cumin. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender., Stir in garbanzo beans; cover and cook for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with couscous if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 473 calories, Fat 10g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 90mg cholesterol, Sodium 733mg sodium, Carbohydrate 65g carbohydrate (24g sugars, Fiber 12g fiber), Protein 34g protein.
MOROCCAN CHICKEN TAGINE
Sweet and savory stewed chicken with dried fruits and exotic spices. Serve this on top of couscous and top with toasted almonds and fresh cilantro. Children love the familiarity of the 'sweet' spices and dried fruits.
Provided by Chef Kelly
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Mix cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, coriander, ginger, mint, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Measure out 1/2 cup spice mix and set the remaining aside for another use.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil; add apricots and raisins. Cook until fruit is soft, about 5 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking water.
- Pour enough olive oil into a large skillet or Dutch oven to coat the bottom; turn heat to medium. Coat chicken with the 1/2 cup spice mix and place in the hot oil; cook until golden brown and releases easily from the skillet, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Mix onion and garlic into skillet with chicken; cook and stir until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add apricots, raisins, reserved 1/2 cup water from fruit, chicken broth, and honey; reduce heat to low and cover. Cook until chicken is very tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Serve chicken garnished with cilantro and almonds.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370.8 calories, Carbohydrate 35.8 g, Cholesterol 43.5 mg, Fat 20.4 g, Fiber 6.7 g, Protein 15.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.7 g, Sodium 1375.1 mg, Sugar 22.3 g
CHICKEN TAGINE WITH APRICOTS AND ALMONDS
- Stir together ground cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons oil in a large bowl. Add chicken and turn to coat well.
- Heat butter and 1 tablespoon oil in base of tagine (or in skillet), uncovered, over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, then brown half of chicken, skin sides down, turning over once, 8 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Brown remaining chicken in same manner, adding any spice mixture left in bowl.
- Add onion and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt to tagine and cook, uncovered, stirring frequently, until soft, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Tie cilantro and parsley into a bundle with kitchen string and add to tagine along with 1/2 cup water, chicken, and any juices accumulated on plate. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
- While chicken cooks, bring honey, remaining cup water, cinnamon stick, and apricots to a boil in a 1- to 2-quart heavy saucepan, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until apricots are very tender (add more water if necessary). Once apricots are tender, simmer until liquid is reduced to a glaze, 10 to 15 minutes.
- While apricots cook, heat remaining 1/4 cup oil in a small skillet over moderate heat and cook almonds, stirring occasionally, until just golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Ten minutes before chicken is done, add apricot mixture to tagine. Discard herbs and cinnamon stick, then serve chicken sprinkled with almonds on top.
EASY CHICKEN TAGINE
Simple one-pots are perfect for the busy cook. This chicken tagine is great eaten with cous cous for something a bit more filling. You can make this dish using 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts instead of thighs. Simply cut them in half and reduce the simmering time to 15 mins.
Provided by English_Rose
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat the oil in a large, wide pan with a lid, add the chicken, then fry quickly until lightly coloured.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger, then fry for a further 2 minutes
- Add the stock, saffron, honey and carrots, season, then stir well.
- Bring to the boil, cover tightly, then simmer for 30 mins until the chicken is tender.
- Uncover and increase the heat for about 5 mins to reduce the sauce a little.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over.
More about "chicken tagine recipe by tasty"
MOROCCAN CHICKEN TAGINE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
Cuisine Jewish, MoroccanTotal Time 1 hrCategory DinnerCalories 367 per serving
- Combine the spices in a small bowl and set aside. Zest the lemon. Combine 1 teaspoon of the lemon zest with 1 minced garlic clove; set aside.
- Season both sides of chicken pieces with 2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Heat the oil in a large heavy-bottomed Dutch oven or pan over medium-high heat until beginning to smoke. Brown the chicken pieces skin side down in single layer until deep golden, about 5 minutes; using tongs, flip the chicken pieces over and brown the other side, about 4 minutes more. Transfer the chicken to a large plate; when cool enough to handle, peel off the skin and discard. Pour off and discard all but 1 tablespoon of fat from the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until they have browned at the edges but still retain their shape, 5 to 7 minutes (add a few tablespoons of water now and then if the pan gets too dark). Add the remaining minced garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the spices and flour and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the broth, honey, remaining lemon zest, and 1/4 teaspoon salt, scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to loosen any browned bits. Add the chicken (with any accumulated juices) back in, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the carrots, cover, and simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the carrots are tender-crisp, about 10 minutes more.
THE BEST MOROCCAN CHICKEN TAGINE RECIPE
Ratings 115Calories 424 per servingCategory Dinner, Entree, Lunch
CHICKEN TAGINE | TASTYCOOKERY
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Chicken
CHICKEN TAGINE - BUZZFEED
MOROCCAN CHICKEN TAGINE - AFRICAN FOOD NETWORK
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT CHICKEN TAGINE – HEALTHY TIPS
MOROCCAN CHICKEN TAGINE, TRADITIONAL RECIPE
CHICKEN TAJINE | RICARDO
CHICKEN TAGINE (PLUS VIDEO) - IMMACULATE BITES
CHICKEN TAGINE - EASY CHICKEN TAGINE RECIPE
ONE PAN CHICKEN TAGINE - ONCE UPON A FOOD BLOG
JAMIE OLIVER CHICKEN TAGINE - CHEFS & RECIPES
AN EASY, AUTHENTIC, MOROCCAN CHICKEN TAGINE RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN TAGINE • PROPER TASTY - YOUTUBE
CHICKEN TAGINE RECIPE BY TASTY
CHICKEN TAGINE WITH APRICOTS: AN EASY, DELICIOUS RECIPE
CHICKEN TAGINE WITH PRESERVED LEMONS | KEVIN IS COOKING
CHICKEN TAGINE RECIPE - MESA DE VIDA
CHICKEN TAGINE RECIPE - PETITEGOURMETS.COM
CHICKEN TAGINE RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
10 BEST CHICKEN BREAST TAGINE RECIPES | YUMMLY
30-MINUTE CHICKEN TAGINE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
SLOW COOKER MOROCCAN CHICKEN & OLIVE TAGINE - SKINNYTASTE
CHICKEN TAGINE RECIPE: THE FLAVORFUL CHICKEN STEW FROM MOROCCO
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN TAGINE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
CHICKEN TAGINE RECIPE | LEITE'S CULINARIA
EASY CHICKEN TAGINE – POWER THROUGH YOUR PLATE
CHICKEN TAGINE WITH CHICKPEAS | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
CHICKEN TAGINE WITH OLIVES AND LEMON: A TASTY RECIPE
MOROCCAN CHICKEN TAGINE - TAJINE DE POULET - TASTY RECIPE طاجين …
CHICKEN AND EGGPLANT TAGINE - DELICIOUSLY MEDITERRANEAN
SOUL-WARMING CHICKEN TAGINE RECIPE | LITTLE SPICE JAR
CHICKEN TAGINE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
ULTIMATE CHICKEN TAGINE RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
MOROCCAN CHICKEN TAGINE RECIPE - THE WANDERLUST KITCHEN
CHICKEN TAGINE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook Chicken Tagine in a pan?Add chicken and turn to coat well. Heat butter and 1 tablespoon oil in base of tagine (or in skillet), uncovered, over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, then brown half of chicken, skin sides down, turning over once, 8 to 12 minutes.
How do you cook tagine with parsley and cilantro?Tie cilantro and parsley into a bundle with kitchen string and add to tagine along with 1/2 cup water, chicken, and any juices accumulated on plate. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
How to cook chicken breast tagine with couscous?If you’re using a Dutch oven, simply bring the mixture to a boil, reduce it to a simmer, and cook for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the apricots are tender. Stir in some honey, almonds, and chick peas and serve this chicken breast tagine with couscous. Here’s the Recipe!
What is Moroccan Chicken Tagine?Sometimes it can be a mix of four or five vegetables, and the result is a heavenly mix of flavors. In Morocco, we cook the Moroccan chicken tagine in a traditional clay pot, also called tagine. This tagine clay pot helps slow cook the ingredients, concentrating the flavors and bringing the taste to a new level.