CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA
Make Indian takeout at home with Aarti Sequeira's Chicken in Creamy Tomato Curry: Chicken Tikka Masala, from Aarti Party on Food Network.
Provided by Aarti Sequeira
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 23
- For the marinade: In a large bowl, mix together the marinade ingredients. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Marinate at least 30 minutes, or in the refrigerator up to overnight.
- For the sauce: When you're ready to make the curry, place a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil and butter. When the butter has melted, add the Ginger-Garlic Paste and serrano peppers. Saute until lightly browned around the edges. Add the tomato paste and cook until the tomato has darkened in color, about 3 minutes. Add the garam masala and the paprika and saute for about 1 minute to draw out their flavors.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer, and cook until thickened, about 20 minutes. You may need more water depending on how much liquid the tomatoes give off.
- Meanwhile, fire up your grill. When it is nice and hot, lightly brush it with oil. Place the chicken on the grill, shaking off some of the excess marinade. Cook until it's charred, about 2 minutes on each side. (Don't worry that the chicken will still be a little uncooked, it finishes cooking in the sauce).
- Pour the sauce into a blender or food processor, or use an immersion blender, and process until smooth. Pour back into the skillet and bring back up to a boil. Add the chicken and fenugreek leaves, if using. Take the heat down to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes. Add the cream and stir through. Garnish with minced fresh cilantro, and serve over rice, with naan, or a crusty piece of bread!
- Throw the garlic, ginger, and canola oil in a mini-food processor and let it go until it forms a semi-smooth paste. There will still be tiny little pieces in there, but overall, it should resemble a paste.
- Save what you don't use in a small glass jar. It should last in the fridge for 2 to 3 weeks. It's a delicious addition to marinades, pasta sauces, stir fry sauces, slow-cooker recipes, gravy etc. We always had a jar of this stuff in our fridge growing up.
INDIAN CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA
- Combine tomatoes, yogurt, garlic, and ginger in a blender and process until smooth.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and fry until soft, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in curry paste and fry until fragrant, 1 minute more, stirring once or twice. Add the tomato mixture and chicken to the pan and mix together. Season with salt and pepper. Remove pan from heat.
- Mix water and flour together in a bowl. Stir into the chicken mixture in the frying pan. Return pan to the heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until thickened, about 15 minutes more. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 251.6 calories, Carbohydrate 13.8 g, Cholesterol 65.5 mg, Fat 10 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 26.2 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 399.1 mg, Sugar 6.5 g
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, black pepper, ginger, and salt. Stir in chicken, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Thread chicken onto skewers, and discard marinade. Grill until juices run clear, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and jalapeno for 1 minute. Season with 2 teaspoons cumin, paprika, and 1 teaspoon salt. Stir in tomato sauce and cream. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes. Add grilled chicken, and simmer for 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter, and garnish with fresh cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 403.5 calories, Carbohydrate 13.3 g, Cholesterol 143.2 mg, Fat 28.9 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 24.6 g, SaturatedFat 16.9 g, Sodium 1592.4 mg, Sugar 7.1 g
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA
This takeaway favourite is freezer-friendly and quick to reheat, giving you the chance to get ahead and save money.
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat the vegetable oil and butter in a large, lidded casserole on the hob, then add the onions and a pinch of salt. Cook for 15-20 mins until soft and golden.
- Add the tikka masala paste and peppers, then cook for 5 mins more to cook out the rawness of the spices.
- Add the chicken breasts and stir well to coat in the paste. Cook for 2 mins, then tip in the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and 200ml water. Cover with a lid and gently simmer for 15 mins, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the lid, stir through the mango chutney, double cream and natural yogurt, then gently warm through. Season, then set aside whatever you want to freeze. Will keep, in an airtight container, in the freezer for up to three months. Scatter the rest with coriander leaves and serve with basmati rice and naan bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 345 calories, Fat 19 grams fat, SaturatedFat 8 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 13 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 10 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 31 grams protein, Sodium 1.04 milligram of sodium
HOMEMADE CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA RECIPE BY TASTY
You've been itching for a change recently. You know, something to spice things up and throw a spanner into the monotony of routine. Enter: chicken tikka masala. Sure, it might take two days to throw together, but when you pair it with some fluffy steamed rice or buttery, garlic naan, it's well worth the wait. Don't believe us? Try it yourself!
Provided by Alvin Zhou
Yield 5 servings
Number Of Ingredients 27
- Slice the chicken into bite-sized chunks. Combine the cubed chicken with the yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, salt, cumin, garam masala, and paprika and stir until well-coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 500°F (260°C). Line a high-sided baking pan or roasting tray with parchment paper.
- Place the marinated chicken pieces on bamboo or wooden skewers, then set them over the prepared baking pan, making sure there is space underneath the chicken to help distribute the heat more evenly. Bake for about 15 minutes, until slightly dark brown on the edges.
- Make the sauce: Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, then sauté the onions, ginger, and garlic until tender but not browned. Add the cumin, turmeric, coriander, paprika, chili powder, and garam masala and stir constantly for about 30 seconds, until the spices are fragrant. Stir in the tomato puree, tomato sauce, and 1 ¼ cups of water, then bring to a boil and cook for about 5 minutes. Pour in the cream.
- Remove the chicken from the skewers and add to the sauce, cooking for another 1-2 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and serve over rice or alongside naan bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 485 calories, Carbohydrate 19 grams, Fat 34 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 34 grams, Sugar 10 grams
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA
If there's one dish guaranteed to be on every Indian restaurant menu, it's chicken tikka masala, which is composed of grilled chunks of chicken enveloped in a creamy spiced tomato sauce.
Provided by Julie Sahni
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 25
- Marinate the chicken:
- Use a fork to prick the chicken breasts all over on both sides. Arrange the chicken breasts on a large sheet of plastic wrap, spacing them apart from one another, then cover with a second large sheet of plastic wrap. Using the smooth side of a meat mallet or a rolling pin, beat the chicken until the breasts are an even 1/2- to 3/4-inch thickness.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, 1 tablespoon peanut oil, lime juice, and garlic. Add the pounded chicken, and rub the marinade over the meat. Set the chicken aside while you make the sauce.
- Make the sauce:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coriander, cumin, cardamom, nutmeg, paprika, cayenne, and grated ginger. In a heavy, wide 4-quart pot or sauté pan over moderately high heat, melt the butter. Add the onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, until light brown and caramelized, about 5 minutes. (Note that because they are sautéed so quickly over moderately high heat, the onions will not caramelize evenly.) Reduce the heat to moderate then stir in the spice and ginger mixture. Add the tomato purée, water, heavy cream, and salt, and bring the sauce to a boil. Reduce the heat to gently simmer the sauce, uncovered, until thickened slightly, about 10 minutes. DO AHEAD: The sauce can be prepared ahead and refrigerated, in an airtight container, up to 3 days.
- While sauce is simmering, cook chicken:
- Heat a heavy 11- to 12-inch griddle or skillet over moderately high heat until very hot and add 1/2 tablespoon of peanut oil. Working in two batches, cook the chicken breasts, turning them a few times and lowering the heat if the chicken chars too quickly, until just cooked through and browned well on both sides, 6 to 8 minutes total. Transfer the chicken as cooked to a cutting board. Wipe the griddle or skillet clean with a paper towel and cook the remaining chicken, adding the remaining 1/2 tablespoon peanut oil between batches.
- When all the chicken is cooked, cut it into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Add the chicken to the simmering sauce and continue to gently simmer it, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the black pepper and chopped cilantro, and season with salt. DO AHEAD: Chicken tikka masala can be prepared ahead, cooled, uncovered, and refrigerated, covered, up to 3 days.
- To serve:
- Transfer the chicken to a serving dish and garnish with additional cilantro sprigs. Serve with naan, and/or if desired with Basmati Rice .
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA
This creamy, spiced curry made with tomato and hunks of chicken is a longtime favorite of Indian food lovers. This version is streamlined a bit, making it not-quite-authentic, but truly accessible to anyone with a well-stocked pantry. It's also adapted for those without a grill, so the yogurt-marinated chicken spends a few minutes under the broiler to replicate the blackened, smoky bits. Finally, chicken breasts or thighs work equally well here.
Provided by Alison Roman
Categories curries, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Combine garam masala, turmeric, cumin, paprika, 1½ teaspoons kosher salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk 1 cup yogurt, lemon juice, 3 cloves of garlic, half the ginger and half the spice mixture together. Add chicken and toss to coat. Cover and chill at least 4 hours, up to 8 hours.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, heavy bottomed pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally until lightly browned in spots, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add tomato paste, remaining garlic, ginger and spice mixture and cook, stirring frequently until spices are fragrant and tomato paste has started caramelizing on the bottom of the pot, about 2 minutes.
- Crush tomatoes with your hands, leaving some larger bits and add them and any liquid left in the can to the pot along with the heavy cream and 1 cup water. Season with salt and pepper and stir, scraping up any bits from the bottom of the pot. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally until flavors meld and the sauce is thickened slightly, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and cover until chicken is ready (or after cooling, refrigerate if marinating chicken for more than 4 hours).
- Once chicken is ready, turn on the broiler and place oven rack about 6 inches away from heat source.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminium foil and place a wire rack inside the pan. Remove chicken from the marinade, scraping off any excess, and place the pieces on the rack. Broil just until lightly charred in spots, 5 to 7 minutes on the first side, before flipping pieces and broiling an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Bring tomato sauce to a simmer if it's not already. Remove chicken from the oven and transfer to spiced tomato sauce along with remaining ½ cup yogurt. Continue to simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thickened nicely, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide chicken among four bowls and top with cilantro. Serve with rice or naan for dipping.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 641, UnsaturatedFat 19 grams, Carbohydrate 26 grams, Fat 37 grams, Fiber 7 grams, Protein 53 grams, SaturatedFat 15 grams, Sodium 1314 milligrams, Sugar 14 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA DINNER KIT RECIPE BY TASTY
Tikka masala makes for the ultimate comfort food, and the beauty of this family friendly dish is that it comes together so quickly! Tasty dinner kits are now available in stores.
Provided by Tasty
Yield 5 helpings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Add water, salt and rice to a 2-quart saucepan; stir. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook 22-24 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, coat chicken pieces with seasoning in shallow bowl or plastic bag.
- Heat oil in 10-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully add chicken and onions; cook 7 to 9 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in Tikka Masala sauce and cream; cook 1-2 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve chicken and onions with rice. Sprinkle with optional toppings if desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 301 calories, Carbohydrate 5 grams, Fat 19 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 29 grams, Sugar 2 grams
More about "chicken tikka masala recipes"
CREAMY CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA | CANADIAN LIVING
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA RECIPE - DELISH
AUTHENTIC CHICKEN MASALA RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA POWDER RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA - RECIPES - HAIRY BIKERS
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA (SO EASY!) - SIMPLY RECIPES
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA - JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
EASY CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA RECIPE | EATINGWELL
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA | RICARDO
RESTAURANT CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA - GLEBE KITCHEN
BEST QUICK CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA RECIPES | QUICK AND EASY | FOOD …
SUPER SIMPLE COCONUT CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
10 BEST CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA - THE DARING GOURMET
AUTHENTIC CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA RECIPE| VIDEO - NISH KITCHEN
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
EASY CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
AUTHENTIC CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA CURRY RECIPE | MADHUR JAFFREY
EASY CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA - DAMN DELICIOUS
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA - ONCE UPON A CHEF
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA: AUTUMN SPICY FOOD TO WARM YOUR SOUL
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA - CAFE DELITES
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA RECIPE - NICKY'S KITCHEN SANCTUARY
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
MADHUR JAFFREY'S CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA - THE GUARDIAN
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA RECIPE - SWASTHI'S RECIPES
EASY CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA | FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA RECIPE - GOTOCHEF
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA – MODERN HONEY
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA | RECIPETIN EATS
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA (STEP BY STEP RECIPE WITH IMAGES)
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA RECIPE - VICE
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #main-dish #poultry #asian #indian #oven #dinner-party #chicken #meat #equipment
You'll also love