CHICKEN TINOLA (FILIPINO TINOLANG MANOK)
Rich flavorful chicken broth, tender chicken, and fresh vegetables--this chicken tinola recipe is a great variant on chicken soup for those days when you want to sit under a warm blanket and relax.
Provided by MG Sanchez
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Pat the chicken dry and put it in a storage container. Pour two tablespoons of fish sauce into the bowl and mix to make sure the chicken is thoroughly coated. Cover the container with a lid and marinate on the counter for at least two hours. Note: If you put the chicken in the fridge to marinate, you need to remove it at least 20 minutes before cooking to bring it to room temperature, otherwise the chicken will cook unevenly.
- In a pot over medium heat, add the vegetable oil and the onions. Saute for about one to two minutes or until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for one minute until fragrant, but not burned.
- Add the chicken into the pot and stir all the ingredients. Continue to the chicken in the pot for 6-8 minutes or until the chicken is brown on the outside, or the internal chicken temperature reads 135 °F.
- Add the water and the rest of the fish sauce into the pot and stir. Raise the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and continue a simmer for about 30 minutes covered with the lid.
- Remember to stir occasionally and skim the fat and scum off the top of the soup.
- Add the chayote and continue to cook for 8 minutes or until the chayote is soft and you can pierce it easily with a fork.
- Add all the spinach.
- Immediately add all the moringa, then cook for up to one minute to soften the leaves.
- Taste test the soup and add the black pepper. If necessary, add additional salt or pepper to taste. The chicken should be tender and the internal temperature should read 165 °F.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 198.61 kcal, Carbohydrate 7.79 g, Protein 14.71 g, Fat 12.11 g, SaturatedFat 4.15 g, Cholesterol 47.15 mg, Sodium 950.17 mg, Fiber 1.11 g, Sugar 1.36 g, ServingSize 1 serving
TINOLA (FILIPINO GINGER-GARLIC CHICKEN SOUP)
Tinola, a comforting chicken soup seasoned with plenty of ginger and garlic, has countless variations throughout the Philippines. The soup calls for malunggay leaves (aka moringa), which can be found fresh or frozen at Asian markets. Bok choy is a good substitute. Feel free to increase the amounts of garlic and fish sauce for an even more flavorful soup. Serve this easy and healthy chicken soup on its own or with jasmine rice, quinoa or wild rice.
Provided by Natalia B. Roxas
Categories Healthy Chicken Soup Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, ginger and garlic; cook, stirring, until the onion starts to turn translucent, about 3 minutes. Add chicken and broth; cook, stirring, until the chicken is just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add papaya (or chayote), malunggay (or bok choy), fish sauce, salt and pepper; continue simmering until the vegetables are tender and the flavors have melded, about 5 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 344.2 calories, Carbohydrate 14.2 g, Cholesterol 75.5 mg, Fat 20.5 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 27.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 663 mg, Sugar 6.1 g
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat; cook and stir the onion and garlic in the hot oil until fragrant. Quickly stir the ginger and fish sauce into the onion and garlic mixture before adding the chicken; cook together for 5 minutes. Pour the chicken broth over the mixture and cook another 5 minutes. Add the chayote to the mixture and simmer until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper. Add the bok choy and spinach; cook until the spinach is just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 531.9 calories, Carbohydrate 14.1 g, Cholesterol 207.8 mg, Fat 22.9 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 65.5 g, SaturatedFat 5.7 g, Sodium 1550.9 mg, Sugar 6 g
- Cook the rice as the label directs. Set aside off the heat, 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a dutch oven or other large pot over medium-high heat. Season the chicken thighs generously with salt and pepper. Working in batches if necessary, add the chicken to the pot, skin-side down, and cook until lightly browned and the fat has rendered, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Reduce the heat under the pot to medium. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the fish sauce and cook until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add the chicken and chayotes to the pot and reduce the heat to medium to maintain a steady simmer. Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Add the bok choy, cover and cook until tender, about 5 more minutes.
- Divide the stew among bowls. Serve with the rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 880, Fat 50 grams, SaturatedFat 12 grams, Cholesterol 236 milligrams, Sodium 1455 milligrams, Carbohydrate 52 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 56 grams, Sugar 5 grams
Provided by Food Network
Yield Serves 4-6
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Saute the garlic, onion and ginger in hot oil. Add chicken and cook until browned. Add fish sauce and water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until chicken is tender, about 30 minutes. Add papaya and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add pepper leaves and cover. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Salt to taste.
I can't believe there's no recipe for Tinola on this site. it's a staple of Filipino cuisine, and it's basically a ginger chicken stewish soup. I've modified my mom's recipe to include only chicken breasts, as the original includes all sorts of chicken parts that I don't eat. As Filipino recipes are meant to be taste-tested at every step and tweaked to one's liking, these should only be general guidelines to help you perfect your own Tinola recipe.
Provided by enigmused
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Saute garlic, onion and ginger in oil for 30 seconds over med heat.
- Add chicken and saute until chicken meat turns white. Add fish sauce.
- Cover and simmer until chicken is almost completely cooked (7-10 min.). At this point, there will be a fair amount of broth, since all the juices from the chicken are coming out.
- Add water (I usually add 3/4 cup and that gives me a pretty good, concentrated flavor. my mom adds a little more than a cup, and the flavor is much mellower and sometimes I add more fish sauce at the table. really, you should just experiment).
- Add chayote and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300.1, Fat 13.6, SaturatedFat 3.9, Cholesterol 92.8, Sodium 2181.9, Carbohydrate 10.5, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 4.5, Protein 33
More about "chicken tinola recipes"
TINOLANG MANOK RECIPE (CHICKEN TINOLA) - PILIPINAS …
FILIPINO NATIVE CHICKEN TINOLA RECIPE - PANLASANG PINOY …
CHICKEN TINOLA - PINOYCOOKINGRECIPES
TINOLANG MANOK (CHICKEN TINOLA) - KAWALING PINOY
CHICKEN TINOLA (TINOLANG MANOK) - FOXY FOLKSY
CHICKEN TINOLA (TINOLANG MANOK) RECIPE | PINOY FOOD GUIDE
CHICKEN TINOLA (TINOLANG MANOK) RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE …
CHICKEN TINOLA RECIPE
ANTON'S CHICKEN TINOLA
CHICKEN TINOLA (TINOLANG MANOK) - HAPPY TUMMY RECIPES
CHICKEN TINOLA - FILIPINO FOOD FOR COMFORT - COOK ME JOY
TINOLANG MANOK/CHICKEN TINOLA RECIPE/PINOY - YOUTUBE
CHICKEN TINOLA RECIPE (CHICKEN PAPAYA SOUP)
CHICKEN TINOLA - MY ASIAN RECIPE
QUICK CHICKEN TINOLA RECIPE (FILIPINO CHICKEN SOUP) - ASIA MAKES
BEST CHICKEN TINOLA RECIPE: CLEAR, FLAVORFUL, GINGERY CHICKEN SOUP
HOW TO COOK THE BEST CHICKEN TINOLA - EAT LIKE PINOY
TINOLANG MANOK INSTANT POT FILIPINO RECIPE | CHICKEN TINOLA
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN TINOLA: 11 STEPS (WITH PICTURES) - WIKIHOW
CHICKEN TINOLA - YUMMY KITCHEN
CHICKEN TINOLA RECIPE - HEALTHY RECIPES 101
CHICKEN TINOLA RECIPE: HEALTHY HEARTWARMING SOUP [TINOLANG …
CHICKEN TINOLA RECIPE (TINOLANG MANOK) | MAGGI®
TINOLANG MANOK (CHICKEN TINOLA) RECIPE - PINOY DELISH
CHICKEN TINOLA RECIPE - WHAT TO EAT PH
SIMPLE CHICKEN TINOLA – LOLA KUSINERA
CHICKEN TINOLA | FILIPINO CHICKEN RECIPES | MAGNOLIA CHICKEN
SAVORY CHICKEN TINOLA WITH SPINACH - BRING ON THE SPICE
TINOLANG MANOK (CHICKEN TINOLA) - EASY FILIPINO COOKING
CHICKEN TINOLA - DEVOUR.ASIA
CHICKEN TINOLA - WHAT'S BARB COOKING
TINOLANG MANOK (CHICKEN TINOLA) - SALU SALO RECIPES
CHICKEN IN COCONUT MILK (CHICKEN TINOLA WITH GATA)
21 CHICKEN TINOLA RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
CHICKEN TINOLA SA UPO – LOLA KUSINERA
CHICKEN TINOLA | KNORR
CHICKEN TINOLA WITH AJINOMOTO BRAND CHICKEN POWDER MIX
CHICKEN TINOLA - FOOD RECIPES
WHOLE CHICKEN SOUP WITH VEGETABLES: FILIPINO CHICKEN TINOLA
HOW TO COOK CHICKEN TINOLA RECIPE – HEARTY TONGUE
INSTANT POT CHICKEN TINOLA: A GREATNESS IN FLAVOR - RECIPEDEV
CHICKEN TINOLA FILIPINO RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook chicken tinola in a pan?Chicken Tinola Cooking Instructions: In a large pan, heat oil and saute’ garlic, onion, tomatoes, chicken and ginger. When the tomatoes are cooked add water and lemongrass. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes or until chicken is almost done.
What is the flavor of chicken tinola?Tender and moist chicken, al dente chayote, fragrant ginger, and fresh malunggay leaves–this chicken tinola recipe is a comforting and delicious chicken soup when you want to curl up under a blanket. As a traditional Filipino dish, it’s loaded with familiar flavor profiles of ginger and fish sauce.
What is chicken tinola soup?Chicken tinola is a healthy, tasty, and comforting soup that's perfect for cold weather. It's delicious on its own or with steamed rice. In a pot over medium heat, heat oil.
What to serve with chicken tinola?This Filipino family recipe is a simple but flavorful dish packed with seasoning from salt, ginger and garlic. It is best served with some warm, fluffy white rice and can be accompanied with a sour plum dish or fish dipping sauce. For healthier alternatives, you can use brown rice to go with the Chicken Tinola.