ROASTED CHICKEN WITH BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
- Whisk the vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper in small bowl to blend. Combine the vinaigrette and chicken pieces in a large resealable plastic bag; seal the bag and toss to coat. Refrigerate, turning the chicken pieces occasionally, for at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Remove chicken from the bag and arrange the chicken pieces on a large greased baking dish. Roast until the chicken is just cooked through, about 1 hour. If your chicken browns too quickly, cover it with foil for the remaining cooking time. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter. Place the baking dish on a burner over medium-low heat. Whisk the chicken broth into the pan drippings, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the baking sheet with a wooden spoon and mixing them into the broth and pan drippings. Drizzle the pan drippings over the chicken. Sprinkle the lemon zest and parsley over the chicken, and serve.
ROAST CHICKEN VINAIGRETTE
The flavours of this one-pot dish marry beautifully, with the vinaigrette a welcome, summery change from traditional gravy
Provided by Matt Tebbutt
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Mash the butter with the lemon juice, sage and some seasoning. Gently separate the skin from the chicken using your hand - start from the bottom of the breast, moving round to the legs, and be careful not to break the skin. Rub the butter underneath. Season the cavity and stuff with half the garlic cloves. Place the potatoes and a few of the remaining garlic cloves in the base of a large roasting tray, drizzle with half the olive oil and place the chicken on top.
- Fill each pepper half with a crushed garlic clove and a quarter of the plum tomatoes, drizzle with remaining olive oil and season. Place around the outside of the chicken and pour over the stock.
- Roast for 1 hr 50 mins or until the juices run clear. Add the courgettes after 1 hr, tossing them in the oil in the pan. Remove and allow to rest for 30 mins, then place the chicken and veg on a serving plate.
- Mix the mustard with the red wine vinegar, olive oil and seasoning. Skim any excess fat off the cooking juices and place in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil then remove from the heat and whisk in the vinaigrette. Spoon over the chicken and vegetables, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 962 calories, Fat 65 grams fat, SaturatedFat 28 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 36 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 9 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 60 grams protein, Sodium 0.73 milligram of sodium
CHICKEN IN VINEGAR
From the cookbook author Anne Willan, I learned her version of this classic recipe during my stay at her home in Burgundy. To tell the truth, I like it even better than sauteed chicken in wine, because the extra acid and lack of cream makes a tangier, less cloying dish.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet until foaming, then, a few pieces at a time, brown the chicken well on all sides. You're not cooking the chicken here; just making the skin crisp and giving it color, so 5 minutes per side is about right. Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook about 10 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the vinegar and boil to reduce by half, 10 to 15 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan. Add the tomatoes and tomato paste. Using a piece of kitchen twine, tie together the thyme, parsley, and bay leaf. Add the herb bundle to the chicken and simmer, uncovered, until the meat falls from the bone, about 30 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a dish, cover, and keep warm.
- Pour the stock into the pan juices and boil until thickened, about 10 minutes. Strain into a saucepan, and if it's still not concentrated enough for you liking, boil it down a little more. Whisk in the remaining tablespoon of butter. Season, and pour over the chicken. Serve with chopped parsley, sprinkled over, and with a bowl of roasted or mashed potatoes on the side.
DUTCH OVEN CHICKEN AND VINAIGRETTE
This is a simple dish: chicken that's a little bit braised and a little bit roasted in a covered Dutch oven. The seasonings - garlic, onions, herbs and lemon - are basic and border on assertive until they cook together, when their aromas intensify and their flavors soften. Putting half the aromatics in the pot with oil and wine, tucking the other half inside the chicken and cooking in this enclosed, steamy environment means that everything that goes into the pot goes into the chicken. When the chicken's cooked through, pour off the pan juices, crush the tender garlic and add sharp mustard and vinegar to make a vinaigrette that's as good over salad greens as over the chicken.
Provided by Dorie Greenspan
Categories dinner, poultry, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Make the chicken: Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of the olive oil into a Dutch oven large enough to hold the chicken, then toss in all but 1 piece of the onion. Add the garlic and 4 sprigs each of the thyme and rosemary. Stir to coat, then season generously with salt and pepper.
- Pat the chicken dry, season the inside with salt and pepper, and tuck in the remaining piece of onion and herb sprigs. Rub the chicken with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Squeeze the juice from the lemon half over the bird, and then pop the lemon inside it with the herbs and onion. Settle the chicken into the pot, breast side up. Pour in the wine and cover.
- Roast the chicken for 60 minutes, then check on it: It's done when a thermometer plunged into the thickest part of the thigh has reached 165 degrees. If it's done but doesn't have enough color for you, you can run it under the broiler for a few minutes; if it's not done, remove the lid and continue to roast until done, 15 to 30 minutes more. Transfer the chicken to a platter, cover loosely with a foil tent, and let rest.
- While the chicken rests, make the vinaigrette: Pour off the pan drippings, measure out 6 tablespoons and return them to the pot. (If your drippings are scant or very dark, you can still use them. Keep any extra drippings for another use.) Hold onto the garlic but discard the onion and herbs from the pot. Place the pot over medium heat, pour in 1/2 cup water, and boil for a couple of minutes, scraping the bottom of the pan to pick up any stuck bits. You should have about 1/3 cup of drippings; if they're very chunky, strain them when you add them to the vinaigrette.
- Working in a medium bowl, mash 6 to 8 cloves of the soft garlic with the mustard, then whisk in the vinegar. Slowly whisk in the reserved liquid, followed by the walnut oil, if using. Taste for salt and pepper, then pour the vinaigrette into a small pitcher.
- To serve, carve the chicken, cutting it into quarters or eighths, and arrange on the platter. Pour over a little of the vinaigrette. Dress the salad greens lightly with vinaigrette and serve on the platter or in a shallow bowl. Pass the rest of the sauce at the table.
This wonderful one pot dish is put together in no time at all. It makes such a delicious supper, your family will be requesting it often.-Jean Pare, Vermilion, Alberta
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove and keep warm. In the drippings, saute onion and garlic until tender. Stir in the carrots, potatoes, water and seasonings; top with chicken. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in additional water if needed. Add peppers and green onions. Cover and cook until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar; heat through.
Nutrition Facts :
SHEET PAN CHICKEN AND VEGGIES WITH MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE
Want to serve your family a well rounded, nutritious meal but running short on time? This easy sheet pan dinner is the answer. It's the perfect balance of sweet and savory, with crispy-skinned, juicy chicken thighs, crisp-tender veggies, and a tangy sauce. Plus it's super affordable and requires minimal cleanup.
Provided by NicoleMcmom
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Prepare chicken and veggies: Toss Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, and onion on the prepared pan with 1 tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; spread into a single layer.
- Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and nestle it, skin-side up, in between the veggies on the baking sheet. Brush remaining oil on skin.
- Roast in preheated oven 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, golden and crisp. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- While the sheet pan dinner is cooking, prepare vinaigrette. Whisk mustard, vinegar, maple syrup, salt, and cayenne together in a small bowl until well combined.
- Drizzle sauce over veggies and chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 536.3 calories, Carbohydrate 64.3 g, Cholesterol 87.4 mg, Fat 17.4 g, Fiber 12.6 g, Protein 32.1 g, SaturatedFat 3.9 g, Sodium 1195.5 mg, Sugar 16.8 g
YUMMY BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE CHICKEN BREASTS
I had this in a pile with other recipes. I am marinating my chicken now and will prepare this for dinner this evening. I'm posting it for safe keeping. To save calories, you could substitute chicken broth for the olive oil. Prep time does not include marinating time in the refrigerator.
Provided by Debaylady
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, honey, salt and mustard.
- Mix well with a whisk.
- Place chicken in a glass dish. Pour 4 tablespoons vinaigrette over chicken.
- Marinate 25 minutes in the refrigerator, turning once.
- Grill or saute' chicken breasts until done.
- Use balance of vinaigrette to drizzle on your dinner salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 328.9, Fat 19.4, SaturatedFat 2.9, Cholesterol 68.4, Sodium 371.8, Carbohydrate 10.8, Sugar 10.8, Protein 27.3
CHICKEN LEGS WITH BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
Just a handful of ingredients give this mouthwatering meal maker its light, lemony flavor. -Leslie Palmer, Swampscott, Massachusetts
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large shallow dish, combine the first 6 ingredients. Add the chicken; turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Drain and discard marinade., Place chicken in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° until juices run clear, basting occasionally with pan juices, 45-50 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 261 calories, Fat 15g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 90mg cholesterol, Sodium 202mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ROAST CHICKEN WITH MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE
- To make chicken:
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Pat chicken dry. Season cavity with salt and pepper. Place shallot, 2 rosemary sprigs and 2 sage sprigs in cavity. Slide hand between chicken skin and meat over breast to form pockets. Spread 2 tablespoons vinaigrette under skin over breast meat. Tie legs together to hold shape; tuck wings under body. Place chicken in roasting pan. Brush 2 tablespoons vinaigrette over chicken. Sprinkle with chopped rosemary and sage. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast chicken 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Continue roasting until juices run clear when chicken is pierced in thickest part of thigh, basting occasionally with pan juices, about 1 hour 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 1 hour. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.)
- Place chicken and herb sprigs on platter. Serve with remaining vinaigrette.
ROTISSERIE VINAIGRETTE CHICKEN SALAD
A simple and delicious chicken salad you can put together in no time. The flavors of the rotisserie chicken mingled with the vinaigrette dressing and veggies Are delightful. This recipe makes extra dressing, so keep some in the fridge for another salad. I always make extra and this recipe accounts for that ;)
Provided by Vseward Chef-V
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place all the ingredients in a screw-top jar and shake to combine. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- In a large bowl toss Romaine lettuce, chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, celery and.
- Dressing until evenly coated.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
- Whisk the vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper in small bowl to blend.
- Combine the vinaigrette and chicken pieces in a large resealable plastic bag; seal the bag and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate, turning the chicken pieces occasionally, for at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove chicken from the bag and arrange the chicken pieces on a large greased baking dish.
- Roast until the chicken is just cooked through, about 1 hour.
- If your chicken browns too quickly, cover it with foil for the remaining cooking time.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving platter.
- Place the baking dish on a burner over medium-low heat.
- Whisk the chicken broth into the pan drippings, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the baking sheet with a wooden spoon and mixing them into the broth and pan drippings.
- Drizzle the pan drippings over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the lemon zest and parsley over the chicken, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480.4, Fat 35.8, SaturatedFat 9.5, Cholesterol 142.6, Sodium 198.7, Carbohydrate 3, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 1.8, Protein 34.2
CHICKEN WITH VINEGAR
Jean-Georges Vongerichten learned how to make this recipe from the great Paul Bocuse, who added it to his repertoire while cooking for Eugenie Brazier, his teacher at La Mère Brazier in Lyon, France. Chicken with vinegar is one of the great poultry dishes from that area, where the chickens are considered by many to be the best in the world. Mr. Bocuse insisted that it was neither the amount of work nor the cost of ingredients that determined the worthiness of a dish, but how it tasted. The variations are numerous, but the piercing flavor of vinegar is so dominant that it matters little whether you use shallots or garlic, thyme or tarragon. One technical note: Most wine vinegar sold in the United States has an acidity level of 7 percent; many French vinegars are just 5 percent acidity. So it's best to cut strong vinegar with some water.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories dinner, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Set a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; when it is hot, place chicken in the skillet, skin side down. Cook undisturbed for about 5 minutes, or until chicken is nicely browned. Turn and cook 3 minutes on the other side. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place skillet in the oven. Cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until almost done (juices will run clear, and there will be just a trace of pink near the bone). Remove chicken to an ovenproof platter. Place it in the oven; turn off the heat, and leave the door slightly ajar.
- Pour all but 2 tablespoons of the cooking juices out of the skillet (discard them). Place skillet over medium-high heat, and add shallots; sprinkle them with a little salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, until tender, about 2 minutes. Add vinegar, and raise the heat to high. Cook a minute or two, or until the powerful acrid smell has subsided somewhat. Add 1/2 cup water, and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring, until the mixture is slightly reduced and somewhat thickened. Stir in butter, if desired.
- Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet, and turn the chicken in the sauce. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 579, UnsaturatedFat 28 grams, Carbohydrate 3 grams, Fat 42 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 43 grams, SaturatedFat 11 grams, Sodium 972 milligrams, Sugar 1 gram, TransFat 0 grams
More about "chicken vinaigrette recipes"
GREEK CHICKEN WITH ROASTED SPRING VEGETABLES & LEMON VINAIGRETTE
FLATTENED CHICKEN WITH ALMOND & PAPRIKA VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
CHICKEN WITH BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
CITRUS VINAIGRETTE GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
VINAIGRETTE CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
POULET AU VINAIGRE (CHICKEN WITH VINEGAR) | AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN
BEST WARM CHICKEN SALAD WITH ORANGE VINAIGRETTE RECIPES | FOOD …
CRISPY CHICKEN THIGHS WITH SCHMALTZY VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | COOKING …
CHICKEN VINAIGRETTE - PLAIN.RECIPES
CHICKEN BREASTS WITH BROWN BUTTER-CHICKEN VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
VINAIGRETTE DRESSING RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST RASPBERRY VINAIGRETTE CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
POULET AU VINAIGRE (CHICKEN IN VINEGAR) RECIPE | EATINGWELL
ROAST CHICKEN VINAIGRETTE - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
CHICKEN IN VINEGAR SAUCE - LIDIA
BEST CHICKEN IN VINEGAR RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
CHICKEN VINAIGRETTE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
CHICKEN WITH CHARRED-ROSEMARY VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
CHICKEN SALAD WITH OLIVE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
10 BEST VINEGAR CHICKEN MARINADE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEST VINEGAR CHICKEN RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN WITH VINEGAR, …
CHICKEN VINAIGRETTE - BIGOVEN.COM
CRAZY GOOD CHICKEN - TWISTDQ.COM
CHICKEN VINAIGRETTE - BOSS KITCHEN
DUTCH OVEN CHICKEN AND VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - MY BLOG
HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN BREAST - RECIPETIN EATS
ROASTED CHICKEN AND VEGGIES WITH GARLIC HERB VINAIGRETTE
GREEK CHICKEN WITH ROASTED SPRING VEGETABLES & LEMON VINAIGRETTE RECIPE ...
CHICKEN WITH VINEGAR AND ONIONS (POULET AU VINAIGRE)
7 BASIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPES - SWEET PEAS AND SAFFRON
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH CARAMELIZED LEMON VINAIGRETTE
CHICKEN AND SHALLOTS IN RED WINE VINEGAR (POULET AU VINAIGRE)
VINAIGRETTE CHICKEN RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make chicken salad with vinaigrette?Directions. Whisk the vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper in small bowl to blend. Combine the vinaigrette and chicken pieces in a large resealable plastic bag; seal the bag and toss to coat. Refrigerate, turning the chicken pieces occasionally, for at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
How do you cook chicken thighs in vinegar?So it's best to cut strong vinegar with some water. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Set a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; when it is hot, place chicken in the skillet, skin side down. Cook undisturbed for about 5 minutes, or until chicken is nicely browned. Turn and cook 3 minutes on the other side.
What is chicken with vinegar?Chicken with vinegar is one of the great poultry dishes from that area, where the chickens are considered by many to be the best in the world. Mr. Bocuse insisted that it was neither the amount of work nor the cost of ingredients that determined the worthiness of a dish, but how it tasted.
How do I make a vinegar and vinegar sauce?Preparation. Place skillet over medium-high heat, and add shallots; sprinkle them with a little salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, until tender, about 2 minutes. Add vinegar, and raise the heat to high. Cook a minute or two, or until the powerful acrid smell has subsided somewhat. Add 1/2 cup water, and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring,...