SPRING VEGETABLE & CAULIFLOWER TABBOULEH
Grated cauliflower replaces the grains in this twist on a Middle Eastern salad with parsley, mint, asparagus and courgette
Provided by Jane Hornby
Categories Buffet, Lunch, Side dish, Supper, Vegetable
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Grate the cauliflower on the coarse side of a box grater, stopping only when you get to the very hard central core. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan, add the cauliflower with some seasoning and fry over a medium heat for 3 mins, stirring regularly. Splash in the stock, stir, then cover the pan and cook for 3-4 mins more. Stir once or twice during cooking until the cauliflower is just tender and the stock is absorbed. Spread over a plate and leave to cool. Wipe out the pan.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and add the asparagus stems, courgette and seasoning. Fry over a high heat until turning golden, about 3 mins. Add the asparagus tips, fry for 2 mins more, then leave to cool.
- Mix the zest and lemon juice, and the sugar, capers, oil and some seasoning. Chop the herbs fairly finely, then tip into a large bowl with the cauliflower, vegetables and spring onions. When ready to eat, add the dressing and mix well. Mound onto a serving plate, drizzle with a little more oil, then cut the remaining zested lemon into wedges and serve alongside.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 223 calories, Fat 16 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 9 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 6 grams fiber, Protein 7 grams protein, Sodium 0.4 milligram of sodium
- Place the bulghur in a large bowl, pour in the boiling water, and add the lemon juice, olive oil, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Stir, then allow to stand at room temperature for about 1 hour.
- Add the scallions, mint, parsley, cucumber, tomatoes, 2 teaspoons salt, and the pepper; mix well. Season, to taste, and serve or cover and refrigerate. The flavor will improve if the tabbouleh sits for a few hours.
A simple, budget, spring salad that can add a healthy dose of vegetables to your midweek meal. This easy vegan dish also makes great leftover lunches
Provided by Sophie Godwin - Cookery writer
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. Mix 4 tbsp oil with the garam masala and some seasoning. Toss with the chickpeas in a large roasting tin, then cook for 15 mins until starting to crisp. Tip in the mixed grains, peas and lemon zest. Mix well, then return to the oven for about 10 mins until warmed through.
- Transfer to a large bowl or platter, then toss through the herbs, radishes, cucumber, remaining oil and lemon juice. Season to taste and scatter over the pomegranate seeds. Any leftovers will be good for lunch the next day.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 613 calories, Fat 22 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 74 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 10 grams sugar, Fiber 16 grams fiber, Protein 20 grams protein
SPRING PEA TABBOULEH
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Combine 3/4 cup bulgur and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt in a medium bowl. Add 1 1/4 cups boiling water and stir, then cover and let stand until tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain any excess water. Stir in 1 cup each sliced snow peas and snap peas and 3 tablespoons each olive oil, rice vinegar and chopped parsley, mint and chives; season with salt and pepper.
More about "spring tabbouleh recipes"
TABBOULEH RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
5/5 (3)Category Flatbread RecipesServings 4Total Time 40 mins
- Put the bulgur wheat in a bowl, pour over cold water to cover and rub your fingers through the grains to remove excess starch. Drain through a sieve, tip back into the bowl and just cover with boiling water from the kettle. Leave to soak for 10 minutes, no longer.
- Drain the bulgur wheat well, tip onto a clean tea towel and press out the excess water. Transfer to a large dry mixing bowl.
- 20 minutes before you are ready to serve, finely dice the tomatoes, mix them into the bulgur and set aside for a few minutes for the flavours to mingle.
- Just before serving, bunch up the parsley and slice the leaves across as finely as you can but don’t chop them. Slice the mint leaves in the same way.
TABBOULEH RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER VEGETARIAN SALAD RECIPES
Servings 4Total Time 30 minsCategory SidesCalories 288 per serving
- Drain and set aside to cool. Trim and finely slice the spring onions, halve the tomatoes, then pick and finely chop the herb leaves.Mix the cooled lentils with the spring onions, tomatoes, herbs and 4 tablespoons of oil.
SPRING RAGOUT RECIPE - 101 COOKBOOKS
Category Quick RecipesEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
SPRING TABBOULEH RECIPE - 101 COOKBOOKS
Category Quick RecipesEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
LEBANESE TABBOULEH RECIPE BY ZAATAR AND ZAYTOUN - LEBANESE ...
5/5 (3)Category SaladCuisine LebaneseTotal Time 30 mins
SPRING TABBOULEH WITH HARISSA AND GRILLED HALLOUMI • THE ...
Reviews 10Category Appetizer, SaladCuisine Middle EasternTotal Time 1 hr 10 mins
- Place the bulgur in a large bowl, pour in the boiling water, then stir in the lemon juice, olive oil, and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Allow the mixture to stand at room temperature for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until the bulgur has absorbed most of the water. It will still have a bit of bite, but the texture will be perfect in the final dish.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Fill a large bowl with ice and cool water. Add the fava beans to the pot and simmer until they turn bright green, about 2 minutes. Skim them out of the boiling water, and plunge them into the ice water. When cool enough to handle, taste a bean; if the outer skin tastes tough or bitter, slip them out of their skins by piercing the skin with your thumb nail and squeezing the bean out.
- When the bulgur and vegetables are ready, drain the chilled vegetables and add them to the bulgur along with the remaining teaspoon of salt, the black pepper, scallions, mint and parsley. Taste the tabbouleh, adding more salt, lemon juice, or olive oil if you think it needs it. Chill the tabbouleh while you prepare the cheese, or cover and chill for up to a few hours.
SPRING VEGETABLE AND HERB TABBOULEH SALAD RECIPE - …
5/5 (2)Category Salad RecipesServings 4Total Time 30 mins
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with paper towels. Pat the chickpeas dry with paper towels and remove the outer skin. In a medium saucepan, heat 1/2 inch of vegetable oil to 375°. Working in batches and using a slotted spoon, carefully lower the chickpeas into the hot oil and fry until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes. Transfer the chickpeas to the prepared baking sheet to drain. Season immediately with the cumin and salt.
- In a large saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the asparagus and snap peas until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes; drain well. Return the water to a boil and cook the bulgur until tender, about 10 minutes; drain well.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lemon juice, vinegar and honey. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the bulgur with the asparagus, snap peas, lemon zest and herbs. Fold in the dressing and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the salad to a serving bowl, garnish with the fried chickpeas and serve.
SPRING TABBOULEH | RECIPES | FUSTINI'S OILS AND VINEGARS
Servings 4Category Potatoes, Pastas And Grains
- Fill a saucepan with 1 1/2 cups of broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, remove from the heat, stir in couscous, cover, and steam for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool.
- Place lentils and remaining 3 cups of broth in another saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Once simmering, cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until tender. Drain, rinse and set aside to cool.
- Cook asparagus, either grilling, steaming or boiling until tender and set aside to cool. In a large bowl, place parsley, scallions, mint, almonds, balsamic, olive oil, and lemon juice, stir to combine. Add couscous, lentils, asparagus, and fava beans and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
QUINOA ASPARAGUS SALAD (AKA SPRING TABOULI) – FEASTING AT HOME
5/5 (10)Total Time 30 minsCategory SaladsCalories 245 per serving
- Rinse the quinoa and place it in a pot with the water and pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, cover, lower heat, and allow it to simmer on low heat for 12-15 minutes. Turn off heat, and let sit covered for 5 -10 minutes, then uncover, fluff with a fork and let it cool.
- While the quinoa is cooking, blanch the peas and asparagus in salted boiling water for just a few minutes, until bright and tender. Rinse under cold water.
- Place the cooled quinoa and blanched veggies in a bowl. Add the scallions, dill and almonds and give a toss. Add the oil, lemon zest and lemon juice and salt, pepper and stir again.
- Taste, adjust salt and lemon, adding more if you like. If you are making this ahead, be sure to taste before serving as flavors will mellow – so I’ll usually add a little more salt and lemon.
SPRING TABBOULEH SALAD | FARMBELLY
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
MIDDLE EASTERN TABOULEH SALAD | RECIPES | DELIA ONLINE
Cuisine Middle EasternCategory Delia's Summer CollectionServings 6-8Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH SPRING GREEN TABBOULEH AND TARRAGON ...
Servings 4-6Total Time 45 minsCategory Dinner
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT TABBOULEH | MIDDLE EASTERN FOOD ...
Author Felicity CloakeEstimated Reading Time 6 mins
RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD RECIPES, VEGGIE RECIPES, RECIPES
SPRING TABBOULEH – LIQUID GOLD TASTING BAR & ALL THINGS ...
SPRING TABBOULEH | COOKING GOALS
EAT YOUR (SPRING) GREENS: SEASONAL RECIPES TO HIT RESET ...
GLUTEN-FREE TABBOULEH - LIVE ENERGIZED
SPRING TABBOULEH | RECIPES | RECIPE IN 2021 | TABBOULEH ...
SPRING TABBOULEH – PRAIRIE OILS & VINEGARS
SPRING “TABBOULEH” – BULGUR SALAD WITH LEMON, RADISHES AND ...
SPRING TABBOULEH RECIPE - 101 COOKBOOKS - PINTEREST.CA
SPRING TABBOULEH SALAD WITH RUBY GRAPEFRUIT VINAIGRETTE ...
SPRING TABBOULEH – DRESSED BY AN OLIVE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions