A simple, budget, spring salad that can add a healthy dose of vegetables to your midweek meal. This easy vegan dish also makes great leftover lunches
Provided by Sophie Godwin - Cookery writer
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. Mix 4 tbsp oil with the garam masala and some seasoning. Toss with the chickpeas in a large roasting tin, then cook for 15 mins until starting to crisp. Tip in the mixed grains, peas and lemon zest. Mix well, then return to the oven for about 10 mins until warmed through.
- Transfer to a large bowl or platter, then toss through the herbs, radishes, cucumber, remaining oil and lemon juice. Season to taste and scatter over the pomegranate seeds. Any leftovers will be good for lunch the next day.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 613 calories, Fat 22 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 74 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 10 grams sugar, Fiber 16 grams fiber, Protein 20 grams protein
SPRING PEA TABBOULEH
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Combine 3/4 cup bulgur and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt in a medium bowl. Add 1 1/4 cups boiling water and stir, then cover and let stand until tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain any excess water. Stir in 1 cup each sliced snow peas and snap peas and 3 tablespoons each olive oil, rice vinegar and chopped parsley, mint and chives; season with salt and pepper.
- Place the bulghur in a large bowl, pour in the boiling water, and add the lemon juice, olive oil, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Stir, then allow to stand at room temperature for about 1 hour.
- Add the scallions, mint, parsley, cucumber, tomatoes, 2 teaspoons salt, and the pepper; mix well. Season, to taste, and serve or cover and refrigerate. The flavor will improve if the tabbouleh sits for a few hours.
SPRING VEGETABLE & CAULIFLOWER TABBOULEH
Grated cauliflower replaces the grains in this twist on a Middle Eastern salad with parsley, mint, asparagus and courgette
Provided by Jane Hornby
Categories Buffet, Lunch, Side dish, Supper, Vegetable
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Grate the cauliflower on the coarse side of a box grater, stopping only when you get to the very hard central core. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan, add the cauliflower with some seasoning and fry over a medium heat for 3 mins, stirring regularly. Splash in the stock, stir, then cover the pan and cook for 3-4 mins more. Stir once or twice during cooking until the cauliflower is just tender and the stock is absorbed. Spread over a plate and leave to cool. Wipe out the pan.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and add the asparagus stems, courgette and seasoning. Fry over a high heat until turning golden, about 3 mins. Add the asparagus tips, fry for 2 mins more, then leave to cool.
- Mix the zest and lemon juice, and the sugar, capers, oil and some seasoning. Chop the herbs fairly finely, then tip into a large bowl with the cauliflower, vegetables and spring onions. When ready to eat, add the dressing and mix well. Mound onto a serving plate, drizzle with a little more oil, then cut the remaining zested lemon into wedges and serve alongside.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 223 calories, Fat 16 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 9 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 6 grams fiber, Protein 7 grams protein, Sodium 0.4 milligram of sodium
- Combine bulgur and boiling water in a large bowl. Cover, and set aside to soak for 1 hour.
- Add oil, lemon juice, onions, parsley, mint, tomatoes, and cucumber; toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 161.9 calories, Carbohydrate 18.4 g, Fat 9.5 g, Fiber 4.7 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.3 g, Sodium 303.4 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
More about "spring tabbouleh recipes"
SPRING TABBOULEH RECIPE - 101 COOKBOOKS
Category Quick RecipesEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
SPRING TABBOULEH | RECIPES | FUSTINI'S OILS AND VINEGARS
Servings 4Category Potatoes, Pastas And Grains
- Fill a saucepan with 1 1/2 cups of broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, remove from the heat, stir in couscous, cover, and steam for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool.
- Place lentils and remaining 3 cups of broth in another saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Once simmering, cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until tender. Drain, rinse and set aside to cool.
- Cook asparagus, either grilling, steaming or boiling until tender and set aside to cool. In a large bowl, place parsley, scallions, mint, almonds, balsamic, olive oil, and lemon juice, stir to combine. Add couscous, lentils, asparagus, and fava beans and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
SPRING TABBOULEH RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
SPRING “TABBOULEH” – BULGUR SALAD WITH LEMON, RADISHES AND SNAP …
TURKEY SPRING TABBOULEH - EMILE NOëL
SPRING STRAWBERRY & CUCUMBER TABBOULEH SALAD
TABBOULEH RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
EASY TABBOULEH RECIPE - SOUTHSIDE KITCHEN
SPRING TABBOULEH — LOVEFOOD FARM
SPRING TABBOULEH – RECIPES THAT FIT
SPRING TABBOULEH – DRESSED BY AN OLIVE
SPRING TABBOULEH SALAD | FARMBELLY
SPRING TABBOULEH IN 2022 | HOW TO COOK ASPARAGUS, TABBOULEH, …
SPRING GREENS TABOULEH — FARM TO FORK
TABOULI SALAD RECIPE (TABBOULEH) | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
SPRING TABBOULEH | RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD RECIPES, VEGGIE RECIPES, …
SPRING TABBOULEH – PRAIRIE OILS & VINEGARS
VEGAN TABBOULEH - LAZY CAT KITCHEN
TABBOULEH - SIMPLY LEBANESE
SPRING TABBOULEH - ALL THINGS OLIVE
SPRING TABBOULEH | COOKING GOALS
TABBOULEH - BRIGHT SALAD FOR SPRING AND SUMMER - THE GOOD PLATE
LEMON SPRING PEA TABBOULEH - CITYLINE
SPRING TABBOULEH WITH HARISSA AND GRILLED HALLOUMI
SPRING TABBOULEH RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
SPRING TABBOULEH | US FOODS
A SALAD MADE FROM ‘WASTE’ SPRING ONION TOPS – RECIPE
EASY TABBOULEH RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE TRADITIONAL TABBOULEH
CLASSIC LEBANESE TABBOULEH : BOOK RECIPES
QUINOA ASPARAGUS SALAD (AKA SPRING TABOULI) | FEASTING AT HOME
SPRING TABBOULEH RECIPE - MIDDLE EASTERN RECIPES
TABBOULEH RECIPE - DINNER AT THE ZOO
SPRING VEGETABLE AND HERB TABBOULEH SALAD RECIPE
SPRING VEGETABLE TABBOULEH WITH SPRING HERBS, AND LEMON …
TABBOULEH - ONCE UPON A CHEF
TABBOULEH RECIPE (IT’S ALL ABOUT THE PARSLEY!)
BEST TABBOULEH RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
EASY TABBOULEH SALAD RECIPE - BETWEEN2KITCHENS
SPRING TABBOULEH | RECIPE CART
TABBOULEH RECIPE - MASHED.COM
SPRING TABBOULEH RECIPE
You'll also love