- Heat 1 inch of vegetable oil over medium heat in a cast-iron skillet until it registers 350 degrees F on a candy/frying thermometer. (If you don't have a thermometer, carefully dip the corner of a tortilla wedge into the oil. If it sizzles, you are ready to fry.)
- Carefully drop the tortilla quarters into the hot oil and fry, turning them halfway through with tongs or a spider, until crisp but not yet browned, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Remove the tortilla quarters to a paper towel-lined plate to drain; set aside.
- Heat the enchilada sauce in a small pan over medium-high heat until hot. While it is heating, fry the eggs. Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Crack the eggs into the skillet and fry until the edges are nice and crispy, a minute or two. Season with salt and pepper.
- While the eggs are frying, assembled your chilaquiles. In a shallow 1-quart dish, arrange half of the fried tortillas in a layer. Sprinkle them with half of the cheese. Pour enough of the hot enchilada sauce over the tortillas and cheese to cover most of the chips. Add the remaining chips to the dish in an even layer. Top with the remaining cheese and more sauce. The amount you add here is up to you. You may end up with some leftover enchilada sauce depending on your preference.
- Top with the fried eggs and salsa of your choice. Enjoy while it's nice and hot.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat, and fry the tortillas until lightly browned and crisp.
- Mix the onion, tomato, and serrano chile peppers into the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook and stir until onions are tender.
- Stir the eggs into the skillet, and cook until firm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 205.3 calories, Carbohydrate 14.7 g, Cholesterol 279 mg, Fat 11.7 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 11.3 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 118.6 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
More about "chilaquiles iii recipes"
HOW TO MAKE CHILAQUILES | KITCHN
CHILAQUILES ROJOS RECIPE (RED CHILAQUILES) - THRIFT AND …
THE BEST CHILAQUILES RECIPE – AN AUTHENTIC MEXICAN …
RED CHILAQUILES RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
RECIPES | CHILESQUILES
CHILAQUILES III | PUNCHFORK
BEST COOKING RECIPES IN 15-MIN: CHILAQUILES III
CHILAQUILES VERDE RECIPE - HOMEMADE & EASY! - THE ANTHONY …
CHILAQUILES! RECIPE - ALTON BROWN
CHILAQUILES III | RECIPESTY
20+ CHILAQUILES RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CHILAQUILES III POPULAR RECIPES
CHILAQUILES RECIPES - BBC FOOD
BEST RACHAEL RAY'S CHILAQUILES RECIPES | 30 MINUTE MEALS
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CHILIQUILES! | FEASTING AT HOME
CHILAQUILES RECIPE — SANTA ROSA
CHILAQUILES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CHILAQUILES III – DRSTARVE
EASY CHEESY BAKED CHILAQUILES RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
TRADITIONAL CHILAQUILES ROJOS RECIPE - THE ANTHONY KITCHEN
RECIPE CHILAQUILES III - YOUTUBE
CHILAQUILES - MEXICAN RECIPES - OLD EL PASO
CHILAQUILES MASTER RECIPE - RICK BAYLESS
CHILAQUILES III | RECIPE | RECIPES, FOOD, COOKING
BEST AMERICAN RECIPES: CHILAQUILES III
HOW TO MAKE AUTHENTIC MEXICAN CHILAQUILES? - JUST MEXICAN FOOD
AUTHENTIC CHILAQUILES ROJOS - MEXICAN RECIPES BY - MUY DELISH
HOW TO MAKE CHILAQUILES ROJOS EASY RECIPE? - JUST MEXICAN FOOD
EASY CHILAQUILES RECIPE (CHILAQUILES VERDES) - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
CHILAQUILES - EASY VERISON OF THE TRADITIONAL MEXICAN BREAKFAST DISH!
CHILAQUILES (VERDES OR ROJOS) - THE SALTY MARSHMALLOW
BEST CHILAQUILES VERDES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHILAQUILES VERDES
CHILAQUILES III THE BEST RECIPES
BEST CHILAQUILES VERDE — HOW TO MAKE CHILAQUILES VERDE - DELISH
THE SECRET TO BEST-EVER CHILAQUILES | TASTE OF HOME
EASY BLACK BEAN CHILAQUILES - RUSTIC FAMILY RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE MEXICAN CHILAQUILES (CHILAQUILES ROJOS)
CHILAQUILES RECIPE - COOKIST.COM
CHILAQUILES RECIPE - CHEF'S PENCIL
CHILAQUILES III | RECIPE | COOKING, FOOD, CHILAQUILES
CHILAQUILES III ALLRECIPES.COM | RECIPES, FOOD, MEXICAN FOOD RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make chilaquiles?Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Crack the eggs into the skillet and fry until the edges are nice and crispy, a minute or two. Season with salt and pepper. While the eggs are frying, assembled your chilaquiles. In a shallow 1-quart dish, arrange half of the fried tortillas in a layer. Sprinkle them with half of the cheese.
What are red chilaquiles made of?Chilaquiles Rojos (Red Chilaquiles) with deep, bold flavors! They’re crispy corn tortillas, smothered in a tomato & chiles sauce topped with Mexican crema and queso fresco. This Chilaquiles recipe is an authentic Mexican recipe that you’ll love!
What to eat at chilaquiles?Chilaquiles is a sort of tortilla casserole. In its simplest form, it consists of a freshly made salsa into which you stir fried tortillas. You can eat them plain, top with eggs, mixed with shredded chicken or even some sauteed shrimp! The secret to this delicious recipe is the amazing red sauce. It has deep flavors but not much heat.
Can you make chilaquiles with tortilla chips instead of salsa?More fun toppings for your chilaquiles include fried chorizo, or beef cecina (a type of cured beef), roasted cactus, or zucchini. Yes, you can make chilaquiles with tortilla chips . You can make the salsa in advance.