CHILI (BIG BATCH) MAKES ABOUT 5 GALLONS
- SOAK BEANS OVERNIGHT. CHOP ONIONS AND CELERY AND COOK WITH MEAT. MIX WITH BEANS AND OTHER INGREDIENTS. COOK ON MED FOR ABOUT 5 HOURS.
- HINT THE LONGER YOU CAN COOK IT THE BETTER IT WILL BE
Nutrition Facts : Nutritional Info Servings Per Recipe 39 Amount Per Serving Calories
I recently prepared Chili to feed the Homeless and have never cooked in such mass quantity. My Wife and I prepared 32 Gallons of Red, we used 18 Qt Roaster ovens. This recipe will entail the ingredients of one 4 Gallon batch or 16 Qt's
Provided by karl3967
Yield 48 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- You'll need a five (5) Gallon Pot or portable Roaster oven (18 Qts) or larger. This Recipe will produce aprox 4 Gallons or 48 cups of Chili.
- Start by Browning the meat and draining excess fat/water. Add onions and soften.
- Add all additional ingredients and slow cook. Adjust thickness by adding water or vegetable juice. Of course season with additional spices to taste or serve with hot sauce on the side.
- I slow cooked my Chili for 24 hrs at 225 degrees and stirred it every couple of hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 345.3, Fat 1.6, SaturatedFat 0.4, Sodium 1017.3, Carbohydrate 67, Fiber 15.6, Sugar 9.5, Protein 20.3
JIM'S BIG BATCH SLOW COOKER CHILI
In researching many recipes to achieve the perfect, awesome chili that I could make in a large batch by using my 6 qt crock pot (slow cooker), I came across 3 different ones that I deconstructed and then reconstructed using my own variations and twists. I had a wonderful success on my first try. I served this during the holidays in 2012 to a large group and many came back for 3RDs! Chili is normally regionalized, but this one is so GOOD, that any part of the country will love it and gobble it up! For Nutritional Data purposes, I calculated a recommended serving size to be approximately 13 oz. per serving to feed 10 people. Realistically if you have several hungry guys with large appetites hanging out, watching football, playing cards, etc. this may only yield enough to serve 8 people 16 oz.
Provided by jimbompls
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 1 4 qt batch, 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Optional Adds: 1 Green Bell Pepper chopped OR 2 Jalapeno Peppers seeded and chopped for extra added heat. Personally, I do not use either of these, but you may. You may also use 2 (14.5 oz. cans) of Hunt's Diced Tomatoes, undrained, if you like a chunkier chili. Personally, I do not use these either.
- Optional Substitution: Although the beer is utilized to give the chili a great flavoring, it is NOT to have any alcoholic content after cooking it for over 2 1/2 hours according to the USDA. If you decide to omit the 12 oz. beer for any reason, use an ADDITIONAL 14.5 oz. of Chicken Broth to take its place.
- Cook the meats in at least 2 separate batches in a Large Skillet over Med-High heat right before it crumbles. Add and mix in the finely chopped onions. When the meat crumbles and no longer is pink; drain.
- Place the meat and onion mixture in the large crock pot (slow cooker). Add the rinsed/drained light red kidney beans and the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours, may stir a couple times. Since this is a Slow Cooker, it is always discouraged to use the HIGH setting... but if you must and running short on time, can be done roughly around 5 hours on HIGH.
- Remove and Discard the Bay Leaves before serving.
- Condiments and/or Sides to consider having on hand when serving: Sour Cream, Sharp Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Rice, Chopped Green Onions, Black Sliced Olives, Crackers, Limes (cut in quarters), Jalapeno Slices, Baguette Bread Sliced, Cornbread (or Jalapeno Cornbread), Salad.
- Beverage Pairing: Milk, Beer, Ripe Zinfandel, or Syrah.
- ENJOY! For whatever reason, a well-made Chili is much like Jambalaya. The leftovers, the day after, is generally better. . Maybe it takes a day for the flavors to truly fuse together.
- Directions for freezing and/or reheating portions:.
- Let Chili cool before freezing.
- Evenly divide chili into 2 (1-gallon) zip-top freezer bags (only 1 1-gallon bag needed if you are looking to freeze only half).
- Seal and lay each bag flat.
- Stack bags of chili in freezer.
- Freeze up to 1 month.
- Thaw 1 bag of frozen chili overnight in refrigerator (or defrost in microwave).
- Pour thawed chili into a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Cover tightly with heavy-duty plastic wrap, and fold back a corner to allow steam to escape.
- Microwave at HIGH 6-7 minutes or until bubbly (stirring once after 3 1/2 min mark).
More about "chili big batch makes about 5 gallons recipes"
BIG-BATCH CHILI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4.6/5 (16)Servings 15-18
- Cook ground chuck, in batches, in a large skillet over medium-high heat about 5 minutes, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Place meat in a 6-quart slow cooker; stir in onions, next 12 ingredients, and, if desired, beans. Cook, covered, at HIGH 5 to 6 hours or at LOW 6 to 8 hours. Remove and discard bay leaf. Serve with desired toppings.
- Cooktop preparation: Cook ground chuck, in batches, in a large Dutch oven. Drain beef and return to Dutch oven. Add onions, next 12 ingredients, and, if desired, beans. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, cover, and simmer 4 to 6 hours. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- To freeze: Let chili stand 30 minutes. Evenly divide chili mixture into 3 (1-gallon) zip-top plastic freezer bags; seal and lay each bag flat. Stack bags of chili in freezer. Freeze up to 1 month. Thaw frozen chili overnight in refrigerator or defrost in microwave. Pour thawed chili into a 9-inch square baking dish. Cover tightly with heavy-duty plastic wrap, and fold back a corner to allow steam to escape. Microwave at HIGH 6 to 7 minutes or until bubbly, stirring after 3 1/2 minutes.
HOW TO MAKE CHILI - 5 GALLONS FOR A COOK OFF - YOUTUBE
Author Lisas HaulsViews 3.3K
CALORIES IN CHILI (BIG BATCH) MAKES ABOUT 5 GALLONS
Calories 132.3Saturated Fat 1.1 gPolyunsaturated Fat 0.4 gTotal Fat 3.2 g
CHILI BATCH 5 RECIPE | DELICIOUS RECIPES
BIG-BATCH VEGGIE CHILI RECIPE | MYRECIPES
KATIE'S CHILI FOR A CROWD RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
BIG BATCH CHILI RECIPE - THE HOLISTIC CHEF
5 GALLON CHILI RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
5 GALLONS OF CHILI RECIPES
5 GALLON MARGARITA MIX RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
BIG BATCH CHILI-IN-THE-OVEN RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
LARGE BATCH CHILI - THRIFTY FOODS
BIG BATCH CHILI CON CARNE | BLUE FLAME KITCHEN
5 GALLONS OF CHILI RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
5 GALLON CHILI RECIPE COMPETITION - SHARE RECIPES
5 GALLON ALCOHOL RECIPES1 (12 OUNCE) CAN FROZEN ORANGE JUICE ...
RECIPE OF THE WEEK: JOE’S BIG BATCH CHILI - SURVIVALBLOG.COM
20+ MOST POPULAR RECIPES IN NOVEMBER 2022 | EATINGWELL
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How many Quarts is a big batch of chili?This big-batch chili recipe yields about 6 quarts, so make sure your slow cooker has a capacity of 7 quarts or more before getting started. If your slow cooker has a capacity of at least 4 quarts, you can halve the recipe. Cooking this large batch chili recipe in a slow cooker makes it nearly hands-off.
How do you cook a gallon of chili?This recipe makes about a gallon of chili, so make sure your pot is plenty big. Heat the pot over medium-high heat. Add the beef, onion, green pepper and celery. Use a large spoon to break up the chunks of beef as it cooks. When the meat is browned all the way through and the vegetables are tender, drain off the excess grease.
How many calories does Chili (big catch) make?View full nutritional breakdown of CHILI (BIG BATCH) MAKES ABOUT 5 GALLONS calories by ingredient SOAK BEANS OVERNIGHT. CHOP ONIONS AND CELERY AND COOK WITH MEAT. MIX WITH BEANS AND OTHER INGREDIENTS. COOK ON MED FOR ABOUT 5 HOURS. Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BB_WOLFE.
How to cook Ground Chuck Chili?Directions 1 Cook ground chuck, in batches, in a large skillet over medium-high heat about 5 minutes, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. ... 2 Cooktop preparation: Cook ground chuck, in batches, in a large Dutch oven. Drain beef and return to Dutch oven. ... 3 To freeze: Let chili stand 30 minutes. ...