CHILI CHICKEN WITH CORNMEAL DUMPLINGS
Savor a delicious new twist on chili, using chicken instead of beef and cooking cornmeal dumplings on top.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In 4-quart Dutch oven, mix chicken and tomato sauce. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in beans and corn. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low.
- In medium bowl, mix Bisquick mix, cornmeal and milk until soft dough forms. Drop dough by 12 spoonfuls onto hot chili (do not drop directly into liquid). Cook uncovered over low heat 10 minutes. Cover; cook 10 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Cover; cook about 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 470, Carbohydrate 65 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 8 g, Protein 28 g, SaturatedFat 3 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1820 mg, Sugar 12 g, TransFat 0 g
PORK-BEAN CHILI WITH CORN DUMPLINGS
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Make the chili: Put the beans in a Dutch oven or large pot and add enough water to cover. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and cook 10 minutes. Drain the beans, return them to the pot and cover with water by about 3 inches. Add the thyme, bay leaves and 4 smashed garlic cloves. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook, skimming off any foam, until the beans begin to soften, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in the minced garlic, chili powder, ancho chile powder, paprika, oregano, cumin and cloves; cook 1 minute. Add the diced tomatoes and cook, stirring, until thickened, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the tomato mixture to the pot with the beans. Add the pork and 1 teaspoon salt and stir to combine. Bring just to a boil; reduce the heat to medium low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the beans and pork are tender, about 2 hours. (Add water to keep the pork covered, if needed.) Discard the bay leaves.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dumplings: Combine the masa harina, melted butter and 1 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Stir in 1 1/2 to 2 cups warm water to make a soft dough. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls, then press your thumb into each one to form a cup shape. Cover with plastic wrap until the chili is ready.
- Combine the remaining 2 smashed garlic cloves, the cilantro, lime juice, 1 1/2 cups water and 2 teaspoons salt in a blender and puree until smooth. Stir the cilantro mixture into the chili. Gently add the dumplings (do not stir) and simmer until cooked through and firm, 30 to 35 minutes. Thin the chili with a splash of hot water, if needed. Ladle into bowls and top with cheese; serve with lime wedges and sour cream, if desired.
CORNMEAL DUMPLING DOUGH
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Using your fingers, work in butter until small crumbs form. Stir in buttermilk.
SLOW COOKER TURKEY CHILI WITH CORNBREAD DUMPLINGS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: ground turkey, medium yellow onion, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, garlic, tomato sauce, black beans, pinto bean, frozen corn, chili powder, ground black pepper, kosher salt, large eggs, unsalted butter, whole milk, light brown sugar, all-purpose flour, yellow cornmeal, baking powder, kosher salt, shredded cheddar cheese, jalapeño, fresh cilantro, green onion
Provided by Pierce Abernathy
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 24
- Combine the ground turkey, onion, bell peppers, garlic, crushed tomatoes, black and pinto beans, corn, chili powder, pepper, and salt in the bowl of a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Once the chili has cooked for 6-8 hours, make the dumplings: Combine the eggs, melted butter, milk, and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt and stir until smooth. Fold in the cheese.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, dollop the batter on top of the chili and cook for 2 more hours on low or 1 hour on high, until the dumplings are puffed and tender.
- If using, garnish the chili with jalapeño, cilantro, and green onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 673 calories, Carbohydrate 83 grams, Fat 22 grams, Fiber 15 grams, Protein 38 grams, Sugar 14 grams
CROCK POT CHILI WITH CORNMEAL DUMPLINGS
On those cold, winter days, this chili is warming and filling. Feel free to adjust the amount of chili powder to your personal taste.
Provided by truebrit
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Fry ground beef and onions in a large pan until beef loses its pinkness; drain.
- Place in crock pot with remaining ingredients, and stir.
- Simmer on low for 7 hours, then turn to high setting.
- To make dumplings, combine flour, cheddar cheese, cornmeal, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix beaten egg, milk, and oil.
- Add to flour mixture, and stir with a fork until just combined.
- Drop dumplings by tablespoonfuls into chili.
- Cover and cook for 50-60 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 603.7, Fat 28.3, SaturatedFat 10.2, Cholesterol 115.5, Sodium 1759.1, Carbohydrate 52.8, Fiber 9.1, Sugar 17.9, Protein 35.9
CHICKEN WITH CORNMEAL DUMPLINGS
SECRET INGREDIENT Beer flavors this robust chicken and vegetable stew. Any light-or medium-colored lager will do, but pilsner-with its pronounced taste of hops-works best.
Yield serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 13
- In a large Dutch oven or other heavy pot, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high. Pat dry chicken and season with salt and pepper. Add to pot, and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a medium bowl.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter, the scallions, bell pepper, celery, and carrots to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until scallions and celery are soft, about 4 minutes. Stir in thyme and flour and season with salt and pepper; cook 1 minute. Whisk in beer and return chicken to pot. With your hands, roughly tear tomatoes and add to pot along with their juices. Bring to a rapid simmer and cook, uncovered, 30 minutes. Season to taste with vinegar.
- Reduce to a medium simmer and drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls on top of stew. Cover and simmer until dumplings are cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
- (Per Serving)
- Calories: 438
- Fat: 17g (7g Saturated Fat)
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 3g
GREEN-CHILE CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS
Poblano chiles and chili powder turn up the volume on this irresistible combination of pillowy cornmeal dumplings and rich chicken-and-vegetable stew in this family-friendly dinner.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Serves 6 to 8
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Combine chicken, 2 teaspoons salt, and 4 cups water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered, until chicken is cooked, about 20 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate; let cool 10 minutes. Discard skin and bones; shred meat into bite-size pieces (you should have 3 cups). Strain broth (you should have 4 cups; if not, add more water).
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Saute chiles 5 minutes. Add onion, carrots, celery, potato, thyme, and chili powder. Cook, stirring, until onion is translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup flour; cook 30 seconds. Gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer 2 minutes. Stir in chicken, corn, and 3 tablespoons cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, whisk together remaining 1 1/3 cups flour, cornmeal, 3 tablespoons cilantro, baking powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Cut in remaining 4 tablespoons butter. Stir in milk until dough holds together. Drop 8 heaping spoonfuls of dough on top of chicken mixture. Cover and simmer until dumplings are cooked through, about 12 minutes. Serve with more chopped cilantro and lemon wedges.
CHIPOTLE CHILI AND CORNBREAD DUMPLINGS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: ground beef, kosher salt, black pepper, ground cumin, chilli powder, smoked paprika, cayenne, large onion, red bell pepper, garlic, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, tomato paste, beef broth, chopped tomato, black beans, red kidney bean, apple cider vinegar, cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, eggs, honey, buttermilk
Provided by Matthew Johnson
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 24
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. Mix and make a little well in the center.
- Add the milk, eggs, honey into the well, beat the eggs and liquid first, and then combine with the rest of the dry ingredients. Set aside until chili is almost finished.
- In a large pot at medium high heat, add the beef, season with salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, cayenne, and cook until it is a deep brown color.
- Add the onion, red bell peppers garlic, and chopped chipotles, and a pinch of salt. Cook until caramelized and soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and cook until the tomato paste gets dark and starts sticking to the bottom slightly.
- Add in the canned diced tomatoes, beef broth, black beans, kidney beans, and apple cider vinegar (optional). Stir until all is well incorporated. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low to a simmer,
- Scoop and shape the cornbread batter into golf ball sized dumplings and place in the simmering chili.
- Put a lid on the Chili and steam/simmer the dumplings 20 minutes or until the dumplings are cooked through.
- Serve with cheddar cheese, sour cream, and sliced scallions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 507 calories, Carbohydrate 57 grams, Fat 16 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 31 grams, Sugar 16 grams
SPICY CHILI WITH CORNMEAL DUMPLINGS
Add a little spice to your life. This recipe for chili with savory cornmeal dumplings has a bit of a kick.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Brown meat with green peppers, onions and garlic in large skillet.
- Stir in tomatoes, steak sauce, taco seasoning mix, cumin and red pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Simmer 10 to 15 min., stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare corn muffin mix with milk and egg as directed on package for muffins. Drop 8 mounds of batter onto chili mixture; cover. Simmer 10 min. (Do not lift lid.) Serve topped with cheese and onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 320, Fat 13 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 80 mg, Sodium 810 mg, Carbohydrate 28 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 11 g, Protein 22 g
MEATBALL CHILI WITH DUMPLINGS
My family enjoys this delicious recipe-it's like a spicy meatball stew with dumplings!-Sarah Yoder, Middlebury, Indiana
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large bowl, combine egg, 1/4 cup onion, bread crumbs, 3 teaspoons bouillon and 1 teaspoon chili powder; crumble beef over mixture and mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into twelve 1-1/2-in. meatballs. Roll in flour. , Heat oil in a 12-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet; brown meatballs. Drain on paper towels. Wipe skillet clean with paper towels. Add tomatoes, garlic, cumin and the remaining onion, bouillon and chili powder to skillet; stir to combine. Add meatballs. Cover and cook over low heat about 20 minutes. Stir in beans. , Combine dumpling ingredients. Drop by spoonfuls onto chili; cook on low, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Cover and cook until a toothpick inserted in dumpling comes out clean, 10-12 minutes longer. If desired, sprinkle with minced chives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 475 calories, Fat 16g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 76mg cholesterol, Sodium 1523mg sodium, Carbohydrate 56g carbohydrate (8g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 26g protein.
SHEET PAN TURKEY CHILI WITH CORNBREAD "DUMPLINGS"
A different way to prepare chili and cornbread! This is a bit on the spicier side, so go easy on the chili powder and jalapenos for a milder version. This really fills up the sheet pan to the top, but don't worry, it will fit! If you're worried about spills, place aluminum foil on the oven rack before baking.
Provided by Kim
Number Of Ingredients 31
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 12x17-inch sheet pan.
- Crumble ground turkey and place onto one half of the sheet pan. Place onion, bell pepper, garlic, and celery on the other half of the sheet pan. Drizzle both with oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring once, until meat is cooked through and vegetables are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place diced tomatoes, kidney beans, chicken broth, tomato paste, corn, jalapenos, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, oregano, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Stir until well combined. Carefully pour mixture over the turkey and vegetables, and gently stir to combine.
- Whisk cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl until combined. Add milk, oil, honey, and egg, whisking until combined. Place about 8 dollops of the batter over the top of the chili. Sprinkle each "dumpling" with Cheddar cheese.
- Carefully return sheet pan to the hot oven, and bake until chili is bubbling and cornbread is browned on top, 30 to 35 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with sliced green onions just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 523.8 calories, Carbohydrate 60.7 g, Cholesterol 86.4 mg, Fat 21.3 g, Fiber 8.9 g, Protein 26.9 g, SaturatedFat 6.9 g, Sodium 997.7 mg, Sugar 16.5 g
CHICKEN WITH PAN GRAVY AND CORNMEAL DUMPLINGS
- Cook chicken:
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter and oil in a 12-inch deep heavy skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides, then brown chicken well, about 8 minutes total. Arrange skin-sides up, then sprinkle with shallot. Add wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until chicken is just cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer chicken with tongs to a heatproof platter, reserving juices in skillet. Cover chicken with foil and keep warm in oven.
- Make dumplings:
- Sift together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and soda, salt, and pepper into a bowl. Blend in butter with a pastry blender or your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in 2 tablespoons chives and 1 tablespoon parsley, then add buttermilk, stirring just until dough is moistened (do not overmix).
- Make gravy and cook dumplings:
- Skim fat from juices in skillet. Add 2 3/4 cups stock and bring to a boil. Whisk together cream, flour, and remaining 1/4 cup stock in a small bowl until smooth, then whisk into boiling stock and season with salt and pepper.
- Drop 8 heaping tablespoons of dough into simmering gravy, about 2 inches apart to allow dumplings to expand. Reduce heat and gently simmer dumplings, covered, until tops are dry to the touch, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken, dumplings, and gravy with remaining herbs.
CHILI WITH CORN DUMPLINGS
Here's an easy winter warm-me-up meal. The flavorful corn dumplings cook right on top of the simmering chili.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cook beef and onion in Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Reserve 1/2 cup of the corn. Stir remaining corn with liquid, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder and pepper sauce into beef mixture. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Mix Bisquick mix and cornmeal. Stir in milk, cilantro and reserved 1/2 cup corn just until moistened.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto simmering chili. Cook uncovered over low heat 10 minutes. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer or until dumplings are dry.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 490, Carbohydrate 54 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 5 g, Protein 27 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 970 mg, Sugar 12 g, TransFat 1 1/2 g
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN SOUP WITH CORNMEAL DUMPLINGS
- In a small bowl, mash half the beans. Transfer mashed and remaining beans to a Dutch oven. Add the tomatoes, broth, water, cumin and chipotle pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add chicken., In a small bowl, combine the egg, egg white, muffin mix and baking mix; stir in milk. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto simmering soup. Cover and simmer until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift the cover while simmering), 10-12 minutes. Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle each serving with cilantro if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 356 calories, Fat 7g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 80mg cholesterol, Sodium 808mg sodium, Carbohydrate 48g carbohydrate (13g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 24g protein.
CHICKEN AND CORN CHILI
This is an easy slow cooker meal - use your imagination and season it up as you like! Great on a c-c-c-cold winter night! I serve this with grated cheese, sour cream, chopped cilantro and green onions, and flour tortillas on the side.
Provided by Sarah Jane
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place chicken and salsa in the slow cooker the night before you want to eat this chili. Season with garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Cook 6 to 8 hours on Low setting.
- About 3 to 4 hours before you want to eat, shred the chicken with 2 forks. Return the meat to the pot, and continue cooking.
- Stir the corn and the pinto beans into the slow cooker. Simmer until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 187.9 calories, Carbohydrate 22.6 g, Cholesterol 40.6 mg, Fat 2.3 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 20.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 1012.4 mg, Sugar 5.3 g
CROCK POT CHILI WITH CORNMEAL
I got this recipe from my grandmother. Love it !! Love any recipe that I can cook in my crock pot. We shouldn't waste time slaving over the stove.
Provided by P O O K S
Categories Roast Beef
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place meat and onions at bottom of crock pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients except.
- for kidney beans. I like to add that.
- at the very end of cooking time.
- Place on high for 4hours or low for 6hours.
- Usual toppings: cheese & cilantro.
- over rice.
More about "chili chicken with cornmeal dumplings recipes"
ONE-POT CHICKEN CHILI WITH CORNMEAL DUMPLINGS - COOK'S …
5/5 (5)Servings 6-8Cuisine American, MexicanCategory Main Courses
GREEN CHICKEN CHILI WITH CORNMEAL DUMPLINGS - COOK …
ONE POT CHICKEN CHILI WITH CORNMEAL DUMPLINGS - FEELS …
5/5 (1)Category Main Course, Main Dish
CHILI AND MEATBALLS WITH CORNMEAL DUMPLINGS RECIPE
CHILI CORNMEAL CHICKEN | CANADIAN LIVING
CHILI WITH CORN DUMPLINGS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHICKEN IN A POT WITH CORNMEAL-HERB DUMPLINGS RECIPE
CHICKEN WITH CORNMEAL DUMPLINGS RECIPE - SCOTT HOCKER | FOOD
HOW TO THICKEN CHILI WITH CORNMEAL - OUR EVERYDAY LIFE
CHICKEN WITH CORNMEAL DUMPLINGS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
CHICKEN WITH CORNMEAL DUMPLINGS (IN ONE PAN!) - RACHEL …
CHICKEN & CORNMEAL DUMPLINGS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
VEGGIE CHILLI WITH CORNMEAL DUMPLINGS - RECIPES - HAIRY BIKERS
CROCK POT GROUND BEEF CHILI WITH CORNMEAL DUMPLINGS RECIPE
CHICKEN AND HERBED CORNMEAL DUMPLINGS RECIPE - SOUTHERN LIVING
CREAMY CHICKEN WITH CORNMEAL DUMPLINGS - BETTER HOMES
ONE-POT CHICKEN CHILI WITH CORNMEAL DUMPLINGS | COOK'S COUNTRY …
CHICKEN WITH HERBED CORNMEAL DUMPLINGS RECIPE - LOS ANGELES …
WHITE CHICKEN CHILI WITH CORNBREAD DUMPLINGS - THE COUNTRY COOK
ONE-POT CHICKEN CHILI WITH CORNMEAL DUMPLINGS RECIPE - EAT YOUR …
CHICKEN N' CORNMEAL-CHIVE DUMPLINGS - GARLIC & ZEST
CHICKEN & CORNMEAL BUTTERMILK DUMPLINGS - JANINE'S RECIPES
CHILI CON CARNE WITH CORNBREAD DUMPLINGS - BLUE JEAN CHEF
TURKEY CHILI WITH CORNMEAL DUMPLINGS RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
SOUTHWEST CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS RECIPE - FOODTASTIC MOM
CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP WITH CORNMEAL DUMPLINGS - JAN D'ATRI
OLD FASHIONED CORNMEAL DUMPLINGS RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHICKEN AND CORNMEAL BUTTERMILK DUMPLINGS | CANADIAN LIVING
SLOW-COOKER PULLED-PORK CHILI WITH CORNBREAD DUMPLINGS RECIPE
CHILI WITH CHEESY CORNMEAL DUMPLINGS RECIPE - COOKSRECIPES.COM
You'll also love