MEXICAN CHOCOLATE CHILI
Adapted from an old recipe my mother used for family gatherings. Because you make it in a Crock Pot® it is easy to transport to a party. It's flavorful and I promise everyone will ask for this recipe.
Provided by saraeudy
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine ground round and onion in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, until beef is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer cooked beef and onions to slow cooker. Stir in water, tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, corn, chocolate chips, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt. Cook on High until chili begins to bubble, about 20 minutes. Reduce heat to Low, and cook until thick, about 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 276.2 calories, Carbohydrate 37.3 g, Cholesterol 24.8 mg, Fat 7.9 g, Fiber 8.2 g, Protein 16.4 g, SaturatedFat 3.3 g, Sodium 977.9 mg, Sugar 11.7 g
CHILI'S CHOCOLATE DESSERT
This recipe is posted by request. The original poster of this recipe is Todd Wilbur. What makes this dessert so special is the way it comes to your table sizzling in a cast iron skillet. Just like fajitas. The chocolate chip cookie and graham cracker crust "pie" is topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and then drizzled with chocolate and caramel syrup. It's all served up in a hot skillet of cinnamon butter. Yum! If you want to prepare this one just like they do at the restaurant, you'll need one of those skillets for each serving. Small iron skillets work the best, but any 6 or 8-inch frying pan will do fine. You just have to be sure your pan is super hot to get that authentic Chili's "sizzle." If you don't have enough of the right pans for each serving, you can slide it all onto a plate. It may not have the sizzle of the real thing, but it'll still taste awesome! ENJOY! "Recipe created by Todd Wilbur www.TopSecretRecipes.com".
Provided by Charishma_Ramchanda
Yield 9 desserts
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Continue beating for about 30 seconds or until mixture turns lighter in color.
- Add the egg, milk, and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Slowly mix the dry mixture into the wet mixture.
- Beat until well-combined and then mix in the coconut flakes.
- Set this cookie dough aside for now.
- Melt 6 tablespoons of butter in a medium bowl in the microwave on high temperature for about 30 seconds.
- Add the sugar and stir well for 30 seconds.
- Add the graham cracker crumbs and stir.
- Press this mixture into the bottom of a 9x9-inch baking dish or pan.
- Sprinkle the cup of chocolate chips evenly over the graham cracker crust.
- Press the cookie dough into the dish, covering the chocolate chips.
- Use flour on your fingers to keep the soft dough from sticking.
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts over the dough.
- Use your fingers to press the nuts into the dough.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the edges of the"pie" become light brown.
- Prepare the cinnamon butter by creaming together the butter, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl with an electric mixer on high speed.
- When you are ready to make your dessert, heat up a small skillet over medium heat.
- When the skillet is hot, remove it from the heat then add about 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon butter to the pan.
- It should quickly melt and sizzle.
- Slice the"pie" into 9 pieces and place one into the hot skillet.
- If the"pie" has cooled, you can reheat each slice by zapping it in the microwave for 30-40 seconds.
- Place a scoop of ice cream on top of the"pie.
- "Drizzle chocolate and caramel syrup over the dessert and then sprinkle about 2 teaspoons of chopped walnuts over the top.
- Repeat for the remaining ingredients and serve sizzling in the skillet.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 784.1, Fat 53.7, SaturatedFat 29.2, Cholesterol 124.5, Sodium 472.8, Carbohydrate 73.5, Fiber 3.8, Sugar 50.8, Protein 8.6
More about "chilis chocolate dessert recipes"
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHILI - OLIVIA'S CUISINE
4.5/5 (57)Category Main CoursesCuisine Tex-MexTotal Time 1 hr 30 mins
- Season steaks generously with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven, over medium high heat, until shimmering. Add the steaks and brown for 4-5 minutes per side. Remove and reserve.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the bacon. Cook until it begins to brown, about 4 minutes. Add the onions and sauté until they begin to brown, 7-8 minutes. Then, add the garlic and cook for a minute or so, until fragrant.
- Cut the seared steaks into small chunks (about 1/4-inch thick) and add them back to the pot. Add the spices and cook for a minute to release its flavors.
- Add the stout, broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar, cocoa powder, chopped chocolate, bay leaf and a pinch of salt and pepper.
CHILI CHOCOLATE MOUSSE POTS - DELICIOUS DESSERTS FOR ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 15 minsCategory Pudding
- Blend all mousse ingredients in a high power blender until completely smooth. Divide between 7 ramekins (or any dishes /jars of your choice), tap lightly on the counter to flatten the top, and refrigerate overnight.
MOLTEN CHOCOLATE CAKE - GRILL & BAR MENU | CHILI'S
CHOCOLATE CHILI BITES RECIPE | CHOCOLATE & ZUCCHINI
Servings 72Total Time 25 minsEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
CHOCOLATE & CHILLI TART RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Servings 8Estimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Dessert
50 BEST CHOCOLATE DESSERT RECIPES | TOP DESSERTS FOR ...
CINNAMON CHURROS WITH CHILI CHOCOLATE | SUGAR & CLOTH ...
5/5 (3)Total Time 30 minsCategory DessertsCalories 215 per serving
- In a large pot, begin heating about 2 inches of oil, over medium heat, until the temperature reaches 375 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-size saucepan, set on a medium-heat burner, stir together the milk, water, butter, 3 teaspoons sugar, salt and vanilla. Continue stirring the mixture, cooking it until it comes to a boil (this should take just a few minutes).
- Remove from the heat and use a spatula to immediately fold in the flour and baking powder. Continue folding until everything has combined into a ball.
CHILI CHOCOLATE BREAD RECIPE - FAMILY-FRIENDLY - PEPPERSCALE
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 50 minsServings 8Calories 232 per serving
- Add the remaining flour, sugar, cocoa, and chili flakes then place on the mixer with a dough hook and mix for 10 minutes.
- Remove and shape the dough and place into a loaf tin and leave in a warm place for 1 hour to rise to double in size.
WHAT DESSERT GOES WITH CHILI? (12 TASTY IDEAS) - INSANELY GOOD
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Apple Strudel. Let’s start off with a fall favorite. This apple strudel is perfectly sweet and decadent. Not to mention, it fills the entire kitchen with such a heavenly aroma!
- Cinnamon Sugar Bread. Bread is great at absorbing the spices in chili, so it only makes sense to serve it as a side dish or dessert. Want to save this recipe?
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies. Tart and refreshing, lemon is fantastic at toning down the spiciness of chili. These crinkle cookies are my top choice for lemon-flavored sweets.
- Lemon Bars. These lemon bars are yet another excellent dessert to balance out your hot chili. With a crisp and buttery shortbread crust, a sweet and tart lemon filling, and a sweet dusting of sugar on top, it’s a refreshing way to end your meal.
- Peach Shortcake. Buttery and flaky shortcake biscuits topped with sweet and plump peaches in a brown sugar sauce: dessert doesn’t get any better than that.
- Lemon Yogurt Parfait. As I’ve said, lemon does a fantastic job of counteracting spicy food. This is why this lemon yogurt parfait makes a wonderful pair with chili!
- Raspberry Tiramisu. The classic tiramisu gets a makeover with lemon juice and raspberries! This Italian favorite is already phenomenal as is, but this recipe gives it such a refreshing spin.
- Key Lime Pie. Sweet and tart key lime filling resting on a crisp and buttery pie crust? Yes, please. This key lime pie is the ultimate post-chili treat!
- Chocolate Lava Cake. One bite of this sinful chocolate lava cake will take you to heaven. This dessert is every chocolate lover’s dream. The cake is fudgy and moist and the center is ooey-gooey.
- Fudge Brownies. These are the best brownies I’ve ever had! My favorite brownies are the ones with a cracked surface. I don’t know why, but it just makes brownies look even more appetizing.
CHOCOLATE MOLTEN LAVA CAKE RECIPE (CHILI'S COPYCAT!) - OH ...
Ratings 42Calories 723 per servingCategory 500+ Best Dessert Recipes
- Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl along with the coconut oil and slowly heat for 30 second intervals, stirring often until melted.
FOUR & TWENTY BLACKBIRDS' GREEN CHILI CHOCOLATE PIE
- Place the prebaked springform pan on a rimmed baking sheet. (For crust making and prebaking instructions, see below.)
- Combine the sliced jalapeño (with seeds), sliced ginger, milk, and cream in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and bring just to a boil.
- Combine the chocolate, cardamom, and salt in a large heatproof bowl and position a fine-mesh sieve over the top.
CHILIS MENU: CHILIS DESSERT MENU
Author Kitchen DesignsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
DELICIOUS CHILEAN DESSERTS; CHILE'S 15 MOST POPULAR SWEET ...
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
CHILLED CHOCOLATE DESSERTS | FOOD & WINE
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CHOCOLATE + CHILES = A MATCH MADE IN DESSERT HEAVEN | …
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
CHILI’S CHOCOLATE CHIP PARADISE PIE RECIPE | RECIPE ...
TOP SECRET RECIPES | CHILI'S MOLTEN CHOCOLATE CAKE
5/5 (25)Total Time 28 minsCategory DessertCalories 266 per serving
10 BEST CHOCOLATE CHILI DESSERT RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHOCOLATE MOLTEN LAVA CAKE RECIPE (CHILI'S COPYCAT!) - OH ...
DESSERTS | CHILI'S
CHOCOLATE DESSERT WITH CHILI - 3 RECIPES | TASTYCRAZE.COM
10 BEST CHOCOLATE CHILI DESSERT RECIPES | YUMMLY
WHITE CHOCOLATE DESSERT RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
SPICY CHOCOLATE RECIPES - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
BAKING RECIPES & IDEAS | EASY CAKE & BREAD RECIPES ...
TOP 10 CHILEAN DESSERTS AND SWEETS - CASCADA
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What kind of chocolate do you use to make chili?We use two types of chocolate in this recipe: cocoa powder and dark or bittersweet chocolate. If you are concerned about the chocolate making the chili slightly sweet, use unsweetened chocolate instead of the ones that contain sugar.
How long does it take to make chili with chocolate?You will love this classic chili with chocolate added. You can't taste it, but the chocolate mysteriously adds depth and smoothness to the flavor. Prep Time10 minutes Cook Time1 hour10 minutes Total Time1 hour20 minutes Ingredients 3 tablespoons vegetable oil 1-1/2 cups chopped onions (1 medium onion) 2 teaspoons salt (divided)
How do you make chili with corn masa and chocolate?Or put them in the blender for a few seconds. Simmer chili for 1 hour. Two hours is even better. Remove bay leaves and stir in corn masa until smooth; then add chocolate. Optional: Add 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar. Continue simmering for 10 more minutes to combine flavors.
Can you use dried chiles for chili?You can use either fresh or dried chiles for this recipe. Since I veered from tradition already with the beans, I also added some chocolate which gives the chili additional depth of flavor. It doesn’t take much like chocolate, but the chocolate adds a smooth underlying richness that goes well with the spicy bean and beef chili.