BEEF WITH SCALLIONS, TOMATO, AND GINGER
- Cut the beef against the grain into thin strips about 2 inches long (by 1/4-inch thick). In a large bowl, whisk together the sherry, soy sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch, and sugar. Add the beef and mix well. Set aside.
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil and heat until very hot. Add the scallion whites and beef mixture to the skillet, arrange it in a single layer, and cook, without stirring, until well-browned on the bottom and still pinkish inside, about 1 minute. (It is key to only partially cook the meat at this stage, since it will be finish cooking later in the sauce.) Transfer to a bowl.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add the remaining oil. Add the ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minute (only a few seconds if using young ginger). Add the scallion greens and tomatoes and cook until slightly softened and saucy, and tomato skin begins to wrinkle, about 1 minute. Return the beef and any collected juice to the skillet, add the hoisin sauce, and cook, stirring, until thick, about 30 seconds more. Season, to taste. Transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately with rice.
CHINESE STIR-FRIED TOMATOES AND EGGS
Home-style Chinese food at its simplest and, arguably, tastiest, this dish is the object of nostalgia for many Chinese immigrants (and their children). Well-seasoned eggs scrambled until just-set combine at the last moment with a sweet-tart ginger-tomato sauce. Serve with lots of steamed rice. When tomatoes are out of season, canned tomatoes in juice work best.
Provided by Francis Lam
Yield Serves 2 or 3, with rice
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs well with 1 teaspoon salt, sesame oil and rice wine or sherry. In a small bowl, stir together the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water until well combined, then stir in the sugar and ketchup.
- If using fresh tomatoes, core and cut them into 1/2-inch wide wedges.
- Heat a wide nonstick skillet over high heat with 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. When the oil shimmers, add most of the scallions, saving some to garnish. Cook, stirring, until very aromatic, about 20 seconds. Add the eggs, and cook, stirring well with a spatula or chopsticks, until just set but still runny, about 45 seconds. Pour the eggs back into the mixing bowl, and wipe out the pan.
- Reheat the pan over high heat with the remaining tablespoon of oil. When it is hot, add the ginger and cook until aromatic, about 15 seconds. Add the tomatoes and salt to taste; cook, stirring occasionally, until the flesh has softened but still has some shape and the juices have begun to form a sauce, 2-3 minutes. (If using canned tomatoes, add the juice as well and cook about 4 minutes, to reduce it to a saucelike consistency.)
- Reduce the heat to medium. Give the cornstarch-ketchup mixture a stir in its bowl, then stir it into the pan. Cook, stirring, until the sauce returns to a boil and thickens. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, sugar or more ketchup - you want a savory, tart-sweet sauce. Stir the eggs in the bowl to cut up the curds a bit, then return them to the pan. Cook, stirring, for a few seconds to finish cooking the eggs and to combine. Top with the reserved scallions, and serve with steamed rice.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 351, UnsaturatedFat 22 grams, Carbohydrate 13 grams, Fat 28 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 12 grams, SaturatedFat 4 grams, Sodium 676 milligrams, Sugar 8 grams, TransFat 0 grams
CHINESE BEEF WITH TOMATOES
Looks like a long recipe but, with a little preparation, this comes together so quick and is really comforting. Also a little beef goes a long way....... We hardly eat red meat anymore but this recipe would be the exception - lovely over boiled rice.
Provided by scimietta99
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cut the beef across the grain into thin slices approximately 1 1/2 inches long. Place the beef in a bowl, add the marinade ingredients and mix in with chopsticks, adding the cornstarch last. If you like, you can also add a bit of baking soda to tenderize the beef but it isn't vital. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- While the beef is marinating, prepare the vegetables. Slice the tomatoes into six equal pieces. Chop the onions into uniform sized pieces.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat wok and add oil. When oil is ready, add the beef. Stir-fry until it changes color, and is evenly cooked. Remove from the wok and set aside. Clean out the wok and add more oil. Saute the onions, and add the tomatoes. Add the sauce. Return the beef to the wok and mix together, bringing to the boil. You may want to add a little water at this step. Once thickened and boiling remove from heat and serve immediately. You can either add some green onion as a garnish. Serve hot over rice.
CHINESE BEEF AND TOMATOES
- Thinly slice beef on the diagonal (for easy slicing,place meat in the freezer until slightly frozen);place in a snug-fitting bowl.
- Combine soy sauce,sherry,garlic,and black pepper;pour over meat,tossing to coat completely.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 to 10 hours.
- In a large skillet or wok,heat oil.
- Add green pepper and onion saute for 2 minutes.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in boiling water.
- Add beef and marinate.
- Bring to boiling point.
- Reduce heat and simmer,covered for 8 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch with cold water.
- Stir into mixture in skillet.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Cut tomatoes into wedges; add to skillet;stir gently.
- Cover and simmer, just until tomatoes are hot,about 3 minutes.
- Serve hot over rice with scallions,if desired.
BEEF WITH TOMATOES RECIPE
- Gather the ingredients.
- Cut the beef across the grain into thin slices that are approximately 1 1/2 inches long.
- Add the marinade ingredients to a bowl, stir to combine.
- Add the beef, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Heat a large pot of water to boiling. Scald the tomatoes, plunging them briefly into the boiling water, for about 1 minute.
- Remove the tomato skin and cut each tomato into 4 to 6 equal-sized pieces. If preferred, you can leave out this step, cooking the tomatoes with the skins on.
- Cut the celery and spring onions along the diagonal into sections about the same length as the beef.
- Heat a wok over medium-high to high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the heated wok. When the oil is hot, add the garlic. Cook briefly until aromatic, then add the beef. Let brown briefly, then stir-fry until it changes color and is 80 percent cooked through. Remove from the wok. Clean out the wok if necessary.
- Heat the wok and 1/2 tablespoon oil. Add the ginger. Stir-fry for a few seconds, then add the celery. Add the tomato. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of salt over top. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Give the cornstarch/water mixture a quick re-stir. Uncover the wok and push the tomatoes up to the side. Add the cornstarch and water mixture in the middle, stirring quickly to thicken.
- Add the meat back into the pan. Mix everything together. Taste and adjust the seasonings if desired. Serve hot over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 455 kcal, Carbohydrate 18 g, Cholesterol 104 mg, Fiber 3 g, Protein 33 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, Sodium 819 mg, Sugar 9 g, Fat 28 g, ServingSize 3-4 portions (3-4 servings), UnsaturatedFat 0 g
CLASSIC CHINESE TOMATO AND EGGS
- Season beaten eggs with salt.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add 1/2 of the oil. Pour eggs into the skillet; cook and stir until set, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove eggs to a plate. Heat remaining oil in the skillet. Add tomatoes; stir briefly. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until all juices are released, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in sugar to dissolve; add eggs back in and return heat to high. Cook until sauce starts to thicken, 2 to 4 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 396.8 calories, Carbohydrate 12.6 g, Cholesterol 279 mg, Fat 34.8 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 10.7 g, SaturatedFat 6.9 g, Sodium 1275.1 mg, Sugar 10.7 g
More about "chinese beef with tomatoes recipes"
CHINESE BEEF WITH TOMATOES - ASIAN IN AMERICA
Cuisine American, Asian, Chinese, FilipinoCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main CourseServings 2Calories 41 per serving
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, rice wine and cornstarch. Blend till constarch is diluted and there are no more lumps. Pour this over the beef strips. Toss well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a separate small bowl mix together: Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and rice wine. Set aside.
- In a large wok or skillet, over medium-high heat, add the cooking oil. Add the onions and garlic. Stir fry for 1 minute till fragrant and onions are translucent.
- Wash bok choy thoroughly to remove grits especially from the bottom. Slice off heavy bottom part. Place bok choy in a vegetable steamer on top of boiling water. Sprinkle a dash of salt over bok choy. Cover and steam over high heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Drain liquid and add to the Chinese Beef with Tomatoes just before serving.
CHINESE TOMATO BEEF - SIMPLE, SWEET & SAVORY
TAKEOUT STYLE CANTONESE BEEF AND TOMATO
BEEF TOMATO STIR-FRY - THE WOKS OF LIFE
BEEF, BELL PEPPER & TOMATOES WITH RICE . $4.88 - FRUGAL …
CHINESE BEEF AND TOMATOES - ANG SARAP
10 BEST CHINESE BEEF TOMATO RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHINESE BEEF AND BROCCOLI WITH TOMATO - ANDREA MEYERS
10 BEST CHINESE BEEF TOMATO RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHINESE BEEF AND TOMATO - NOSHTASTIC
CANTONESE TOMATO BEEF — CINNAMON SOCIETY
CHINESE BEEF AND TOMATO - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES …
CANTONESE TOMATO BEEF WITH EGG — GIN’S KITCHEN
CHINESE BEEF TOMATO STIR-FRY  (25-MINUTE TENDER …
CHINESE TOMATO BEEF RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
TOMATO BEEF – OLD SCHOOL CHINESE-AMERICAN FOOD MEMORIES
CHINESE BEEF TOMATO RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CHINESE BEEF STEW WITH CANNED TOMATOES AND POTATO | RECIPE
BEEF WITH TOMATO: STIR FRY : AUTHENTIC CHINESE COOKING ... - YOUTUBE
CHINESE BEEF AND TOMATO - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
15+ TENDER CHINESE BEEF RECIPES TO HAVE IN 2022
RECIPE: TOMATO BEEF (CHINESE) - FOOD NEWS
BEEF WITH TOMATOES CHINESE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
EASY CHINESE TOMATO BEEF EGG RECIPE - GALLAXY GASTRONOMY
BEEF AND TOMATO CHINESE - GETRECIPESUS.FUN
BEEF TOMATO - ONOLICIOUS HAWAIʻI
INSTANT NOODLES WITH TOMATO SAUCE AND BEEF RECIPE - SIMPLE …
TOMATO BEEF POT RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
CANTONESE BEEF AND TOMATO NOODLES - LISA G COOKS
STIR-FRIED BEEF WITH TOMATO RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
TOMATO PEPPER BEEF RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
12 BEST CHINESE BEEF RECIPES TO WHET YOUR APPETITE
BEEF AND TOMATO CHINESE FOOD - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
BEEF STEW WITH TOMATOES AND POTATOES | MISS CHINESE FOOD
CHINESE BEEF WITH TOMATOES | RECIPE | TOMATO DISHES, COOKING …
STIR-FRIED BEEF WITH TOMATO | MISS CHINESE FOOD
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #main-dish #beef #dietary #low-carb #low-in-something #meat
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make stir-fried beef with tomato?Beef is often cooked and eaten at home during the Chinese New Year. The new year is full of bullishness. Stir-fried with tomatoes is a festive color. How to make stir-fried beef with tomato? Cut beef into slices and add some ginger. Add some cooking wine. Add some light soy sauce. Add some starch and a spoon of starch.
How do you make beef tenderloin with tomatoes?Cut the beef across the grain into thin slices that are approximately 1 1/2 inches long. Add the marinade ingredients to a bowl, stir to combine. Add the beef, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Heat a large pot of water to boiling. Scald the tomatoes, plunging them briefly into the boiling water, for about 1 minute.
How do you make tomato and onion stir fry?Slice the tomatoes into six equal pieces. Chop the onions into uniform sized pieces. Mix together the sauce ingredients and set aside. Heat wok and add oil. When oil is ready, add the beef. Stir-fry until it changes color, and is evenly cooked. Remove from the wok and set aside.
How do you cook beef in a wok?For more detailed information on preparing beef for stir fry just like restaurants do it, see our post on How to Prepare Beef for Stir Fry. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to coat the wok and heat until just smoking. Spread the beef around the wok and sear for 1 minute until 80% done and remove from the wok.