CHINESE ROAST DUCK WITH PANCAKES
- Heat oven to 140C/120C fan/gas 1. Loosen the skin on the duck by wriggling first your fingers, then your hand between it and the flesh until it pulls away - be careful not to break the skin. Trim off any excess fat from cavity and skin around the neck. Rub the skin all over with the five-spice plus a good sprinkling of salt. Put the duck in a roasting tin and push the star anise, orange peel and orange halves inside. Spoon the vinegar, rice wine and stock into the cavity, don't worry if it spills out again. Cover the roasting tin with a tent of foil and cook for 2 hrs.
- Turn oven up to 240C/220C fan/gas 7. Take foil off, pour off any juices (keep for the noodles, see 'Goes well with') and return duck to the oven for 30-40 mins or until the skin is browned and crisp.
- Once cooked let it rest for 10 mins. Slice off the breasts and shred meat and skin. Pile onto a plate, keeping meat and skin separate. Keep warm in a low oven, covering meat with foil to stop it drying out but skin uncovered to crisp it further. (Remove the rest of the meat in chunks for the noodles - see 'Goes well with'.)
- Heat the pancakes and serve the duck with accompaniments.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 705 calories, Fat 46 grams fat, SaturatedFat 12 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 42 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 30 grams protein, Sodium 1.08 milligram of sodium
CRISPY DUCK PANCAKES
Don't call the Chinese takeaway for crispy duck with pancakes - our recipe is so easy to make and it's healthier, too. Serve with a classic plum sauce
Provided by Emma Freud
Categories Dinner, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 11
- The duckHeat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Mix the honey and five-spice in a bowl, then brush all over the duck. Transfer to a roasting tin and roast for 25-30 mins until bronzed. Cool for 10 mins, then shred the meat and finely slice the skin.
- Plum sauceWhile the duck is cooking, put all the plum sauce ingredients in a saucepan and simmer gently over a medium heat for 15 mins or until the plums are soft and the sauce is thick. Using a stick blender, blend until smooth.
- PancakesWhile the sauce is cooking, put the flour, 125ml boiling water and a pinch of salt in a bowl and mix together until it forms a dough. When cool enough to handle, knead for 5-10 mins. Divide it into 10 little balls and roll each one out as thin as you can. Brush a frying pan with the oil and cook each pancake over a medium heat for 20 secs each side or until cooked but not browned.
- To serveSpread a pancake with a little plum sauce. Top with the shredded duck, a few pieces of cucumber and spring onion.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 402 calories, Fat 18 grams fat, SaturatedFat 5 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 44 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 19 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 13 grams protein, Sodium 0.9 milligram of sodium
HOMEMADE CHINESE-STYLE CRISPY DUCK IN A PANCAKE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: duck legs, boiling water, soft brown sugar, rice vinegar, spring onion, ginger, salt, five spice, soft brown sugar, chinese pancakes, hoisin sauce, spring onions, cucumber
Provided by Evelyn Liu
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Lightly score into the skin of the duck legs.
- In boiling hot water, add vinegar and sugar. Stir.
- Submerge the duck legs in the glaze mix for 20 seconds.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F).
- Pad dry the duck legs with kitchen roll.
- Mix well all the marinade ingredients.
- Give the duck legs a good rub in the marinade.
- On a cooling rack set over a baking tray, place a bed of the marinade then put the duck legs on top. Make sure they are skin side up.
- Roast the duck legs for 30 minutes on 160°C (320°F).
- Turn up the oven to 200°C (400˚F) and roast the duck for another 20 minutes.
- Rest the duck legs for 10 minutes, then shred them with two forks.
- Serve with Chinese pancakes, hoisin sauce, shredded spring onions, and sliced cucumber.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 285 calories, Carbohydrate 41 grams, Fat 6 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 14 grams, Sugar 16 grams
CHINESE DUCK WITH PLUM SAUCE AND CHINOIS PANCAKES
- Prepare the ducks. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Mix 1/4 cup of the rice vinegar with the honey and brush the ducks all over with this mixture.
- Place the ducks in a roasting pan and roast them about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and pour off the accumulated fat. Give the ducks a quarter turn and return to the oven. Repeat this process for about 1 1/2 hours, or until the ducks are dark golden brown on all sides. Remember to pour off the rendered fat each time you turn them. When completely cooked, transfer the ducks to another pan and let them rest so that the fat continues to drain from the insides.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, reduce the plum wine with the mint sprigs and orange peel to a glaze. Add the vinegar and reduce it by two thirds. Add the plum puree and reduce it by half, until the flavor is quite intense. Add the demi-glace and continue to reduce the mixture by half, or until it is thickened slightly and tastes delicious. Over very low heat whisk in the butter, a little at a time. Season the sauce, to taste, with salt and pepper. Strain the sauce and keep it warm.
- Remove the breasts and legs from the duck. Place them on a grill or under a broiler or salamander until the skin is crispy.
- Slice the duck breasts into medallions. Separate the legs and thighs; arrange half a duck attractively on each plate. Sauce the duck with the plum sauce. Decorate each plate with a scallion-filled Chinois Pancake.
- Place the plums, wine and berries in a small saucepan, bring to a boil and simmer until the plums are soft, about 15 minutes. Puree the mixture in a blender or food processor and strain it through a fine sieve into a clean saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce to 1 cup. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, egg and sesame oil. Whisk in the milk, then unless your batter is completely lump free, strain into another bowl. (The batter should be the consistency of heavy cream). If the batter is too thick, add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until you get the desired consistency.
- Stir in the ginger, garlic and scallion.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick crepe pan over moderate heat. Add 2 tablespoons batter, then swirl the pan to coat the bottom with batter. Cook the pancake over high heat until golden brown. Turn it over and brown the other side. Remove from the pan and keep warm. Repeat the process until all the batter is used.
- Cut each pancake in half, place a scallion on each and roll into a cone shape.
More about "chinese roast duck with pancakes recipes"
ROB BECKETT'S CRISPY DUCK WITH PANCAKES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Servings 1Calories 496 per servingTotal Time 3 hrs
- Rub the duck all over (inside and out) with the Chinese five-spice, a pinch of sea salt, 1 tablespoon of oil and the grated ginger.
- Place the duck breast-side up in a large roasting tray and cook for 2 hours, turning the duck breast-side down halfway through.For the pancakes, heat 150ml water to 80°C (test with a kitchen thermometer, or measure out some freshly boiled kettle water and leave to cool for 4 minutes).
EASY PEKING DUCK WITH MANDARIN PANCAKES | THE WOKS OF LIFE
5/5 (19)Total Time 12 hrs 25 minsCategory Chicken And PoultryCalories 539 per serving
- Mix the salt, soy sauce, wine, and five spice powder in a small bowl and massage into the duck. Leave the duck breasts skin side up on a plate uncovered, and let sit in the refrigerator overnight to marinate and to let the skin dry out. (If you don't want to wait overnight, reduce the marinating time to 30 minutes).
- Mix the flour and salt in a heatproof bowl. Pour the boiling hot water into the flour mixture and use chopsticks or a spatula to mix until a dough ball forms. Once it is cool enough to handle, knead the dough for 8 minutes until smooth, adding flour if the dough is too sticky. Cover with plastic and allow the dough to rest at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Next, preheat the oven broiler on low heat. Heat an oven-proof pan over medium-high heat, and add 1 tablespoon of oil to coat the pan.
PEKING DUCK PANCAKE | CHINA SICHUAN FOOD
5/5 (10)Category Side DishCuisine ChineseTotal Time 20 mins
- In a large bowl, stir in hot water. Set aside until cool down. Knead until smooth dough. Covered and rest for 20 minutes.
- Take one portion out and flatten. Brush oil on the surface. Then overlay with another small portion. Roll the two pieces together.
BEIJING ROAST DUCK (PEKING DUCK PANCAKES) AND MERLOT WINE ...
4.7/5 (19)Category DinnerCuisine ChineseTotal Time 2 hrs 15 mins
- Check the inside of the duck for a bag contain the neck and giblets. Remove these and save to make stock or soup later, if desired.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, soy sauce, hot water, and Chinese Five Spice. Mix to combine. Brush the mixture over the whole duck.
CRISPY PEKING DUCK PANCAKES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Servings 6Total Time 2 hrs 5 minsCategory MainsCalories 152 per serving
- Bizarrely enough, the fact that my parents ran a pub restaurant meant that we very rarely went out for dinner as a family, but when we did, my old man used to take us out to this Chinese restaurant in Sawbridgeworth where we all fell in love with Peking duck.There are hundreds of ways of cooking duck in Asian cultures – steamed, roasted, pumped up with bicycle pumps to remove the meat from the skin – but we're at home and so we can't do with all this mucking about.
CHINESE MAKE-AWAY: HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CRISPY DUCK | FOOD ...
Estimated Reading Time 6 mins See details »
CHINESE ROAST DUCK (烤鴨) - OH MY FOOD RECIPES
5/5 (95)Total Time 1 hr 40 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 351 per serving See details »
CRISPY ROAST DUCK WITH PANCAKES & DIPPING SAUCE RECIPE ...
Servings 4Total Time 4 hrs 45 minsCategory Duck See details »
PEKING DUCK WITH MANDARIN PANCAKES AND PLUM SAUCE RECIPE
See details »
CHINESE ROAST DUCK WITH PANCAKES RECIPE
See details »
FIVE-SPICE WHOLE ROAST DUCK WITH PANCAKES, CUCUMBER ...
Cuisine ChineseCategory Main CourseServings 4
- Boil a kettle and pour the just boiled water over the duck skin. Discarding the water and pat the duck dry using kitchen paper. Rub salt, freshly ground black pepper and five-spice all over the skin.
- Roast for 1-1¼ hours, or until crisp and golden-brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to rest for 10 minutes. Shred the duck into fine pieces using two forks.
- Meanwhile, for the plum sauce, heat the olive oil in lidded pan and fry the spring onions for 1-2 minutes, or until softened. Add the spices and continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the plums, vinegar and sugar and bring the mixture to the boil. Reduce the heat until the mixture is simmering, cover with a lid and simmer for 5-6 minutes, or until the plums are tender.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and blend the mixture to a purée in a food processor. Strain the purée through a sieve into a bowl. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- For the pancakes, place the flour in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour in the boiling water and stir to form a dough. Tip the dough out onto a floured work surface and knead for 2-3 minutes, or until the dough is smooth.
- Heat a frying pan until hot and fry each pancake for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until pale golden-brown. Keep the pancakes warm until ready to serve.
CHINESE ROAST DUCK WITH GREEN ONION PANCAKES | GOURMET ...
Cuisine ChineseCategory Drink, MainAuthor Adelaide LucasTotal Time 1 hr 20 mins
- For green onion pancakes, whisk milk, egg and soy sauce together in a bowl, gradually add flour, whisking until smooth, then add green onion. Heat ½ tsp peanut oil in a 15cm-diameter frying pan over medium-high heat, add 2 tbsp pancake batter, tip pan to evenly distribute and cook until air bubbles form (1-2 minutes). Turn and cook until golden and cooked through (1-2 minutes). Repeat with remaining batter and oil. Wrap pancakes in foil and set aside.
- For pea and herb salad, blanch snowpeas (1-2 minutes), then refresh in iced water. Drain well, pat dry with absorbent paper, thinly slice diagonally and place in a bowl. Add remaining ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Remove meat and skin from duck. Thinly slice meat lengthways, place on an oven tray and place excess skin on top. Warm duck skin, duck and foil-wrapped pancakes in oven until duck skin is crisp (5-10 minutes). Thinly slice skin, combine with meat in a bowl and keep warm. Serve warm pancakes with duck, pea and herb salad and hoisin and ginger dressing.
MOM’S BEST DUCK PANCAKES (春饼, MANDARIN PANCAKES ...
5/5 (8)Total Time 1 hr 45 minsCategory SideCalories 37 per serving
- Dust working surface with flour again. Knead the dough a few times until smooth. Do not over-knead it.
- If you will be serving the pancakes immediately after cooking, you can serve them directly. They will be very tasty, even after they’ve cooled off.
PEKING DUCK WITH PANCAKES RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY | FOOD NETWORK
3.3/5 (3)Author Rachael RayCuisine AsianCategory Main-Dish
- To make the pancakes: Mix the flour, lard, and hot water together and kneed it into dough. Roll it out making the pancakes about 2 millimeters thick, cut out the pancakes in circles 5-inches in diameter. Then slightly pan-fry both sides in a hot pan without oil.
- To make the Peking duck: Rinse and pluck the duck and then hang to dry for about 15 minutes. Put the salt, pepper, hoisin sauce, and five-spice powder inside the duck to marinate it. Then put the duck into the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours.
- Hold the duck upright and pour the hot boiling water onto its body until it is puffed. Combine the corn syrup, maltose, and vinegar. Paint the duck with a thin layer of the corn syrup mixture. Hang the duck for 4 to 5 hours in a dry area while using a fan to help blow dry it. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F oven and roast the duck for 40 minutes.
- Let meat rest for 15 minutes after cooking. Remove the skin and fat layer from the duck. Scrape the fat from the skin and cut the skin into thin strips. Cut the meat into thin slices. Paint a pancake with hoisin sauce. Put the skin and meat slices onto the hoisin, top with shredded carrots and scallion slices, and then roll the pancake up. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
CHINESE PANCAKES WITH DUCK CONFIT | RICARDO
5/5 (11)Total Time 45 minsCategory Main DishesCalories 427 per serving
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the duck until heated through. Add the green onion and season with pepper.
LEFTOVER PEKING DUCK AND HOMEMADE PANCAKES RECIPE - THE ...
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
CRISPY PEKING DUCK WITH PANCAKES - FINE DINING LOVERS
Servings 4Total Time 2 hrs 30 mins See details »
GORDON RAMSAY'S CRISPY ROAST DUCK RECIPE - THEFOODXP
Category Main CourseCalories 566 per serving See details »
CHINESE ROAST DUCK & PANCAKES RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
See details »
CRISPY DUCK PANCAKES RECIPE WITH PEACH - FOOD NEWS
See details »
CHINESE CRISPY DUCK PANCAKES RECIPES
See details »
PEKING DUCK PANCAKES | PANCAKE RECIPE
See details »
DUCK PANCAKES WITH HOISIN SAUCE RECIPE - LOVEFOOD.COM
See details »
DUCK PANCAKES RECIPES
See details »
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions