CHIPOTLE CHICKEN RICE BOWL
- For the Marinade and Chicken: Add all marinade ingredients together, except chicken, to a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Rub the marinade into the chicken and marinate at least one hour, up to 4 hours. Season the chicken with salt to taste. Grill the chicken for about 5 minutes per side or until cooked through. Slice into strips.
- For the Basmati Rice: In a 2-quart heavy saucepan, heat oil or butter over low heat, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Add water and salt; bring to a full rolling boil. At boiling, cover, turn down to simmer over low heat until rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Stir in cilantro and lime juice; fluff rice with a fork.
- To Assemble: Spoon the rice into each bowl, followed by the beans, then the grilled chicken strips. Top with your choice garnishes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 751.9, Fat 36.6, SaturatedFat 7.9, Cholesterol 160.6, Sodium 246.8, Carbohydrate 48.2, Fiber 9.4, Sugar 1.2, Protein 56.6
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN AND RICE
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat oil over medium-high. Season chicken on both sides with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Working in batches, brown chicken on both sides, about 6 minutes total; transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and saute until soft, about 5 minutes, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pot (if necessary, add a bit of water to release browned bits).
- Add garlic, cumin, and chiles; cook until garlic is soft and fragrant, 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and 1 teaspoon salt and cook until tomatoes begin to break down and release their juices, 3 minutes. Stir in 1 cup water and return chicken and any accumulated juices to pot. Cover, reduce to a simmer, and cook 25 minutes.
- Remove several pieces of chicken and stir in rice, making sure it is completely submerged in liquid. Replace chicken, cover, and cook until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 25 to 30 minutes more. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 474 g, Fat 18 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 32 g
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN AND RICE WW
Another really simple and great tasting Weight Watchers recipe ( about 6 points, if you count them!). DH loves this!
Provided by Noo8820
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and add the chicken, cooking until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion, pepper and garlic to the pan and cook over a medium heat until soft. Add the rice, chipotle and cook for about a minute.
- Stir in the chicken, tomato sauce,water and olives, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat ans simmer, covered until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender ( about 20 minutes or so).
- Stir in the peas and heat through before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 318.3, Fat 12.7, SaturatedFat 3.4, Cholesterol 63.7, Sodium 285.6, Carbohydrate 32.7, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 4, Protein 17.4
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN RICE BURRITOS
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl, mix together cooked rice, salsa, pinto beans, Chipotle Chicken and 1/2 cup of the 3 Pepper Colby Jack™ cheese. Lay sandwich wrap on a clean, flat work surface. Place 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture in center of sandwich wrap and fold up like a package. Repeat with remaining wraps. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and place burritos on baking sheet; lightly spray burritos with cooking spray. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of 3 Pepper Colby Jack™ cheese. Bake for 6-8 minutes until heated through; serve warm.
CHIPOTLE CASHEW CHICKEN WITH BROWN RICE
I was in a Park City, Utah Albertson's grocery store and picked up a sack of nuts: chipotle coated raw cashews. They were gone before I made it to the check-out. I paid for the empty bag and immediately wrote this recipe based on the ingredients of those nuts. This may look like Chinese Take-Out but the maple, chipotle flavor makes for a North-Western American surprise! Leave the nuts raw - they taste buttery and extra sweet. Toasting will develop a deeper flavor, but the sweet butter nuts have a unique texture when eaten raw.
Provided by Rachael Ray : Food Network
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- In a medium pot over medium heat combine 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan, and 1 tablespoon butter. When butter melts into oil, add in the chopped onion, cook 2 minutes, then add rice and cook 3 minutes more. Add stock and cover the pot. Raise heat to bring stock to a rapid boil. Once the stock boils, reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender, 17-18 minutes.
- While rice cooks, make the chicken. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add vegetable oil, 2 turns of the pan, then the chicken. Season the chicken with grill seasoning. Brown the chicken on both sides, season with soy sauce then move off to one side of the pan. Add the remaining onions, garlic and peppers. Cook 2 to 3 minutes then add water chest nuts and green peas and mix vegetables and meat together. Add the chipotles and cumin. Toss to coat. Glaze the mixture with honey and maple syrup and turn off the heat. Add in the chopped cilantro or parsley and the cashew nuts.
- Top rice with cashew chicken and serve.
CHIPOTLE'S CHICKEN RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: boneless, skinless chicken thighs, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, vegetable oil
Provided by Kiano Moju
Yield 1 serving
Number Of Ingredients 5
- On a cutting board, season the chicken all over with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the chicken to a large zip-top bag with the chopped chipotles and mix until the chicken is fully coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, 4 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken with tongs and place on a cutting board. Let cool for 5 minutes. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Transfer the chicken back to the pan over medium-high heat and cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes, until all pieces are browned.
- Fry the onion and garlic in the oil in a deep, wide frying pan until soft. Add the chipotle paste (use 1 tbsp for a mild flavour and 2 tbsp for a hotter, stronger one). Stir and cook for 1 min, then add the tomatoes and cider vinegar. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 mins with the lid half on. Stir to make sure it doesn't get too dry.
- Add the chicken and cook for 10 mins or until cooked through, turning once. Scatter with coriander and serve with rice and soured cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 286 calories, Fat 11 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 6 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 42 grams protein, Sodium 0.64 milligram of sodium
SLOW-COOKER CHIPOTLE CHICKEN AND RICE
Heat things up with spicy chicken and chilies in the slow cooker. Handy foods like instant rice and frozen corn make preparation simple.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt. Cook chicken in skillet over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides.
- Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Mix chicken, stir-fry vegetables, corn, tomatoes, broth and chilies in cooker.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove chicken from cooker. Stir rice into mixture in cooker; return chicken to cooker. Increase heat setting to High. Cover and cook 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 480, Carbohydrate 49 g, Cholesterol 120 mg, Fat 1, Fiber 4 g, Protein 46 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 1090 mg, Sugar 8 g, TransFat 0 g
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN WITH SPANISH RICE
Chipotle peppers add smoky heat to this zippy chicken and rice dish. Chop up leftovers and stuff into bell peppers for a tasty twist. -Carolyn Collins, Freeport, Texas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Stir in beans, salsa and chipotle pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into chicken reads 170°., Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. Serve chicken with rice; sprinkle with cheese and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 578 calories, Fat 23g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 88mg cholesterol, Sodium 1638mg sodium, Carbohydrate 57g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 32g protein.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat oil over medium-high. In batches, if necessary, cook chicken skin side down until browned, about 7 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and saute until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes, scraping up any browned bits from pot. Add 2 tablespoons water.
- Add garlic, cumin, and chipotle; cook until garlic is soft and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, season, and bring to a simmer; cook 5 minutes, breaking tomatoes down with a wooden spoon. Return chicken and any accumulated juices to pot; bring to a simmer, cover, and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Serve over rice.
CREAMY CHIPOTLE CHICKEN SKILLET DINNER
A weeknight single-skillet dinner that packs a huge amount of flavor and just the right smoky heat. My family is lactose-intolerant and we adhere to a low fodmap diet. The small amount of garlic in the adobo works for us, but your mileage may vary. You can tone down the heat by serving this dish with a side of yellow rice or kick it up by adding in cayenne. Adding in the optional chipotle chilies approximately doubles the heat of the recipe.
Provided by Kayletta
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Mix together olive oil and garlic powder in a small bowl and drizzle into the hot skillet. Add diced chicken; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add onion, cilantro, and adobo sauce, then immediately add oregano, sage, cumin, and paprika. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add beans, mushrooms, asparagus, and bell pepper; stir. Add chicken stock; bring to a simmer and cook until liquid is mostly gone, 10 to 15 minutes. Add chipotle peppers, pour in half-and-half, and return to a simmer. Add cotija cheese and gently stir until cheese melts, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 291.5 calories, Carbohydrate 17.9 g, Cholesterol 65.6 mg, Fat 12.5 g, Fiber 5.4 g, Protein 27.3 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 445.8 mg, Sugar 4.6 g
CREAMY CHIPOTLE CHICKEN
- Place the chicken breasts into a slow cooker, brush with butter, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and minced garlic. Pour in the cream of chicken soup and chicken broth, and add the cream cheese, peppers, and adobo sauce. Stir the mixture gently. Cover, set the cooker to Low, and cook for 6 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 494.3 calories, Carbohydrate 8.4 g, Cholesterol 159 mg, Fat 38.1 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 29.2 g, SaturatedFat 21.5 g, Sodium 862 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
CHEESY CHIPOTLE CHICKEN & RICE DINNER
VELVEETA and pureed chipotle peppers add the cheesy and the spicy to this weeknight-easy chicken and rice dinner.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken. Sprinkle with pepper; cover. Cook 4 min. on each side or until cooked through (170°F). Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- Add bouillon and water to skillet; stir. Bring to boil.
- Stir in rice, chipotle peppers and VELVEETA. Top with chicken; cover. Reduce heat to low; cook 5 min. or until rice is tender. Stir rice before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 410, Fat 13 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Sodium 720 mg, Carbohydrate 39 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 2 g, Protein 32 g
CHEESY CHIPOTLE CHICKEN & RICE
Pureed chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and VELVEETA add a spicy-cheesy deliciousness to a chicken and rice skillet.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 to 7 min. on each side or until browned on both sides. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside. Drain fat from skillet.
- Bring water and bouillon to boil in same skillet on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Stir in rice and peppers. Top with the chicken; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 20 min. or until chicken is cooked through (180°F).
- Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm. Add VELVEETA to skillet; cook until melted, stirring occasionally. Return chicken to skillet; cover. Let stand 5 min. before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 460, Fat 19 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 95 mg, Sodium 610 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 31 g
More about "chipotle chicken and rice recipes"
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN AND RICE (MY VERSION OF ARROZ CON POLLO)
Reviews 8Estimated Reading Time 2 minsServings 6
- In a large skillet, combine the rice and the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer and cover with lid. Simmer for 18-20 minutes, just until done. Transfer to a separate dish and cover to keep warm.
- In the hot skillet, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the onion and salt and saute until tender and slightly browned, about 5-7 minutes. Add the chipotle pepper and saute for about a minute, until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and the Mexican seasonings and bring to a full simmer. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the cooked chicken to the tomato mixture and simmer another minute, just to warm. Stir in the warm rice and serve immediately. Top with sour cream or cilantro as desired. Enjoy!
CHIPOTLE LIME CHICKEN AND RICE - ONE POT! - BUDGET BYTES
4.3/5 (20)Total Time 40 minsCategory Dinner, Main CourseCalories 393 per serving
19 COPYCAT CHIPOTLE VEGAN RECIPES TO MAKE AT HOME
HOW TO MAKE CHIPOTLE CILANTRO LIME RICE WITH CHICKEN
COPYCAT CHIPOTLE CHICKEN & RICE BOWL | MRFOOD.COM
HONEY-CHIPOTLE CHICKEN AND RICE | TRIED AND TRUE RECIPES
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN OVER RICE RECIPE | MIX AND MATCH MAMA
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN & RICE BOWLS RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN WITH RICE AND BEANS | CANADIAN LIVING
EASY CROCKPOT CHICKEN AND RICE - RESTLESS CHIPOTLE
SLOW COOKER CHIPOTLE CHICKEN & SPANISH RICE - OLD EL PASO
RECIPE: CREAMY CHIPOTLE CHICKEN WITH CILANTRO RICE ... - BLUE APRON
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN QUESADILLAS WITH RICE • KROLL'S KORNER
CHIPOTLE BRAISED CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE | SIDECHEF
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN RECIPE (COPYCAT) - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN BOWL COPYCAT RECIPE - MODERN CRUMB
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN RECIPE - INSANELY GOOD
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN AND RICE SOUP | GIMME SOME OVEN
RECIPE: CREAMY CHIPOTLE CHICKEN WITH CILANTRO RICE & COTIJA …
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN FRIED RICE – DEL REAL FOODS
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN WITH CORIANDER RICE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
YAMMIE'S NOSHERY: CHEESY CHIPOTLE CHICKEN AND RICE
SLOW COOKER CHIPOTLE CHICKEN AND AVOCADO RICE SOUP.
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN BOWL - THE FOODIE AFFAIR
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN CABBAGE ROLLS – KING RECIPES
CHIPOTLE BURRITO (BUT BETTER) - JOSHUA WEISSMAN
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN AND RICE BOWL RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN TACOS - LITTLE BROKEN
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN AND RICE STEW - MEALTHY.COM
EASY CHICKEN FRIED RICE BETTER THAN TAKEOUT - THERESCIPES.INFO
ONE POT CHIPOTLE CHICKEN AND RICE - FETTY'S FOOD BLOG
HOW TO MAKE COPYCAT CHIPOTLE CHICKEN RECIPE AT HOME
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Chipotle Chicken burritos?Add the chipotle paste (use 1 tbsp for a mild flavour and 2 tbsp for a hotter, stronger one). Stir and cook for 1 min, then add the tomatoes and cider vinegar. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 mins with the lid half on. Stir to make sure it doesn’t get too dry. Add the chicken and cook for 10 mins or until cooked through, turning once.
How do you cook chicken and rice in a skillet?Heat the cooking oil in a large deep skillet over medium. Once hot, add the chicken and cook for a few minutes on each side, or until browned. The chicken does not need to be fully cooked, just browned on both sides. It will continue to cook with the rice. While the chicken is cooking, dice the onion.
What does Chipotle lime chicken and rice taste like?I’m all about cooking as much flavor into rice as possible and this Chipotle Lime Chicken and Rice is FLA-VOR-FUL! You’ve got a hefty dose of spices, tangy lime juice, and a bunch of flavor from the chicken that cooks right in the same pot.
How do you cook chicken and rice in a crock pot?Stir in 1 cup water and return chicken and any accumulated juices to pot. Cover, reduce to a simmer, and cook 25 minutes. Remove several pieces of chicken and stir in rice, making sure it is completely submerged in liquid.