CHIPOTLE MACARONI AND CHEESE
I think I'm really beginning to acquire the taste for chipotles, this is only the second time I've made anything with these smokey peppers. I found this recipe in a recent issue of Cooking Light. It only uses 2 peppers so if you want to save the rest for future use, just lay on waxed paper and freeze, once frozen, wrap each pepper and store in freezer bag.
Provided by J e l i s a
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil 2 cups macaroni according to package (do not overcook), drain.
- Reserve 1 adobo sauce and set aside.
- Finely chop 2 chipotle peppers, onions and green peppers.
- Melt butter in heavy pot over med-high heat, toss chopped ingredients and stir.
- Cook until onion is tender, then sprinkle with 2 T of flour.
- Allow to cook for about 30 SECONDS then reduce to medium.
- Stir in the can of diced tomatoes w/chilies-- aka Rotel (I used tomatoes with jalapenos instead).
- Simmer for 3 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Now add the reserved adobo, cottage cheese, milk, cheddar, parmesan, macaroni and egg, stir well and pour mixture into casserole dish.
- Melt tablespoon of butter and add breadcrumbs, stir until breadcrumbs are moist, sprinkle mixture over pasta.
- You can also lightly sprinkle some more shredded cheddar over it before baking for 30 minutes until browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 355.4, Fat 10.8, SaturatedFat 6.2, Cholesterol 63.3, Sodium 804.5, Carbohydrate 39.4, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 4.2, Protein 24.4
CHIPOTLE MAC AND CHEESE
This macaroni and cheese is smoky, spicy, and absolutely delicious. You can adjust the spice level by adding more or less chipotles.
Provided by Krisha Stevens
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the macaroni, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray, and place the macaroni into the bottom of the dish. Heat milk in a saucepan until hot but not boiling.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, and cook and stir the onion, garlic, and chipotle chiles until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Whisk in flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, and let cook for about 3 minutes, whisking constantly to avoid burning. Whisk in the hot milk, 1/2 cup at a time, and stir in paprika, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a simmer (do not boil), whisking constantly until thickened, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the cheeses, about 1/2 cup at a time, and stir until the cheeses have melted and the sauce is thick and smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the macaroni in the baking dish, and stir gently to combine. Cover the dish with foil.
- Bake covered until the dish is bubbling and the macaroni has absorbed some of the sauce, about 40 minutes. Uncover, and bake until golden brown on the edges, 10 to 15 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 383.5 calories, Carbohydrate 36.1 g, Cholesterol 54.6 mg, Fat 19.7 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 15 g, SaturatedFat 11.9 g, Sodium 263.6 mg, Sugar 3.8 g
CHIPOTLE MACARONI AND CHEESE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend 2 cups half and half, chipotle pepper(s), bouillon cubes and garlic in a blender or food processor until well blended. Pour into a large saucepan; add onion powder, black pepper, remaining 2 cups of half and half and corn starch. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil; boil and stir for 1 minute or until very thick. Remove from heat.
- Gradually stir in cheeses until melted. Add cooked pasta and stir until blended. Pour mixture into a greased 3-quart casserole dish (or 13 x 9-inch pan) and sprinkle with desired topping.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until browned and bubbly around edges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 556 calories, Carbohydrate 44.2 g, Cholesterol 98.4 mg, Fat 31.5 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 23.3 g, SaturatedFat 18.4 g, Sodium 986.2 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
CHIPOTLE MACARONI AND CHEESE
This is my favorite way to make mac n cheese, it's a little smokey & spicy. I like to add fresh chopped tomatoes on top right before serving if they're in season.
Provided by PDX CakeGirl
Yield 1 cup, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Cook macaroni as directed, drain.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 T. butter in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in flour and mix until combined. Let cook 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in a little milk, whisking until smooth then adding more and repeating until all the milk is added and the sauce is smooth.
- Use spoon to stir in 2 cups of cheese, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in minced chipotle and adobo.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Combine sauce and drained, cooked macaroni. Place in 2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Melt remaining 1 T. butter and mix with breadcrumbs.Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- You can skip the oven portion, if you do omit the extra cheese and breadcrumbs.
CHIPOTLE GOUDA MAC AND CHEESE
Provided by Food Network
Yield 4-6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F. Melt butter in saucepan on low heat. Remove from heat, blend in flour, salt and pepper. Add milk, and place back on burner at low heat; stirring constantly until sauce thickens slightly and is smooth. Add cheese, heat until melted, stirring occasionally. Combine cooked macaroni and cheese sauce in a 2-quart oven safe casserole dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
More about "chipotle macaroni and cheese recipes"
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #north-american #lunch #side-dishes #eggs-dairy #pasta #oven #vegetarian #cheese #dietary #inexpensive #pasta-rice-and-grains #elbow-macaroni #equipment
You'll also love