BOURBON TRIPLE CHOCOLATE CAKE
- For the cake: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line two 8-inch cake pans with parchment circles and spray thoroughly with nonstick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large measuring cup, blend the eggs, sour cream and vanilla.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, blend the melted butter and oil on low speed until incorporated. Mix in the coffee and bourbon. Slowly add the flour mixture; mix until smooth. Add the egg mixture and mix until thoroughly blended.
- Divide the batter between the prepared cake pans. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow the cakes to cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- While cakes are in the oven, whip up the filling: Melt the baking chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the salted butter and granulated sugar on high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Drizzle in the melted chocolate and vanilla and whip until combined. Adjust the mixer to medium speed and add the eggs, one at a time, mixing for 5 full minutes between each addition. Once the eggs are incorporated, chill the filling for 30 minutes to firm up.
- For the ganache: Place the bittersweet chocolate in a metal bowl. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the heavy cream just to a boil, then pour it over the chopped chocolate. Whisk until smooth. Let cool to room temperature.
- To assemble the cake: Level and split the cake layers with a serrated knife. Layer the ganache and filling alternately to build an attractive layer cake. Chill the cake completely, then pour lukewarm ganache over the top, allowing plenty to drip down the sides of the cake.
- When you can't hold back any longer, slice and enjoy!
CHOCOLATE BOURBON CAKE
My friend Judy celebrated Thanksgiving with a sumptuous meal and for dessert she served an array of different pastries and one of them was this Chocolate Bourbon Cake. A wonderful time was had by all and with time I will post some of the fantastic foods from that beautiful evening. She made two and three of everything so as to be able to feed a couple other families - it was lovely!
Provided by Manami
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- MAKE COFFEE-BOURBON SYRUP:.
- Bring sugar, eater and coffee to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook 5 minutes; remove from heat & stir in bourbon.
- MAKE CHOCOLATE-BOURBON CAKE:.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Grease a 9- x 2-inch cake pan, line the bottom with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Combine bourbon and sugar in a large saucepan; bring mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat, and add chocolate and butter, stirring until smooth.
- Set aside, and let cool to room temperature.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until very well blended.
- Fold in flour and 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- Set pan in a large roasting pan filled to depth of 1 inch with hot water.
- Bake at 375°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes, basting with Coffee-Bourbon Syrup every 15 minutes after a crust has developed on cake's surface.
- Cool cake; cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- Transfer cake onto a serving plate, and dust with remaining 1 tablespoon cocoa powder.
- Top with hazelnuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 241, Fat 13.2, SaturatedFat 7.8, Cholesterol 96.6, Sodium 104.1, Carbohydrate 24, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 23, Protein 2.3
CHOCOLATE BOURBON CAKE
- 1 . Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a large bundt pan (10 cup capacity), or two 8- or 9-inch loaf pans. Melt chocolate in a microwave oven or in a double boiler over simmering water. Let cool. 2 Put instant espresso and cocoa powder in a 2-cup (or larger) glass measuring cup. Add enough boiling water to come up to the 1 cup measuring line. Mix until powders dissolve. Stir in whiskey and salt; let cool. 3 Beat softened butter until fluffy (2-3 minutes on high). Add sugar and beat until well combined. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract, baking soda and melted chocolate, scraping down sides of bowl with a rubber spatula. 4 With the mixer on low speed, beat in a third of the whiskey espresso cocoa mixture. When liquid is absorbed, beat in 1 cup flour. Repeat additions, ending with whiskey mixture. Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake until a cake tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes for Bundt pan (loaf pans will take less time, start checking them after 55 minutes). 5 Transfer cake to a rack. Unmold after 15 minutes and sprinkle warm cake with more whiskey. Let cool. Sprinkle powdered sugar through a mesh sieve over the cake before serving.
COLETTE'S CHOCOLATE BOURBON COCONUT CAKE
- Place the sifted flour in a medium bowl and stir in the baking soda and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, place the chocolate and the butter. Pour the hot coffee over the chocolate and butter and then add the bourbon. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let stand until chocolate and butter are melted. Remove the cover and whisk to fully incorporate. Set aside until mixture has cooled.
- Grease and flour 2 (8-inch) round cake pans. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
- When coffee mixture has cooled, add the sugar and whisk until blended. Add the flour mixture, half at a time and stir until just combined. Add the eggs, vanilla, and coconut and whisk until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans for about 10 minutes and then cool completely on a rack before icing.
- While cakes are cooling, make ganache: Place the chocolate in a large bowl. Heat the cream in a saucepan just until it starts to boil. Immediately pour the cream over the chocolate, making sure that all of the chocolate is covered. Cover the bowl and let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk the chocolate until dark and shiny and then let cool to room temperature. The more you whisk this icing as it cools, the stiffer it will get. If you refrigerate the icing before you put it on the cake, it will get very hard and you will have to microwave it for a few seconds to soften it to a spreadable state.
- Frost cake: Spread ganache over bottom layer of cake. Place the second cake layer on top of the ganache. Frost the top and sides of the cake with the remaining ganache.
CHOCOLATE BOURBON CAKE
This recipe is for a 12-cup Bundt cake pan. (Alternatively, you can also use two 9-inch round cake pans for a layer cake with two layers and fill it with this maple mascarpone frosting or a buttercream filling of your choice. The layers take less time to bake than the bundt cake does, start checking them at about 30 minutes.)
Provided by Adapted from Epicurious.
Number Of Ingredients 21
- Head on over to Epicurious for instructions. (Use the teaspoon of instant espresso powder and the 1 ½ cups of water instead of coffee).
- Add cream, butter, espresso powder, vanilla and salt into a saucepan, bring to a boil and stir until you have a uniform consistency.
- Take off the heat and add the Bourbon.
- Pour the hot cream mix over the chocolate and let sit for 1 minute.
- Stir together until everything is well combined and no chocolate clumps remain. (You may need to heat the mixture over a pot of hot water to get rid of the last pieces of chocolate).
- Pour over the cake and let set.
- Serve with whipped cream and/or raspberry jam.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 536 kcal, Carbohydrate 64.4 g, Protein 6.2 g, Fat 28 g, SaturatedFat 17.2 g, Cholesterol 85 mg, Sodium 253 mg, Fiber 4.5 g, Sugar 43 g, ServingSize 1 serving
WHISKEY-SOAKED DARK CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE
This recipe is a more sophisticated (and boozier) version of one found in Maida Heatter's "Book of Great Chocolate Desserts." The cake is rich, dense and full of chocolate, with a spicy, peppery, burnt caramel tang.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories snack, cakes, dessert
Yield 10 to 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Grease and flour a 10-cup-capacity Bundt pan (or two 8- or 9-inch loaf pans). Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In microwave oven or double boiler over simmering water, melt chocolate. Let cool.
- Put espresso and cocoa powders in a 2-cup (or larger) glass measuring cup. Add enough boiling water to come up to the 1 cup measuring line. Mix until powders dissolve. Add whiskey and salt; let cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat 1 cup butter until fluffy. Add sugar and beat until well combined. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract, baking soda and melted chocolate, scraping down sides of bowl with a rubber spatula.
- On low speed, beat in a third of the whiskey mixture. When liquid is absorbed, beat in 1 cup flour. Repeat additions, ending with whiskey mixture. Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake until a cake tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes for Bundt pan (loaf pans will take less time, start checking them after 55 minutes).
- Transfer cake to a rack. Unmold after 15 minutes and sprinkle warm cake with more whiskey. Let cool before serving, garnished with confectioners' sugar if you like.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 440, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 53 grams, Fat 23 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 6 grams, SaturatedFat 14 grams, Sodium 208 milligrams, Sugar 34 grams, TransFat 1 gram
CHOCOLATE BOURBON PECAN CHEESECAKE
This Kentucky bourbon pecan cheesecake will wow your guests and your taste buds. Serve in spring during the Kentucky Derby or at any other special occasion throughout the year. -Rashanda Cobbins, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place a greased 10-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy duty foil. Securely wrap foil around pan. Combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake until set, 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 325°., Meanwhile, drizzle caramel topping over crust; sprinkle with pecans. , In another bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and remaining flour until smooth. Beat in eggs and yolks just until combined. Stir in cream and bourbon. Pour into crust; place springform pan in larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake until center is almost set, 65-70 minutes. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife, remove foil. , Chill for 8 hours or overnight, covering when completely cooled. Remove sides of pan. If desired, just before serving, top with whipped cream, pecans and caramel sauce. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 525 calories, Fat 35g fat (18g saturated fat), Cholesterol 153mg cholesterol, Sodium 378mg sodium, Carbohydrate 45g carbohydrate (38g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 8g protein.
RITZ-CARLTON CHOCOLATE BOURBON CAKE
For chocoholics only! Can't tell you which newspaper published this or when (another one of Mom's clippings). When the original requested recipe arrived it listed the ingredients for 15 cakes! Doug Flick, assistant pastry chef recalculated to make a single 9-inch cake and tested the reduced version in the Ritz-Carlton kitchens.
Provided by ElaineAnn
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Soak currants in bourbon and water overnight, or heat liquid and let currants soak for 1 hour.
- Beat egg yolks and confectioners' sugar to full volume, until thick and lemon colored and mixture forms a ribbon.
- In a clean bowl, with clean beaters, beat whites, gradually adding granulated sugar, t soft peaks.
- Add yolks to whites and mix at medium speed. Add melted butter until incorporated.
- Remove from mixer and fold in melted chocolate, walnuts, and currants (with 2 tablespoons of liquid they soaked in).
- Add flavorings and fold in cake flour. Pour into a greased and floured 9-inch springform pan lined with baking parchment.
- Place pan on a large sheet of heavy-duty foil wrap and shape to contour of pan at least halfway up. Bake in a water bath (a roasting pan filled halfway with water will do) at 275° about 3 to 3 1/2 hours, or until a knife poked in center is just a little moist. Don't be alarmed by crust forming on top; the top will be turned over and become the bottom.
- When cake is cool, remove from pan and turn over. Melt the remaining 8 ounces of chocolate and the butter separately. Add the butter to the chocolate and mix well.
- Pour over the cake, frost top and sides and refrigerate until firm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 742.9, Fat 51.2, SaturatedFat 28.6, Cholesterol 155.4, Sodium 44.1, Carbohydrate 70.9, Fiber 6.5, Sugar 51.7, Protein 9.6
More about "chocolate bourbon cake recipes"
CHOCOLATE BOURBON CAKE RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
BOURBON-CHOCOLATE TIPSY CAKE | BETTER HOMES
BOURBON CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE | RECIPELAND
10 BEST VANILLA BOURBON CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
BOURBON CHOCOLATE CAKE - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
BEST CHOCOLATE BOURBON CAKE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK …
2.4/5 (26)Category Bake,Chocolate,Dessert,Eggs And DairyServings 8-10Total Time 40 mins
CHOCOLATE BOURBON CAKE - SIMPLE PLEASURES
CHOCOLATE BOURBON CARAMEL MACARON CAKE | HBH - HALF BAKED …
THIRD TIME’S THE CHARM: CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE WITH BOURBON GLAZE
BOURBON LAYER CAKE WITH BOURBON GANACHE AND MILK CHOCOLATE …
4 INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE BOURBON BISCUIT CAKE RECIPE
CHOCOLATE BOURBON CAKE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CHOCOLATE BOURBON CAKE RECIPE - OLIVE OIL CAKE
BOURBON CHOCOLATE CAKE * RECIPE
BOURBON-CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH BROWNED BUTTERCREAM RECIPE
CHOCOLATE-BOURBON CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BOURBON CHOCOLATE TIPSY CAKE - I AM BAKER
RAISING A GLASS TO KENTUCKY BOURBON CAKE, A BOOZY SOUTHERN …
NYT CHOCOLATE CHERRY CAKE - COOKIE MADNESS
CHOCOLATE BOURBON PECAN CAKE | PAULA DEEN
BOURBON CHOCOLATE CAKE | URBAN BAKES
BOURBON CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CHOCOLATE BOURBON CAKE RECIPE – EPISODE +12 RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS
CHILE CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE BOURBON FROSTING
BOOZY CHOCOLATE BOURBON CAKE | FOODTALK
BOURBON CHOCOLATE CAKE * RECIPE
CHOCOLATE BOURBON BISCUIT CAKE - SIMS HOME KITCHEN
THIS KENTUCKY DERBY BOURBON CAKE WILL WIN THE RACE | TASTE OF …
BOURBON SALTED CARAMEL CHOCOLATE CAKE | THE OVEN LIGHT
BOOZY CHOCOLATE BOURBON CAKE - WALLFLOUR GIRL
BOOZY BACON CAKE RECIPE | CAKE WITH BOURBON BACON CRUMBLES
CHOCOLATE-BOURBON POUND CAKE - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE PECAN BOURBON CAKE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
CHOCOLATE BOURBON CAKE RECIPE | USE REAL BUTTER
BOURBON-CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH PRALINE FROSTING RECIPE - SOUTHERN …
CHOCOLATE BOURBON PECAN CAKE - THE CAKE BLOG
CHOCOLATE BOURBON MUD CAKE RECIPE - COOKIE MADNESS
CHOCOLATE BOURBON CAKE - FOOD RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make the Perfect Bourbon and sugar cake?Stir in the bourbon and salt. Set aside and let cool. Beat butter until fluffy (2-3 minutes on high using an electric mixer). Add sugar and beat a minute longer. Add the eggs one at a time, beating a minute after each addition. Add the vanilla extract, baking soda and melted chocolate.
What's the deal with Bourbon and chocolate cake?In the cake layers, bourbon and cocoa mingle together to create a sponge that's deeply rich and decadent (here, the bourbon works double-duty to add both flavor and moisture).
What is the best recipe for a chocolate cake?Line bottoms of pans with parchment paper; coat paper with baking spray. Whisk together granulated sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk together eggs, milk, oil, bourbon, and vanilla in a small bowl; add to flour mixture, and whisk until just combined.
How do you make a Bourbon and cocoa latte?Put instant espresso powder (or instant coffee) and cocoa powder in a large (at least 2 cup) glass measuring cup. Add enough boiling water to come up to the 1 cup measuring line. Mix until powders dissolve. Stir in the bourbon and salt.