- Caramel sauce:
- In a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the sugar with 1/4 cup of water.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until the mixture turns a deep golden brown. Remove from the heat and carefully whisk in the heavy cream, vanilla extract and salt. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Combine the cookie crumbs and chocolate chunks in a large resealable bag.
- Using a large round ice cream scoop, scoop out a ball of ice cream and leave it in the scoop. Poke a hole in the center of the scoop with a handle of a wooden spoon and put a cherry into the hole. Cover the hole with a bit of ice cream and put the scoop of ice cream into the bag of cookies and chocolate pieces. Shake around pressing gently to completely coat the ice cream. Put the scoop on a tray and freeze for 30 minutes. Repeat the process with remaining ingredients.
- Before serving, divide the caramel sauce among 4 plates. Remove the Tartufos from the freezer and slice them in half. Arrange 2 halves on each plate and garnish with mint sprigs.
CHERRY-CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Put the cherries, 2 tablespoons sugar and the rum in a medium saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until syrupy, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool, then refrigerate until cold, at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk and the remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat, whisking to dissolve the sugar. Whisk the egg yolks in a small bowl. Gradually whisk about 1/2 cup of the warm milk mixture into the eggs, then whisk the egg mixture into the saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture coats a spoon and registers 168 degrees F on a candy thermometer, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat; add the semisweet and unsweetened chocolate and the butter and set aside until the chocolate melts, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the chocolate mixture to a blender and puree until smooth. Pour into a large bowl and stir in the heavy cream and vanilla. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Churn the chilled chocolate mixture in an ice cream maker. Strain the cherry mixture, reserving the syrup. When the ice cream is very thick, add the cherries and continue churning until incorporated. Transfer to a freezer-safe container. Drizzle in the reserved cherry syrup and swirl with a spoon. Cover and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
DIVINE CHERRY CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Deliciously creamy homemade ice cream is combined with chocolate chunks and maraschino cherries. Though not an exact replica of an ice cream flavor that you may have seen in the store, this frozen dessert is sinfully rich!
Provided by Shannon :)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Stir together cream, milk, sugar, and the juice from the jar of cherries in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat. Place the egg yolks into a large bowl, then whisk in hot cream, about 2 tablespoons at a time, until you have added 2 cups.
- Whisk the hot yolks into the saucepan of hot cream, then cook on low, stirring constantly, until the mixture reaches 170 degrees F (75 degrees C). It will have thickened enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Pour the mixture into a container, cover, and refrigerate until cold, about 6 hours.
- Chop the reserved maraschino cherries, then stir into the cold custard along with almond extract, and chopped chocolate. Pour into ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 390.7 calories, Carbohydrate 33.3 g, Cholesterol 168.1 mg, Fat 26.7 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 5.2 g, SaturatedFat 16 g, Sodium 41 mg, Sugar 24.2 g
Is there anything sweeter than a Valentine's Day treat designed for sharing? This elegant, easier-than-it-looks take on tartufo, the Italian frozen dessert, is made by packing two types of ice cream into a bowl, topping them with a cookie-crumb mixture, then turning the whole thing out and coating it with a chocolate shell. It usually has a maraschino cherry hidden inside -- but ours, of course, has two.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Line a small domed glass bowl (ours was 4 1/2-inch-diameter with a 1 1/3-cup capacity) with plastic wrap, leaving a 4-inch overhang on all sides. Pack 1 ice cream flavor into each side of bowl. Make an indentation in each flavor; place a cherry in each and cover with ice cream. Wrap in plastic and freeze until firm, at least 2 hours and preferably overnight.
- In a bowl, mix together cookie crumbs and 1 teaspoon oil. Fold back plastic and press crumb mixture onto ice cream; smooth with an offset spatula. Rewrap and freeze at least 15 minutes.
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over (not in) a pan of simmering water. Stir until melted. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil.
- Fold back plastic from ice cream. Invert bowl onto a wire rack set over a baking sheet. With a hot cloth, wipe outside of bowl to loosen. Lift bowl and completely remove plastic. Pour chocolate over top, starting in center and working outward, in one stream.
- Freeze tartufo on rack to harden, at least 5 minutes. Serve, or wrap loosely in plastic and keep frozen up to a week. To serve, transfer to a plate with a thin metal spatula (if it sticks, dip spatula in hot water and wipe dry).
TARTUFO (ITALIAN ICE CREAM) RECIPE
Native to Southern Italy, Tartufo is a simple no-bake dessert recipe made with ice cream, cherries, cookie crumbs, and homemade chocolate magic shell.
Provided by Clarice Lam
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Gather the ingredients.
- Let the ice creams stand at room temperature for 10 minutes to soften slightly. Line 6 small (about 5-ounce) ramekins or bowls with plastic wrap.
- In a food processor , grind the chocolate wafer cookies. If you don't have a food processor you can place the cookies in a sealable plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush them as fine as possible. Place the crumbs into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Using a spoon scoop some vanilla ice cream into each plastic-lined ramekin about halfway full.
- Place a cherry on top of the ice cream in the center of each scoop.
- Scoop enough pistachio ice cream over the cherry to fill the rest of the ramekin.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the cookie crumbs to cover the surface of the pistachio ice cream and pull the edges of the plastic wrap together to close. Freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the magic shell by melting the chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl at increments of 45 seconds, giving a little stir between heatings. When it is almost completely melted take it out of the microwave and stir using the residual heat to melt the rest.
- Add the coconut oil and whisk until completely combined and smooth.
- Take the ramekins out of the freezer and unwrap each tartufo, placing them cookie-crumb-side-down on a wire rack over a parchment-lined rimmed sheet tray.
- Pour the magic shell over each dome of ice cream to completely coat. Tap the sheet tray on the counter lightly to shake off any excess chocolate.
- Carefully lift each tartufo off the wire rack using a small offset spatula and gently place them one at a time in the bowl of cookie crumbs. Roll the tartufo to coat, gently pressing the crumbs into the chocolate, if necessary, to make them stick.
- Place them on a plate and freeze for 1 hour before serving. Or wrap each one individually in plastic wrap and store them in a large air-tight container in the freezer until needed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 654 kcal, Carbohydrate 73 g, Cholesterol 34 mg, Fiber 5 g, Protein 7 g, SaturatedFat 26 g, Sodium 159 mg, Sugar 56 g, Fat 42 g, ServingSize 8 servings, UnsaturatedFat 0 g
CHOCOLATE-CHERRY ICE CREAM TARTUFO
- Line 9 x 5 x 2 1/2-inch metal loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving 3-inch overhang on all sides. Using small flexible spatula, quickly spread softened cherry vanilla ice cream evenly over bottom and up sides of prepared pan. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle 1/4 cup chopped almonds, then maraschino cherries over ice cream in bottom of pan. Spread softened chocolate-chocolate chip ice cream over, filling pan completely. Freeze until ice cream is firm, about 1 hour.
- Bring 1 1/2 cups cream and corn syrup to simmer in medium saucepan. Remove from heat. Add both chocolates and whisk until smooth. Whisk in both extracts. Cool ganache to room temperature, whisking occasionally, about 45 minutes.
- Spread 2/3 cup chocolate ganache over top of ice cream. Freeze until chocolate is very firm, about 2 hours.
- Rewarm chocolate ganache over low heat just until fluid if necessary. Cool to room temperature (mixture will thicken slightly). Line baking sheet with waxed paper. Run small knife around sides of loaf pan to loosen ice cream loaf. Invert loaf onto prepared sheet; peel off plastic wrap. Working quickly and using small flexible spatula, spread 1 cup chocolate ganache over top and sides of ice cream loaf, covering ice cream completely and forming 1/4-inch-thick coating (reserve remaining ganache). Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup chopped almonds over top and sides of chocolate-covered ice cream loaf. Freeze until chocolate is firm, about 1 hour. (Can be made 1 week ahead. Cover tartufo with plastic wrap and keep frozen. Refrigerate remaining ganache.)
- Add remaining 1/4 cup cream to ganache and rewarm over low heat to use as sauce. Cut tartufo into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Cut each slice diagonally in half, forming 2 triangles. Place 2 triangles on each plate. Drizzle with warm ganache
CHOCOLATE COOKIE & ICE CREAM TARTUFO
Tartufo is Italian for "truffle" and these ice cream balls coated in crushed cookies and melted chocolate resemble large chocolate dessert truffles.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Scoop ice cream into 6 balls, using 1/2-cup ice cream scoop. Roll in cookie crumbs. Place on wax paper-covered baking sheet; cover. Freeze 2 hours or until firm. Melt chocolate with oil in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Cool.
- Place wire racks over large sheets of wax paper. Remove ice cream balls from freezer; place on wire rack. Spoon 1 heaping Tbsp. melted chocolate over each ball, coating top and side of each ball. Freeze at least 1 hour or until firm.
- Spoon raspberry sauce onto 6 dessert dishes or plates. Cut each tartufo in half or quarters; arrange over sauce. Garnish with fresh raspberries. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 490, Fat 24 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 220 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 6 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 6 g
EASY CHERRY-CHOCOLATE CHUNK ICE CREAM
- Place cherries in a food processor; process into small pieces.
- Mix heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, milk, and vanilla extract together until well combined. Pour into an ice cream maker and turn on. Add the chopped cherries while the machine is running; freeze until desired consistency is reached, about 20 minutes. Stir in chocolate chunks.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 458.2 calories, Carbohydrate 46.7 g, Cholesterol 89.8 mg, Fat 28.6 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 7.2 g, SaturatedFat 17.5 g, Sodium 91.9 mg, Sugar 43.4 g
Chocolate ice cream studded with chopped cherries and coated with cookie crumbs, then enrobed in thick chocolate and frozen in this make-ahead recipe. It's just spectacular, and so easy to make! Tartufo is an Italian ice cream dessert that usually is made of gelato. the ice cream is scooped into balls and covered with chocolate.
Provided by Witch Doctor
Categories Frozen Desserts
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Mix chopped cherries into the ice cream. Scoop ice cream mixture into six balls using an ice cream scoop. Roll in crushed cookies. Place on wax paper-lined cookie sheet and freeze until firm, about two hours.
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with oil, stirring until smooth. Cool.
- Place coated ice cream balls on a wire rack. Spoon melted chocolate over each ball, coating the top and sides. Freeze again until firm, at least 1 hour. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.
"Tartufo" is Italian for truffle. The original "truffles" were created just after the French revolution by French chefs and were chocolate confections made to resemble like their prized fungi cousin in the Perigord region of France. These sweet confections were given at Christmas time as gifts. Sometime around the Victorian era is when the frozen truffle came about when the idea of molding ice creams into various shape like flowers, fruit, and other foods became popular. It has been only during recent times that ice cream "truffles" or "tartufos" have made a renaissance, of sorts. Typically, in Italy, a tartufo is a vanilla ice cream ball that has a cherry and some nuts in the center. The ball is then dipped in chocolate and can be covered with nuts or chocolate shavings. (Cook time is Chilling time)
Provided by Ashbabe
Categories Frozen Desserts
Yield 10 Tartufo's, 10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Soak cherries in rum.
- Sift sugar; cocoa, and instant coffee together and place in a heavy sauce pan.
- Add the water and mix well.
- Bring to a boil and cook until everything is well mixed.
- While syrup is cooking, whip the egg yolks until light and fluffy.
- Reduce the speed of the beaters to the lowest level and add the hot syrup in a continuous fine stream.
- Continue beating until the mixture is thick and forms a ribbon pattern when the beater is pulled away.
- Chill well. (about an hour).
- Whip the cream with the 2 tablespoons of rum until stiff.
- Fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Arrange foil lined paper cups in a muffin pan.
- Fill each cup 1/3 of the way full.
- Place a cherry in each cup then fill the rest of the way.
- Freeze at least 4 hours (preferably overnight).
- Before serving pipe whipping cream on top if desired.
- It will keep in the freezer for about a month wrapped tightly in aluminum foil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 259.8, Fat 15.6, SaturatedFat 8.9, Cholesterol 99, Sodium 14.8, Carbohydrate 28.9, Fiber 2.7, Sugar 22, Protein 3.7
More about "chocolate cherry ice cream tartufo recipes"
CHOCOLATE-CHERRY TARTUFOS - COOKSTR.COM
Category Cookstr RecipesEstimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Make the interiors. Use a paper towel to coat the inside of eight 8-ounce baking ramekins or custard cups with shortening. Tear off a large sheet of plastic wrap and fold it over to double it. Make a fist with your working hand and drape the plastic over your fist, covering it completely. Insert your fist into the cup all the way to the bottom. Release the plastic from your hand and push it up against the bottom and sides of the dish, helping it adhere to the shortening. Allow any excess plastic to hang over the edge (make sure you have lots of excess doubled plastic visible, which you’ll need later to unmold the contents). Wrap the excess plastic around and under the cups for easy handling. Clear a shelf in your freezer. Line a large shallow baking sheet or tray with waxed paper, and place it in the freezer to chill.
- Remove only the cherry vanilla ice cream from the freezer so it can reach a spreadable, but not soupy, consistency. Working with one mold at a time, use a small icing spatula or a spoon to spread a generous layer of ice cream about ½ inch thick on the bottom and up the sides of the plastic-lined cups. Place each mold in the freezer while you continue with the rest. Let the first layer of ice cream firm up for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, remove the chocolate ice cream from the freezer to soften. When it is spreadable, sprinkle the chopped almonds liberally over the first layer of ice cream, along with a few pieces of chopped cherries. (Reserve some of the nuts for the garnish.) Use the spatula to fill the cups with the chocolate ice cream, smoothing the tops. Freeze the cups for at least 2 hours or up to a few days, covered with waxed paper.
- Make the ganache. Melt the two types of chocolate together either in the top of a large double boiler over barely simmering water while stirring constantly, or in the microwave on medium power for about 4 minutes, occasionally stopping to stir, until perfectly smooth. Stir in the corn syrup. Heat the cream in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Slowly pour the cream into the bowl of chocolate, still over barely simmering water, while stirring constantly. When perfectly smooth, remove from the heat. Whisk in the cherry and vanilla extracts, then push the ganache through a medium-mesh sieve directly into another bowl using a rubber spatula. Set the bowl aside to cool for about 20 minutes.
- When the ganache is perfectly cool but still pourable, uncover the tartufos and spoon a generous tablespoon of the ganache over the top of the ice cream, and use the small spatula to cover the top evenly. As the ganache gets cold, it will become more difficult to move around, so spread quickly. Scrape off any excess ganache as you spread, placing it on the edge of an empty bowl. Freeze the tartufos, uncovered, for 30 minutes, then cover the tops loosely with plastic wrap and freeze them for at least 2 hours or up to overnight. If finishing the tartufos today, leave the ganache at room temperature. If planning to continue tomorrow, store the remaining ganache in the refrigerator, well covered. To use the remaining ganache, let it come close to room temperature, then reheat the ganache briefly to thin it to a pourable consistency. Let it sit, however, until completely cool.
SIMPLE & DELICIOUS ALLERGY-FRIENDLY RECIPES - THE …
CHERRY ICE CREAM - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
EASY TARTUFO RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
COPYCAT CHERRY GARCIA ICE CREAM RECIPE - CHISEL & FORK
TARTUFO - REDBOOK
TARTUFO (DARK CHOCOLATE ICE-CREAM) - COOKING UP A STORM CULINARY ...
MATCHA CHOCOLATE TARTUFO ICE CREAM (VEGAN)
RECIPE: TARTUFO ICE CREAM DESSERT STEP BY STEP WITH PICTURES
CHOCOLATE CHERRY ICE CREAM (NO-CHURN) | JERNEJ KITCHEN
ROASTED CHERRY CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
CHOCOLATE CHERRY ICE CREAM CAKE - HOME COOKING ADVENTURE
ROBINHOOD | CHOCOLATE CHERRY ICE CREAM
TARTUFO ICE-CREAM - (20-MINUTE RECIPE) - ALL RECIPES GRAM
CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE TARTUFO RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ICE CREAM TRUFFLES (TARTUFO-STYLE) - RICARDO
TARTUFO: HOW TO MAKE THIS ITALIAN ICE CREAM DESSERT
CHOCOLATE CHERRY ICE CREAM SANDWICHES - HONEST AND TRULY!
TARTUFO - VANILLA ICE CREAM DOME - EXTREME COUPONING MOM
35 CHOCOLATE AND CHERRY DESSERTS YOU HAVE TO TRY - TASTE OF HOME
CHOCOLATE TARTUFO | ALLRECIPES.COOKING
TARTUFO ICE CREAM RECIPE - KITCHEN FOLIAGE
TASTY TARTUFO RECIPE. 2 VANILLA AND 2 CHOCOLATE WITH BRANDIED …
TARTUFO: SUMMERTIME GELATO TREAT! - LEARN TRAVEL ITALIAN
CHOCOLATE-CHERRY ICE CREAM TARTUFO RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
RAW CHOCOLATE TARTUFO RECIPE - UNCONVENTIONAL BAKER
BEST PISTACHIO CHOCOLATE TARTUFO WITH SOUR CHERRY SAUCE RECIPES
TARTUFO RECIPE (CLASSIC CHOCOLATE-COVERED VERSION) | KITCHN
CHOCOLATE-CHERRY TARTUFOS | RECIPE | CHOCOLATE CHERRY, DESSERTS, …
CHOCOLATE TARTUFO | BEST CHOCOLATE
CHOCOLATE AND CHERRY ICE CREAM - RICARDO
RECIPE FOR ICE CREAM SANDWICHES | LOW CARB VEGAN ICE CREAM
CHOCOLATE PISTACHIO TARTUFO FOR TWO - PROUD ITALIAN COOK
TARTUFO DI PIZZO: THE GREATEST ICE CREAM IN THE WORLD
CHOCOLATE-PISTACHIO TARTUFO RECIPE | RECIPE | DESSERTS, TARTUFO …
THE BEST CHERRY CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM RECIPE | FOODAL
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make Cookie Tartufo with ice cream?Spread and flatten up to the sides of the bowl. Add the vanilla ice cream and spread in an even layer. Press the rest of the cookie crumbs into the vanilla ice cream to create a cookie base. Fold the cling wrap up over the top of the tartufo and place the bowl in the freezer overnight.
Is there a chocolate and vanilla Tartufo recipe?Chocolate and Vanilla Tartufo Recipe. - The Pretty Bee Home » Desserts » Chocolate and Vanilla Tartufo Recipe. Chocolate and Vanilla Tartufo Recipe. This chocolate and vanilla ice cream tartufo is coated with chocolate cookie crumbs and has a cherry inside.
How do you make chocolate ice cream with cherries?Pour into a large bowl and stir in the heavy cream and vanilla. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours or overnight. Churn the chilled chocolate mixture in an ice cream maker. Strain the cherry mixture, reserving the syrup. When the ice cream is very thick, add the cherries and continue churning until incorporated.
What is a Tartufo dessert?This elegant, easier-than-it-looks take on tartufo, the Italian frozen dessert, is made by packing two types of ice cream into a bowl, topping them with a cookie-crumb mixture, then turning the whole thing out and coating it with a chocolate shell. It usually has a maraschino cherry hidden inside -- but ours, of course, has two.