COCONUT CREAM CAKE II
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cake mix, oil, eggs, sour cream and cream of coconut. Mix until well blended. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Make the frosting while your cake cools. In a medium bowl, cream together the confectioners sugar, cream cheese and milk. Stir in the vanilla. Frost cooled cake then sprinkle with coconut.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 293.2 calories, Carbohydrate 42.5 g, Cholesterol 37.7 mg, Fat 12.9 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 6.4 g, Sodium 195.1 mg, Sugar 35.9 g
CHOCOLATE COCONUT CREAM BARS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: shredded coconut, coconut cream, maple syrup, salt, dark chocolate chips, coconut cream, shredded coconut
Provided by Mercedes Sandoval
Yield 16 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine shredded coconut, coconut cream, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt to a food processor and blend until mixture becomes easily moldable. You may have to press down the mixture and reblend a few times for this to happen.
- Pour mixture into an 8x8-inch (20x20-cm) pan lined with parchment or wax paper. Press down firmly with a rubber spatula and smooth mixture into an even layer.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Prepare chocolate layer by combining dark chocolate chips and coconut cream in a bowl. Microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring mixture thoroughly in between.
- Pour chocolate mixture on top of the coconut cream layer and spread into an even layer with a rubber spatula.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut on top.
- Freeze for 1 hour, or until chocolate layer has set.
- Cut into 16 squares.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 296 calories, Carbohydrate 31 grams, Fat 19 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 2 grams, Sugar 28 grams
Layer upon layer of rich dark cocoa cake filled with light and fluffy whipped cream, this chocolate-walnut torte is a chocolate lover's dream!
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Heat over to 350°F. Place cooking parchment paper or waxed paper in bottoms of two 9-inch round cake pans. In medium bowl, mix walnuts, crushed cookies, brown sugar and butter until crumbly. Spread about 3/4 cup mixture in each pan; reserve remaining mixture.
- In large bowl, beat all cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour about 1 1/4 cups batter over topping in each pan; refrigerate remaining batter.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until tops spring back when touched lightly. Immediately remove from pans to cooling rack; peel off paper. Repeat with remaining topping mixture and batter. Cool completely.
- In chilled large bowl, beat whipping cream, granulated sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on high speed until stiff. Place 1 cake layer, walnut side up, on serving plate; spread with about 3/4 cup of the filling. Repeat with remaining layers and filling.
- Or place whipped cream for top layer in decorating bag fitted with star tip number 6. Pipe rosettes in center of cake; garnish with chocolate leaves. To make chocolate leaves, wash and dry leaves. In 1-quart saucepan, melt chocolate chips and shortening over low heat, stirring constantly. Using small brush, brush chocolate about 1/8 inch thick over backs of leaves. Refrigerate at least 1 hour until firm. Peel off leaves, handling as little as possible. Cover and refrigerate torte about 4 hours or until chilled. Store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 610, Carbohydrate 62 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Fiber 3 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 11 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 440 mg
CHOCOLATE COCONUT CREAM CAKE
I had to make this cake at work on Easter and it was just beautiful so I made it at home and jazzed it up. You will be quite happy with this cake. Color the coconut on top any color you like.
Provided by NinjaPirateDragon
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Butter the sides of two 9-inch cake pans and line the bottoms of the pans with 9-inch parchment paper.
- Beat unsalted butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Stir flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- Whisk egg whites, milk, and coconut extract in a separate bowl.
- Thoroughly mix about 1/3 of the flour mixture into the creamed butter and sugar; stir in half the egg white-milk mixture. Repeat twice more, ending with final 1/3 of flour mixture; stir to make a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pans and smooth tops with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center of a cake comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool cakes in pans on racks for about 5 minutes before turning out onto racks to cool completely. Peel parchment paper from cakes.
- Stir sweetened condensed milk, 1/4 cup heavy cream, and vanilla extract together in a bowl; stir in 3/4 cup flaked coconut. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Bring 1/2 cup heavy cream to a simmer over low heat; gradually stir in chocolate until thoroughly melted and the mixture is thick and smooth. Allow to cool to lukewarm.
- Place a cake layer onto a serving platter; top with the condensed milk-coconut mixture. Place second cake layer over the coconut filling. Spread warm chocolate mixture evenly over top and sides of cake with a thin spatula.
- Toss 1 cup flaked coconut in a bowl with food coloring until coconut is evenly colored; sprinkle coconut over chocolate topping to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 710.1 calories, Carbohydrate 91.8 g, Cholesterol 75.9 mg, Fat 35.3 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 11 g, SaturatedFat 22.7 g, Sodium 292.3 mg, Sugar 68.4 g
CHOCOLATE & COCONUT CREAM TORTE
My grandmother passed this recipe down to me years ago and now I make it for my own grandchildren. When preparing, make sure the chocolate layer is properly chilled before adding the next layer, or the coconut will sink into it. -Jason Purkey, Ocean City, Maryland
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large bowl, mix wafer crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom and 2 in. up sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan., Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; let stand 5 minutes. Stir with a whisk until smooth. Pour over prepared crust. Refrigerate 1 hour., In a large saucepan, combine coconut milk, coconut and sugar; bring just to a boil. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl, reserving strained coconut; return coconut milk mixture to saucepan. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water until smooth; stir into coconut milk mixture. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat., In a small bowl, whisk egg and egg yolk. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg mixture; return all to pan, whisking constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat., In a microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over remaining cold water; let stand 1 minute. Microwave on high for 30-40 seconds. Stir and let stand until gelatin is completely dissolved, 1 minute. Whisk gelatin mixture into coconut milk mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour, whisking every 15 minutes., In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into coconut milk mixture. Spoon reserved strained coconut into prepared crust. Spread filling over coconut. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight before serving., Remove rim from pan. Top with toasted coconut.,
Nutrition Facts : Calories 691 calories, Fat 49g fat (32g saturated fat), Cholesterol 107mg cholesterol, Sodium 265mg sodium, Carbohydrate 63g carbohydrate (49g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
DARK CHOCOLATE COCONUT CREAM TART
You know that famous candy bar with creamy coconut covered in chocolate with a little almond top? Well I decided to make a tart inspired by that delicious treat and cousins, let me tell you, this decadent dessert tastes just like that candy bar (but it's so much better).
Provided by Kardea Brown
Yield One 10-inch tart (6 to 8 servings)
Number Of Ingredients 23
- For the crust: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 10-inch tart pan with a removeable bottom. Pulse the toasted almonds in a food processor until finely ground. Add the cookie crumbs, granulated sugar, and salt. Pulse until combined. Gradually add the melted butter and pulse until a dough forms. Pat the mixture into and up the sides of the tart pan. Bake until the crust is set, 13 to 15 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Place the chocolate in a medium bowl. Bring the heavy cream and corn syrup to a simmer in a small saucepan. Pour the cream mixture over the chocolate and stir until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. Pour the ganache into the prepared crust. Refrigerate or freeze until firm, about 15 minutes.
- For the filling: Bring the coconut milk and whole milk to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks, granulated sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a heavy stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until pale and thickened. Gradually add a quarter of the hot milk mixture, whisking constantly. Whisk in the remaining milk and return the mixture to the saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens (do not boil). Remove from the heat. Stir in the butter, vanilla, and toasted coconut. Pour into the prepared crust. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until cooled, about 30 minutes.
- For the almond whipped cream: Beat the heavy cream and confectioners' sugar in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Add the almond extract, if desired, and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon the whipped cream over the tart and garnish as desired.
CHOCOLATE TORTE WITH COFFEE CREAM
- Preheat a convection oven to 375 degree F. If using a regular oven preheat to 400 degrees F.
- Bring some water to a simmer in a medium pot over medium heat. Put 3/4 cup of the butter and 3/4 cup of the chocolate into a bowl that fits on top of the pot without the bottom of the bowl touching the water. Put the bowl onto the pot. When the butter and chocolate have melted, remove it from the heat and whisk in the powdered sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks and eggs over the simmering water to warm the eggs. Fold in the chocolate mixture, then fold in the cake flour.
- Spray 6 (4-ounce) cake tins with nonstick cooking spray. Fill the tins to 1/2-inch from the top with the batter. Arrange the tins on a baking sheet and bake until they are set around the edges but are still liquid in the center, about 10 to 12 minutes. Check them after 10 minutes, don't overcook them or the center will not be liquid. Remove them from the oven and let them sit for 1 minute.
- While the torte is baking, put the remaining 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup chocolate chips into a bowl, melt them as before, and keep it warm. Beat the heavy cream in a large bowl until it forms soft peaks. Quickly beat in the coffee liqueur and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Slice the strawberries in half, leaving the stem on 1 half. Sprinkle the cut sides with sugar and caramelize them using a brulee torch.
- Brush a wide stripe of the melted chocolate across each serving plate. Arrange the caramelized strawberries above the stripe. Unmold each torte on top of the stripe on 1 side. Put a dollop of the whipped cream on the other side of the stripe. Top the whipped cream with the chopped nuts and a light dusting of cocoa powder. Garnish with mint sprigs and serve.
BLUE VELVET COCONUT TORTE
This elegant and luscious Blue Velvet Coconut Torte is a welcome addition to any holiday buffet. Made with Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ white cake mix, coconut and white chocolate.
Provided by Heather Baird
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with shortening; lightly flour.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, buttermilk and egg whites with electric mixer on medium speed. Beat in melted white chocolate. Add about 20 drops blue food color to batter; mix well. Scrape down bowl; mix again until no white streaks remain. Pour batter into pans. Bake as directed on cake mix box for 2 (9-inch) rounds. Cool cakes completely before frosting.
- Level each cake using large serrated knife or cake leveler. Cut each cake in half horizontally so there are four cake layers total. Reserve 1/2 cup frosting for later use; use remaining frosting to fill and frost entire cake.
- Press coconut onto top and sides of cake. Transfer reserved 1/2 cup frosting to decorating bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe rosettes around top edge of cake. Top each rosette with silver button. Press candy snowflakes standing upright into top of cake. Store cake loosely covered.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Serving
COCONUT CREAM TORTE
"This three-layer cake is rich and yummy," says Carol Barton from Bowling Green, Kentucky. Sour cream is the secret ingredient in the creamy frosting that's chock-full of coconut and pecans. "If you fix this dessert a day ahead, it tastes even better," she adds. "Just cover and refrigerate it."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12-16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. , Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire racks to cool completely., In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, coconut, pecans and sugar. , Place one cake on a serving platter; spread with a third of the sour cream mixture. Repeat layers twice. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts :
Leave the sides of this crowd-pleasing Chocolate-Coconut Torte unfrosted so they can admire the layers of lusciousness beneath the whipped topping.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Cut each cake layer horizontally in half.
- Pour milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. (Mixture will be thick.) Stir in 1 cup of the coconut.
- Place 1 of the bottom cake layers on serving plate; cover with 1/3 of the pudding mixture. Repeat cake and pudding layers 2 times; top with remaining cake layer. Stir remaining coconut into whipped topping; spread over top of cake. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Store leftover cake in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 210, Fat 9 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 360 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 3 g
More about "chocolate coconut cream torte recipes"
VEGAN CHOCOLATE TART (NO-BAKE) - LOVING IT VEGAN
10 BEST CHOCOLATE COCONUT DESSERTS RECIPES | YUMMLY
ALMOND CHOCOLATE COCONUT TORTE | COOKSTR.COM
CHOCOLATE COCONUT CREAM CAKE | A TASTE OF MADNESS
CHOCOLATE TORTE RECIPE | CHOCOLATE DESSERTS | TESCO …
WONDERFUL DIY AMAZING CHOCOLATE COCONUT CREAM TORTE
BASIC CHOCOLATE FROSTING - COCONUT CREAM RECIPE
CHOCOLATE COCONUT CREAM TORTE | BLUE FLAME KITCHEN
Servings 12Calories 409 per servingCategory Desserts And Baking
CHOCOLATE AND COCONUT CREAM TORTE - MY ALBERT LEA
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
FUDGY COCONUT CREAM CAKE - KING ARTHUR BAKING
NO-BAKE COCONUT CREAM TORTE - FARM FLAVOR RECIPE
CHOCOLATE & COCONUT TORTE - VITALLY VEGAN
CREME DE CACAO TORTE | RECIPES
CHOCOLATE & COCONUT CREAM TORTE
RECIPE OF QUICK CHOCOLATE LAYER TORTE WITH COCONUT CREAM FILLING …
CHOCOLATE CREAM TORTE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
COCONUT - CHOCOLATE TORTE RECIPE
CHOCOLATE & COCONUT CREAM TORTE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE …
CHOCOLATE COCONUT TORTE | MADE IN HACKNEY
CHOCOLATE & COCONUT CREAM TORTE | RECIPE | CHOCOLATE COCONUT, …
CHOCOLATE CREAM TORTE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
RAW CHOCOLATE COCONUT CREAM TORTE - THE ELATED VEGAN
CHOCOLATE COCONUT TORTE CAKE - IN FINE TASTE
RECIPE | AMARETTI CHOCOLATE TORTE | ART AND SOUL
CHOCOLATE COCONUT CREAM TORTE | BLUE FLAME KITCHEN | RECIPE
CHOCOLATE COCONUT TORTE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
CHOCOLATE COCONUT PINWHEEL COOKIES - THERESCIPES.INFO
CHOCOLATE TORTE WITH WHIPPED CASHEW CREAM
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CREME TORTES WITH WHIPPED CREAM - FREE …
CHOCOLATE CREAM TORTE RECIPE | RECIPELAND
CHOCOLATE COCONUT CREAM PATTY RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
DECADENT CHOCOLATE TORTE RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
CHOCOLATE & COCONUT CREAM TORTE | RECIPE | COCONUT CREAM, …
VEGAN TOASTED COCONUT, CHOCOLATE AND BASIL TORTE RECIPE
GHIRARDELLI CHOCOLATE COMPANY
You'll also love