DIPPED CHOCOLATE LOGS
When my sister and I were little, we used to beg my mother and grandmother to make these buttery chocolate cookies during the holidays. Now, as moms ourselves, we get together every year to make Christmas cookies, and the chocolate logs are always on the top of our list. —Deanna Markkos, Western Springs, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 3 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix cocoa and hot water until smooth; cool slightly., In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in egg yolks, vanilla and cocoa mixture. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture (dough will be stiff)., Cut a large hole in the tip of a pastry bag; insert #829 or other open star pastry tip. Working in batches, pipe dough to form 2-1/2-in.-long logs, 2 in. apart, onto ungreased baking sheets., Bake until firm, 18-22 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely., For glaze, in a small bowl, mix cocoa and hot water until smooth; stir in butter, milk and vanilla. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, mixing until smooth., Dip each cookie halfway into warm glaze, holding cookie at a slight angle; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. Immediately sprinkle with pecans and nonpareils. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 140 calories, Fat 7g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 26mg cholesterol, Sodium 56mg sodium, Carbohydrate 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein.
CHOCOLATE-DIPPED BROWN SUGAR SHORTBREAD
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange two racks evenly spaced in the oven.
- Place the butter and brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix on medium speed just until the butter and sugar are combined so you don't whip a lot of air into it. With the mixer on low, add the vanilla and scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and salt. With the mixer on low, slowly add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture and mix just until the dough comes together.
- Scoop out 1-ounce pieces of dough (about a tablespoon), roll each one into a ball, then roll it into a 2 1/2-inch-long log. Place the logs 2 inches apart on two sheet pans lined with parchment paper and bake for 15 to 17 minutes, until the cookies start to brown around the edges and spring back when lightly touched. Set aside to cool on the pans.
- For the coating, place the chocolate and the butter in a heatproof bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir the mixture vigorously and continue to microwave in 30-second increments until the chocolate is just melted.
- Drag half of the rounded top of each cookie through the chocolate and place it, chocolate side up, on a piece of parchment paper. While the chocolate is still warm, sprinkle on the pecans. Repeat with all the cookies. Set aside for at least 30 minutes for the chocolate to firm.
CHOCOLATE DIPPED PECAN LOGS
This shortbread cookie is chock full of nuts and then dipped in bittersweet chocolate. Adapted from All Butter Fresh Cream Sugar Packed Baking Book by Judy Rosenberg. Enjoy!
Provided by Sharon123
Yield 36 cookies
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 325*F.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or leave the sheets ungreased.
- Using electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter, sugar and vanilla in medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy, about 1 1/2 minutes. Stop the mixer once or twice to scrape down bowl with rubber spatula.
- Add flour and salt and blend on medium speed about 1 minute. Scrape the bowl and add the nuts with several more turns of the mixer.
- Measure out slightly rounded tbls. of dough and shape them into little logs 2 1/2" long. Place the logs 1 1/2" apart on prpared cookie sheets. Flatten slightly with your palm so they are about 1 1/2" wide.
- Bake cookies until lightly golden, about 30-35 minutes. Cool on cookie sheets.
- When cookies are cool, melt the chocolate in top of double boiler placed over simmering water.
- Pour the melted chocolate into a small deep bowl and dip half of each cookie into the chocolate, using the rim of the bowl to scrape any excess chocolate off the bottom of the cookie.
- As they are dipped, place the cookies on a large sheet of waxed paper and allow to set until the chocolate hardens, several hours. If it is a humid day, refrigerate them in order to speed the procees. Enjoy!
CHOCOLATE COVERED PECANS
- Combine the chocolate chips and cream in a medium metal bowl, and set on top of a pan of simmering water. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Stir pecan halves into the chocolate until completely coated.
- Remove a few pecans at a time with a slotted spoon. Separate pecan halves and place onto a waxed paper lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate for 10 minutes to set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1024.4 calories, Carbohydrate 42.1 g, Cholesterol 30.6 mg, Fat 98.6 g, Fiber 12.8 g, Protein 12.1 g, SaturatedFat 19.3 g, Sodium 13.1 mg, Sugar 27.2 g
CHOCOLATE-DIPPED PEANUT LOGS
A cookie exchange introduced me to these fancy peanut butter treats. They're eye-catching for the holidays and bake sales.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 8-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large bowl, cream the peanut butter, butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. , Shape into 2-in. logs. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. , In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each cookie into coating; allow excess to drip of. Dip into peanuts. Place on waxed paper to set.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 77 calories, Fat 4g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 7mg cholesterol, Sodium 55mg sodium, Carbohydrate 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
- Microwave chocolate morsels in a microwave-safe bowl on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring at 30-second intervals.
- Dip half of each pecan in melted chocolate; place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- Let cool completely.
- Store in a single layer in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 41.5, Fat 2.8, SaturatedFat 1, Cholesterol 0.2, Sodium 0.2, Carbohydrate 4, Fiber 0.6, Sugar 3.1, Protein 0.4
CHOCOLATE-DIPPED PECAN WEDGES
Serve these nutty pecan wedges glazed with chocolate chips made using Gold Medal® all-purpose flour - a sweet treat.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with foil; grease foil with shortening. In food processor, place flour, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, salt and 3/4 cup butter. Process until consistency of coarse crumbs. Add egg; process until dough forms a ball. Press in pan.
- Bake 15 minutes, until edges are lightly golden. Cool on cooling rack. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. In 3-quart saucepan, cook brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1 cup butter and honey over medium heat until butter melts. Increase heat to high; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in pecans, whipping cream and orange peel. Pour over crust.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until filling is set at least 2 inches from edge of pan but center still jiggles slightly. Cool completely. Cut into 6 rows by 3 rows; cut each cookie in half diagonally. In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and shortening 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. Dip tip of each triangle into glaze. Sprinkle with salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 305, Carbohydrate 29 g, Fat 4, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, ServingSize 1 wedge, Sodium 101 mg
More about "chocolate dipped pecan logs recipes"
10 BEST CHOCOLATE COVERED PECANS RECIPES - YUMMLY
CHOCOLATE PECAN LOGS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
- Combine sugar, water, and syrup in a medium-size saucepan, stirring well; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil. Cover and boil 2 to 3 minutes to wash down sugar crystals from sides of pan. Rinse stirring spoon to remove sugar crystals.
- Add butter to syrup mixture, and return to a boil. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches soft ball stage (240°).
- Pour syrup onto a marble slab or cookie sheet that has been wiped with a clean, moist cloth. (Do not scrape syrup from pan. ) Cool syrup to lukewarm (110°).
- Using a candy scraper or stiff spatula, scrape syrup together into center mass; spread mass out over slab, using long, firm strokes. Continue scraping together and spreading the syrup mixture 10 minutes or until mixture becomes crumbly and too stiff to stir. Moisten hands. Scrape mixture into a ball. Knead with heel of hand 5 minutes or until mixture is smooth and holds its shape. (Do not over knead.)
CHOCOLATE-DIPPED PEANUT LOGS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF …
CHOCOLATE COVERED PECAN PIE BITES - BAKE BELIEVE BAKING CHIPS
CHOCOLATE DIPPED PECAN SANDIES RECIPE - COOKING | ADD A PINCH
CHOCOLATE-DIPPED ORANGE LOGS - NORINE'S NEST
CHOCOLATE-DIPPED PECAN WEDGES | RECIPE | CHOCOLATE DIPPED, …
CARAMEL PECAN LOGS | CRAFTYBAKING | FORMERLY BAKING911
CHOCOLATE-DIPPED PECANS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
SHORTBREAD LOGS DIPPED IN CHOCOLATE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
CHOCOLATE DIPPED PECAN SANDIES (SHE: KATHY) - OR SO SHE SAYS...
[RECIPE] DARK CHOCOLATE DIPPED PECAN LOGS : BAKING
OLD-FASHIONED PECAN LOGS RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
CHOCOLATE DIPPED PECAN SHORTBREAD COOKIES - JULIA'S ALBUM
RECIPE: PECAN LOGS - RECIPELINK.COM
CHOCOLATE-DIPPED PECAN LOGS | PECAN LOG, CHOCOLATE PECAN, …
CHOCOLATE-DIPPED PECAN LOGS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CHOCOLATE DIPPED PECANS RECIPE - ADD A PINCH
STICKY CHEWY CHOCOLATE PECAN ROLLS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
RECIPE: CHOCOLATE-DIPPED PECAN BARS | PEOPLE.COM
DARK CHOCOLATE DIPPED PECAN SANDIES - RECIPES
CHOCOLATE CARAMEL PECANS LOGS | MRS CAVANAUGHS
COCONUT PECAN CHOCOLATE LOGS - HOME TRENDS MAGAZINE
CHOCOLATE-DIPPED PECAN SHORTBREAD, EASY RECIPE | KEEBLER
THE SCOOP KITCHEN: DARK CHOCOLATE DIPPED PECAN LOGS
CHOCOLATE DIPPED TOFFEE PECAN SHORTBREAD COOKIES
SHORTBREAD LOGS DIPPED IN CHOCOLATE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
CHOCOLATE DIPPED MAPLE LOGS RECIPE
CHOCOLATE LOGS CANDY RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CHOCOLATE DIPPED ORANGE LOGS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CHOCOLATE DIPPED PECAN SANDIES RECIPE - RODELLE KITCHEN
DARK CHOCOLATE DIPPED PECAN SANDIES
CHOCOLATE DIPPED PECAN LACE COOKIES
CHOCOLATE DIPPED CINNAMON PECAN BISCOTTI - OLIVIA'S CUISINE
CHOCOLATE-DIPPED PECANS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
WHITE CHOCOLATE DIPPED OATMEAL PECAN COOKIES FROM ... RECIPE
RECIPE: PECAN DIPPED CHOCOLATE CAKE - DUNCAN HINES CANADA®
COCONUT PECAN CHOCOLATE LOGS | RECIPE | HOLIDAY BAKING, COOKIE …
DIPPED CHOCOLATE LOGS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
#weeknight #60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #desserts #fruit #american #southern-united-states #holiday-event #vegetarian #cookies-and-brownies #chocolate #nuts #grains #dietary #gifts #low-sodium #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you glaze cookies with pecans?Dip each cookie halfway into warm glaze, holding cookie at a slight angle; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. Immediately sprinkle with pecans and nonpareils. Let stand until set.
How long does it take to bake a 2 inch log cake?Working in batches, pipe dough to form 2-1/2-in.-long logs, 2 in. apart, onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake until firm, 18-22 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. For glaze, in a small bowl, mix cocoa and hot water until smooth; stir in butter, milk and vanilla.
What kind of cookies do you dip in chocolate?Chocolate Dipped Toffee Pecan Shortbread Cookies one of the ultimate holiday treats! Crisp and tender butter toffee shortbread slices are dipped in chocolate and finished with more sweet toffee. So much decadence in one cookie!