GORDON RAMSAY'S CHOCOLATE FONDANT
A gooey, decadent dessert-a hot pudding with a molten middle--irresistible! This is perfect for entertaining, as it can be made way ahead of time. They will sit happily in the fridge overnight, or in the freezer for up to a month (baking from frozen, add 5 minutes extra onto cooking time). I strongly advise you to make some extras as an 'insurance policy' to allow for any errors. I can assure you that they won't go to waste if all goes to plan. Once you have mastered this recipe, feel free to experiment with flavourings--add Baileys, Cointreau or finely grated orange zest to the chocolate-the possibilities are endless! Try serving it with recipe #353546. Gordon claims that this is the best selling dessert in his restaurants!
Provided by Noo8820
Yield 9 Fondants
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Using upward strokes, heavily brush the melted butter all over the inside of nine 150 ml pudding moulds. Place them into the fridge or freezer. Once they are chilled, brush more melted butter over the chilled butter, then add a good spoonful of cocoa powder into the mould. Tip the mould so the powder completely coats the butter. Tap any excess cocoa out, and then repeat with all of the moulds.
- Place a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, and then slowly melt the chocolate and butter together. Remove bowl from heat and stir until smooth. Leave to cool for about ten minutes.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs and yolks together with the sugar until thick and pale and the whisk leaves a trail. Sift the flour into the eggs, and then beat together.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the egg mixture in thirds, beating well between each addition until all the chocolate is added and the mixture is completely combined to a loose cake batter.
- Tip the fondant into a jug, then evenly divide between the moulds. These can now be frozen for up to a month and cooked from frozen. If not freezing, chill for a minimum of 20 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Heat the oven to 200/180/Gas 6.
- Place the fondants on a baking tray then cook for 10-12 minutes until the tops have formed a crust and they are starting to come away from the sides of their moulds. Remove from the oven, and then let them sit for 1 minute before turning out.
- Loosen the fondants by moving the tops very gently so they come away from the sides, easing them out of the moulds. Tip each one slightly onto your hand so you know that it has come away, then tip back into the mould, put a plate on top and turn it over.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.
A gooey prepare-ahead dessert that's perfect for entertaining - it's all a matter of timing...
Provided by Gordon Ramsay
Yield Makes 9 fondants
Number Of Ingredients 8
- First get your moulds ready. Using upward strokes, heavily brush melted butter (use 50g in total) all over the inside of the pudding mould. Place the mould in the fridge or freezer. Brush more melted butter over the chilled butter, then add a good spoonful of cocoa powder into the mould. Tip the mould so the powder completely coats the butter. Tap any excess cocoa back into the jar, then repeat with the next mould.
- Place a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, then slowly melt 200g good-quality dark chocolate and 200g butter, both chopped into small pieces, together. Remove the bowl from the heat and stir until smooth. Leave to cool for about 10 mins.
- In a separate bowl whisk 4 eggs and 4 egg yolks together with 200g golden caster sugar until thick and pale and the whisk leaves a trail; use an electric whisk if you want. Sift 200g plain flour into the eggs, then beat together.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the egg mixture in thirds, beating well between each addition, until all the chocolate is added and the mixture is completely combined to a loose cake batter.
- Tip the fondant batter into a jug, then evenly divide between the moulds. The fondants can now be frozen for up to a month and cooked from frozen. Chill for at least 20 mins or up to the night before. To bake from frozen, simply carry on as stated, adding 5 mins more to the cooking time.
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Place the fondants on a baking tray, then cook for 10-12 mins until the tops have formed a crust and they are starting to come away from the sides of their moulds. Remove from the oven, then leave to sit for 1 min before turning out.
- Loosen the fondants by moving the tops very gently so they come away from the sides, easing them out of the moulds. Tip each fondant slightly onto your hand so you know it has come away, then tip back into the mould ready to plate up.
- Starting from the middle of each plate, squeeze a spiral of caramel sauce - do all the plates you need before you go on to the next stage.
- Sit a fondant in the middle of each plate. Using a large spoon dipped in hot water, scoop a 'quenelle' of ice cream.
- Carefully place the ice cream on top of the fondant, then serve immediately. Repeat with the rest of the fondants.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 581 calories, Fat 40 grams fat, SaturatedFat 21 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 52 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 30 grams sugar, Protein 9 grams protein, Sodium 0.55 milligram of sodium
These are decadent French chocolate wonders. Hardly any flour and unbelievably easy to do. Sometimes I make them toward the end of dinner when unexpected friends drop in. Straight from the oven, they will be runny in the center (on purpose). Eat while still warm. These will not have the same impact cold on the next day.
Provided by Lynn Pennec
Categories World Cuisine Recipes European French
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). Butter and flour a large 4-cup muffin tin.
- Melt butter and semisweet chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat; stir until smooth and shiny, about 3 minutes.
- Mix 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar and flour together in a bowl. Add eggs 1 at a time. Add butter-chocolate mixture gradually; stir until well combined. Pour evenly into the prepared muffin cups; add a candy kiss in the center of each one, making sure it is covered by the chocolate mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until mostly set but still runny in the center, about 10 minutes. Allow to cool before eating, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 195.3 calories, Carbohydrate 20.2 g, Cholesterol 83.6 mg, Fat 12.1 g, Fiber 1.1 g, Protein 3.7 g, SaturatedFat 6.7 g, Sodium 64 mg, Sugar 17 g
POURED CHOCOLATE FONDANT
Use this thick icing to decorate our Fruitcake Cookies.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Dessert & Treats Recipes
Yield Makes 1 3/4 cups
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Whisk together sugar and cocoa in a medium saucepan. Whisk in 1/2 cup water and corn syrup; place over low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until warm to the touch, about 4 minutes. Stir in chocolate until melted and smooth, about 1 minute more. Add additional warm water as needed to keep proper consistency, and rewarm as needed in a microwave or over a double boiler.
DUNCAN'S PERFECT CHOCOLATE FONDANTS
Guaranteed melt-in-the-middle hot chocolate fondants. Extremely easy to make using a food mixer, and your guests will love cutting into these to find the hot, rich chocolaty sauce running straight out of the middle. Turn the fondants out of the ramekins onto 6 dessert plates and serve each with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Provided by Duncan Meyers
Categories Desserts Chocolate Dessert Recipes Dark Chocolate
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Mix 1 teaspoon flour and cocoa powder together in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter 6 metal pudding ramekins and use a fine sieve to dust the insides with the flour-cocoa powder mixture.
- Place chocolate and 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter in a heatproof bowl and set over a saucepan of boiling water. Stir until melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove bowl from the saucepan and set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy. Whisk in 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour gradually until smooth. Stir in the cooled melted chocolate-butter mixture.
- Whisk egg whites together in a bowl, using a clean whisk, until stiff. Fold gently into the chocolate-butter mixture. Pour into the prepared ramekins.
- Bake in the preheated oven until risen but slightly undercooked inside, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Carefully remove ramekins from the oven and loosen the sides of each cake with a round-bladed knife.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 363.7 calories, Carbohydrate 36.1 g, Cholesterol 131.3 mg, Fat 22.9 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 5.5 g, SaturatedFat 10.7 g, Sodium 136.3 mg, Sugar 26 g
ALICE'S FONDANT FILLING FOR CHOCOLATES
Recipe handed down from my mother-in-law. There are many variations of flavor included at bottom of recipe.
Provided by juliec
Yield 36 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Combine ingredients in heavy saucepan. Boil until it reaches a soft ball stage. Pour into buttered dish to cool.
- After mixture is cooled, pour on clean surface and beat with wooden paddles until light and airy. Just as mixture "turns" mix in flavoring until thoroughly blended inches.
- Refrigerate to cool completely. Form into balls. Dip in desired chocolate.
- Peppermint (peppermint extract to taste).
- Maple Walnut (maple flavoring to taste and finely chopped walnuts).
- Orange (orange extract to taste--a few drops to 1/2 teaspoon).
- Cherry (Maraschino cherries drained and quartered--pat dry).
- Cherry-almond (as above but add almond extract to taste).
- Almond (almond extract with a sliced almond on top of finished chocolate).
- Coconut (fine coconut plus vanilla).
- Rum (rum extract plus 1-2 teaspoons butter).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 63.5, Fat 2, SaturatedFat 1.3, Cholesterol 7.4, Sodium 2.6, Carbohydrate 11.6, Sugar 11.2, Protein 0.1
More about "chocolate fondant recipes"
CHOCOLATE FONDANT RECIPES - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE FONDANTS - JAMIE OLIVER
A DELICIOUS, FOOLPROOF CHOCOLATE FONDANT RECIPE | CRAFTSY
CHILLED CHOCOLATE FONDANT RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
CHOCOLATE FONDANTS | CHOCOLATE RECIPES | GORDON RAMSAY RECIPES
Servings 4Category Dessert
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE FONDANT ICING? - CAKE DECORIST
CHOCOLATE FONDANT RECIPE — MY SWEET RECIPES
CHOCOLATE FONDANT RECIPE - STRAYED FROM THE TABLE
CHOCOLATE FONDANT - COOKING CIRCLE
CHOCOLATE FONDANT: CALLING ALL CHOCOHOLICS FOR A DECADENT FEAST
CHOCOLATE FONDANT - TASTE OF BEIRUT
BASIC HOMEMADE FONDANT RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CHOCOLATE FONDANT RECIPE WITH STEP-BY-STEP PHOTOS | EAT, …
CHOCOLATE FONDANT CAKES FOR TWO - A BAKING JOURNEY
10 BEST CHOCOLATE FONDANT COCOA POWDER RECIPES | YUMMLY
EASY CHOCOLATE FONDANT RECIPE - THE COOKING FOODIE
DARK & WHITE CHOCOLATE FONDANT RECIPE | ODLUMS
CHOCOLATE FONDANT RECIPE | COOKING-CUISINES – GULF NEWS
BEST FONDANT CANDY RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
CHOCOLATE FONDANT RECIPE - JESS EATS AND TRAVELS
CHOCOLATE FONDANTS - THE BAKING EXPLORER
FONDANT FILLED CHOCOLATES - CHARLOTTE'S LIVELY KITCHEN
CHOCOLATE FONDANT - EACH BITE IS PURE INDULGENCE
CHOCOLATE FONDANT | CALLEBAUT
FOOL-PROOF CHOCOLATE FONDANT RECIPE | WOMAN & HOME
CHOCOLATE FONDANT RECIPES - BBC FOOD
CHOCOLATE FONDANT RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
CHOCOLATE FONDANT | PRETTY. SIMPLE. SWEET.
CHOCOLATE FONDANT RECIPE | GOODTO
CHOCOLATE FONDANT RECIPE - LOVEFOOD.COM
FRENCH CHOCOLATE FONDANT CAKE - A BAKING JOURNEY
10 BEST MICROWAVE CHOCOLATE FONDANT RECIPES | YUMMLY
CHOCOLATE FONDANT RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
WORLD CHOCOLATE DAY 2022: TRY THESE CHEFS' 4 DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE …
CHOCOLATE FONDANT - FOOD CHANNEL
EASY CHOCOLATE FONDANT RECIPE - YOUTUBE
CHOCOLATE FONDANT | CALLEBAUT
CHOCOLATE FONDANT | CALLEBAUT
EASY CHOCOLATE FONDANT CAKES - KNIFE AND SOUL
CHOCOLATE FONDANT FOR CAKE DECORATING (NO MARSHMALLOWS)
MOLTEN CHOCOLATE FONDANT - FRENCH LAVA CAKE EASY RECIPE
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #desserts #holiday-event #cakes #cake-fillings-and-frostings #wedding
You'll also love