STEAMED CHOCOLATE PUDDING
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl cream together butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, beat in the eggs a little at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift the flour, salt and cocoa powder into the creamed mixture and fold in with a metal spoon. Stir in the chopped chocolate until evenly combined. Lightly grease 6 individual pudding ramekins. Divide the prepared mixture evenly into the greased ramekins. Place the ramekins in a roasting pan. Pour boiling water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the side of the ramekins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the mixture comes out clean. Let rest them for a couple of minutes and remove from the ramekin.
- For the chocolate terrine:
- Melt together chocolate and butter and let it cool down slightly. When warm stir in 4 yolks. Sift sugar and cocoa powder and stir into the chocolate mixture gently. Whip heavy cream and egg whites to soft peak separately. Fold into the chocolate mixture and set it in a lined terrine mold. Refrigerate and use next day.
STEAMED CHOCOLATE-GINGERBREAD PUDDING
- Set a steamer insert into a large pot. Set an 8-cup steam pudding mold on steamer insert. Fill pot with enough water to reach halfway up sides of mold. Remove mold, and bring water to a boil.
- Butter mold. Whisk together flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cloves.
- Beat butter, sugar, and orange zest with a mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes. With machine running, add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until combined. Reduce speed to low; mix in flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with molasses, beginning and ending with flour. Mix in chocolate.
- Evenly spread marmalade in bottom of prepared pudding mold. Pour in batter. Cover mold with lid or a clean kitchen towel secured with kitchen twine. Place mold onto insert set in boiling water. Reduce heat, and simmer. Cover, and steam until a cake tester inserted into center comes out clean, 2 to 2 1/2 hours, checking occasionally to make sure water level is maintained (add hot water as needed).
- Remove mold from steamer, and let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Invert onto a serving plate. Serve warm or at room temperature, with vanilla-bean creme anglaise.
HEAVENLY CHOCOLATE PUDDING
- Butter the inside of a 1.2 litre pudding bowl and line the base with a disc of buttered greaseproof paper.
- Melt the butter, syrup and sugar in a saucepan. Remove from the heat and stir in the milk and egg. Add the cocoa to the flour, then tip this mixture into the pan with the cinnamon and soda.
- Pour the mixture into the pudding bowl, cover tightly with foil and steam for 11⁄4 hours. Just before the end, heat the sauce ingredients until melted, stirring all the time.
- Turn the pudding out (run a knife around the inside of the bowl if necessary) and discard the paper disc. Pour the sauce over the top and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 472 calories, Fat 30 grams fat, SaturatedFat 14 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 50 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 2.5 grams fiber, Protein 4 grams protein, Sodium 0.9 milligram of sodium
STEAMED CHOCOLATE PUDDING
Warm and comforting, this special dessert from Mary Kelley of Minneapolis, Minnesota is timeless. You'll love its chocolaty goodness and moist, tender texture.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings (1-1/2 cups sauce).
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Beat in egg. Stir in chocolate. Combine the flour, salt, cream of tartar and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well just until combined. , Pour into a well-greased 7-cup pudding mold; cover. Place mold on a rack in a stockpot; add 1 in. of hot water to pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cover and steam for 2 to 2-1/4 hours or until top springs back when lightly touched, adding water as needed. , Remove mold to a wire rack; cool for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the butter, vanilla and nutmeg. , Unmold pudding onto a serving plate; cut into wedges. Serve warm with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 347 calories, Fat 10g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 46mg cholesterol, Sodium 435mg sodium, Carbohydrate 62g carbohydrate (38g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
More about "chocolate stout steamed pudding recipes"
CHOCOLATE STEAMED PUDDING WITH CHOCOLATE SAUCE RECIPE
Servings 6-8Category Desserts
- Grease a 1 litre/1¾ pint pudding basin with butter. Cut a small square of baking paper, about the size of the bottom of the basin. Grease the square and place in the bottom of the basin, press into the corners.
- Place all of the pudding ingredients into a large bowl. Mix with an electric mixer until well combined, light and fluffy. Spoon into the basin and level the top.
- Place the basin in a deep saucepan and pour in boiling water until it reaches halfway up the sides of the basin. Cover with a lid and place over a very low heat.
- Meanwhile, place the milk and cream in a saucepan. Heat until just boiling. Add the chocolate and vanilla, then remove from the heat and stir until melted and runny.
- Pour some of the sauce over the top of the pudding and cut into wedges to serve. Serve the remaining sauce in a jug alongside.
DECADENT STEAMED CHOCOLATE PUDDING - BIGGER BOLDER …
4.9/5 (10)Category Dessert
- Fill a stockpot large enough to hold the pudding mold with 2 inches (5cm) of water, set a steamer basket in the pot, and place it on your stove over medium-low heat.
- In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar and butter together, and then add the eggs and beat until fully mixed.
MILK STOUT AND CHOCOLATE STEAMED PUDDING - THE HAPPY …
Cuisine BritishCategory DessertServings 6
STEAMED CHOCOLATE PUDDING - THE DARING GOURMET
5/5 (3)Estimated Reading Time 9 minsServings 6-8
STEAMED CHOCOLATE PUDDING WITH CHOCOLATE SAUCE
STEAMED CHOCOLATE PUDDING RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
CHOCOLATE STOUT STEAMED PUDDING | NEW ZEALAND …
STEAMED PUDDING RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
MARY BERRY CHOCOLATE STEAMED PUDDING | BBC2 SIMPLE …
CHOCOLATE STOUT PUDDING RECIPE - FOOD REPUBLIC
CHOCOLATE STOUT PUDDING RECIPE ON FOOD52
STEAMED CHOCOLATE PUDDING WITH CREAMY CHOCOLATE SAUCE
CHOCOLATE STOUT PUDDING RECIPE | HGTV
STEAMED CHOCOLATE PUDDING CAKE | CURTIS STONE | RECIPE - RACHAEL …
CHOCOLATE PUDDING RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS PUDDING RECIPE – STEAMED CHRISTMAS …
STEAMED CHOCOLATE PUDDING | BRITISH RECIPES | GOODTO
STEAMED CHOCOLATE PUDDINGS - MIELE EXPERIENCE CENTRE
CHOCOLATE ORANGE STEAMED PUDDINGS | ONLY CRUMBS REMAIN
You'll also love