COCONUT BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with rack in center. Butter eight 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups; set aside. Arrange bread in a single layer on two rimmed baking sheets; bake until crisp, tossing once, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Reduce oven heat to 300 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together eggs, granulated sugar, milks, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Stir in toasted bread; let sit, tossing occasionally, until bread has absorbed liquid, about 5 minutes.
- Divide bread mixture evenly among ramekins. Place on a baking sheet; bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a pudding comes out clean, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Let cool. Serve dusted with confectioners' sugar.
COCONUT BREAD PUDDING FROM SILK®
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Coat a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, Silk, eggs, (or egg substitute), spices, salt, coconut extract and rum, if using.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut.
- Gently stir in bread cubes until evenly coated.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan, cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Place pan on a cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup flaked coconut and bake for an additional 25 minutes, or until center springs back.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 268.7 calories, Carbohydrate 39.2 g, Cholesterol 57.6 mg, Fat 8.2 g, Fiber 4.1 g, Protein 7.5 g, SaturatedFat 5.6 g, Sodium 329.3 mg, Sugar 20.4 g
COCONUT BREAD PUDDING
Laurent Torondel, the chef of BLT Steak and BLT Fish, developed this recipe for tropical bread pudding. It's rich and luxurious, but quite easy to assemble. Thin challah slices are layered on top of one another then drenched with a boozy mix of eggs, sugar, cream and coconut milk. It's baked in a bain-marie, then slid under the broiler for a few minutes to achieve a crackly-brown top.
Provided by Dana Bowen
Categories breads, dessert
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, combine eggs and 1 1/8 cups sugar. Mix until smooth. In a small pan, bring cream to a boil. With mixer running at medium-low speed, slowly add hot cream. Add coconut milk and rum, and mix again just until smooth. Allow mixture to rest at room temperature for one hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Fill a kettle with water and place over high heat to bring to a boil. In an 8 1/2-by-12-inch baking dish, arrange challah slices so they overlap in two columns. Pour custard evenly over top, and press down lightly with a spatula. Place dish in a large, deep pan, like a roasting pan. Carefully pour in boiling water so that it comes about halfway up the sides of baking dish. Bake until custard is set but not too firm, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle liberally with sugar, and caramelize it with a kitchen torch or by placing it under a broiler for 2 to 3 minutes. Serve, scooping out individual portions.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 614, UnsaturatedFat 12 grams, Carbohydrate 55 grams, Fat 39 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 12 grams, SaturatedFat 25 grams, Sodium 272 milligrams, Sugar 31 grams, TransFat 0 grams
COCONUT BREAD PUDDING (SLOW COOKER)
- 1. Coat a 4-6 qt. slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Combine coconut milk, evaporated milk and bread pieces in the crock and stir thoroughly to mix.
- 2. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, salt and extracts. Add this mixture to the bread and milk mixture in the slow cooker.
- 3. Stir in coconut flakes, nuts and raisins. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
- 4. Serve warm or chilled with sweetened whipped cream or forazen whipped topping (thawed).
COCONUT BREAD PUDDING
I didn't try it but I guess it's delicious. I don't remember where I took it. For the servings and time to make, I had to guess cause it was not written on my page.
Provided by Boomette
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Soak bread in warm milk.
- Beat eggs yolks and 1 egg white.
- Gradually add evaporated milk, almond extract and sugar.
- Add mixture to bread and milk, then add 1 1/2 cup of coconut and butter.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 to 30 minutes or until spatula comes out clean when inserted in center of pudding.
- For meringue :.
- Beat egg whites until fluffy, gradually adding sugar and almond extract.
- Continue beating until stiff.
- Pour over pudding.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake at 325 F for 5-7 minutes until slightly brown.
COCONUT BREAD PUDDING FROM THE RAINFOREST CAFE
This great recipe comes from the Disney Resort Recipe collection! You dont need to spend $10.00 a helping when you can make it yourself! The only thing missing Disneyland!
Provided by SummerThyme
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line bottom of a 10 x 13 x 3 inch pan with half of the white bread. Evenly sprinkly half of the julienne apricots and half of the shredded coconut over the white bread. Top that with the remaining bread cubes and then the remaining apricots and coconut. Distribute evenly. In a sauce pan, heat milk, coconut cream, vanilla and granulated sugar until the sugar completely dissolves and the milk is tepid but not hot. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat. In a separate mixing bowl, beat the eggs, then temper them by slowly adding 1 cup of warm milk mixture while stirring. Slowly pour the egg/milk mixture back in the warm milk and stir until well incorporated. Ladle the mixture over the bread, making sure all the bread gets moist. Cover the foiland bake in a water bath for 1 hour. Remove foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes until golden.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on one side and whipped cream on the other. Sprinkle whipped cream with chocolate shavings and dust bread pudding with powdered sugar. Finish with toasted coconut on the ice cream.
- Source: Rainforest Cafe.
COCONUT BREAD PUDDING
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with butter, and dust with confectioners' sugar.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, eggs, egg yolk, coconut milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and coconut extract. Mix until smooth. Stir in 1 cup of flaked coconut, and 1/2 cup fresh coconut. Fold in bread cubes until evenly coated. Pour into prepared baking dish. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Bake on a cookie sheet in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Sprinkle top with remaining 1/2 cup flaked coconut. Continue baking for 25 to 30 minutes, or until center springs back when lightly tapped.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 419.8 calories, Carbohydrate 48.8 g, Cholesterol 84.2 mg, Fat 22.3 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 8.5 g, SaturatedFat 17.9 g, Sodium 364.4 mg, Sugar 24.8 g
More about "coconut bread pudding recipes"
COCONUT BREAD PUDDING | THE RECIPE CRITIC
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsServings 8Calories 386 per serving
- In a large bowl whisk together all but 2 tbsp of coconut milk, eggs, coconut extract, vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom and brown sugar until smooth. Pour the mixture over the bread distributing as evenly as possible. Using your hands, press down on the bread. This allows the bread to soak up all the egg mixture.
- Cover with foil and place on center rack. Bake bread pudding for 40 minutes and remove cover. Bake for another 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- In a small bowl whisk together powdered sugar and remaining 2 tbsp coconut milk. While still warm, top bread pudding with strawberries, glaze, toasted coconut flakes and a dusting of powdered sugar.
RECIPE: COCONUT MILK BREAD PUDDING | KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
COCONUT BREAD PUDDING - RECIPES | GOYA FOODS
Servings 10Total Time 1 hr 20 mins
COCONUT BREAD PUDDING - GLOBAL KITCHEN TRAVELS
Ratings 2Calories 288 per servingCategory Dessert
COCONUT CHEESECAKE BREAD PUDDING - WILL COOK FOR SMILES
4.8/5 (5)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Breakfast, DessertCalories 581 per serving
MANGO-COCONUT BREAD PUDDING RECIPE | MYRECIPES
5/5 (3)Calories 285 per servingServings 8
- To prepare bread pudding, combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in bread and mango. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Pour mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Sprinkle with coconut. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until set. Let stand 30 minutes before serving.
- To prepare sauce, combine sugar and nectar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in butter. Combine the cornstarch and evaporated milk in a small bowl. Add cornstarch mixture to nectar mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Serve warm over bread pudding.
COCONUT BREAD PUDDING | MRFOOD.COM
Category PuddingsEstimated Reading Time 1 min
- In a large bowl, whisk coconut milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add bread cubes and coconut, stirring gently just until bread is moistened. Pour mixture into a baking dish, then cover and chill 1 hour.
CRANBERRY-COCONUT BREAD PUDDING RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Total Time 2 hrsCalories 257 per serving
- Whisk eggs and egg whites in a large bowl. Whisk in milk, brown sugar, candied ginger, rum (if using), vanilla and salt until combined. Add cranberries and stir until incorporated. Add bread and stir until combined. Let stand for 30 minutes, pressing the bread down into the liquid a few times to help it absorb the custard.
- Transfer the pudding mixture to the prepared pan. Coat a piece of foil with cooking spray and cover the pan with it, sprayed-side down.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with coconut and continue baking until puffed and firm to the touch, 25 to 30 minutes more. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
COCONUT CREAM BREAD PUDDING | PAULA DEEN
Servings 30Total Time 30 mins
COCONUT BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
Cuisine AmericanCategory PuddingServings 8Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
EASY COCONUT BREAD PUDDING - HOME MADE ZAGAT
Servings 8-10Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CHOCOLATE BOURBON BREAD PUDDING RECIPE
9 BEST COCONUT BREAD PUDDING IDEAS | EAT DESSERT, SWEET ...
COCONUT BREAD PUDDING – COCONUTMILKIDEAS
BREAD PUDDING RECIPES FOR DIABETICS - ALL INFORMATION ...
SAM CHOY'S COCONUT BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - FEEDING MY OHANA
RECIPE - COCONUT BREAD PUDDING - LCBO
CHAI COCONUT BREAD PUDDING RECIPE - COUNTRY GROCER
COCONUT BLISS BREAD PUDDING - COCONUT BLISS
RICK BAYLESSCOCONUT BREAD PUDDING - RICK BAYLESS
COCONUT PUMPKIN BREAD PUDDING | THAI KITCHEN
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #desserts #eggs-dairy #fruit #oven #potluck #holiday-event #kosher #puddings-and-mousses #nuts #dietary #comfort-food #coconut #taste-mood #to-go #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make bread pudding with coconut flakes?The classic bread pudding is enhanced with coconut flakes and coconut milk. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with butter, and dust with confectioners' sugar. In a large bowl, combine sugar, eggs, egg yolk, coconut milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and coconut extract. Mix until smooth.
How to make the perfect coconut bread?Directions. In a large bowl, combine sugar, eggs, egg yolk, coconut milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and coconut extract. Mix until smooth. Stir in 1 cup of flaked coconut, and 1/2 cup fresh coconut. Fold in bread cubes until evenly coated. Pour into prepared baking dish. Set aside for 30 minutes.
How do you make a coconut cake for beginners?Directions. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with butter, and dust with confectioners' sugar. In a large bowl, combine sugar, eggs, egg yolk, coconut milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and coconut extract. Mix until smooth. Stir in 1 cup of flaked coconut, and 1/2 cup fresh coconut. Fold in bread cubes until evenly coated. Pour into prepared baking dish.
How long to bake bread pudding (and why)?Bread pudding is done when a knife inserted in the center comes out clean and reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees. It is usually done baking after 50-60 minutes. Once your bread pudding is done, you will make the glaze for the top. Whisk together powdered sugar and coconut milk and drizzle on the top.