This is a super-tasty one-pot meal with Savoy cabbage as the star. A delectable braised family meal, featuring succulent German garlic sausage
Provided by Tom Kerridge
Categories Dinner, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/ gas 3. Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large flameproof casserole dish or heavy-based pan. Fry the onions for 10-15 mins until soft. Add the wine and vinegar, along with the herbs and spices, and reduce to a glaze.
- Add the carrots, celery and garlic to the pan, mix well, then lay the wedges of cabbage on top. Snuggle the sausages and bacon between the cabbage chunks before pouring over the stock. Put the pan on the heat, bring to a simmer, then cover with a lid and cook in the oven for 1 hr 30 mins, stirring halfway through.
- Once cooked, serve in bowls with mashed potato, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 736 calories, Fat 49 grams fat, SaturatedFat 21 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 23 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 17 grams sugar, Fiber 11 grams fiber, Protein 36 grams protein, Sodium 4.6 milligram of sodium
CHOU GLORIEUX (GLORIOUS CABBAGE)
A traditional Creole sidedish that elevates cabbage to new heights! Originally from an October 1980 Bon Apetit magazine from a section called "Creole Cooking at the Source".
Provided by Leslie in Texas
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Parboil cabbage until tender;drain well and slice into small pieces.
- Melt butter in large saucepan or skillet over medium heat.
- Add oil,celery,onion,green pepper and green onions and saute until limp.
- Add cabbage and mix well.
- Cover and cook over very low heat about 10 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Stir in all but about 1/4 cup cheese and mix well;let cook a few more minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Soak toast in milk until soft;squeeze out milk and add toast to cabbage mixture.
- Blend in cream, half of breadcrumbs,garlic and parsley.
- Remove from heat and mix well; season with salt and pepper.
- Turn into shallow 3-quart casserole.
- Combine remaining breadcrumbs and cheese and sprinkle over top.
- Bake uncovered about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 408.7, Fat 29, SaturatedFat 17, Cholesterol 85.8, Sodium 357.9, Carbohydrate 27.1, Fiber 5.8, Sugar 8.3, Protein 12.6
BRUNO'S CHOCOLATE CAKE
- For cake:.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter and flour three 9 inch round cake pans.
- Beat yolks until lightand slowly disolving ribbon forms when beaters are lifted.
- Stir in rum and vanilla.
- Beat whites with cream of tartar in large bowl to soft peaks.
- Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time and continue beating until stiff and shiny.
- Stir chocolate and butter into yolks until well combined.
- Gently fold in 1/4 of egg whites, then fold chocolate mixture into remaining whites.
- Sift together cornstarch and cocoa powder; combine with amaretti;gently fold into batter.
- Divide batter among prepared pans.
- Bake until centers of cakes rise and begin to crack, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan, then cool completely on wire rack.
- For chocolate cream;.
- Whisk 1/2 cup hot water into 4 oz. melted semisweet chocolate.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Whip cream until stiff peaks form; gently fold chocolate mixture, amaretti and rum into whipped cream.
- To Assemble:.
- Reserve 1/4 of chocolate cream for decorating top of cake.
- Spread remainder evenly between layers and over top and sides.
- Measure height of cake.
- On sheet of parchment spread 3 oz. melted semisweet chocolate into 1/16 inch-thick rectangle as wide as cake is high.
- Repeat with melted white chocolate on another sheet of parchment.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is firm, but not brittle, about 15 minutes.
- Cut crosswise into 3/4-inch-wide strips.
- Refrigerate to refirm chocolate, about 15 minutes.
- Carefully arrange strips alternating around edges of cake,gently pressing into icing.
- Spoon remaining pastry cream into a pastry bag fitted with a No. 3 plain tip.
- Pipe mixture in straight lines atop cake.
- Dust lightly with cocoa powder; Refrigerate.
- Cake may be prepared 1 day ahead.
- Decorate with chocolate leaves and balls.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 556.3, Fat 50, SaturatedFat 29.9, Cholesterol 229.2, Sodium 86.1, Carbohydrate 29.7, Fiber 7.8, Sugar 13.3, Protein 12
CHOCOLATE CABBAGE LEAVES WITH VANILLA ICE CREAM
These elegant chocolate bowls turn plain vanilla ice cream into a show-stopping dessert. Clear out plenty of space in your refrigerator for all the draped leaves.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Dessert & Treats Recipes
Yield Makes 8
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Remove 8 whole outer cabbage leaves.
- Bring a saucepan filled with 2 inches of water to a simmer. Remove from heat. Melt half the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over saucepan, stirring gently with a rubber spatula, until chocolate reaches 118 degrees on a candy thermometer. (Watch the chocolate carefully, since the time it takes for different chocolates to heat and cool can vary.) Remove from heat.
- Add remaining unmelted chocolate to bowl, and stir until chocolate cools to 84 degrees. (Remove any unmelted pieces with spatula.) Return bowl to saucepan, and let stand, stirring, until chocolate registers 88 degrees to 90 degrees.
- Immediately coat outside of 1 cabbage leaf with a thick layer of chocolate using a pastry brush. Drape leaf, chocolate side up, over a small inverted bowl to keep the rounded shape of the leaf. Repeat with remaining leaves and chocolate. Refrigerate leaves on bowls until set, about 30 minutes.
- Gently grasp outer edge of each chocolate leaf with your fingers, and carefully tear off pieces of cabbage. Use kitchen scissors to cut away any tough, thick pieces of cabbage. Arrange chocolate bowls on plates, and fill with scoops of ice cream.
More about "chou glorieux glorious cabbage recipes"
OUR 15 MOST POPULAR CABBAGE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CHOU FARCI STUFFED CABBAGE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
10 CHINESE CABBAGE (BOK CHOY AND NAPA CABBAGE) …
CHOUX GLORIEUX (GLORIOUS CABBAGE) - BIGOVEN.COM
Reviews 1Servings 1Cuisine CajunCategory Side Dish
CHOU GLORIEUX (GLORIOUS CABBAGE) RECIPE
Servings 8-10Total Time 1 hr 30 mins
GLORIFIED CABBAGE-SIMPLE METHOD (CHOUX GLORIEUX) RECIPE | EAT …
CHOW RECIPE MADE WITH CABBAGE - THERESCIPES.INFO
BEST COOKING BREADCRUMB RECIPES: CABBAGE CASSEROLE
CAJUN CABBAGE AU GRATIN CASSEROLE | AU GRATIN RECIPES, CABBAGE …
HOW TO MAKE CHOW CHOW WITH CABBAGE RECIPES
FAVORITE CABBAGE RECIPES - DEEP SOUTH DISH
CABBAGE : GLORIOUS SOUP RECIPES
CABBAGE RECIPES – CHOUAMI™
SANE GLORIOUS GRILLED CABBAGE RECIPE | SANESOLUTION
CHOUX GLORIEUX - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CAJUN: CHOU GLORIEUX - RECIPECIRCUS.COM
CHOUX GLORIEUX (GLORIOUS CABBAGE) | CABBAGE, CABBAGE RECIPES, …
CHOUX GLORIEUX (GLORIOUS CABBAGE) | HEALTHY FREE RECIPE, COOKING, …
RECIPE: CHOUX GLORIEUX (GLORIOUS CABBAGE)
CHOU GLORIEUX GLORIOUS CABBAGE RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
RUSTIC FRENCH FOOD, CABBAGE AND GALETTE AU CHOU
RED CABBAGE CHOW CHOW - COOKING WITH CHARACTER
CHOU GLORIEUX (GLORIOUS CABBAGE) - BEST COOKING BREADCRUMB …
MAURITIAN-STYLE SAUTéED CABBAGE WITH POTATOES [TOUFFER LICHOU]
LA BOUCHE CREOLE COOKBOOK – COOKBOOKVILLAGE93939.COM
120 CABBAGE-FOOD GLORIOUS FOOD IDEAS IN 2021 | CABBAGE …
CHOU GLORIEUX (GLORIOUS CABBAGE) - PLAIN.RECIPES
APPLE CABBAGE AND POPPY SEED COLESLAW RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
STUFFED CABBAGE (CHOU FARCI) - MAD ABOUT MACARONS
CABBAGE CHOW CHOW - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
RED CABBAGE (CHOU ROUGE) - TRADITIONAL FRENCH FOOD
10 BEST GREEN CABBAGE CHOW CHOW RECIPES - YUMMLY
CHOUX GLORIEUX (GLORIOUS CABBAGE) RECIPE
CHOU FARCI: THE FRENCH STUFFED CABBAGE - THE TASTE EDIT
You'll also love