MERRY CHRISTMAS MUFFINS
These moist, fruity muffins are packed with hearty ingredients and spread with a creamy orange-flavored frosting. Served with coffee, they're a favorite with Christmas guests. -Ada Kirkland, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 muffins.
Number Of Ingredients 20
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, beat eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in carrots, apple, coconut, fruit and raisins. Fill 16 paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. For frosting, combine butter, cream cheese, sugar, juice and vanilla in a bowl; beat until smooth and creamy. Spread over muffins. Sprinkle with cherries.
Nutrition Facts :
Light fruit cake muffins with added marzipan for an individual Christmas cake taste.
Provided by WinnieNewland
Yield Makes 12 muffins
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Place 12 muffin cases in a muffin tin and set aside.
- Place the flour, butter, sugar, eggs, baking powder, spices into a bowl and beat until creamy.
- Fold in the raisins, peel and diced cherries and then the juice until combined.
- Roll out the marzipan into a sheet 0.5cm thick and cut into 24 small circles.
- Spoon half the mixture into the muffin cases, only half filling each.
- Lay a marzipan circle onto each cake, then fill up the cases with the rest of the mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean but the muffins are still springy to the touch. Leave to cool.
- When cool, spread each muffin with ginger jam and place a marzipan circle on top. Use a dab of jam to decorate with ginger and cherries.
CHRISTMAS MORNING CASSEROLE MUFFINS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and transfer sausage to prepared muffin cups.
- Mix half-and-half, baking mix, eggs, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl; pour over sausage. Top each muffin with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cooked through and cheese is melted, about 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 301.4 calories, Carbohydrate 8.6 g, Cholesterol 149.3 mg, Fat 23 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 14.9 g, SaturatedFat 10.9 g, Sodium 728.9 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
After pulling these muffins hot out of the oven, your family and friends will know that Christmas is near. A less heavy version of the wholemeal Christmas muffins, these muffins welcome in the holiday season. Also, these muffins are a holiday option for those who don't like fruit cake, and can also be made vegan if you substitute soy milk for regular milk. Note: This recipe has not been taste tested yet, so please leave your comments.
Provided by TALIA 3
Yield 12 muffins, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine wet ingredients (not cherries).
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, and carefully add glace cherries.
- Place mixture in muffin trays.
- Cook in an oven preheated to 375F, for 15 minutes. (Note: may be more or less cooking time, depending on your oven.).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 145.2, Fat 5.8, SaturatedFat 3.6, Cholesterol 15.7, Sodium 227.7, Carbohydrate 21.1, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 8.4, Protein 2.2
Make these zesty, spiced muffins ahead of Christmas Day, then begin the festivities by handing them out while everyone opens their gifts under the tree
Provided by Cassie Best
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
- Melt the butter in the microwave or a small pan over a low heat, then set aside to cool for 10 mins. Meanwhile, mix the flour, bicarb, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl with a pinch of salt.
- Add the yogurt, vanilla and eggs to the cooled butter and mix well. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients along with the orange zest, chocolate and dried cranberries. Mix well until there are no pockets of flour.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the paper cases, then bake for 30 mins until risen and golden. Check they're cooked by inserting a cocktail stick into the centre of one of the muffins (choose one in the centre of the tray). If any wet cake batter clings to the skewer, return to the oven for 5 mins.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for at least 10 mins. Meanwhile, mix the icing sugar with enough of the orange juice to make a loose icing. Brush the orange glaze over each muffin, then sprinkle with a little pearl sugar, if using. Leave to cool before eating. Will keep in an airtight container for up to five days, or frozen for up to two months.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 342 calories, Fat 14 grams fat, SaturatedFat 8 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 48 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 32 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 5 grams protein, Sodium 0.6 milligram of sodium
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 6 jumbo muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Soak dried cranberries in a bowl of hot water until plump, about 10 minutes; drain.
- Combine whole wheat flour, white sugar, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a bowl. Beat sweet potatoes, eggs, and coconut oil together in a separate bowl until smooth; stir into flour mixture until batter is smooth. Fold plump sweetened cranberries and pecans into batter; spoon into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 504.8 calories, Carbohydrate 78.4 g, Cholesterol 93 mg, Fat 19.7 g, Fiber 6.1 g, Protein 8.9 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Sodium 753 mg, Sugar 45.3 g
These are great to serve as individual puddings for Christmas. Served with custard sauce they are so yummy! Also fantastic to take to a Christmas picnic. They freeze well also.
Provided by Tisme
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 180C or a non-fan-forced oven to 200°C.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin tray with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, put the packet muffin mix, cinnamon, ginger, ground cloves, mixed peel, mixed fruit and cranberries all together.
- Stir in the beaten egg and then carefully fold in the water.
- Stir to just incorporate the ingredients. It is important not to overmix mix the ingredients.
- Spoon the muffin mix into the moulds. Top each muffin with 2 or 3 of the glazed cherries. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let muffins rest for 5 minutes before removing from the tin.
- These are wonderful served with brandy custard.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 27.5, Fat 0.5, SaturatedFat 0.1, Cholesterol 15.5, Sodium 7.6, Carbohydrate 5.4, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 0.1, Protein 0.8
These muffins are perfect for Christmas. They're chockful of festive ingredients and flavors: Fresh cranberries, zucchini, apples, orange zest ... top with a little orange-vanilla glaze and add red and green sprinkles and you've got just the thing for Christmas morning.
Provided by Kare for Kitchen Treaty
Number Of Ingredients 27
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 15 standard muffin cups with cupcake liners, or grease them.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour(s), oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, applesauce, sugar, brown sugar, canola or vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the cranberries, apple, and zucchini.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and whisk together just until incorporated.
- Divide between 15 or so muffin cups - approximately a scant 1/2 cup each.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until the tops spring back when touched.
- Line the counter with a couple of paper towels, and place a wire rack on top. Once the muffins are cool enough to touch, move them to a wire rack.
- Allow the muffins to cool to room temperature, or close - about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the glaze. Simply whisk the powdered sugar, vanilla, orange zest, milk and orange juice together until it's glaze consistency.
- Drizzle the glaze over the top of the muffins. If desired, top with sprinkles while the glaze is still wet (c'mon! It's Christmas! Go for it!)
More about "christmas muffins recipes"
HOLIDAY AND CHRISTMAS MUFFIN RECIPES & IDEAS - FOOD …
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Streusel: Make the topping: Mix 2/3 cup each chopped pecans, brown sugar and flour, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; work in 5 tablespoons cold cubed butter. Make the batter: Mix 2 cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon each cinnamon and salt, and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda.
- Earl Grey: Make Streusel Muffins (No. 1), replacing the pecans with oats, reducing the sour cream to 3/4 cup and adding 1/3 cup strong Earl Grey tea with the vanilla.
- Coffee Cake: Make Streusel Muffins (No. 1), doubling the topping; divide among 18 prepared muffin cups and bake.
- Snickerdoodle: Make cinnamon crumble: Mix 2/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour and 1 tablespoon cinnamon; mash in 1/2 stick softened butter. Make the batter for Streusel Muffins (No.
- Ginger-Lemon Minis: Make Gingerbread Muffins (No. 6), dividing the batter among 36 to 48 prepared mini muffin cups. Bake 16 to 18 minutes. Make a dent in each muffin while still warm; cool.
- Gingerbread: Mix 2 cups flour, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon ground ginger, 1 teaspoon baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Whisk 1 stick melted butter, 1/2 cup each sugar and molasses, 1/4 cup milk and 2 eggs; fold into the flour mixture.
- Ginger-Fig: Make Gingerbread Muffins (No. 6), adding 1/4 cup finely chopped dried figs and 1/4 teaspoon orange zest with the eggs.
- Sugar-and-Spice Minis: Make Gingerbread Muffins (No. 6), adding 1/2 teaspoon pepper with the flour and 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger with the eggs.
- Banana: Mix 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup chopped nuts, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda. Whisk 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1 stick melted butter, 1/2 cup each mashed banana and sour cream, and 2 eggs; fold into the flour mixture.
- Apple-Cranberry: Make Banana Muffins (No. 9), adding 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon with the flour and replacing the nuts with dried cranberries and the banana with applesauce.
CHRISTMAS DAY MUFFINS RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
CHRISTMAS MUFFINS - MINDFOOD
CHRISTMAS MUFFINS - KATERINA'S KOUZINA
Category ChristmasTotal Time 40 minsEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Beat with a mixer the butter and sugar on a high speed until they become a smooth cream. Add the eggs, while beating at medium speed. Cease beating and slowly add the flour! Finally add the walnuts, orange juice and zest, raisins and cinnamon, while stirring lightly.
- Place the mixture into the muffin forms. Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Once out of the oven let them cool down.
- Cover the muffins with white icing or melted chocolate. To prepare the chocolate you chop it first and melt it in a stainless bowl mounted on a pan with a little boiling water.
MERRY CHRISTMAS MUFFINS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
11 HOLIDAY QUICK BREADS AND MUFFINS | FN DISH - FOOD NETWORK
CHRISTMAS MUFFINS - EASY RECIPE - PENNY'S RECIPES
FRUIT CAKE MUFFINS (TENDER SPICE CAKE W/FRUITS ... - DINNER, THEN …
CHRISTMAS MUFFINS RECIPE – DINNER SIDE
OUR TOP 10 MUFFIN RECIPES FOR PERFECT MORNINGS | TASTE OF …
CHRISTMAS MORNING MUFFINS RECIPE - NIGELLA LAWSON CRANBERRY …
CHRISTMAS PUDDING MUFFINS - CAROLINE'S COOKING
CHRISTMAS MORNING MUFFINS | NIGELLA'S RECIPES | NIGELLA LAWSON
30 EASY CHRISTMAS CUPCAKES - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
OUR BEST MUFFIN RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
CHRISTMAS MUFFINS - THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
CHRISTMAS MORNING MUFFINS - WALLFLOWER KITCHEN
CHRISTMAS MORNING MUFFINS ~ CRANBERRY ORANGE MUFFINS
CHRISTMAS MORNING BACON CHEDDAR MUFFINS - KARI SKELTON
CHRISTMAS MUFFINS WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS | THE PICKY EATER
CHRISTMAS CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS RECIPE - BOULDER LOCAVORE®
CHRISTMAS MUFFINS WITH CHERRIES RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
CHRISTMAS MUFFINS RECIPE - COOKITSIMPLY.COM
RECIPE: GRANDMA'S CHRISTMAS MUFFINS - FRESCOLIO.CA
AT CHRISTMAS EVEN MUFFINS DRESS UP - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
SPICY GINGER MUFFINS - THE KITCHEN MAGPIE
MINCEMEAT MUFFINS (CHRISTMAS MUFFINS) • CURIOUS CUISINIERE
CHRISTMAS MUFFINS RECIPE | SARAH RAVEN
FRESH CRANBERRY SPICE MUFFINS - SUPER HEALTHY KIDS
GREEK YOGURT CHRISTMAS MORNING MUFFINS - RUNNING TO THE KITCHEN®
7 MARVELOUS MUFFIN RECIPES FOR CHRISTMAS MORNING
CRANBERRY EGGNOG STREUSEL MUFFINS - BEEYONDCEREAL
CHRISTMAS MUFFINS RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
GINGERBREAD MUFFINS WITH SPICED CRUMBLE TOPPING
MUFFINS RECIPES ⋆ CHRISTMAS-COOKIES.COM
CHRISTMAS PUDDING MUFFINS - CHATELAINE
FESTIVE CHRISTMAS MUFFINS - EASY TO MAKE WITH KIDS!
You'll also love