TOURTIERE (FRENCH CANADIAN MEAT PIE)
This French Canadian meat pie is hearty, satisfying, and easy to make so it's a great choice for a holiday main course. Visually impressive, relatively affordable, and best served at room temperature, so a tourtiere doesn't require any kind of precise timing.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 28
- Place flour, salt, and frozen butter slices into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse on and off until butter is about the size of peas, about 30 seconds. Stir vinegar into cold water; drizzle water/vinegar into the flour mixture. Pulse on and off until mixture is crumbly and holds together when you pinch a piece off, about 10 seconds. If dough isn't pressing together, drizzle in another teaspoon of water.
- Transfer mixture to a work surface. Press it together until it becomes a lump of dough. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
- Mix salt, pepper, thyme, sage, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, mustard, clove, and cayenne together in a small bowl.
- Place potato quarters in a saucepan; cover with cold water. Add 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat. Simmer until cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes. Scoop out potatoes and transfer to a bowl; save cooking liquid. Mash potatoes with a potato masher.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion and a pinch of salt. Cook and stir until onions turn golden, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir garlic, celery, and spice blend into the skillet with onions. Stir until onion mixture is evenly coated with the spices, about 30 seconds. Add ground beef and ground pork. Ladle about 3/4 cup of the potato cooking liquid into the skillet.
- Cook and stir until meat is browned and has a very fine, almost pastelike texture. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until meat is tender and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 45 minutes. Stir in mashed potatoes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Divide chilled dough into 2 pieces, one just slightly larger than the other. Roll the larger piece out into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured work surface. Place in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Roll top crust out into a circle about 11 inches in diameter. Cut small slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Fill bottom crust with the meat mixture; smooth out the surface. Whisk egg and water together to make egg wash. Brush edges of the bottom crust with egg wash. Place top crust on the pie and press lightly around the edges to seal. Trim excess dough from the crust. Crimp the edges of the crust. Brush entire surface of the pie with egg wash.
- Place in preheated oven. Bake until well browned, about 1 hour. Let cool to almost room temperature before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 663 calories, Carbohydrate 47.3 g, Cholesterol 159.2 mg, Fat 40.5 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 26.9 g, SaturatedFat 21.4 g, Sodium 1074 mg, Sugar 1.5 g
CHURER FLEISCHTORTE (SWISS MEAT PIE)
- Preheat the oven to 190° C (375° F - gas 5). Grease a 23 cm pie tin.
- Roll out two-thirds of the pastry, and use it to line the pie tin.
- Bake blind for 7-10 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the onion and bacon over a low heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the meat and fry until lightly browned.
- Stir in the flour and add the hot beef stock and then the wine.
- Stir until smooth and add the salt, marjoram and paprika.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool and spread over the pastry.
- Roll the remaining pastry into a lid.
- Brush the edges with beaten egg and place the lid over the pie.
- Press the edges to seal and prick the lid with a fork in several places.
- Bake for about 40 minutes until golden brown.
PASTETLI (SWISS MEAT OR MEATLESSPIE)
Found on a Swiss website for ZWT7. :) This recipe can easily made either meatless or with meat by replacing part of the mushrooms with small pieces of veal.
Provided by Elmotoo
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Bake 6 large pies made out of the puff-pastry for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat margarine or butter in a pot.
- Add shallot and clove of garlic, saute briefly.
- Add white wine and mushrooms, mix, cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Increase heat, cook in open pot until half of the fluid has gone.
- Add half and half and cream.
- Add curry, worcestershire sauce, paprika, nutmeg, pepper and salt.
- Distribute the filling into the heated pies, serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 608.1, Fat 43, SaturatedFat 14.2, Cholesterol 33.3, Sodium 284.1, Carbohydrate 45.1, Fiber 4.2, Sugar 4.2, Protein 9.9
More about "churer fleischtorte swiss meat pie recipes"
SWISS MEAT PIE WITH SIDE SALAD - CLUB + RESORT BUSINESS
‘CHüGELIPASTETE’ (MEAT PIE) | SWITZERLAND TOURISM
CHURER FLEISCHTORTE RECIPE BEEF RECIPES FROM THE COOK'S …
MEAT PIES (TOURTIèRES) | RICARDO
CHURER FLEISCHTORTE - HELVETIC KITCHEN
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
FRENCH MEAT PIE (TOURTIèRE) - A FARMGIRL'S KITCHEN®
CHUR MEAT PIE | CHUR
TOURTIèRE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE THE BEST FRENCH CANADIAN MEAT PIE
EASY TOURTIèRE MEAT PIE - CANADIAN COOKING ADVENTURES
TOURTIèRE (FRENCH CANADIAN MEAT PIE) - CURIOUS CUISINIERE
CHURER FLEISCHTORTE | BAKING, FAMILY BAKING, FOOD
CHURER FLEISCHTORTE (SWISS MEAT PIE) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
18 BEST CLASSIC SWISS RECIPES THAT YOU SHOULD TRY 2022 - LACADEMIE
MEAT — SWISS RECIPES - HELVETIC KITCHEN
SWISS MEAT PIE ARCHIVES - CLUB + RESORT BUSINESS
SWISS MEAT PIE
CHURER FLEISCHTORTE A BEEF RECIPE | RECIPE | FOOD, BEEF RECIPES, …
CHURER FLEISCHTORTE (SWISS MEAT PIE) - LUNCH RECIPES
CHURER FLEISCHTORTE (SWISS MEAT PIE) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CHURER FLEISCHTORTE | TRADITIONAL SAVORY PIE FROM CHUR
FRENCH CANADIAN MEAT PIE - FOOD GYPSY | EASY, DELICIOUS RECIPES …
3 MOST POPULAR SWISS SAVORY PIES - TASTEATLAS
15 SWISS RECIPES YOU CAN MAKE AT HOME - INSANELY GOOD
MERSEYSIDE MEAT PIE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
EATINGWELL MEAT PIE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
TOURTIèRE (QUéBéCOIS MEAT PIE) - SAVEUR
TOURTIèRE: A FRENCH-CANADIAN MEAT PIE RECIPE
MEDIEVAL MEAT PIE — SAVOR TOOTH TIGER
CHURER FLEISCHTORTE, MEAT PIE FROM CANTON GRISONS | FILET RECIPES, …
24 SPECIAL RECIPES IDEAS | RECIPES, FOOD, FAVORITE RECIPES
WORLD BEST EUROPEAN COOKING RECIPES : CHURER FLEISCHTORTE (SWISS …
T4 ARMORER CONAN EXILES RECIPES
CHURER FLEISCHTORTE (SWISS MEAT PIE) RECIPE
You'll also love