I grew up next to a woman from chile. She would make great empanadas!! This recipe is very close to hers! Very tasty and different! This is an easy recipe in that it uses refrigerated biscuits instead of a homemade dough.
Provided by Charmie777
Categories Savory Pies
Yield 20 empanadas
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add beef, bell pepper and garlic.
- Cook until beef loses its pink color and vegetables begin to soften, about 6 minutes.
- Add raisins and next 6 ingredients and cook until mixture is thick, about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix in cheese and cilantro.
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Roll out one biscuit on lightly floured surface to 4-inch circle.
- Brush half the dough with egg wash.
- Place 1 rounded tablespoon filling on dough.
- Fold over to crate half circle; press edges to seal.
- Using fork, crimp edges.
- Place on large baking sheet.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 172, Fat 8.5, SaturatedFat 2.9, Cholesterol 22, Sodium 382.8, Carbohydrate 17.6, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 4.1, Protein 6.5
CUBAN PICADILLO EMPANADA AND CILANTRO CREAM SAUCE
- For the filling: Heat the oil in a large saute pan set over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring to break up the turkey, until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the turkey to a bowl and keep the fat in the pan. Add the chili powder, coriander, cumin, garlic, onions and bell peppers, and cook until soft and fragrant, 7 to 8 minutes. Add the meat back to the pan and stir to incorporate. Add the tomato puree, raisins, capers, olives, thyme and bay leaf, and cook until all of the flavors come together and the liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Season with the lime juice, salt and pepper. Cool the filling completely.
- For the dough: In a large bowl, sift together the flour, masa harina, baking powder and salt. Stir in the melted butter. Gradually add 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup water, and work it in with your hands to incorporate; the dough should be easy to handle and not sticky. Form the dough into a ball, wrap it in plastic, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Lightly flour a rolling pin and a clean surface. Divide the dough in half. Refrigerate half of the dough and roll out the other half of the dough to 1/8-inch thick. Using a 4-inch cookie or biscuit cutter, cut out 10 circles of dough. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with 1 tablespoon water. Spoon 2 generous tablespoons of filling into the center of each pastry circle, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Brush the edges with the egg wash and then fold the dough to enclose the filling and form a semi-circle. Tightly seal the edges by crimping with the tines of a fork. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- For the sauce: In a small mixing bowl, add the crema, cilantro and lime juice. Mix thoroughly and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet.
- Place the empanadas on the prepared baking sheet and brush the tops with some egg wash. Using a fork, prick a few holes in the tops of the empanadas for the steam to escape. Bake until the empanadas are golden brown, 30 minutes.
CILANTRO LIME EMPANADA SAUCE
Cilantro Lime Empanada Sauce is the perfect pairing for your chicken empanadas! It doubles as the perfect dip for tortillas or raw veggies!
Provided by Jordan
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a food processor, add the Greek yogurt, lime juice and half the zest, olive oil, water, avocado, cilantro, garlic, green onion, and salt. Pulse on high until fully combined. You can add more water if needed to thin out the sauce.
- Serve with homemade Chicken Empanadas!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 31 kcal, Carbohydrate 1 g, Protein 1 g, Fat 3 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 1 mg, Sodium 149 mg, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 1 g, UnsaturatedFat 3 g, ServingSize 1 serving
My mother is from Chile and these have been a staple of our household for years. I have searched and searched and never seem to find the right one, so here is our family favorite. My mom likes to sprinkle sugar on hers. I prefer a little mustard to dip it in. We all have our own cravings. This recipe makes about a dozen large empanadas, depending on the size.
Provided by Alicia Moore Lutz
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat; cook the onion, garlic, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper in the melted butter until the onion is golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the ground pork and cook until completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes more; drain the fat from the skillet. Stir the eggs, raisins, and olives into the mixture. Whisk the water and cornstarch together in a small bowl; pour into the skillet and stir until the liquid thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Whisk the milk and melted shortening together in a bowl until evenly blended. Stir the flour and salt together in a separate large bowl. Pour the wet mixture into the dry and whisk until well mixed into a dough. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place the dough onto a lightly-floured board and roll to about 1/8-inch thick; cut into circles with a round cookie cutter or glass. Drop equal portions of the pork mixture into the center of each circle. Fold each circle in half and press edges with a fork to seal. Brush the tops of the empanadas with beaten egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 530.2 calories, Carbohydrate 54.2 g, Cholesterol 112.7 mg, Fat 27.9 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 16.1 g, SaturatedFat 8.1 g, Sodium 653.3 mg, Sugar 10 g
EMPANADAS DE QUESO CON RAJAS (POBLANO CHILE AND CHEESE EMPANADAS)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place poblano directly on the grates of a gas stove. Cook over medium heat, flipping with tongs occasionally, until blackened and charred, about 5 minutes. Place in a sealed plastic bag and allow to cool, 7 to 8 minutes. Peel off charred skins, remove seeds, and cut flesh into 1-inch squares.
- Place 1 1/2 tablespoons Manchego cheese onto each empanada disc. Top each with 1/2 tablespoon poblano peppers. Fold dough over on top of filling to close. Wet fingers with water and run them along the edges to help seal. Press edges together. Place empanadas on the prepared baking sheet and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 24 to 26 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 153.2 calories, Carbohydrate 20.9 g, Cholesterol 23.1 mg, Fat 5.5 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 5.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.1 g, Sodium 333.3 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
CILANTRO SAUCE FOR CHILEAN EMPANADAS
I learned to make empanadas over 25 years ago from a Chilean friend. It's the empanada recipe that has beef, onions, garlic, hard-boiled eggs, raisins, etc. While I could find similar recipes for the empanadas on RecipeZaar, I could not find one for the sauce that you pour inside the empanada after baking it, and before eating it. And well...............that's just a shame! So I thought I'd post the one I was taught to make. After making this batch, I pour smaller servings into individual little bowls so each person can spoon a little sauce into their empanada before every bite. Please feel free to tweek according to taste. Also, we think this sauce tastes better the next day after making it. Enjoy!
Provided by GarlicQueen 1
Yield 3-4 cups, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Chop cilantro and green onions.
- Mince garlic.
- Put chopped cilantro, green onions and minced garlic in a bowl.
- Add oil and lemon juice.
- Pour hot water over all to cover. (like the consistency of thick soup).
- Add hot sauce to taste.
- Add more lemon juice to taste if needed.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes to soften vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 50, Fat 4.6, SaturatedFat 0.6, Sodium 7.8, Carbohydrate 2.3, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 0.7, Protein 0.6
BRIANNA'S EMPANADA WITH CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and coat with the olive oil. Add the ground beef and break it up with a wooden spoon. Stir the beef and cook it until browned. Remove the beef from the pan to a dish. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of fat from the pan. Return the pan to the heat and add the onion, cooking until softened, about 8 minutes. Stir in the garlic, chile powder, cumin, and coriander and cook for 3 minutes. Add the ground beef back into the pan and stir to combine. Turn off the heat and let cool for 5 minutes. Stir in the green chiles and chopped egg.
- Fill a small bowl with water.
- Lay out a few of the empanada wrappers on a flat surface. Top the center of each wrapper with about 3 tablespoons of the beef filling. Dip your finger lightly in the water and run it along the edges of the wrapper. Fold the wrapper over the beef, into a half moon shape and pinch it shut. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling ingredients.
- Heat a deep saute pan over high heat and pour in enough canola oil to fill the pan halfway up the sides. Heat the oil to 350 degrees F. Fry the empanadas until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Be sure to flip them so they cook on both sides. Remove from the pan and drain them on paper towels. Transfer the empanadas to a serving platter and serve with the Chimichurri Sauce for dipping.
- To make Chimichurri Sauce:
- Grate 2 tablespoons of zest from the lemons and squeeze out 1/4 cup of juice. Add the zest and juice to a food processor or blender along with the cilantro, parsley, mint, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes, and olive oil. Pulse to blend the ingredients. If the sauce is too thick, add more oil and lemon juice. The sauce should be just thin enough to pour. Transfer the sauce to a serving bowl and serve with the empanadas.
- Yield: about 2 cups
CHILEAN BEEF AND OLIVE EMPANADAS
Lorain is known as the International City, because people came from all over the world to work. During the summer, the city hosts a festival to celebrate the diverse community. One year, I got to help my Chilean friend's mom prepare these for the festival. They bring back happy memories! -Kristyne Mcdougle, Lorain, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 20 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink and onion is tender, 6-8 minutes, breaking up beef other into crumbles; do not drain. Stir in hard-boiled eggs, olives and spices; heat through. Remove from the heat., Brush beaten egg over edges of dough circles. Place 3 tablespoons filling on 1 side. Fold dough over filling. Crimp edges and press to seal. Place on parchment-lined baking sheets. Brush tops with remaining beaten egg. Refrigerate for 15 minutes., Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes; serve warm with salsa, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 184 calories, Fat 8g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 51mg cholesterol, Sodium 338mg sodium, Carbohydrate 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 9g protein.
CILANTRO AND CHICKEN EMPANADAS RECIPE
Bake up this Cilantro and Chicken Empanadas Recipe and impress your guests! This easy chicken empanadas recipe features toasted almonds, grated Parmesan, fresh cilantro and parsley.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Prepare Empanada Dough as directed; set aside. Process next 5 ingredients in food processor until mixture forms thick paste. Stir in chicken.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Shape dough into 24 balls, using about 1 Tbsp. for each. Flatten each to 4-inch round. Spoon about 1 heaping Tbsp. chicken mixture onto center of each round. Brush edges evenly with half the egg; fold in half. Seal edges with fork; place on parchment-covered baking sheet. Brush with remaining egg.
- Bake 15 min. or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250, Fat 16 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 290 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 9 g
More about "cilantro sauce for chilean empanadas recipes"
RECIPES - CHORIZO EMPANADAS WITH CILANTRO DIPPING …
CHILEAN EMPANADAS DE PINO RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CILANTRO GARLIC SAUCE WITH CHICKEN - PILAR'S CHILEAN …
CILANTRO SAUCE RECIPE FOR TACOS, NACHOS, AND MORE
CILANTRO JALAPENO SAUCE - EASY RECIPE TAKES LESS THAN 10 …
MEXICAN EMPANADAS WITH GREEN SAUCE
CHICKEN EMPANADAS WITH CILANTRO LIME DIPPING SAUCE
CARAMELIZED ONION EMPANADAS (CHILEAN PEQUENES) - SKINNYTASTE
BEST CHICKEN EMPANADA RECIPE | TASTING TABLE
CILANTRO GARLIC SAUCE – POLLO TROPICAL COPYCAT - KEY TO MY LIME
SMOKY POTATO AND CAPER EMPANADAS WITH CILANTRO SAUCE RECIPE
RECIPE FOR CLASSIC CHILEAN EMPANADAS | CANADIAN LIVING
CHILEAN BEEF EMPANADAS - PILAR'S CHILEAN FOOD & GARDEN
SPICY BEEF EMPANADAS WITH FIRE SAUCE AND CILANTRO CREAM
CILANTRO DIPPING SAUCE FOR EMPANADAS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
SMOKY POTATO AND CAPER EMPANADAS WITH CILANTRO SAUCE RECIPE
EMPANADAS WITH SPICY CREAMY CILANTRO SAUCE - KANSAS KITCHEN
AVOCADO EMPANADAS WITH CILANTRO SAUCE - MY COLOMBIAN RECIPES
CILANTRO SAUCE - THE DARING GOURMET
CUBAN PICADILLO EMPANADAS & CILANTRO MAYO - MEEM'S KITCHEN
VEGETARIAN CORN EMPANADAS WITH CILANTRO DIPPING SAUCE - HEART …
EMPANADA SAUCE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
CILANTRO SAUCE FOR CHILEAN EMPANADAS RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HATCH CHILE PORK EMPANADAS - GARLIC & ZEST
CILANTRO GARLIC SAUCE (POLLO TROPICAL INSPIRED) - A SASSY SPOON
CILANTRO CHIMICHURRI - KEVIN IS COOKING - DELICIOUS RECIPES
EASY HOMEMADE CHILEAN EMPANADAS - CAMILA MADE
RECIPE: CHILEAN EMPANADAS - RECIPELINK.COM
BLUE APRON’S FAVORITE CILANTRO SAUCE - EXTRA HELPINGS
EASY CILANTRO MOJO SAUCE - MOMMY'S HOME COOKING
SPICY BEEF EMPANADAS - CILANTRO PARSLEY
GREEN CHILE BEEF ENCHILADAS WITH CILANTRO CREAM SAUCE
WALNUT MEAT EMPANADAS WITH CILANTRO LIME SAUCE
10 BEST EMPANADA SAUCE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CILANTRO SAUCE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best sauce to put on chicken empanadas?Cilantro Lime Empanada Sauce is the perfect pairing for your chicken empanadas! It doubles as the perfect dip for tortillas or raw veggies! In a food processor, add the Greek yogurt, lime juice and half the zest, olive oil, water, avocado, cilantro, garlic, green onion, and salt. Pulse on high until fully combined.
How to make cilantro and cilantro sauce?How to Make It. Process cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, jalapeño pepper, garlic clove, and water in a blender until smooth, adding more water, if needed, to reach desired consistency. Add kosher salt to taste. Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 1 week.
What is empanada sauce made of?This empanada sauce is flavored with cilantro and lime. This is also great for pairing with crisp fresh veggies or as a tortilla dip. In a food processor, add the Greek yogurt, lime juice and half the zest, olive oil, water, avocado, cilantro, garlic, green onion, and salt. Pulse on high until fully combined.
How to make Greek yogurt chicken empanadas?In a food processor, add the Greek yogurt, lime juice and half the zest, olive oil, water, avocado, cilantro, garlic, green onion, and salt. Pulse on high until fully combined. You can add more water if needed to thin out the sauce. Serve with homemade Chicken Empanadas!