CINNAMON BEAR CLAWS (ONCE A MONTH COOKING)
Pull these from the freezer for a yummy breakfast. Think ahead the night before for a quick warm roll directly from the over--the smell is sure to wake up the family and get them to the table!
Provided by TishT
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- On a lightly floured pastry cloth or floured board, roll dough to an 18x9-inch rectangle.
- Brush with half of butter, then sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar mixture, leaving a 1/4-inch edge all around. Combine nuts, raisins and peel.
- Sprinkle evenly over sugared surface.
- From longer side, fold one third of dough over.
- Then bring opposite side over this, to make a three layer strip 18x3-inches.
- Pinch together, to seal. With a sharp knife, cut strip crosswise into 6 sections.
- On folded side of each, make 3 1-inch cuts, evenly spaced TO FREEZE: Arrange on tray.
- Separate "claws" slightly.
- Brush tops with rest of butter. Wrap tray with foil; seal, label and freeze TO BAKE: Line a cookie sheet with brown paper.
- Arrange "claws" 2 inches apart on ungreased brown paper.
- Let rise in warm place until double in bulk about 1- 1 1/4 hour. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Mix the ingredients for the sugar glaze together in a small bowl.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool slightly on wire rack.
- Drizzle glaze over warm rolls.
- Note: You can serve these in the morning for breakfast by pulling them out of the freezer the night before and let them thaw in the refrigerator overnight on a brown paper lined sheet.
You don't have to head to gourmet bakeries to indulge in this sweet pastry. This recipe lets you master rich flaky pastries at home.-Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 9 rolls.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Stir in sugar, salt and egg; mix well. Add the flour all at once, stirring until mixed. Set aside., For butter mixture, sprinkle 1 tablespoon flour on a work surface; place butter on surface and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon flour. Press and roll out with a rolling pin. Scrape butter from rolling pin and continue to work the butter until it forms a smooth mass without any hard lumps. Knead in remaining flour, working quickly to keep butter cold. , Place butter mixture on a sheet of plastic wrap and shape into a small rectangle. Cover with another sheet of plastic wrap; roll into a 9x6-in. rectangle. Set aside., Turn dough onto a floured work surface; roll into a 14x10-in. rectangle, with a 10-in. side toward the bottom. Unwrap butter mixture; place on dough 1 in. above bottom edge and 1/2 in. from each side edge. Fold top half of dough over butter and pinch edges to seal., Turn dough a quarter turn to the right; sprinkle lightly with additional flour. Lightly roll into a 16x8-in. rectangle. Fold bottom third of rectangle up and top third down, as when folding a business letter, making a 5-1/2x8-in. rectangle (this is called one turn). Rotate dough a quarter turn to the right. Lightly roll into a 16x8-in. rectangle and again fold into thirds, finishing the second turn. Repeat rotating, rolling and folding two more times for a total of four times. Wrap loosely in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes., Roll dough into a 12-in. square; cut square into three 12x4-in. strips. Spread 2 tablespoons filling down the center of each strip to within 1 in. of long edge. Fold lengthwise over filling and pinch seam to seal. Cut each strip into three pieces. With scissors, cut each piece four times from pinched seam to about 1/2 in. from folded side. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve folded side slightly to separate strips and allow filling to show. Cover and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 1 hour., Preheat oven to 400°. Brush bear clasws with egg. Bake 10-14 minutes or until puffy and golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Combine glaze ingredients; brush over warm rolls. Cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369 calories, Fat 20g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 90mg cholesterol, Sodium 447mg sodium, Carbohydrate 43g carbohydrate (18g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 6g protein.
ALMOND BEAR CLAWS
- In a large bowl, beat almond paste with an electric mixer to break it apart. Add the almonds, sugar, and salt; continue to mix until the almond paste is no longer lumpy. Stir in the butter, egg whites, almond extract and amaretto liqueur on high speed until its as fluffy as you can get it. Set aside.
- Using half of the dough at a time, roll it out on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle that is about 8 inches wide and 1/4 inch thick.
- Trim the edges of the dough. Cut the dough in half lengthwise to make two 4 inch wide strips.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Fill a pastry bag halfway with the almond filling and pipe a stripe of filling down the center of each strip.
- Whisk together the egg and water.
- Brush onto one edge of each strip. Fold each strip over the filling and press gently to seal it.
- Brush each piece with egg wash and sprinkle sliced almonds over the top.
- Cut into 3 to 4 inch pieces, then cut 1/2 inch slits into the sealed edge to make the ''claws''.
- Place the bear claws at least two inches apart on baking sheets Refrigerate and repeat with the second half of the dough
- Bake in the preheated oven until almonds are toasted and pastry is golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool and dust with confectioners' sugar right before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 458.8, Fat 32.3, SaturatedFat 6.9, Cholesterol 10.3, Sodium 217.8, Carbohydrate 35.8, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 7.5, Protein 8.5
More about "cinnamon bear claws once a month cooking recipes"
ALMOND BEAR CLAW RECIPE (EASY ALMOND BEAR CLAW DONUT
ALMOND BEAR CLAW - LOVE BAKES GOOD CAKES
BAKED APPLE BEAR CLAWS RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
BEST KETO CINNAMON ROLLS! LOW CARB OOEY GOOEY BEAR CLAWS IDEA …
BEAR CLAWS RECIPE - THE CHARMED KITCHEN
FREEZER FRIENDLY RECIPES | ONCE A MONTH MEALS
CINNAMON BEAR CLAWS | RECIPE | FOOD, CINNAMON BEARS, GREAT RECIPES
CINNAMON BEAR CUB CLAWS - PAULA DEEN
CINNAMON BEAR CLAWS | MY GREAT RECIPES
CINNAMON BEAR CLAWS - COOKING WITH CLEVELAND
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CINNAMON BEAR CLAWS - SPOON UNIVERSITY
WORLD CINNAMON BEST RECIPES : CINNAMON BEAR CLAWS (ONCE A …
HOMEMADE BEAR CLAWS RECIPE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
AN ALMOND BEAR CLAW RECIPE FROM YOUR BREAD MACHINE | RECIPE
BEAR CLAWS - CWTK
CINNAMON BEAR CLAWS (ONCE A MONTH COOKING) - PLAIN.RECIPES
EASY BEAR CLAWS - EAT IT & SAY YUM
CINNAMON-SUGAR BEAR PAWS - CHEF ALLI: COOKING COACH
CINNAMON ROLL BEAR CLAWS | HOLIDAY BAKES - I CAMP IN MY KITCHEN
CINNAMON BEAR CLAWS | RECIPE | FOOD, COOKING RECIPES, CINNAMON …
CINNAMON BEAR CLAWS (ONCE A MONTH COOKING)
BEAR CLAWS - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
BEAR CLAWS - CINNAMON AND SUGAR
BEAR CLAWS RECIPE FROM SCRATCH : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
APPLE CINNAMON BEAR CLAW RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
BEAR CLAWS -DANISH -CINNAMON ROLLS AND OTHER DELICIOUS PASTRIES
CINNAMON BEAR CLAWS - THAT'S MY HOME
ALMOND BEAR CLAWS - CINNAMON AND SUGAR
CINNAMON ROLL BEAR CLAWS - TWO OF A KIND | RECIPE | BEAR CLAW …
MODEL BAKERY'S BEAR CLAWS - SERIOUS EATS
ALMOND BEAR CLAWS | FUN BREAKFAST PASTRY RECIPE | SPICEDBLOG
BEAR CLAW DOUGHNUT RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS
EASY ALMOND BEAR CLAW RECIPE FROM YOUR BREAD MACHINE
HOW TO MAKE CINNAMON GUMMY BEARS - AMY LEARNS TO COOK
You'll also love