CINNAMON BAGELS WITH CRUNCHY TOPPING
Once you get the hang of it, you won't believe how simple it is to make these bakery-quality bagels right in your kitchen. -Kristen Streepey, Geneva, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 3 tablespoons brown sugar, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Stir in enough flour to form a soft dough., Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour., Punch dough down. Shape into 12 balls. Push thumb through each center to form a 1-1/2-in. hole. Stretch and shape dough to form an even ring. Place on a floured surface. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes., Fill a Dutch oven two-thirds full with water and remaining brown sugar; bring to a boil. Drop bagels, 2 at a time, into boiling water. Cook for 45 seconds; turn and cook 45 seconds longer. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain well on paper towels., In a small bowl, mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over bagels. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° until golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 164 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 300mg sodium, Carbohydrate 37g carbohydrate (14g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
HOMEMADE CINNAMON RAISIN BAGELS
Learn how to make homemade cinnamon raisin bagels with this simple recipe tutorial. Don't skip the water bath and egg wash- both provide an extra chewy and golden brown crust.
Provided by Sally
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Whisk the warm water and yeast together in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment. Cover and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour, brown sugar, salt, and vanilla extract. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes, then beat in the raisins until combined. The dough is very stiff and will look somewhat dry.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle onto a clean surface. Place the dough on top. Knead the dough for 4 minutes, picking up all that cinnamon sugar. Work as much of the cinnamon sugar mixture as you can into the dough. The dough may become a little wet from the added sugar- that's ok.
- Lightly grease a large bowl with oil or nonstick spray. Place the dough in the bowl, turning it to coat all sides in the oil. Cover the bowl with aluminum foil, plastic wrap, or a clean kitchen towel. Allow the dough to rise at room temperature for 60-90 minutes or until double in size.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- When the dough is ready, punch it down to release any air bubbles. Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces. (Just eyeball it- doesn't need to be perfect!) Shape each piece into a ball. Press your index finger through the center of each ball to make a hole about 1.5 - 2 inches in diameter. Watch video above for a visual. Loosely cover the shaped bagels with kitchen towel and rest for a few minutes as you prepare the water bath.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Fill a large, wide pot with 2 quarts of water. Whisk in the honey. Bring water to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-high. Drop bagels in, 2-4 at a time, making sure they have enough room to float around. Cook the bagels for 1 minute on each side.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the egg wash on top and around the sides of each bagel. Place 4 bagels onto each lined baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. You want the bagels to be a dark golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow bagels to cool on the baking sheets for 20 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice, toast, top, whatever you want! Cover leftover bagels tightly and store at room temperature for a few days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
CINNAMON STREUSEL BLUEBERRY MUFFINS (EINSTEIN BAGELS!)
This is truly one of the best blueberry muffins I've ever had. These are just like the Einstein Bagels Blueberry Muffins!
Provided by AZFoodie
Yield 12 Muffins, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 12-cup muffin pan, or line with muffin liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 2 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle evenly over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
CINNAMON AND SUGAR BAGELS
I was on this site looking for a simple bagel recipe, when I came across 2Bleu's recipe #309135. After making two batches of Onion bagels using their recipe I decided to add my own ingredients to the mix and see how it would work out. So this is a combination of 2Bleu's recipe #309135(with permission) and my own added ingredient.
Provided by Chef Ultimate Dragon
Yield 11-12 Bagels, 11-12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine Sugar, Yeast, and Water in Mixer Bowl. Let Stand 5 Min or until Foamy.
- Stir In Salt and Cinnamon and Sugar Mix.
- Add 3 Cups of Flour and Mix on Medium Speed for 5 Min adding remaining flour a 1/2 a cup at a time until a stiff dough ball is attained.
- Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface and kneed dough until no longer sticky. (About 5 - 10 Min).
- Place Dough into lightly greased bowl and cover. Allow dough to rise in bowl until it has doubled in size. (About 15 - 25 Min).
- Remove dough from bowl to a lightly flowered surface and punch down the dough. Cut the dough into 11 or 12 equal pieces. Roll the pieces out into a snake and combine the ends and turn them inside out to seal. Leave them covered for 15 min to rise one more time.
- Fill a 5 quart soup pot with water 4 inches deep (you can add 2 tablespoons honey or sugar for a sweeter bagel). Drop bagels one at a time into the boiling water. Boil about 3-4 at a time or only so many that they float freely, and are not crowded. Simmer for 30 seconds (15 seconds on each side), turning with a slotted spatula. NOTE: Put the top side of the bagel down into water first, and then turn over. When you remove them, the bagels will be top side up and slide off your spatula for draining and adding toppings. Remove and place them gently on a lightly greased cooling rack (that has been placed on top of a clean dish towel) for a few minutes to drain.
- Combine one egg yoke with one tablespoon of water and brush on top of the bagels then sprinkle the top of the bagels with more cinnamon and sugar and place them on a lightly greased baking sheet with either parchment paper or corn meal and place into a 400 degree oven for 35 min or until golden brown.
More about "cinnamon streusel bagels recipes"
EASY HOMEMADE CINNAMON RAISIN BAGELS
Web Jun 12, 2020 For the bagels: 2 1/4 cups warm water 4 teaspoons liquid honey 1 tablespoon active dry yeast (or …
5/5 (9)Calories 280 per servingCategory Bread, Breakfast, Brunch
5/5 (9)Calories 280 per servingCategory Bread, Breakfast, Brunch
- Add the water, honey and yeast to a liquid measuring cup and set aside for the yeast to begin to grow (about 5 minutes).
- Measure the flour and salt into a large bowl and whisk together, along with the cinnamon, sugar and raisins.
- Add the yeast mixture to the flour mixture and mix together well with a wooden spoon or a rubber spatula until a rough dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a well floured surface and knead for about 10-15 turns until the dough forms a ball and isn't too sticky.
COPYCAT PANERA CINNAMON CRUNCH BAGEL …
Web Jul 26, 2017 1 tablespoon cinnamon 1 tablespoon baking soda Katherine Baker Step 1 In a large bowl, combine warm water, yeast, 1 tablespoon sugar or honey, and 1 1/2 …
CINNAMON SUGAR BAGEL - I AM BAKER
Web May 15, 2020 Bagel Dough. In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together warm water and yeast. Rest for 5 minutes. Add in flour, sugar, salt, vegetable oil, and cinnamon. …
PANERA COPYCAT CINNAMON CRUNCH BAGELS
Web Apr 2, 2021 Gather the ingredients for the cinnamon crunch bagel dough. Combine the flour, salt, and yeast, then mix in the cinnamon and honey. Gradually trickle in …
HOW TO MAKE A PERFECT PANERA CINNAMON …
Web May 11, 2021 2-1/4 cups (530ml) water, between 105-115°F 3-1/4 teaspoons (10g) instant or active dry yeast 6 cups (720g) bread flour, plus more for dusting 1-1/2 …
EASY HOMEMADE CINNAMON SUGAR BAGELS …
Web Feb 18, 2019 Instructions for Making Cinnamon Bagel Dough by Hand: Heat water to between 105 and 110 degrees Fahrenheit. Add sugar to the water and stir. Add …
CINNAMON RAISIN BAGELS - RED STAR® YEAST
Web Preheat the oven to 400°F. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, stir in remaining 1 Tbsp brown sugar. Grease a baking sheet and set aside. In small batches, boil the bagels for …
CINNAMON RAISIN BAGELS | THE LEAF …
Web Directions: Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix together flour, baking powder, sea salt and cinnamon. Add the yogurt and use a rubber …
EASY, NO BOIL CINNAMON RAISIN BAGELS
Web Feb 19, 2019 If the dough seems dry at all, add a teaspoon or so of water to help. Knead the ball of dough about 10-15 times. Form into 6 equal sized balls.
HOMEMADE CINNAMON CRUNCH BAGELS. - HALF …
Web Mar 1, 2019 To make the topping: In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar and cinnamon. Stir in 2 tablespoons melted butter. 5. Bring a large pot of water to …
CINNAMON-SUGAR CRUNCH BAGELS RECIPE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
Web To boil the bagels: Combine the water bath ingredients in a wide, shallow pot; the water should be at least 1 1/4" deep. Bring the mixture to a boil. Add bagels to the water two or …
4.7/5 (11)Calories 330 per servingTotal Time 8 hrs
4.7/5 (11)Calories 330 per servingTotal Time 8 hrs
CINNAMON STREUSEL COFFEE CAKE - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
Web 1 day ago Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 10″ square pan with butter. Combine the ingredients for the cinnamon streusel layer in a medium size bowl and stir with a fork …
APPLE PECAN STREUSEL BAGELS - THANK YOU BERRY MUCH
Web Sep 16, 2020 Place the bagels onto the parchment-lined baking sheets. In another small bowl, combine the streusel ingredients together. Press the streusel topping onto the …
BEST CINNAMON RAISIN BAGEL RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CINNAMON …
Web Nov 19, 2021 Directions. Into a large bowl, pour 1½ cups lukewarm water. Sprinkle the yeast over the top, then let sit in a warm space for about 5 minutes, until the yeast …
HOW TO MAKE STREUSEL (CRUMB TOPPING) - SUGAR SPUN RUN
Web May 31, 2021 Instructions. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk or stir together flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and salt. 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour, ½ cup light brown sugar …
BLUEBERRY STREUSEL BAGELS – DAVE BAKES
Web May 28, 2021 method. Make the blueberry paste: Puree 2 cups of blueberries. Add 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, 1 Tablespoon sugar, and a pinch of salt. Place all in a small …
AMAZING CINNAMON RAISIN BAGELS - I AM BAKER
Web May 4, 2020 Cinnamon Raisin Bagel Dough To get started making the bagel dough, get out your stand mixer and whisk the yeast and warm water in the bowl of the mixer. Let …
CINNAMON STREUSEL BAGEL WITH MAPLE WALNUT CREAM CHEESE
Web Mar 2, 2022 In a bowl, cut together butter, flour, brown sugar and ground cinnamon with a fork until crumbles form. Evenly crumble mixture on top of bagels, pressing in slightly to …
IRISH APPLE CAKE RECIPE
Web 2 days ago Sprinkle apples with streusel. Dotdash Meredith Food Studios. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and streusel is …
EASY CINNAMON STREUSEL CRUMB TOPPING RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
Web Jul 5, 2022 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon Steps to Make It Gather the ingredients. Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until crumbly. Alternatively, …
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love