EGGS BENEDICT AND EASY HOLLANDAISE SAUCE
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Break each egg into an individual small bowl and set aside. Fill a large (12-inch) saute pan about half full with water and bring to a boil. Carefully slide each egg into a separate corner of the pan and simmer for exactly 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow the eggs to sit in the water for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the slices of prosciutto on a sheet pan and roast for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place both halves of each toasted muffin on a dinner plate and, using a slotted spoon, slide a poached egg onto each half. Drizzle hollandaise sauce over the poached eggs and garnish with chives. Serve with a slice of prosciutto.
- Place the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in the jar of a blender and process on low for 15 seconds. Melt the butter in a small saucepan until it is sizzling hot. Remove the small clear insert in the top of the blender. With the blender on low, slowly add the hot butter to the egg and lemon mixture and blend for 30 seconds, until the sauce is very thick. Use immediately.
- "Barefoot Contessa Foolproof" by Ina Garten © Clarkson Potter 2012. Provided courtesy of Ina Garten. All rights reserved.
Hollandaise sauce is easy with this foolproof brunch recipe from Tyler Florence on Food Network; the trick is to use a wire whisk and a clean bowl.
Provided by Tyler Florence
Yield 1 cup
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Vigorously whisk the egg yolks and lemon juice together in a stainless steel bowl and until the mixture is thickened and doubled in volume. Place the bowl over a saucepan containing barely simmering water (or use a double boiler,) the water should not touch the bottom of the bowl. Continue to whisk rapidly. Be careful not to let the eggs get too hot or they will scramble. Slowly drizzle in the melted butter and continue to whisk until the sauce is thickened and doubled in volume. Remove from heat, whisk in cayenne and salt. Cover and place in a warm spot until ready to use for the eggs benedict. If the sauce gets too thick, whisk in a few drops of warm water before serving.
- Brown the bacon in a medium skillet and toast the English muffins, cut sides up, on a baking sheet under the broiler. Fill a 10-inch nonstick skillet half full of water. Add white vinegar to the cooking water. This will make the egg white cook faster so it does not spread. Bring to a slow boil. Gently break 1 of the eggs into the water taking care not to break it. Repeat with remaining eggs. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. Cook 3 1/2 minutes until the egg white is set and yolk remains soft. Remove with a slotted spoon, allowing the egg to drain. To assemble: Lay a slice of Canadian bacon on top of each muffin half, followed by a poached egg. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon hollandaise sauce over the eggs. Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Yield: 4 servings
QUICK AND EASY HOLLANDAISE SAUCE IN THE MICROWAVE
Quick and easy hollandaise sauce. Makes enough for 2 servings of eggs benedict or asparagus. I've tried several ways to make hollandaise sauce; this method works every time and is very quick. My kids love it. I put poached egg on toast or biscuit and top with sauce. I also add crumbled sausage with jalapeno and garlic.
Provided by scottki
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Beat egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne pepper together in a microwave-safe bowl until smooth. Slowly stream melted butter into the egg yolk mixture while whisking to incorporate.
- Heat in microwave for 15 to 20 seconds; whisk.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 257.3 calories, Carbohydrate 1 g, Cholesterol 265.9 mg, Fat 27.4 g, Protein 2.9 g, SaturatedFat 16.2 g, Sodium 249 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and skim any white solids from the surface. Keep the butter warm.
- Put the egg yolks, white wine or tarragon vinegar, a pinch of salt and a splash of ice-cold water in a metal or glass bowl that will fit over a small pan. Whisk for a few minutes, then put the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water and whisk continuously until pale and thick, about 3-5 mins.
- Remove from the heat and slowly whisk in the melted butter bit by bit until it's all incorporated and you have a creamy hollandaise. (If it gets too thick, add a splash of water.) Season with a squeeze of lemon juice and a little cayenne pepper. Keep warm until needed.
- To make eggs benedict, toast the muffin halves, top each half with a slice of warmed ham and a poached egg, and spoon over a generous helping of hollandaise.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 529 calories, Fat 57 grams fat, SaturatedFat 34 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 0.5 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 0.4 grams sugar, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 1.4 milligram of sodium
SALMON WITH TANGERINE-LEMON HOLLANDAISE SAUCE
- Combine tangerine and lemon juices in a bowl. Whisk egg yolks and water in a heatproof bowl, and place over a pan of simmering water. Whisk until mixture foams and begins to thicken, 1 minute. Add half the citrus juice. Cook, whisking, until thickened slightly.
- Puree yolk mixture, remaining citrus juice, the zest, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the cayenne in a blender. Reduce speed to low, and add butter in a slow, steady stream. Set sauce aside.
- Cut salmon in half lengthwise, and then cut each half crosswise into 3 pieces (about 2 inches wide). Gently pound between parchment so that all pieces are about 1/4 inch thick. (Salmon can be covered and refrigerated 3 hours).
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season skinned side of salmon with salt and white pepper. Working in batches if needed, cook for 30 seconds. Flip and cook to the desired doneness, about 30 seconds for medium-rare. Place on a platter. Spoon sauce on top; garnish with citrus rounds. Serve remaining sauce on the side.
One of the "mother" sauces in classic French cuisine, this fundamental is perhaps best known in the United States as a decadent topping to eggs benedict. While this is indeed a wonderful way to use hollandaise, this creamy, rich, lemon-tinged sauce has so many other uses! And because hollandaise sauce is so easy to make-containing only butter, eggs and lemon-it's worth committing to memory.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 3
- In 1 1/2-quart saucepan, vigorously stir egg yolks and lemon juice with wire whisk. Add 1/4 cup of the butter. Heat over very low heat, stirring constantly with wire whisk, until butter is melted.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup butter. Continue stirring vigorously until butter is melted and sauce is thickened. (Be sure butter melts slowly so eggs have time to cook and thicken sauce without curdling.) If the sauce curdles (mixture begins to separate), add about 1 tablespoon boiling water and beat vigorously with wire whisk or hand beater until it's smooth.
- Serve immediately. Store covered in refrigerator. To serve refrigerated sauce, reheat over very low heat and stir in a small amount of water.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 80, Carbohydrate 0 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 0 g, Protein 0 g, SaturatedFat 4 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Tablespoon, Sodium 55 mg, Sugar 0 g, TransFat 0 g
- Add egg yolks to a small saucepan; whisk until lemon yellow and slightly thick, about 1 minute. Whisk in lemon juice.
- Add 2 tablespoons cold butter, and place over very low heat. Whisk constantly while butter is melting, and continue whisking until thick enough to see the pan between strokes. Remove pan from heat, and beat in 1 tablespoon cold butter. Repeat. Whisk in melted butter a little bit at a time. Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 449.6 calories, Carbohydrate 1.4 g, Cholesterol 275.7 mg, Fat 49.4 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 30.4 g, Sodium 12.3 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
3-CITRUS HOLLANDAISE SAUCE
- Place butter, lime juice, lemon juice and salt in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH power until butter melts, about 1 minute.
- Whisk to cool slightly.
- Add egg yolks and whisk until well blended.
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on Medium (50%) 15 seconds.
- Whisk until blended.
- Repeat twice until sauce is thickened.
- Whisk in red pepper sauce and orange juice.
- Serve warm.
CITRUS HOLLANDAISE SAUCE
- Combine orange and lemon juices in a bowl. Whisk together egg yolks and 2 tablespoons water in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water until mixture foams and begins to thicken, about 1 minute. Add half of citrus juices and cook, whisking constantly, until thickened slightly, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Puree yolk mixture, remaining citrus juices, lemon zest, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and cayenne in a blender until mixture thickens. With blender on low speed, add butter in a slow, steady stream until combined. Serve warm. Sauce can be stored in refrigerator in an airtight container up to 1 day. Gently warm before serving.
People also searched
More about "citrus hollandaise sauce recipes"
ROASTED BROCCOLI WITH LEMON PARSLEY HOLLANDAISE SAUCE ...
4.8/5 (5)Total Time 30 minsCategory Side DishesCalories 267 per serving
- Place the broccoli florets and garlic onto the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and top with salt and pepper. Using your hands, give the ingredients a gentle toss, making sure to mix all the ingredients together.
- Spread the broccoli out into a single layer. Roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring and flipping halfway, until it is golden-brown on top and tender crisp in texture.
- For the hollandaise sauce. As the broccoli roasts, prepare the sauce using the double-boiler method (use a double broiler or DIY one with a bowl like I did).
HOLLANDAISE SAUCE RECIPE - VENTRAY KITCHEN CANADA
4/5 See details »
SCALLOPS EGGS BENEDICT WITH CITRUS HOLLANDAISE ...
Cuisine AmericanCategory BreakfastServings 4Estimated Reading Time 5 mins See details »
HOLLANDAISE SAUCE RECIPE | GET CRACKING
Category Poached EggsCalories 82 per servingTotal Time 8 mins See details »
PAN-FRIED HALIBUT WITH LEMON-CHIVE HOLLANDAISE | METRO
3/5 (4)Total Time 30 minsServings 6 See details »
HOLLANDAISE SAUCE RECIPE - THE RECIPE WEBSITE - TURNS A ...
Cuisine FrenchTotal Time 8 minsCategory SauceCalories 170 per serving See details »
POACHED SALMON WITH CAPERS AND HOLLANDAISE | HOW TO FEED A ...
5/5 (11)Calories 218 per servingCategory Entree, Seafood
- Heat wine and water in a large skillet over medium-heat. Once simmering, add the lemon, shallots, dill, and capers. Then top with the salmon fillets.
- Once the liquid starts to boil, cover, and reduce heat to medium. Simmer, covered, for about 8 to 10 minutes, until salmon is cooked and flaky.
CRISPY PARMESAN CHICKEN WITH LEMON HOLLANDAISE
Ratings 2Servings 4Cuisine AmericanCategory Main Course
- Set up a station to bread the chicken. One dish with flour and 1/2 tsp salt, one dish with egg beaten with water, and one dish with breadcrumbs, lemon zest, 1 tsp salt, black pepper, fresh parsley, and Parmesan cheese.
- In a double broiler or metal bowl over simmering water (don’t let bowl touch water), whisk together egg yolks, heavy cream, and lemon juice. Continue whisking until sauce is thick enough to coat back of spoon.
HOLLANDAISE SAUCE | THE MODERN PROPER
Category Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, VegetarianCalories 154 per servingTotal Time 5 mins
- In a high speed blender, blend yolks and lemon juice on medium low speed until just combined.Transfer hot melted butter to a liquid measuring cup
- With the blender running pour the butter very slowly in a steady stream into the egg mixture through the top
- Blend until pale yellow and slightly thickened.Remove the sauce from the blender and use immediately or set aside in a bowl, covered with plastic wrap, pressing it down until it touches the sauce
- When ready to serve, stir in 1 or 2 tablespoons of hot water and stir until desired consistency. Notes: Sauce will thicken as it cools, if you’re wanting to reheat it DO NOT use the microwave
HOLLANDAISE SAUCE (QUICK, EASY, FOOLPROOF) | RECIPETIN EATS
4.9/5 (13)Category SauceCuisine French, WesternCalories 179 per serving
- Melt butter in a heatproof jug until hot (be very careful to ensure it doesn't explode if using microwave!). If you use a stove, pour into a jug.
- Let butter stand for just 15 seconds or so until the milky whites settles at the bottom of the jug. (Note 2)
THE BEST EASY HOLLANDAISE SAUCE RECIPE - BUDGET BYTES
5/5 (7)Calories 238 per serving
- Separate the egg and place the egg yolk in a small saucepot. The whites can be saved for a different recipe.
- Cut the butter into small pieces (about ¼ Tbsp size) , then add them to the saucepot with the egg yolk, lemon, and water.
- Place the pot over medium-low heat. Continuously whisk as the mixture heats. First the butter will melt, then the mixture will begin to get a bit frothy. Finally, as the egg yolk begins to cook, the sauce will thicken. Make sure you're whisking the entire time to achieve a light, smooth sauce. Once it thickens to the consistency of gravy, remove the pot from the heat.
CHICKEN BREASTS WITH HOLLANDAISE SAUCE RECIPE
3.7/5 (30)Total Time 50 minsCategory Entree, DinnerCalories 532 per serving See details »
LEMONY HOLLANDAISE SAUCE RECIPE - CHATELAINE.COM
3/5 (7)Category RecipesServings 1Estimated Reading Time 1 min See details »
EASY FOOLPROOF HOLLANDAISE SAUCE - LEMON BLOSSOMS
5/5 (1)Total Time 5 minsCategory Condiment, SaucesCalories 248 per serving See details »
HOLLANDAISE SAUCE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
4.4/5 (21)Category Breakfast, Brunch, SauceCuisine FrenchTotal Time 20 mins See details »
FLORIDA OJ CRAB CAKES WITH CITRUS HOLLANDAISE SAUCE ...
Category Appetizer, Entree, Sauce See details »
CITRUS HOLLANDAISE SAUCE RECIPES
See details »
WHAT COULD I SUBSTITUTE FOR LEMON JUICE IN A HOLLANDAISE ...
See details »
HOLLANDAISE SAUCE RECIPE MICROWAVE DIJON – MICROWAVE RECIPES
See details »
10 BEST HOLLANDAISE SAUCE NO LEMON JUICE RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
LEMON HOLLANDAISE SAUCE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
See details »
You'll also love