Inspired by my Greek mother-in-law's Kokkinisto. I decided to add clams for something different. Spoon over rice or angel hair pasta, sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese, and serve with crusty bread and white wine.
Provided by ICYREDD
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion, celery, and garlic in 2 tablespoons olive oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, and clams. Season with bay leaves, chili pepper flakes, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste. Cover, and simmer for 1 hour, until tomatoes begin to turn deep red in colour and the sauce thickens. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil near the end of the cooking time.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 210.1 calories, Carbohydrate 15.4 g, Cholesterol 53.1 mg, Fat 11.3 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 13.4 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 984.3 mg, Sugar 8 g
More about "clams kokkinisto recipes"
GREEK STYLE BEEF STEW IN A TOMATO SAUCE (MOSHARI KOKKINISTO)
4.9/5 (455)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsCategory MainTotal Time 2 hrs
- To prepare the reddened Greek beef stew, start by cutting the beef into pieces, approx. 100g/ 3.5 ounces each one. Wash thoroughly the beef and wipe with some paper towel. It is important to dry the meat well, in order to be nicely browned.
- Heat a large, deep pot to high heat. After the pan is heated, pour in the oil along with the beef. Brown the pieces of beef on one side, without stirring and then brown them on the other side. Try not to overcrowd the bottom of the pan. Browning the beef is very important, when cooking a Greek beef stew, as it helps the meat remain juicy and tender.
- To prepare the sauce for the Greek beef stew, add into the pot the chopped onions and turn the heat down. Sauté for 3 minutes, until softened. Stir in the garlic and saute for 1 more minute. Pour in the red wine, turn the heat up and cook for 2 minutes, until it evaporates. Add the chopped tomatoes, the tomato paste (dissolved in a teacup of warm water), the cinnamon stick, the cloves, a pinch of sugar and salt and pepper.
GRILLED CLAMS | LEARN HOW TO COOK CLAMS WITH THIS EASY RECIPE
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 minsCategory Main or SideCalories 73 per serving
- Combine room temperature butter/margarine with salsa and pepper to taste. Roll into one inch diameter log and wrap with plastic then chill/freeze until firm.
- Grill cleaned clams over high heat until their shells open. Remove the shell half without flesh. Add a slice of compound butter (the butter salsa mixture) to each clam half and put back on the heat. When the compound butter/margarine has melted serve immediately.
CLAM RECIPES - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
LAMB YOUVETSI (ARNI KOKKINISTO) - DIMITRAS DISHES
4.8/5 (15)Servings 5
CLAMS KOKKINISTO - REVIEW BY DS R. - ALLRECIPES.COM
4.6/5 Author Ds R.
CLAMS KOKKINISTO - REVIEW BY NIK LOUVROS - ALLRECIPES.COM
CANNED CLAMS PAN FRIED RECIPE
CLAMS KOKKINISTO | REEREE YARBROUGH | COPY ME THAT
CLAMS ITALIANO - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
KOKKINISTO RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES ...
OCTAPODI KOKKINISTO (GREEK OCTOPUS IN TOMATO SAUCE) PHOTOS ...
CLAMS KOKKINISTO RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE PHOTOS - CRECIPE.COM
CLAMS KOKKINISTO - REVIEW BY ANGEL LANEY - ALLRECIPES.COM
BEST COOKING BREADS RECIPES: CLAMS KOKKINISTO
CLAMS KOKKINISTO PHOTOS RECIPE
WORLD BEST FLAKES : CLAMS KOKKINISTO
PIN ON PASTA
INSPIRED BY MY GREEK MOTHER-IN-LAW’S KOKKINISTO. I DECIDED ...
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make pasta with clams?Quick and easy spaghetti pasta with clam sauce from minced clams, clam juice, white wine, olive oil,... Minced clams mixed with butter, onions, parsley, and bread crumbs, spooned into half clam shells and... makes 10-12 stuffed clams. serves 3-6. Get Fried Clams and Oysters Recipe from Food Network...
How long does it take to cook clams?Clams make a quick and easy meal, and can be cooked in under 5 minutes. Try Anna Hansen's impressive main course of cod with clams and chorizo or Alan Murchison's sea trout with ruby chard and clams - all featured in this collection of clam recipes.
What can I cook with clams?Try Anna Hansen's impressive main course of cod with clams and chorizo or Alan Murchison's sea trout with ruby chard and clams - all featured in this collection of clam recipes. When cooking clams ensure that they are fresh, this is indicated by their closed shells - any open shelled clams should be discarded.
What is kokkinisto and how is it made?‘Kokkinisto’ translates as ‘reddened’ and is a way of cooking, where the meat is first browned and sealed, to remain juicy and then added to a tomato-based sauce, along with aromatic spices and herbs. Greek beef stew is typically cooked at a relatively low temperature -simmered, not boiled- allowing flavors to mingle.