ROASTED SAUSAGES, PEPPERS, AND ONIONS AND CHEESY BREAD WITH BLACK PEPPER
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place sausage rings on a baking sheet and liberally drizzle extra-virgin olive oil down over them. Place in hot oven and roast until casings are crisp and juices run clear, somewhere between 15 and 20 minutes. Remove from oven to rest sausages; switch on broiler.
- While sausages roast, heat a skillet over medium heat with 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil and sliced garlic. Simmer garlic in extra-virgin olive oil 2 to 3 minutes then add peppers and onions. Turn the heat up a notch, and cook until the vegetables are tender but the peppers still hold strong color, 5 to 6 minutes. Add thinned tomato sauce, salt, and pepper and reduce. Turn heat back to low and hold the veggies until the sausage comes out of the oven, a couple of minutes.
- Toast the split bread, remove from oven, rub with cracked garlic, liberally drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, and cover with cheese and lots of black pepper. Return to the broiler to brown cheese, 1 minute. Scatter parsley over the bread.
- Cut bread into chunks and pile with peppers and onions then sausages. The bread will soak in the juices as you work through the sausage, peppers and onions.
COARSE BLACK PEPPER-CHEESE BREAD
My family loves this bread! I like to serve it especially with soups and sometimes along with dinner. This is the bread I make when I don't use my bread machine. This recipe came from a good cook in our area that she shared in our local paper. The prep time includes the rising time, and I put 25 min. baking time, but start checking after 20 minutes. Thanks for trying this, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Provided by peppermintkitty
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 2 loaves
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 cups flour, yeast, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Mix well In a saucepan, heat milk, water and shortening until warm.
- Add to flour mixture Add egg and beat at low speed until moistened.
- Beat 3 minutes at medium speed.
- By hand, add cheese and enough flour to make a firm dough.
- Knead well on a floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Punch dough down, divide into 2 parts.
- Shape into 2 round loaves.
- Place on a greased baking sheet, cover and let rise in a warm oven until light and doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool on racks, Makes 2 loaves.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1649.8, Fat 53.5, SaturatedFat 21.7, Cholesterol 165.1, Sodium 2769.2, Carbohydrate 236.8, Fiber 10.1, Sugar 13.7, Protein 52.4
QUICK CHEESE AND PEPPER BREAD
I have been making this bread for several years. Pair it with a bowl of homemade chili or soup and you have a wonderful meal for those cold winter days. This bread really is quick and easy and can easily be made by beginners.
Provided by Jellyqueen
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 1 loaf, 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease button only of 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup, level off.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cheese, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper; mix well.
- In small bowl, combine buttermilk, margarine and eggs; blend well.
- Add to dry ingredients stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour into greased pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes; remove.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Wrap; store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 135.6, Fat 7, SaturatedFat 2.6, Cholesterol 31.3, Sodium 237, Carbohydrate 13.2, Fiber 0.4, Sugar 1.1, Protein 4.7
More about "coarse black pepper cheese bread recipes"
CRESCENT’S EXTRA MOIST CHEESE AND BLACK PEPPER CORNBREAD ...
Cuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
MAKING CHEESE BREADS IN YOUR BREAD MAKER MACHINE
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK CHEESY BREAD RECIPE [VIDEO] - DINNER ...
Ratings 26Calories 336 per servingCategory Main Course
CRESCIA ~ UMBRIAN EASTER CHEESE BREAD | ITALIAN FOOD FOREVER
Reviews 29Category BreadsServings 1Total Time 4 hrs 15 mins
JALAPEñO POPPER GRILLED CHEESE - SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS
Ratings 1Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 mins
PARMESAN CHEESE BREAD RING RECIPE | SARGENTO® FOODS ...
Servings 16Calories 193 per servingCategory Appetizers & Side Dishes
MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE | GOOP
Servings 6Category Recipes
OUR RECIPES - SUNDOWNFOODS - RICEPE
RECIPES – LUPO BAKERY
JALAPEñO PEPPER POPPER GRILLED CHEESE | LUNCH | THE BEST ...
COARSE BLACK PEPPER CHEESE BREAD RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
COARSE GROUND BLACK PEPPER TO TASTE ARCHIVES - CORNBREAD ...
BLACK PEPPER BREAD | EMERILS.COM
CHEDDAR CHEESE BREAD | BREAD MACHINE RECIPES
COARSE BLACK PEPPER CHEESE BREAD BEST RECIPES
CRACKED BLACK PEPPER BREAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
COARSE BLACK PEPPER-CHEESE BREAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
COARSE BLACK PEPPER CHEESE BREAD RECIPES
PEPPER CHEESE BREAD RECIPE - PINTEREST.COM
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK CHEESY BREAD – GOOD RECIPES
COARSE BLACK PEPPER-CHEESE BREAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM ...
CHEESE BREAD | CIAO ITALIA
LEEK AND GREENS GRATIN — ALISON ROMAN
#time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #healthy #breads #american #southern-united-states #southwestern-united-states #oven #potluck #holiday-event #winter #dietary #christmas #thanksgiving #seasonal #comfort-food #midwestern #northeastern-united-states #yeast #taste-mood #to-go #equipment #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make pepperoni cheese bread in a bread machine?While you add the cheese at the beginning of the process in the bread pan, the pepperoni is added later much like you would add fruits or nuts to a bread machine recipe. 1 cup water + 2 tablespoons (110°F./43°C.) Add the ingredients to the bread pan in the order indicated but reserve the pepperoni.
How do you add cheese to a bread recipe?Incorporating The Cheese. Some cheese, especially the very soft and creamy types can also add some degree of liquid to the recipe. If your dough looks like a batter or is too sloppy, add a tablespoon of flour at a time until it has the dough-ball consistency you customarily see with a standard bread recipe.
What are the best cheeses for baking bread?There are also cheese varieties that are very soft like brie, mascarpone and cream cheese. These tend to blend into the dough during the kneading process and lend an overall flavor to the loaf. They are impossible to grate or shred. 2. Incorporating The Cheese Any cheese added to a bread recipe should be at room temperature when it’s added.
What is the best way to cook split bread?Toast the split bread, remove from oven, rub with cracked garlic, liberally drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, and cover with cheese and lots of black pepper. Return to the broiler to brown cheese, 1 minute. Scatter parsley over the bread. Cut bread into chunks and pile with peppers and onions then sausages.