COCONUT CREAM CUPCAKES
Enjoy your favorite rich flavors in our Coconut Cream Cupcakes. These delectable Coconut Cream Cupcakes are filled with a luscious of coconut and pudding and are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Top off your cupcakes with mint leaves and raspberries to make them pop.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 24 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package; stir in 2/3 cup coconut. Spoon into 24 paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pans 10 min. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, beat pudding mix and coconut milk in large bowl with whisk 2 min. (Pudding will be thick.) Refrigerate until ready to assemble cupcakes.
- Remove cupcakes from liners; cut cupcakes horizontally in half. Place cupcake bottoms on tray. Top each with 1 Tbsp. pudding and 1 tsp. of the remaining flaked coconut; cover with cupcake top.
- Spoon frosting into medium bowl. Add COOL WHIP; whisk until blended. Spread onto cupcakes. Garnish with remaining flaked coconut, raspberries and mint.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300, Fat 16 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, TransFat 1 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 270 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 2 g
COCONUT CREAM PIE CUPCAKES
These Coconut Cream Pie Cupcakes are made with a moist coconut cupcake filled with coconut cream filling and topped with coconut frosting!
Provided by Life, Love and Sugar
Number Of Ingredients 23
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C) and prepare a cupcake pan with cupcake liners. 2
- . Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- . Add the butter, sugar, oil and coconut extract to a large mixer bowl and beat together until light in color and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Do not skimp on the creaming time.
- . Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until mostly combined after each. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to be sure all ingredients are well incorporated.
- . Add half of the dry ingredients to the batter and mix until mostly combined.
- . Slowly add the milk and mix until well combined. The batter will look curdled, but that's ok. 7.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until well combined and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to be sure all ingredients are well incorporated. Do not over mix the batter. 8.
- Fill the cupcake liners about 3/4 full and bake for 13-15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs. 9.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool for about 2-3 minutes, then remove to cooling racks to cool completely. 10
- While the cupcakes cool, make the pastry cream. Put the egg yolks in a medium sized bowl and gently beat them together. Set aside. 11
- Add the sugar, cornstarch and milk to a large saucepan and mix until smooth. 12
- Cook, stirring continuously, over medium-high heat until mixture begins to thicken and bubble. 13
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. 14
- Add a little bit of milk mixture to the egg yolks and whisk together, then add egg mixture to milk mixture. This process ensures that you don't cook the egg yolks. 15.
- lace the pan back on the heat and bring to a light boil. Allow to boil for 1-2 minutes, stirring continuously. 16.
- emove from heat and add butter, coconut extract and flaked coconut. Stir until smooth, then set aside to cool to room temperature. 17.
- o make the frosting, combine the butter and shortening in a large mixer bowl and mix until smooth. 18.
- dd 2 cups of powdered sugar and mix until smooth. 19.
- dd the coconut extract and 1 tablespoon of water or milk and mix until smooth. 20.
- dd remaining powdered sugar and mix until smooth. 21.
- dd remaining water or milk as needed and mix until smooth. Set aside. 22.
- sing a cupcake corer or small knife, remove the centers from the cupcakes. 23.
- ill the centers of the cupcakes with the filling. 24.
- ipe the frosting onto the cupcakes and sprinkle with toasted coconut. 25.
- f you'd like to add the pie crust toppers, bring the refrigerated pie crust to room temperature. 26. Ro
- l out the pie crust and use a mini cutter (shape of your choice) to cut out the toppers. 27. Pl
- ce on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake according to package instructions (roughly 450°F for about 5-7 minutes). 28. Top
- cupcakes with toppers and refrigerate until ready to serve. Cupcakes are best when stored in an airtight container. Best for 2-3 days.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 Cupcake, Calories 466 calories, Sugar 46.6 g, Sodium 135.6 mg, Fat 24.5 g, SaturatedFat 12.3 g, TransFat 1.2 g, Carbohydrate 57.6 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 5.4 g, Cholesterol 87.4 mg
COCONUT CUPCAKES WITH WHIPPED COCONUT MOUSSE FILLING AND COCONUT BUTTERCREAM
- For the cupcakes: Preheat the convection oven to 325 degrees F or a standard oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large mixer bowl, cream together the granulated sugar and butter until light and fluffy with a heavy duty mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix thoroughly after each addition. Add the coconut extract and mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add half of the flour to the mixer bowl along with 1/2 cup of the half-and-half. Mix until the flour is mixed in, scraping the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add the rest of flour mixture and the other 1/2 cup half-and-half. Mix until the batter is smooth and all of the flour lumps are gone. Fold in the coconut flakes.
- Fill 24 cupcake liners half full and bake for 20 minutes in the convection oven or 28 minutes in the standard oven. The tops of the cupcakes should be lightly browned. Check the cupcakes to make sure no batter sticks to a wooden toothpick when inserted into the cupcake. Cool the cupcakes completely.
- For the mousse filling: In large mixer bowl, beat the heavy cream, half-and-half, coconut extract and pudding mix until light and fluffy using a heavy duty mixer. It should have the consistency of whipped cream. Gently fold in the coconut using a plastic spatula. Put the filling in a pastry bag or zipper bag with a corner cut off.
- For the coconut buttercream: In large mixer bowl, beat together the butter and half of the powdered sugar using heavy duty mixer. Add the half-and-half and the rest of the powdered sugar, along with the coconut extract, and mix well. If the frosting is thicker than you would like, add 1 teaspoon of additional half-and-half at a time, mixing well after each addition, until the frosting reaches the correct consistency. The thickness may depend on the humidity levels in your region. Put into a pastry bag.
- To assemble: Make a hole in the middle of each cupcake using a sharp knife. Be sure and leave a small amount of cake in the bottom of the hole. Fill the cupcakes with the mousse filling. Frost with coconut buttercream. You may top the cupcakes with more flake coconut or toasted coconut as desired.
- Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs, 1 at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition. Add the vanilla and almond extracts and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In 3 parts, alternately add the dry ingredients and the buttermilk to the batter, beginning and ending with the dry. Mix until just combined. Fold in 7 ounces of coconut.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners. Fill each liner to the top with batter. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until the tops are brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Remove to a baking rack and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, on low speed, cream together the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla and almond extracts. Add the confectioners' sugar and mix until smooth.
- Frost the cupcakes and sprinkle with the remaining coconut.
DELICIOUS COCONUT FILLING FOR CUPCAKES
If you are a fan of coconut, you will love this delicious coconut filling for cupcakes. It is a wonderful addition to your favorite cupcake recipe. It is sure to be a hit at your next summer BBQ or dinner party.
Provided by cakedecorist.com
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat Cream, Sugar, and Butter - In a heavy-bottom pot, heat the heavy whipping cream, sugar, and butter. Heat until the sugar is completely melted and the mixture is well combined.
- Combine Cornstarch, Vanilla, and Water - In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, vanilla, and one tablespoon of water.
- Combine the Cornstarch Mixture With the Cream Mixture - Pour the cornstarch mixture into the heavy cream mixture. Whisk to combine and bring the ingredients to a boil in the heavy-bottom pan. Continue cooking for about one minute, until the mixture becomes thick.
- Remove From Heat and Add the Coconut - Remove the heavy-bottom pan from the heat and stir in the sweetened, shredded coconut. Allow the mixture to completely cool.
- Fill Cupcakes - Using a cupcake corer or butter knife, carve a shallow hole into each cupcake. Using a spoon, fill the cupcakes with coconut filling. Top the cupcake with your favorite frosting and serve.
COCONUT DREAM CUPCAKES
My daughter, Elizabeth, came up with this incredible recipe. The cream cheese in the middle is a fun surprise when someone takes their first bite. -Julie Flournoy, Laurelville, OH
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1-1/2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar and coconut extract until smooth., In a large bowl, cream butter and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition., Spoon 1 rounded tablespoon of batter into each prepared cup. Drop cream cheese mixture by scant tablespoonfuls into center of each cupcake. Cover with remaining batter, about 1 scant tablespoon each., Bake 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely., For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, water and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 355 calories, Fat 20g fat (12g saturated fat), Cholesterol 73mg cholesterol, Sodium 232mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (29g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
COCONUT-FILLED CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
If you are nuts about chocolate and coconut, this is definitely the cupcake for you. The chocolate ganache is so tempting, you just might end up with a shortage of frosting!-LuAnn Klink, Frostburg, Maryland
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 26 cupcakes.
Number Of Ingredients 22
- For filling, place egg white and salt in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Combine coconut and flour; set aside. Beat egg white on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating on high until glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Gradually fold in coconut mixture, about 1/4 cup at a time; set aside., In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk and water. Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Drop filling by teaspoonfuls into center of each cupcake. Cover with 2 tablespoons batter., Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely., For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in shortening and chocolate chips until melted. Beat until thickened. Spread over cupcakes and garnish with toasted coconut and chocolate curls.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 298 calories, Fat 13g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 17mg cholesterol, Sodium 162mg sodium, Carbohydrate 45g carbohydrate (34g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
CREAM FILLED CUPCAKES
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 36 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and 1 teaspoon salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the eggs, 1 cup milk, water, oil and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Mix well. Fill each muffin cup half-full of batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Make filling: In a large bowl, beat butter and shortening together until smooth. Blend in confectioners' sugar and pinch of salt. Gradually beat in 3 tablespoons milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla. beat until light and fluffy. Fill a pastry bag with a small tip. Push tip through bottom of paper liner to fill each cupcake.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 195.9 calories, Carbohydrate 26.9 g, Cholesterol 14.4 mg, Fat 9.4 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 1.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.4 g, Sodium 151.4 mg, Sugar 18.4 g
COCONUT CUPCAKES WITH ALMOND CREAM FROSTING
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Beat sugar and butter together using an electric mixer in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Pour in vanilla extract, almond extract, and coconut extract; mix well. Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, mixing until incorporated. Fold in coconut.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 15 to 17 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to wire racks to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and shortening together using an electric mixer in a mixing bowl until creamy. Slowly add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, until creamy. Mix in vanilla extract and almond extract.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes. Top each with shredded coconut.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 501.6 calories, Carbohydrate 61.7 g, Cholesterol 92.4 mg, Fat 26.8 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Protein 5.2 g, SaturatedFat 15.9 g, Sodium 290.9 mg, Sugar 47.1 g
COCONUT CREAM FILLING
- Place egg yolks in a large bowl; whisk to combine; set bowl aside.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan. Gradually whisk in milk. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until mixture thickens and comes to a boil, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk 1/2 cup hot milk mixture into the reserved egg yolks to temper. Slowly pour warm yolks into the saucepan, stirring constantly. Cook slowly, stirring, over medium-low heat, until mixture begins to bubble, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in coconut and vanilla.
- Transfer filling to a medium mixing bowl. Lightly butter a piece of plastic wrap, and lay it directly on top of filling to prevent a skin from forming. Chill until firm, at least 1 hour.
COCONUT CREAM CUPCAKES
- Cup Cake Cooking Directions:.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and arrange rack in center. Line 1 (12 cup) muffin pan with baking cups; set aside. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl; set aside. Beat together butter and granulated sugar in a large bowl on high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and extract; beat until combined well, about 2 minutes. Alternately add flour mixture and coconut milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating until just combined.
- Divide batter among baking cups and bake until cupcakes spring back when lightly touched, 18 to 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes, remove cupcakes and cool completely on rack.
- Holding a small knife at ab angle, cut a 1 1/2 inch round in the top of each cupcake, forming a shallow cone shaped opening. Remove tops and fill each cupcake with 2 tablespoons custard; re-cover. Dollop whipped cream on top of each cupcake and garnish with toasted coconut flakes.
- Coconut Custard Directions:.
- Whisk together cornstarch, sugar and salt in a medium saucepan. Add milk, coconut milk and yolks; whisk until combined well. Bring to a boil over moderately high heat, stirring constantly; immediately remove from heat. Add butter and stir until melted and combined well. Transfer to a bowl set over ice and cold water; let cool completely, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 319.7, Fat 16.7, SaturatedFat 10.2, Cholesterol 128.4, Sodium 199.9, Carbohydrate 38.6, Fiber 0.8, Sugar 23.8, Protein 4.7
- Cupcake: Heat oven to 350°F Generously coat 18 indents in two cupcake pans with nonstick spray. in a bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl on medium speed for 2 minutes, until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. On low speed, add flour mixture, alternating with milk, in two additions. Divide batter among indents, 1/3 cup each.
- Bake at 350 F for 17 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes to rack and let cool completely.
- Filling and Frosting: Beat butter, shortening, powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Mix in coconut extract. Transfer cream filling to a pastry bag and fit with a small tip. Insert tip deep into cupcake and fill with cream until you can see top bulging. Spread cupcakes with prepared frosting and serve.
More about "coconut cream filled cupcakes recipes"
COCONUT CREAM CUPCAKES – JAMIE COOKS IT UP
EASY COCONUT CREAM CUPCAKES - LOVE FROM THE OVEN
COCONUT CREAM CUPCAKES RECIPE - SOMETHING SWANKY
COCONUT CUPCAKES WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING - JUST A …
COCONUT CREAM CUPCAKES | IMPERIAL SUGAR - RECIPES
10 BEST COCONUT CREAM FILLING RECIPES | YUMMLY
THE BEST CHOCOLATE COCONUT CUPCAKES - BAKER BY NATURE
COCONUT CREAM-FILLED CUPCAKES WITH MATCHA FROSTING - SWEET AND …
25 FILLED CUPCAKES YOU’LL FLIP FOR - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
COCONUT CREAM PIE CUPCAKES - SIMPLY STACIE
COCONUT CREAM CUPCAKES WITH HOMEMADE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
THE ULTIMATE COCONUT CUPCAKES - THE SHABBY CREEK COTTAGE
COCONUT CUPCAKES - PRETTY. SIMPLE. SWEET.
EASY COCONUT CREAM CUPCAKES WITH WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING
TOP 30 BEST FILLED CUPCAKES - COOKING CHEW
TOASTED COCONUT CUPCAKES WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
COCONUT CREAM-FILLED CUPCAKES WITH MATCHA FROSTING - SWEET AND …
COCONUT CREAM CAKE OR CUPCAKES - THE PERKS OF BEING US
COCONUT CUPCAKES - CUPCAKES & KALE CHIPS
COCONUT CREAM CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES - SIMPLY SO GOOD
EASY COCONUT CREAM PIE CUPCAKES WITH CAKE MIX - BEYOND FROSTING
COCONUT CREAM FILLED CUPCAKES! - THE BAKED BATCH
COCONUT CREAM CUPCAKES WITH TOASTED COCONUT CREAM
COCONUT LIME CUPCAKES - HOUSE OF YUMM
COCONUT CREAM CUPCAKES JUST LIKE THE PIE BUT IN A CUPCAKE!
AWARD-WINNING CHOCOLATE COCONUT CUPCAKES
COCONUT CREAM PIE CUPCAKES | QUEENSLEE APPéTIT
COCONUT CREAM PIE CUPCAKES - BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
COCONUT CREAM CUPCAKES RECIPE | SELF
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES WITH COCONUT CREAM FILLING - AFOODIEAFFAIR
COCONUT CREAM CUPCAKES | DIXIE CRYSTALS - RECIPES
COCONUT CREAM FILLED COCONUT CUPCAKES WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
COCONUT CREAM FILLED CUPCAKES RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
VEGAN COCONUT CREAM CUPCAKES - CRUMBS & CARAMEL
COCONUT CUPCAKES WITH COCONUT CREAM CHEESE FROSTING RECIPE
You'll also love