COCONUT CURRY FISH
Jamaican curry powder plays a major role in this deeply savory weeknight dish, giving the sauce its unique flavor and golden hue. The traditional spice blend is heavy on the turmeric, and benefits from being toasted, which brings out its notes. This recipe calls for frozen whiting, which doesn't hold up to frying but shines here, simmered in a sauce studded with red and green bell peppers. If whiting is unavailable, cod is also a good choice.
Provided by Millie Peartree
Categories dinner, weeknight, seafood, main course
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat a medium (10-inch) saucepan with deep sides over medium-high. Drizzle in olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Add red and green bell peppers and onion, and sauté until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the curry powder to the pan, and toast for about 1 minute, stirring often to keep the curry from scorching. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the grated ginger and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Place fish on top of cooked vegetables, or nestle them into the vegetables, if your pan is becoming too full. Pour coconut milk over fish and vegetables.
- Cover and simmer over medium-low until fish is cooked and starts to flake, about 20 minutes. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Squeeze lime to taste over the top and garnish with scallions and cilantro. Serve with white rice or couscous.
COCONUT CURRY FISH
- Bring the water and rice to a boil in a pot. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 45 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, and cook 1 minute. Mix in cod, and season with curry powder, chili powder, turmeric, cumin, salt, and pepper. Pour in the coconut milk, and mix in frozen vegetables. Cover, and cook 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and cod is easily flaked with a fork.
- Drain 1/2 cup liquid from the skillet into a bowl, and mix with cornstarch. Stir back into skillet to thicken sauce. Serve over the cooked rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 352.8 calories, Carbohydrate 32.1 g, Cholesterol 27.3 mg, Fat 18 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 18.9 g, SaturatedFat 13 g, Sodium 282.6 mg, Sugar 2.7 g
COCONUT FISH CURRY
This colourful hake and prawn one-pot has Thai and Indian inspired flavours and is quick enough for midweek - ready in under 30 minutes
Provided by Jane Hornby
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat the oil in a wide, lidded frying pan, then soften the onion for 5 mins. Increase the heat a little, stir in the ginger, garlic, shrimp paste, chilli and lemongrass, and cook for 2 mins. Add the curry powder and sugar, and keep stirring. When the sugar starts to melt and everything starts to clump together, add the coriander stems, coconut milk and 2 tbsp water, then bring to a simmer.
- Add the fish to the sauce, tuck the prawns in here and there, then squeeze over half the lime. Pop on the lid and simmer for 5 mins more or until the hake is just cooked and flaking, and the prawns are pink through. Taste for seasoning, adding a squeeze more lime to the sauce if you like. Scatter over the coriander leaves and serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 412 calories, Fat 24 grams fat, SaturatedFat 16 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 15 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 11 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 33 grams protein, Sodium 1.7 milligram of sodium
EASY COCONUT CURRY FISH
- In a wok or dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat, cook onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add curry powder, salt and pepper and stir for 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk, tomatoes, stock and allspice, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add fish, cover and cook for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Discard the allspice, stir in lime juice and serve sprinkled with the spring onions.
COCONUT FISH CURRY
- Combine curry powder, ground ginger, and ground turmeric in a skillet; toast the spices over medium heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Pour olive oil and garlic into the spice mixture and stir to make a paste.
- Stir onion into the spice mixture; cook and stir until the onion is tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir about half the coconut milk and half the water into the onion mixture; simmer together for 5 minutes. Add cod to the mixture; continue cooking until the fish is firm, about 5 minutes. Add tomato, remaining coconut milk, and remaining water to the skillet; cook until the tomato is softened, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 237.3 calories, Carbohydrate 18.7 g, Cholesterol 17.6 mg, Fat 14.2 g, Fiber 4.4 g, Protein 12.3 g, SaturatedFat 11.5 g, Sodium 50.8 mg, Sugar 7.3 g
GREEN COCONUT FISH CURRY
- Heat the oil in a nonstick pan, add the mustard seeds, cardamom pods, cloves, and cinnamon stick and stir-fry for 20 seconds (be careful, the mustard seeds might pop). Add half of the chopped onion and stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the onions are soft. Meanwhile, place the remaining onion, the ginger, garlic, ground coriander, and 2 ounces (1/4 cup) of coconut milk into a blender or food processor, and blend to a smooth puree.
- Add the coconut milk mixture to the pan along with the whole green chiles, and salt, to taste. Cover the pan with a lid, and cook over a low heat for 12 to 15 minutes, giving the pot an occasional stir.
- Add the remaining coconut milk, the water, the curry leaves, black pepper, garam masala, and the fish, and leave to cook undisturbed for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until the fish is opaque and cooked through.
- To serve this dish, stir in the lemon juice and fresh cilantro. Taste and adjust the seasonings, if necessary, and then pour into bowls and serve with rice.
LIME COCONUT FISH CURRY
Rich and aromatic and surprisingly quick -- about 20 minutes. Use real garam masala -- not the yellow supermarket curry.
Provided by fluffernutter
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Rub fish with garam masala and brown on each side in hot oil in a skillet. The fish shouldn't cook through. Remove from skillet.
- Saute onion and garlic in additional oil (if needed) in the skillet with the lid on, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender and slightly browned. Add pepper, tomato, and more garam masala. Cook with the lid on for a minute to "melt" the tomato.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the fish and simmer, covered, until cooked through, about 5 minutes longer.
- Squeeze lime juice over fish and sauce. Remove the hot pepper. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 309.5, Fat 26.6, SaturatedFat 18.4, Sodium 60, Carbohydrate 18, Fiber 3.9, Sugar 10.6, Protein 4
ONE-POT COCONUT FISH CURRY
Cook our easy one-pot curry in just half an hour, with only 5 mins prep. It's ideal for feeding the family quickly, on a budget. Serve with rice and yogurt
Provided by Elena Silcock
Categories Dinner, Fish Course, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the onion and a big pinch of salt. Gently fry until the onion is translucent, so around 10 mins, then add the garlic and spices. Stir and cook for another minute, adding a splash of water to prevent them sticking. Tip in the coconut milk and stir well, then simmer for 10 mins.
- Tip the fish pie mix and the frozen peas into the pan and cook until the peas are bright green and the fish is starting the flake, so around 3 mins. Season and add lime juice to taste. Ladle into bowls and serve with yogurt and rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 354 calories, Fat 23 grams fat, SaturatedFat 16 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 13 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 22 grams protein, Sodium 0.6 milligram of sodium
More about "coconut fish curry recipes"
COCONUT FISH CURRY | RICARDO
5/5 (70)Total Time 1 hrCategory Main DishesCalories 700 per serving
EASY COCONUT FISH RECIPE - FIT MEN COOK
KETO THAI FISH CURRY - RECIPE - DIET DOCTOR
10 BEST INDIAN FISH CURRY WITH COCONUT MILK RECIPES
COCONUT FISH CURRY WITH VEGETABLES | JERNEJ KITCHEN
THAI FISH CURRY (EASY TO MAKE!) - THE ENDLESS MEAL®
COCONUT FISH CURRY | SAINSBURY`S MAGAZINE
COCONUT FISH CURRY - MADELEINE SHAW
THAI COCONUT FISH CURRY - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
COCONUT GREEN FISH CURRY RECIPE - CHATELAINE
THE BEST THAI COCONUT CURRY RECIPE WITH FISH!
COCONUT FISH CURRY RECIPE - A TASTY KITCHEN
10 BEST THAI FISH CURRY WITH COCONUT MILK RECIPES
INDIAN FISH CURRY WITH COCONUT MILK - MY GORGEOUS RECIPES
CREAMY COCONUT FISH CURRY | CURRY RECIPES | SBS FOOD
COCONUT CURRY FISH | CANADIAN LIVING
SPECIAL ROASTED COCONUT FISH CURRY - MY SRI LANKAN RECIPES
COCONUT FISH CURRY RECIPE - BBC FOOD
INDIAN COCONUT FISH CURRY RECIPE - ANYA VON BREMZEN | FOOD
COCONUT FISH CURRY - COOKING CIRCLE
COCONUT FISH CURRY RECIPE - I LOVE FOODIES
COCONUT FISH CURRY RECIPE | YOUR ULTIMATE MENU
COCONUT FISH CURRY RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
BEST COCONUT CURRY-BRAISED FISH RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE COCONUT …
FISH CURRY RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
COCONUT FISH CURRY | RICARDO
COCONUT FISH CURRY - SPICE CRAVINGS
COCONUT FISH CURRY RECIPE | POLLOCK RECIPES - FULTON FISH MARKET
FRIED FISH CURRY | RECIPE | KITCHEN STORIES
KERALA FISH CURRY RECIPE | KERALA FISH CURRY WITH COCONUT
THAI COCONUT FISH RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
FISH CURRY IN COCONUT GRAVY | BONELESS FISH GRAVY | FISH …
COCONUT FISH CURRY - SISI JEMIMAH
QUICK & EASY COCONUT FISH CURRY - HOOKED ON HEAT
COCONUT CURRY FISH RECIPE - JAMAICANS.COM
KERALA FISH CURRY WITH COCONUT MILK RECIPE - MARIASMENU
COCONUT FISH CURRY - OMNIVORE'S COOKBOOK
THAI FISH CURRY RECIPE | FEASTING AT HOME
THAI COCONUT FISH CURRY - (SO EASY AND QUICK!) - FIT FOUND ME
You'll also love