COMMANDO FRIED CHICKEN
- Combine buttermilk and hot sauce in a bowl.
- Place chicken in a shallow pan and pour buttermilk mixture over chicken. Cover tightly and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine egg substitute and whole-grain mustard in a shallow dish. Combine cereal, Parmesan, and oregano in a second shallow dish.
- Remove chicken from marinade and drain excess liquid.
- Dip chicken pieces, 1 at a time, into the egg mustard mixture and then dredge in the cereal mixture.
- Place chicken on a wire rack set on top of a baking sheet. Lightly spray the chicken with cooking spray.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through and juices run clear when pierced with a knife.
- Thoroughly rinse the chicken pieces, then place them in a bowl and cover with 4 cups of the buttermilk. Soak in the fridge overnight or up to 24 hours.
- When you're ready to fry the chicken, remove the bowl from the fridge and let it sit on the counter for 30 minutes, just to take the chill off.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 360 degrees F and mix up the breading. Place the flour, seasoned salt, paprika, black pepper, thyme and cayenne (plus extra cayenne if you like heat) in a very large bowl. Stir together well.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 cup buttermilk and the milk. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and gradually mix with a fork until there are little lumps throughout; these will adhere to the chicken and make for a crispier breading. If necessary, add a little more flour or milk to make the breading slightly lumpy.
- Heat 1 1/2 to 2 inches of oil in a deep skillet over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer reaches 365 degrees F. Lower the heat slightly, if necessary, to keep the oil from getting hotter.
- Working in batches, thoroughly coat each chicken piece with breading, pressing extra breading onto the chicken if necessary. Place the breaded pieces on a plate.
- Add the breaded chicken to the oil, 3 or 4 pieces at a time; make sure they don't stick together. Cover the pan and fry for 5 to 7 minutes, checking occasionally to make sure the chicken isn't getting too brown. Turn the pieces over, cover again, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes more. All the while, monitor the temperature of the oil to make sure the chicken doesn't burn.
- Transfer the fried chicken to a baking sheet and continue frying the rest of the chicken. When all the chicken has been fried, remove the wings and legs to a plate and keep covered. (These should be cooked all the way through by now, but always check if any pink juice or meat is visible. If so, return to the hot oil for another minute or so, until fully cooked.) Leave the thighs and breasts on the baking sheet.
- Bake the thighs and breasts for 15 minutes to finish cooking. (Sometimes I'll cut into the thicker part of one of the larger pieces just to make sure the chicken is cooked through. If any pink juice or meat is visible, the chicken needs to continue cooking in the oven.)
OVEN FRIED CHICKEN
Corn cereal crumbs and crushed crackers create a delicious coating. The yogurt tenderizes the chicken. A light spray of olive oil before baking guarantees lightly crispy results.
Provided by Ellie Krieger
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Combine the crackers and corn cereal crumbs, sesame seeds, cayenne, and garlic powder in a shallow bowl. Reserve.
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites, yogurt, Dijon mustard, and salt. Add the chicken pieces and coat thoroughly with the yogurt mixture.
- One at a time, dip the chicken pieces in the cracker mixture, packing crumbs onto chicken. Arrange the chicken on a baking sheet and spray lightly with olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a knife.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270 calorie, Fat 5 grams, SaturatedFat 1 grams, Sodium 590 milligrams, Carbohydrate 21 grams, Fiber 1 grams, Protein 33 grams
COMMANDO FRIED CHICKEN
- Combine buttermilk and hot sauce in a bowl. Place chicken in a shallow pan and pour buttermilk mixture over chicken. Cover tightly and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine egg substitute and whole-grain mustard in a shallow dish. Combine cereal, Parmesan, and oregano in a second shallow dish. Remove chicken from marinade and drain excess liquid. Dip chicken pieces, 1 at a time, into the egg mustard mixture and then dredge in the cereal mixture. Place chicken on a wire rack set on top of a baking sheet. Lightly spray the chicken with cooking spray. Bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through and juices run clear when pierced with a knife.
BEST-EVER FRIED CHICKEN
Crispy, juicy and perfectly seasoned, this really is the best fried chicken recipe, ever. Summer reunions and neighborly gatherings will never be the same. When I was growing up, my parents had a farm, and every year, Dad would hire teenage boys to help by haying time. They looked forward to coming because they knew they would be treated to some of Mom's deep fryer recipes, including this delicious fried chicken. -Lola Clifton, Vinton, Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a shallow bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients. In a separate shallow bowl, whisk egg, milk and lemon juice until blended. Dip chicken in flour mixture to coat all sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg mixture, then again in flour mixture., In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, 6-10 minutes on each side or until skin is golden brown and juices run clear. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 811 calories, Fat 57g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 176mg cholesterol, Sodium 725mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 47g protein.
CLASSIC FRIED CHICKEN
- In a wide, shallow dish or pie plate, whisk together flour, cornstarch, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Transfer 1 1/4 cups flour mixture to an airtight container; set aside. In a large glass bowl, whisk together buttermilk, 2 tablespoons salt, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Dredge chicken in flour mixture, then submerge in buttermilk mixture. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours (or up to overnight).
- Place a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet lined with paper towels. In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat oil to 350 degrees over medium (a small cube of bread should brown in less than 1 minute). Transfer reserved flour mixture to a wide, shallow dish. In batches, lift chicken from buttermilk, letting excess drip off, and dredge in flour mixture.
- Fry chicken until golden brown and cooked through, 16 to 20 minutes per batch, flipping once (adjust heat if browning too quickly). With tongs, transfer chicken to rack to drain, 5 minutes, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 750 g, Fat 33 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 58 g
More about "commando fried chicken recipes"
COMMANDO FRIED CHICKEN - WHAT'S COOKIN, CHICAGO
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - THE SEASONED MOM
11 BEST FRIED CHICKEN RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
HOW TO MAKE FRIED CHICKEN - HANDLE THE HEAT
HERE'S KFC'S SECRET RECIPE TO EXTRA CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN
OVEN FRIED CHICKEN - FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
20 TOP-RATED FRIED CHICKEN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
FRIED CHICKEN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
DOMINICAN FRIED CHICKEN (CHICHARRONES DE POLLO) RECIPE
COMMANDO FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE | COOKBOOK CREATE
BEST CHICKEN FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - THE ANTHONY KITCHEN
CLASSIC SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE
CRISPY CHICKEN FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
COMMANDO FRIED CHICKEN
CRISPY OVEN FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - THE SECRET INGREDIENTS ...
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY, JUICY FRIED CHICKEN (THAT’S BETTER ...
KFC FRIED CHICKEN - COPYKAT RECIPES
OVEN FRIED CHICKEN - CAFE DELITES
SUPER CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
BEST CHICKEN-FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN ...
COMMANDO FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE RECIPE
SECRET INGREDIENT RESTAURANT STYLE FRIED CHICKEN
20 DELECTABLE FRIED CHICKEN RECIPES - DINNER AT THE ZOO
THE BEST OVEN FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - KITCHEN DREAMING
KFC CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE (ORIGINAL) - KFC STYLE ...
CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN ON THE GRILL - KAMADO JOE FRIED ...
WORLD BEST FLAKES : COMMANDO FRIED CHICKEN
BEST HOMEMADE FRIED CHICKEN | COPYCAT KFC RECIPE
10 BEST FRIED CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
BEST HOMEMADE FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CRISPY ...
FRIED CHICKEN | RECIPETIN EATS
CRISPY CHICKEN BROAST || FRIED CHICKEN || ORIGINAL RECIPE ...
SIMPLE FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE (SUPER EASY TO MAKE!) - LGCM
COUNTRY FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE - EASY, SIMPLE!
SKILLET-FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
COMMANDO FRIED CHICKEN - SOUNDS DELICIOUS BUT I WOULD PASS ...
OVEN FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE (SUPER CRISPY & SO EASY ...
MY OVEN FRIED CHICKEN (KFC COPYCAT) | KEVIN IS COOKING
CRISPY FRIED CHICKEN - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
CHICKEN FRIED CHICKEN - MOOSHU JENNE
THE COLONEL'S FRIED CHICKEN - MODERNIST CUISINE
#time-to-make #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #poultry #oven #easy #chicken #dietary #comfort-food #high-protein #low-carb #high-in-something #low-in-something #meat #taste-mood #equipment #4-hours-or-less
2 Extra Crispy Fried Chicken Recipe46K views-04:42
Crispy Fried Chicken Recipe | Quick and Easy Fried Chicken Recipe232K views-09:32
How to Make Crispy Fried Chicken | Preppy Kitchen335K views-07:06
Garlic Chicken | Easy & Delicious Garlic Chicken fry | Chicken Snacks Recipe223K views-03:57
You'll also love